Air Europa

"experience at the front desk was very unpleasant"

Trip Verified | My experience at the front desk was very unpleasant. On our ticket it indicated Madrid T1 but the airport screens indicated T2. So we went to T2 where they told us that we had to board through T1. We went to T1 and there was no staff at the indicated number. So we went back to T2 indicating to the priority person that there were no personnel in the indicated place and once again the screen indicated that our check-in area was terminal 1. The priority person only went to check the airport screen when we took out the platinum for life card. What a shame really. Our first and only flight on Air Europa. Mi experiencia en el front desk fue muy desagradable. En nuestro ticket indicaba T1 pero las pantallas del aeropuerto indicaban T2. Asi que nos dirigimos al T2 donde nos indicaron que teniamos que abordar por el T1. Fuimos al T1 y no habia personal en la numero indicado. Asi que volvimos al T2 indicandole a la persona de priority que no habia personal en el lugar indicado y yna vez mas que la pantalla indicaba que nuestra area de cheking in era terminal 1. La persona de priority solamente fue a revisar la pantalla del aeropuerto cuando sacamos la tarjeta platinum for life. Que verguenza realmente. Nuestro primer y unico vuelo en Air Europa.
RouteMadrid to Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2021

"One of the worst experiences ever"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | One of the worst experiences ever. Hardly anything included, had to buy even earphones and in March 2020 all flights cancelled for about 6 months so I paid nearly £2,000 to get back home with another airline. For another 12 months I couldn’t ask for a refund and now need to wait 6 months for the refund to be processed.
RouteMadrid to Panama City
Date FlownNovember 2020

"No Customer Care whatsoever"

(Austria)

Not Verified | No Customer Care whatsoever, I booked a flight for my girlfriend, son and myself. Later on I realized that I would need to change the dates of my flight. I tried to call the airline to get a rate for changing my flight which turned out to be impossible. Calling the customer care number of Air Europa resulted in 5 calls of about 40 minutes waiting of which only one call got answered eventually. I was asked all the necessary details explaining my situation. Instead of helping me with changing my flight I was only transferred to another department and my call got hung up. I suspect on purpose. Calling again did not succeed, nobody answered the phone again. Also calling the airlines gate directly at the airport did not succeed, I was not attended. In the end I lost my flight receiving no compensation and had to buy a new flight for my new travel dates all due to the complete lack of customer care without any possibility to speak to a representative of Air Europe about my request. This is completely unprofessional and led to a very unprofessional experience.
RoutePalma to Minorca
Date FlownOctober 2021

"have waited more than 3 hours on hold"

Trip Verified | I haven't actually taken a flight with Air Europa because covid travel restrictions smashed my European travel plans. That being said I'm sitting on two round trip business class tickets that I need to cancel or get some type of future credit, but after trying 6 separate times to contact a customer service representative (phone, email, you name it) I am giving up. I have waited more than 3 hours on hold and have yet to have anyone answer. The support line says '24 hours' but on off hours you will just get a recording 'due to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot answer your call right now. Please try again in a few minutes'.
RouteMedellin to Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"absolutely no response"

Not Verified | I booked flights from Valencia to Palma but my computer auto filled the 2nd passenger name. Realised within a few hours and have spent the last week and a half trying to get this changed. Started out very promisingly response to tweet was DM us the correct name. But despite numerous DMs and tweets absolutely no response. To re-rebook the flight now is 50% more.
RouteValencia to Palma

"Very disappointed!"

Trip Verified | I booked business because I wanted to use the priority boarding and also keep away from other people due to Covid. At Gatwick airport to get on the aircraft, there was no separate queue for priority boarding so we had to queue with everyone else not following the distance rule and some without masks. The business isn't worth the money you pay since you are treated the same as those in the economy. Very disappointed!
RouteLondon to Madrid

"Terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience with this airline! Just arrived in São Paulo from Madrid and it was so far the worst transatlantic flight experience that I ever had! My flight was number UX57, arrived on 12/08/21 around 04:40 in the morning) and all the flight attendants were very rude all the time, having many arguments with several passengers. They served only one option of dinner (in a 10 hours flight) and when they were asked about other options of drinks apart from water they said that they don’t provide for covid reasons. So I asked for a second bottle of water and I was told that I could get more at the back of the plane (so I should cross the whole plane for more water despite we shouldn’t walk in the plane or use toilets that are not next to our seat for covid safety reasons). When I finally managed to go to the back, they gave me a small glass of warm water and that was all we could get. Many seats were empty and despite the fact I was seating in the middle of two other passengers that I was not travelling with, I couldn’t move seats because is a rule in the company to not move seats.
RouteMadrid to São Paulo
Date FlownAugust 2021

"poor and rude customer service"

Not Verified | Everything has gone wrong with this airline: from a 1 week delayed baggage, to poor and rude customer service. Even the website doesn't work properly and when it continued to tell me that it could not find my reservation number I was forced to once again call the treacherous service desk. Treacherous is the right word, as they can hang up on you at any point in the 45 minute queue to speak to an agent. Even once you do get to an agent they have hung up on me multiple times once putting me back on hold. In conclusion everything about Air Europa is horrible. Honestly shocked that so many people are still choosing to fly with them. I know I will never fly with them again and would strongly advise you to do the same.
RouteAmsterdam to Medellin

"lack of professionalism"

Trip Verified | After being used to the overall good service and friendly attitude of the flight crew of Air Europa, it was very disappointing to see the decay in both. During the eight hours flight that departed Miami at 11:30pm, we were served only one meal, it was poor quality and only one choice, no drinks except water was offered during dinner. Snacks and breakfast were excluded “to prevent interaction between crew members and passengers due to COVID’. However, the “interaction” seemed unimportant for selling the same items such as sodas, sandwiches and wine during the flight. If costs need to be cut, be upfront with customer and do not insult customers intelligence by offering lame excuses. I understand new regulations must be enforced but flight attendant’s rudeness and lack of professionalism were highly unsuitable.
RouteMiami to Madrid
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Nobody can tell me where the luggage is"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Horrible lack of service. Flew with my special luggage, upon arrival my surf gear did not arrive. Upon requesting where my luggage was, the employee said it was not possible to contact anyone at the same company as this is not how they work. Nor could they verify where my luggage was. After filling in some paperwork they assured me all would be arranged and they would start looking for my luggage. I’ve been trying to contact Air Europa all weekend. Nobody can tell me where the luggage is, nor verify it’s even in their possession. 48 hours have passed and I still don’t know if i will get my stuff back.
RouteMadrid to Tenerife