Air Europa

"the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline ever. Could not check in online, called a dozen times and the call would drop, and when I arrive at the airport, the crib service is not available because of that. I had to fly 10 hours with my baby on top of me. They should close.
RouteMadrid to Miami
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Air Europa is not as bad as people suggest"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Air Europa is not as bad as people suggest. With budget airlines I am a great believer that one should start at 10 and take of points for what you don't like rather than with "posh" airlines the opposite. Bought my one way ticket for around £150 worth of airmiles so cheap as chips and consequently in fairness I should rate this airline with consideration to the fare paid. I've read reviews about Air Europa and feel like I must be flying a different airline. Check in was efficient and both members of staff were very helpful. I got given an exit seat at no charge (I am skyteam elite plus this probably helped). Air Europa use the cibelles lounge in T2, I had a very nice lunch in a relaxing setting before my flight. Boarding straightforward, plane new and clean. Flight left on time, we are scheduled to arrive on time. Meal was basic but tasted good. Reasonable selection of drinks, I am not an expert on wine, I guess it was cheap but was fine, the little dessert was delicious. Staff are friendly on this flight. Seat was old fashioned but consequently more comfortable than others I have sat on recently. Entertainment also not the best but some good films on a nice screen. So starting at 10 where do I dock points? I don't like they charge for ear phones but the next cheapest flight was a 100 quid more so money in the bank to pay 3 euro for earphones. There simply is nothing wrong with this flight so I am going to give it a ten.
RouteMadrid to New York
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Would not recommend the airline"

Trip Verified | The flight itself was okay regarding plane and onboard entertainment, as well as punctuality. However, leg room is very little and the on board service is an very disappointing for an 11hr flight. Everything extra except for one meal (no choice) and water. Flight attendants also are not necessarily very nice. Ground service is the worst I have seen. You are randomly assigned a seat even if you fly as a couple that booked together. There is no way to change this. Online check-in in advance was not possible. Would not recommend the airline again. Their advantage however is clearly the price.
RouteMadrid to Cancun
Date FlownNovember 2021

"very bad customer service"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Terrible, very bad customer service. Extremely unfriendly staff, unclean aircraft, horrendous food. Nor worth the money, simply do not travel with this airline. I don't know how can they still be in the market, have the impression even Ryanair is better and friendlier. This is the type of airline who make you feel so unwelcome and uncomfortable that just by flying with them your holiday is ruined.
RouteCancun to Madrid via Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2021

"asked for the taxes to be refunded

Trip Verified | I could not take my flight and asked for the taxes to be refunded. One told me this is non refundable, another one tells me their commission is higher than the taxes so no refund, and another one tells me if they ask for a refund, the airport will probably reject it. Seriously, at what point did I ask you your opinion!? Never again!
RouteZurich to Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2021

"don't book, it is not worth the money!"

Not Verified | Boek nooit meer met deze maatschappij, bedroevend kleine zitplaats,eten weinig en slecht, broodje bevroren en keihard, weinig drinken, of je moet betalen, heb zowel in juli als recent 9 november dezelfde ervaring! Veel mensen klaagden en terecht! Advies: niet boeken is het geld niet waard! Never book with this company again, pitifully small seat, food little and bad, sandwich frozen and rock hard, little drink, or you have to pay, have the same experience both in July and recently 9 November! Many people complained and rightly so! Advice: don't book, it is not worth the money!
RouteAmsterdam to Santo Domingo via Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2021

"I had the worst experience"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Unfortunately, last night I had the worst experience. I was waiting in a massive (more than long five flights had one queue for air Europa) queue for more than three hours. Eventually, I realized that it’s less than 30min left until take off. I went to ask what is going on, and the lady sitting by the desk told me that the gates are already closed. Nobody informed us that the queue is not just for the flight Lima, nobody informed that the gates are closing and nobody asked if there are people waiting to go to Lima. So obviously that made me very upset, because I lost not just this flight, but my next flight and all my tickets back from Peru. Plus, the front desk lady was extremely rude. Did not make any effort to help me out, offer me a solution. I am very disappointed and never flying with this airline again.
RouteMadrid to Lima
Date FlownNovember 2021

"not worth the anger and frustration"

Trip Verified | Please never book a flight with this airline. I got stuck in Madrid with a group of 15 people that had all been overbooked. We were promised monetary compensation which I never received after months of dealing with customer support who simply sends out pre-written automatic emails. The few bucks saved are not worth the anger and frustration having to deal with their unprofessional service. I never write reviews, but after this experience I hope I can help somebody else not make my mistake again.
RouteMadrid to Paris Orly
Date FlownAugust 2021

"We will never fly with Air Europa again"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | The worst flights we have ever had! There was nothing to eat or drink, the flight was dense and uncomfortable. We will never fly with Air Europa again. Oh! And I forgot the 3 hours line we waited in.
RouteTel Aviv to Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2021

"annoying, inefficient, customer-unfriendly"

Not Verified | I went to Ibiza for a long weekend. My luggage did not arrive, at all. Communication about the status of lost luggage is poor. Service desk can hardly be reached, refuse to speak English, though I mentioned in the dial-menu that I was English speaking. My luggage never arrived, so my weekend was rather ruined. I filed a complaint with all my damages, notes, etc. Despite many calls, emails. even 4 months later I have not been reimburse whatsoever. Very annoying, inefficient, customer-unfriendly to their bones.
RouteMadrid to Ibiza