Air Dolomiti

"$224 US dollars for two bags"

Not Verified | Venice to Munich. Air Dolomiti charged my wife and I $224 US dollars for two bags that weighed under 50lbs each. I paid $100 from Dulles to Munch eight days ago. I was way overcharged but had no choice because I needed my bags to be returned to me in the USA. There fees for bags were not posted anywhere.
RouteVenice to Munich
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Worst check in staff"

Trip Verified | Worst check in staff. Rude. There were no lines so it wasn’t because I was keeping people from checking in that the staff were so short. Tried to link two Star Alliance tickets. My Husband did the same route two days before, separate tickets. No problem. As I checked my bag in they said it might not make it. Doesn’t make one feel the airline has it together. Alarming, and, sorry to say, lazy. At least I am connecting with Singapore Air. Solitaire member (Gold on Star Alliance). This review is solely based on the check in service.
RouteVerona to Frankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the dirtiest plane"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Florence. The aircraft could be a newish plane but it was so dirty and very grubby inside. The dirtiest plane I have ever been on. I don’t know who cleans them or the last time it was done. It’s a shame as that is the only problem I found with Air Dolomiti.
AircraftE195
RouteFrankfurt to Florence
Date FlownJuly 2018

"really impressed with the service"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | Munich to Sofia. I'm really impressed with the service. Cabin crew - friendly and responsive. The aircraft (Embraer 190) was clean and with good legroom. Food and beverages were of a higher quality then those of Lufhansa (although it is a subsidiary). Would definitely recommend this airline.
AircraftEmbraer 190
RouteMunich to Sofia
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"best domestic airline in Europe"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Gothenburg to Munich. My flight was a Lufthansa flight operated by Air Dolomiti. I would say that Air Dolomiti makes a better job than the elder brother. The ground crew was helpful. Our flight delayed 35 minutes because of the weather conditions and we were informed by the cabin crew or by the pilot every 5 mins. They served a hand sanitizer napkin before the meal (I only experienced this on intercontinental flights) and the complementary meal service was the best I have ever got on a short haul flight (a tasty sandwich with chocolate cookies, coffee and orange juice and wine). As final before the landing we got a jelly candy. The seat comfort and the cabin temperature were great, the cleanless is very satisfying. The cabin crew was kind and helpful, they got to know my next gate number because of my connection and the delay before the landing and they showed me the gate on a map. The flight was smooth in spite of the horrible weather conditions. Nice job Air Dolomiti! The best domestic airline in Europe!
AircraftEmbraer ERJ-195
RouteGothenburg to Munich
Date FlownJune 2017

"very unimpressed with Air Dolomiti"

Verified Review | I am very unimpressed with Air Dolomiti. We were schedule to depart at 8.55 am but did not leave the air field until 9.43 am and we had an international connecting flight to Munich to connect to Los Angeles. There was never an update over the intercom as to why it was late and the only apology was towards the end of the flight and still no reason was given. Thank goodness we made the connecting flight. Anyone who has ever been to Munich airport will agree that it is not the easiest to navigate through. I will never fly Lufthansa again!
RouteAmersterdam to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2017

"a highly recommended airline"

Verified Review | Florence to Munich. For a short flight of about an hour, the onboard service was excellent, the seats pleasant and staff exceptionally friendly. There were also several beverages offered and this was a very pleasant flight in a relatively new aircraft. Air Dolomiti is a highly recommended airline.
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteFlorence to Munich
Date FlownJune 2017

"good flight and on time"

Verified Review | Flew Air Dolomiti from Amsterdam to Munich. Good flight and on time. Crew looked tired and were not very friendly. Plane looked well maintained and clean. Seats very comfortable and good leg space. A small snack was served during the flight.
AircraftEmbraer ERJ-195
RouteAmsterdam to Munich
Date FlownApril 2017

"service indeed"

(Portugal)

After a fraught day missing a flight from Paris CDG and being rerouted to Genoa via Munich we boarded a well presented Air Dolomiti aircraft only to hear a message from the Captain that there would be a 20 minute delay waiting for passengers from Amsterdam. After they eventually arrived he again came on the intercom to say that he realized we had a cruise liner to meet and he would expedite the flight - and he did flying it like a light aircraft to reduce a 90 minute flight to a 48 minute flight - congratulations to him! The cabin crew were 3 smartly dressed young ladies and the purser was almost in tears when she was the one to tell us that our luggage was not onboard. The snack was, rather strangely, a cellophane wrapped apple but they insisted on us having a second Prosecco "to cheer us up". Then when we landed they came to assist us with our baggage claim - service indeed!
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteMUC to GOA
Date FlownDecember 2015

"best one I'd flown"

Operated on behalf of Lufthansa, this Munich to Geneva route seems to get passed around LH's subsidiaries (I've flown with Augsburg Airways, Lufthansa Cityline and the parent company) but this was the best one I'd flown. Friendly, quadrilingual Air Dolomiti crew (even Swiss crews usually only manage 2-3 languages), nice snack box with and good alcoholic and soft drinks. The interior was very clean, seemed pretty new and I quite like the colour scheme. The seat pitch gave me enough space to work on my laptop, which I don't take as a given any more. All on time - I hope I get them next time I do this route.
AircraftE195