Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

YYZ-YQR-YEG on 1 Jan. An unusual routing but the non-stop YYZ-YEG flights were hundreds more. Got on our E190 took off and they could not retract the slats so we landed after about a half hour flying around over TO. Plane declared unserviceable so they found another which would be ready in a couple of hours which would mean I missed my connection. 34 people headed to Edmonton and Calgary were thrown at Regina with no advance warning to speak of I was first in line at the desk in YQR and got out the next morning on the 0900 flight to YEG but many others were delayed until late that evening because what few flights there were out of Regina west were booked solid for the holiday.

Air Canada customer review

YYZ-SRQ AC1880 Jan 15 2014. Positive: Flight attendants wore neat looking fedoras for boarding. Negative: Everything else. FAs had no idea passengers had to pay for checked luggage were surprised when overhead racks were full when only a third of the passengers boarded. The rest of us were delayed boarding for twenty minutes. I checked in flight movies before trip but couldn't watch anything on my android device and there were no iPads to rent. Food was cold worse than typical.

Air Canada customer review

17-19 Jan 2014. I was shocked to step onto my flight going to Orlando from Toronto. No more TV ok I can deal with that but the seating was greatly reduced! There was no leg room and I'm not even tall. I feel sorry for anybody taller than 5'7!

Air Canada customer review

I flew from YYZ-YFC on January 9 two days after the shutdown due to weather at YYZ. The check-in was very busy however there were staff on hand to help out. The plan pushed back on time however a teenager felt sick as we were taxiing to the runway and did not quite make it to the washroom on time. We needed to go back to the terminal to get the cabin cleaned. The delay was about 1.5 hours however I have to commend the flight crew on handling the situation with tact and compassion. I hope if I ever fall ill on a plane I get treated the same way. During the delay the flight crew gave out water and gave constant updates and communication. They performed very well considering the circumstances.

Air Canada customer review

Flew from London Heathrow to Toronto via Montreal - our entertainment system did not work. When I asked a flight attendant for help they replied sharply "We are a travel company not an entertainment company". So I asked another flight attendant who was equally as rude. We were offered a flight with a time of only 50 minutes to connect to our next leg. This is undoable anyway we thought surely? But when our flight arrived 45 minutes late it caused all sorts of stressful complications. On return back to London from Toronto our flight was initially delayed by 4 hours but only pushing in half hour increments. So very frustrating. Short-staffed and totally unhelpful the staff were cleared stressed and it showed. We finally made it onto the plane on which we sat for 3 hours before being told to get off and come back 14 hours later as there was a problem with the plane (they had put water into a freezing cold plane which froze in the pipes expanded and burst). No hotels or food available. Shocking service. I understand that the weather was bad but all these problems could have been simply avoided.

(Finland)

In Dec-Jan 2014 I flew 4 legs on Air Canada Munich-Toronto-Miami and Miami-Montreal-Frankfurt each of them delayed with a total of 35 hours. All delays were controllable apparently being caused by shortage of staff in airport operations. Being stuck in Montreal airport for 24 hours I got a Holiday Inn voucher but the meal vouchers did not actually cover meals unlike with other airlines' passengers staying at the hotel. Had to stand three hours in a line of five people to get the hotel voucher at the Air Canada counter at the Pierre Trudeau. For a lunch voucher I got a small cup of Pepsi from a tap and water no food. The way the airline struggled with computer maintenance (delay of 4+ hrs from Montreal to Frankfurt) was frightening in terms of flight security. No compensations no apologies but major loss of time and money. Had to buy new tickets for the last leg home.

Air Canada customer review

YEG-YYX (2) YYZ-LHR FRA-YYZ YYZ-YEG (3) YYC-YYZYOW-YYZ. (all Y class) These were my travels for 2013 with Air Canada. Overall I enjoyed the level of service they offered. Only few flights delay by 30 mins maximum. Air Canada food service buy on board or complementary on international needs a major revamp as the quality seems to be going lower. Flight attended were decent but did not amaze me in any sector however the ground staff were more friendlier.

Air Canada customer review

Toronto - Buenos Aires packed Boeing 777-300 seat 4A. The intercontinental Maple Leaf lounge was very comfortable quiet with an adequate selection of snacks and refreshments. Boarding in Toronto was simply chaos a mob of people pressing toward the jetway. Premium boarding lane was worthless and the 7 visible staff did not appear to have the situation under control at any point. Flight crew in Executive First cabin was inconsistent. Service Director was a gem very gracious. But the rest of the front cabin crew didn't seem to want to be there. Eye contact & smiles were absent and the environment lacked any genuine sense of welcome. We took off after midnight and I opted for the express meal which was adequate but not great. The lie-flat seat with duvet and pillow is very comfortable for a good night's sleep. Unless you plan to crane your neck in strange ways don't plan to be able to see out the window. Why were the pods designed to face the aisle? Plenty of overhead space but minimal storage space around your actual seat. There was a fair amount of trash (newspapers plastic wrappers boarding cards) from the previous flight around my seat and in the overhead bin. The bathrooms were in poor condition. AVOD choices were plentiful and the system was easy to use. In the hopes that this was simply an "off night" for AC I'd take this flight again.

Air Canada customer review

My first time flying Air Canada in a while YVR to LHR and back. First of all my ticket price was the cheapest out of other possible competitors. The seats had comfortable leg room and I didn't feel cramped. The flight attendants were very friendly and helpful. Also the food wasn't bad. I was pretty happy to have got ice cream for the first time on a flight. Drinks were served 3 or 4 times throughout the flight as well. The entertainment was great and had a lot of choices of movies and popular TV shows. The aircraft was clean and left the airport on time.

Air Canada customer review

Santiago - Toronto. There was a problem with my ticket but the airport ticket office agent was sincere and thorough dissolving the stress and resolving the issue with a smile. Air Canada uses American Airlines' Admiral's Club in Santiago which is very pleasant but quite full at night. The gate was crowded and announcements were difficult to hear but boarding was orderly and efficient. The cabin crew was outstanding on this packed overnight flight. And this makes all the difference. Welcoming friendly sincere. We pushed back within 15 minutes of departure time. I opted for the full dinner. While the food itself was average the service was very attentive (this crew hustled!) and the wine selections were surprisingly good. The IFE system had a wide range of choices and was fairly intuitive to use. The bathrooms appeared worn but were clean. The lie flat seat (3D) is very comfortable. Breakfast was a disappointing rubbery omelette but I appreciated being able to sleep until shortly before landing. The breakfast buffet in the Maple Leaf Lounge was very pleasant the receptionists were gracious and there was no wait for a shower room to freshen up before my connecting flight. Bottom line: a very pleasant cabin environment warm crew and comfortable night's sleep.