Air Dolomiti

"smallest meal ever in business"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | The flight Munich to Brussels booked on Lufthansa was flown by Air Dolomiti . The boarding was extremely unpleasant - we had to go down I think on stairs around 45 steps and put put in a bus - the plane was very far from the terminal building - when the bus arrived at the plane another waiting time. When the plane was finally ready, the pilot did announce a small technical problem so back and repair took around 1 hour and a quarter - a very small drink was offered in a very small glass during waiting time despite FA were friendly the service in business was a disaster - I think the snack can compete for the smallest meal ever in business - 25g of cheese a small piece of pineapple and 2 grapes, no breads and a very minuscule glass of white wine no refill offered.
AircraftEmbraer
RouteMunich to Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2022

"lost baggage reports is disgraceful"

(Croatia)

Not Verified | Air Dolomiti's customer service and handling lost baggage reports is disgraceful and is a display of the ultimate incompetence of one airline to it's customers belongings. On a long business trip after a flight from Frankfurt to Verona the bag is missing for almost two weeks, Air Dolomiti is putting not even a minor effort to find it or at least reply all the emails. All you can get from Air Dolomiti, after following their lost and found procedures from their website and submitting all their claim forms, baggage content forms and costs reimbursement forms, is a generic email reply. Which gives you no updates, no reimbursement confirmation, no deadlines, no phone number to call. They just don't want to bother. Very frustrating for any traveller as their customers.
RouteFrankfurt to Verona
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Avoid especially if booking United Airlines and they code share"

Not Verified | Avoid especially if booking United Airlines and they code share. My UA app shows my bags being scanned at 11.35 am. My Air Dolomiti flight was delayed boarding so there was plenty of time to move mine and my girlfriends bag for our flight to Florence. They didn’t make it. There was another later flight that arrived about 7.30 pm. Then the next day as well. It is 7.10 pm (27 hours later) and still no bags. My hotel is 1 hr away. The paper the airport lost and found gave me only has an automated system that says “Your bags have been found”. Found where? The guy I spoke to twice today was nice and somewhat helpful and said my 2 bags were picked up by a courier mid morning. Why not at 8 am when the office opens? I ask because after calling United Airlines, they told me our bags came in on last nights flight.
RouteFrankfurt to Florence
Date FlownOctober 2022

"An enjoyable flight"

Trip Verified | The reviews prior to booking were a concern due to the reported delays/cancellations without notice, so I booked an early AM flight from Florence to connect with a midnight international flight from Frankfurt, to give time for things to go wrong. The end result was 12 hours in Frankfurt waiting for my connection as the Air Dolomiti flight departed and arrived within 10 minutes of the published schedule. Check-in staff were friendly and efficient and the cabin crew had a relaxed and efficient manner with the passengers. Meal, snacks, drinks were offered but declined for a short flight. An enjoyable flight with Air Dolomiti
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteFlorence to Frankfurt
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"It used to be a wonderful airline"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | It used to be a wonderful airline and a true Italian alternative to what the market had to offer. It still has its charm, but clearly Lufthansa as owner has downgraded whatever they could. Now they have the non-existent Lufthansa service, far from anything of a five or four star airline. Purchased this flight as LH ticket and though I was happy to fly Air Dolomiti because of their new planes and always kind crew, I am sorry to see how things are going terribly down: delay, no communication, pathetic little biscuit (which clearly is an embarrassment also to the crew) and a mini bottle of water. Very good is one can access an entertainment system through wifi onboard, not a usual feature on an European regional airline.
RouteFlorence to Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"experience has been horrible"

Not Verified | Our entire Air Dolomiti experience has been horrible since the moment we showed up to the Florence airport. During check in, we were told that we may not get on the flight. They reserve 15 people from every flight out of Florence that may or may not make it on. Our group of 15 was forced to wait by the check in counter (couldn’t go through security) for hours. The flight kept getting pushed back and back while the front desk agent basically just ignored us. Seemed annoyed when we asked for more info about whether we would make it or not. Finally after 3+ hours of waiting, my boyfriend and I were allowed on the flight (not every passenger was. People who weren’t were crying because in the time they made us wait, they missed out on all of their other options to make it to Munich that day). We check our bags, wait another half hour or so for a bus to take us to our plane where those people who boarded had been waiting for who knows how long. Then finally, when we land, we wait at the carousel for our luggage (which would be a carry on with any American airline). We wait for over an hour in Munich for bags going back and fourth to the Lufthansa help deal to try to get any info at all because Air Dolomiti will not speak with customers. After being told 3 times or so that our bags had made it and we were just waiting, we were finally told that our bags never left Florence. We filed a report with Lufthansa. And it has been two days now and I have yet to hear a word from Lufthansa or Air Dolomiti about our bags. And it wasn’t just two peoples bags. It was 15+. Everyone without a connection did not have their bags. They have no method of tracking bags, no reasonable access to customer service representatives. And from what I can tell, their employees care SO LITTLE, I wouldn’t be shocked if we never see our bags again. We leave Munich in a few days so fingers crossed that will not be the case. But I’m not holding my breath. Air Dolomiti could offer me a completely free flight and I still would not take it. They are that bad and disorganized as soon as the slightest issue arises.
RouteFlorence to Munich
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Terrible mismanagement and incompetence"

Not Verified | Terrible airline. Terrible experience. Pilot showed up late past the time for boarding start time. Then they have no one to load luggage so we sat on the tarmac in a full plane for an hour. This airline ruined our plans with others, ruined our next connection and destroyed a day of vacation. Terrible mismanagement and incompetence. I’ll never fly with them again.
RouteMunich to Florence
Date FlownJune 2022

"The crew was very professional"

Trip Verified | LH2371 from ZRH to MUC operated by Air Dolomiti. The flight had a delay of 80 minutes, which led to some passengers missing their connections in Munich. The crew was very helpful however, providing the passengers with up-to-date information about connecting flights. The flight itself was very uneventful. The crew was very professional, and passengers were given complimentary water bottles. Because the flight was full, economy passengers with multiple pieces of hand luggage had to check their additional items.
AircraftE195
RouteZurich to Munich
Date FlownMay 2022

"could not care less about customers"

Trip Verified | They simply could not care less about customers. 4 people who had checked in early were denied seats because airline switched to a smaller aircraft. 4 suitcases lost and not delivered for 5 days. Zero chance to contact anybody and no communication at all from the airline. On return check in one counter for 150+ passengers. Upon asking why there are no more counters open it was suggested "if you want to you can complain". Return trip - luggage lost again. 80 mile delivery takes 3 days +
AircraftEmbraer 195
RouteFlorenze to Fankfurt
Date FlownOctober 2021

"a great experience"

Trip Verified | Munich to Amsterdam. A shorthaul flight which is not much different than a regular Lufthansa flight. Level of cabin service is about the same but certainly good enough. Flight attendants were friendly and attentive. They've an inflight wifi system which offers games, newspapers etc. All in all, a great experience.
AircraftEmbraer 190