Air Transat

"no one was even ready to listen"

Trip Verified | I was travelling on last Friday(attached doc) from Toronto to Montreal. And when i went to take my boarding pass in Toronto the air Transat person said that we have less space in airplane you can submit you cabin bag for free. I submitted and when i reached in Montreal at around 7:30 i waited 1 hour near the belt and there was literally no one to help. There was no counter for air Transat help. I asked some other person they just said we don't work for the company we don't know. I went to the departure place just to see if there is someone there if they can help as all my original documents were there in my bag and i could not afford to loose them. I went upstairs where they give boarding passes said you have to call air Transat we are not responsible for your luggage. I called air Transat and there was no one again to help on call. I felt helpless no one was even ready to listen. And after i was literally crying aloud then when one of person got up and took my boarding pass picture and went to check and he found my bag.
RouteToronto to Momtreal
Date FlownMay 2022

"I would not hesitate to recommend Air Transat"

Not Verified | On May 17th my wife and I flew from Rome to Toronto on flight 309. My wife had been injured in a fall the previous day and was experiencing acute pain due to three breaks in her upper right arm. When the Air Transat onboard staff realized her situation, they showed deep concern and compassion for her comfort and well being. During the 8+ hour flight at least one of the onboard staff would check on her on a regular basis. Kind gestures such as exhibited by the Air Transat staff were deeply appreciated. Because of the service we received I would not hesitate to recommend Air Transat at any time. Going forward, my wife and I will certainly enquire as to the availability of Air Transat when planning our next vacation.
RouteRome to Toronto

"Terrible airline experience"

Trip Verified | Terrible airline experience. Wife and I prepaid to select seats together as she has an anxiety disorder and is terrified of flying. They changed our seats for return flight without notifying us to separate ends of the plane with no notice, being quite rude, and no refund offered. Agent could not inform why this occurred or direct us where to ask for a refund. Have still not been contacted (I've contacted them without response) or offered refund for extra paid to select the seats. My wife had an anxiety attack on the return flight, again, no accommodation, refund, or even apology. Was told its not their problem by agent prior to flight. Also lost my luggage for the week of the vacation with no follow up or compensation. Horrendous customer service. Would never recommend.
RoutePunta Cana to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2022

"The stewardesses, went above and beyond to help us"

Trip Verified | I had 2 major surgeries in Puerto Vallarta and was in a lot of pain. We just needed to get home. The stewardesses, went above and beyond to help us, one let me get a personal water bottle and both of them kept checking on my husband and I. I was last to deboard and they both helped us. I can't say enough on how grateful we were that they took the time to care with do much sincerity.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Toronto
Date FlownApril 2022

"plane left over 50 minutes late"

Trip Verified | Very unhappy with Air Transat and their lack of professionalism, plane left over 50 minutes late due to waiting on one of the pilots arrival. We boarded 40 minutes late than sat on the tarmac waiting for another 45 minutes. Asked one of the Cabin attendants why the delay and he just shrugged his shoulders and brushed me off, no apology or reason. I understand that there are delays and issues from time to time but this is not acceptable.
RouteToronto to Montreal
Date FlownApril 2022

"an awful way to start off a 10-day vacation"

Not Verified | The airline attendants were the most ignorant, rude and unprofessional people I have ever met. I would not recommend flying what Air Transat. I'm hoping my flight home is much more enjoyable, an awful way to start off a 10-day vacation in Montego Bay. I had to actually walk away from one attendant because she was just so nasty to my girls.
RouteToronto to Montego Bay
Date FlownApril 2022

"Air Transat assistant never came back"

Not Verified | My wife requires a wheelchair and Air Transat was informed. To their credit, an Air Transat employee was on hand departing Toronto, arriving and departing Cancun. They were all excellent in assisting us. Then we arrived back in Toronto. A young man met us at the plane's doors. He had no idea what he was doing and only with my help did he negotiate the ramps. Then he wheeled us to an elevator down an empty corridor. Unfortunately I had to use the washroom at that point and he left us us there saying he had to check n any other passengers who needed assistance. I used the facilities but security wouldn't allow me to return to my wife. 20 minutes later, an elevator arrived near where I was frantically trying to get some help. Another passenger was pushing my wife's wheelchair. The Air Transat assistant never came back. That SOB left a mobility needy senior alone in a corridor for nearly 20 minutes. Subsequently, I was unable to talk to an Air Transat agent on the phone. Talking to a real person is nearly impossible. Everything else about our flight to and from Canxun was fine but what a way to finish off the first vacation we've had in 45 years.
RouteToronto to Cancun

"Unacceptable"

Not Verified | Lisbon to Toronto. Air Transat didn't even offer a coffee or tea on a transatlantic flight! Unbelievable. We didn't even have the right to drink a glass of wine or beer. Unacceptable! When you call Air Transat there is the same recording for 1 year or more than the waiting time will be more than 1 hour. Unacceptable! How many employees do they have? They always give you that same chewy disgusting pizza before landing. We are not animals. What's wrong with Air Transat? It used to be synonymous with a good time. Now it has become a real nightmare It will be my last choice from now on.
RouteLisbon to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"just want to warn anyone traveling with this company to think twice"

Trip Verified | Where do I even start.... what a horrible airline. I will 100% not be flying with this company anymore. We were flying with about 40 guests for our destination wedding when 2 days before our departure flight my grandmother had a heart attack and 3 of our family members had to stay back to ensure my grandmother was okay in the hospital. Trying to change/cancel/get a credit for these flights home was horrible. No one would take our call and when asked said we did not cancel in their 24 hour policy, yet we sent numerous emails and calls at the 48 hour mark of our departure. No one was willing to call back or email. Our family members are still in Costa Rica uncertain when they will be arriving home. All Air Transat needed to do was to change their flight or provide a credit. However instead of applying these changes they were rude, unprofessional. During a hard and very uncertain time it would of been nice to have an airline that wanted to make your arrival home easy. It’s just funny since one of the family members who had to cancel their flight was traveling with Air Canada and they ended up getting a credit for their return flight home. I just want to warn anyone traveling with this company to think twice!
RouteCosta Rica to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Such an awful airline with 0 customer service!"

Trip Verified | Such an awful airline with 0 customer service! How can they change the time of our flight so significantly twice and fail to tell us the second time around? Is an email to notify your customers too much of a task for you? Absolute joke!
RouteLondon Gatwick to Toronto