Air Europa

"Very bad customer service"

(Italy)

Not Verified | I have never been able to travel with Air Europa. I had purchased the Milan-Panama ticket in February 2020, the flight was scheduled for the dates 31 March-12 April 2020. Due to Covid19 the flight was obviously cancelled. I was first informed that the ticket was non-refundable, but I could get the voucher valid for one year. As I could not use the voucher for the year (as flights were continuously cancelled), I was informed that I could get a refund for the ticket. I have not received a reply by email since April 2021, not even by certified mail. When I call, I am told that I am still in a long queue, to send an e-mail, to which I obviously do not receive a reply. Very bad customer service.
RouteMilan to Panama via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2022

"flights arrived ahead of schedule"

Trip Verified | Had 4 flights in total with Air Europa Munich -> Madrid -> Marrakech and back. All flights arrived ahead of schedule, carry on luggage rules were far better and some other airlines, one regular carry on 10KG plus a little bag it was the first time for me with this airline, before COVID I used to fly a lot for work and leisure with quite a couple of airlines and was positively surprised by this airline. For me its ok to get no drinks for free on the plane, its most important that the flights are on time and this was always the case. Seats were also comfortable, you even could lean backwards a bit, which is not possible anymore in some other low cost carriers.
AircraftBoeing 737 / Embraer 195
RouteMarrakech to Munich via Madrid
Date FlownMay 2022

"2 years for your refund"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | London to Havana via Madrid. I have just finished talking to yet another operator and she tells me that unfortunately, she can only check that the file has been sent correctly. Poor thing, I would also be sorry to blame the operators who are not to blame for this situation. I have been waiting for 2 years for your refund on a ticket of nearly 600 GBP. My ticket was for March 2020. Following various complaints due to the pandemic, I was given a voucher that I could reuse for another hypothetical flight. One year later, it was still impossible to travel and think of making another ticket, so following the various complaints, I was able to speak with an operator with whom I would have started a refund procedure (March 2021). I also received an email confirmation for my refund, the operator had announced that it would take 5 months to receive the refund and I accepted the continuation I started to contact Air Europa without ever having an answer or an update nothing at all. It's been 2 years now and I still don't know what happened to my money. I also tried to use the voucher out of desperation but it wasn't even valid anymore. I don't know what to do, this situation has become ridiculous and also very annoying | Buonasera, Questo è l’ennesimo sollecito e messaggio che invio in cerca di una risposta. Ho appena terminato di parlare con l’ennesimo operatore, (Roberta 24186) e mi dice che purtroppo lei non può fare altro che verificare che la pratica sia stata inviata correttamente. Poveretta mi dispiacerebbe anche prendermela con gli operatori che non hanno colpe di questa situazione . Sono 2 anni che aspetto un vostro rimborso per un biglietto di quasi 600 GBP. Ho il mio biglietto era per marzo 2020. In seguito ai vari reclami a causa della situazione pandemica mi è stato fatto un voucher da poter riutilizzare per un altro ipotetico volo. A distanza di un anno era ancora impossibile viaggiare e pensare di fare un altro biglietto, cosi che in seguito ai vari reclami sono riuscito a parlare con un operatore con il quale avrei avviato una pratica di rimborso (marzo 2021), ho anche ricevuto una mail di conferma per il mio rimborso, l’operatore mi aveva preannunciato che ci sarebbero voluti 5 mesi per ricevere il rimborso e ho accettato il seguito ho iniziato a contattare air aurora senza mai avere una risposta un aggiornamento niente di niente. Ora sono passati 2 anni e ancora non ho notizia di che fine hanno fatto i miei soldi. Ho provato anche a utilizzare il voucher per disperazione ma non era neanche più valido. Non so cosa fare, questa situazione è diventata ridicola e anche molto fastidiosa
RouteLondon to Havana via Madrid

"Comfy lie flat seats"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Excellent in all respects. The food is brilliant, best ever had on an airline. Comfy lie flat seats, friendly and attentive cabin crew.
RouteMadrid to Miami
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Best food ever had on an airline"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Overnight flight Miami to Madrid on Air Europa's new business class. Excellent in all respects. Ignore old reviews. Their business class is now one of the best amongst European carriers and strong competition with worldwide carriers. Far better than Iberia or BA. Best food ever had on an airline, comfy and roomy lie flat seats (I'm 6 ft tall), lovely and efficient cabin crew throughout the whole flight.
RouteMiami to Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2022

"I was the only unfortunate that could not get the menu that I wanted"

Trip Verified | The business class on the travel day was not even half full and the flight attendant took my menu choice. An hour after take out when the food was ready she came to inform that I was the only unfortunate that could not get the menu that I wanted. This is unprofessional toward someone who spent a good amount of money for a ticket.
RouteZurich to Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2022

"very bad experience with Air Europa"

(Venezuela)

Trip Verified | It was a very bad experience with Air Europa. They cancel the flight UX072 from Caracas to Madrid without any notice and I had to wait in a hotel for 4 nights and book another flight with another airline because Air Europa customer service didn't confirm an alternative flight and they didn't confirm the refund yet. Calling their call center was a nightmare every time I had to stay on the line for almost 30 minutes to speak with an agent without any solution.
RouteCaracas to Beirut via Madrid
Date FlownMarch 2022

"they didn't accept the proof of vaccine"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | They didn't let me board because they didn't accept the proof of vaccine on paper instead of the NHS. I was promised by three staff members that they were gonna take my bag out since it was a connecting flight, yet they didn't, and sent it to London. There was no apology or anything like that, , they sent me to their main office, which sent me to a different office, which sent me to baggage claims. Had to book another flight and an hotel for the night, the whole thing costed me almost £500. If you can avoid them at all costs.
RouteMexico City to Gatwick via Madrid
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"the service was very poor"

Not Verified | I flew in December to London to Bogota in business class. The staff was amazing and food and all the others service was excellent but I return on Friday arriving yesterday afternoon to London in economy class and the service was very poor. We were offered just one meal in the night of the departure and for the rest of the trip we had to paid the other meal. As I know the other airlines are offering two meals when the journey is long, making us to pay the other meal and we have to pay for the headphones while other airlines offer this service free.
RouteBogota to London via Madrid
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"didn't refund money, but provided voucher"

Trip Verified | We booked ticket from JFK to Madrid but flight was canceled due to covid but they didn't refund money, but provided voucher. Due to travel restrictions we could not travel and anytime we try to book the price is almost twice than I am getting in other better airline so ultimately I am going to lose the money.
RouteNew York to Madrid