Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

My first time flying Air Canada in a while YVR to LHR and back. First of all my ticket price was the cheapest out of other possible competitors. The seats had comfortable leg room and I didn't feel cramped. The flight attendants were very friendly and helpful. Also the food wasn't bad. I was pretty happy to have got ice cream for the first time on a flight. Drinks were served 3 or 4 times throughout the flight as well. The entertainment was great and had a lot of choices of movies and popular TV shows. The aircraft was clean and left the airport on time.

Air Canada customer review

YVR to YCG (Vancouver/Castlegar) return at Christmas/New Year on DeHavilland Dash 8. Both our flights to and back were cancelled twice not because of Air Canada but due to snow and fog in Castlegar. As a result we missed Christmas there as originally planned. Both flights were surprisingly pleasant with lots of legroom on the plane and fantastic on board service. In fact the service on board this little plane was more attentive than my executive first class flying YVR/HKG return three months ago.

Air Canada customer review

AC846 on Dec 13th. Toronto to Munich in Economy Class. Worst experience in international travel since at least 5 years. Very rude ground service at Toronto. Similar but not as bad in flight. Food very poor. Only highlight: inflight entertainment system is quite good in economy.

Air Canada customer review

Positives: plane was clean and I arrived safely. Negatives: I have never encountered such rude flight attendants. The food served was inedible. For breakfast we thought we would order the pancakes as it would seem that this would be impossible to mess up. These were inedible. When I checked into our return flight to Sydney I requested an extra bag and provided all my credit card details at the time. Despite this we were charged for an extra bag at the airport. In essence these flights both to and from Sydney to Vancouver were the worst customer service experiences I have received flying anywhere in the world.

(Belgium)

BRU-YVR via YUL on 767 and A320 both ways. Service attentive but not overbearing. The seats were comfortable and the food was good but nothing to rave about. Flight 2 hours delayed leaving BRU due to heavy thunder and lighting and I missed my connection in YUL before even leaving BRU. I mentioned this to the FA and when I went to recheck my bag in YUL after customs my boarding pass for the next flight to YVR was waiting for me. On the return YUL-BRU leg the service was a bit rushed and it seemed like the FAs just wanted to get it over with and hang out in the galley. I also noticed a certain haughtiness among Air Canada's FAs on international routes. They're the top of the heap seniority-wise in the company and they know it.

Air Canada customer review

I just returned from a a month long trip throughout east Asia with the major part of trip - across Canada to Vancouver and then across the Pacific with Air Canada. I have done this trip many times in the last few years but this year was particularly bad. I am a tall person and the tiny regional jet to Vancouver was bad enough with cramped seating and small overhead storage but the long haul across the Pacific was particularly uncomfortable. Clearly AC can order their planes with the seating configs they prefer so with 40-50 seat rows they can easily squeeze in another row in by trimming off a 1/2" from each row making leg room just that little bit less. Heading out from Vancouver the food was decent but the movie selection was pretty poor. No major current releases and a lot of older stuff. As a result of travelling extensively in the Asia region I must have been on 6 or 7 airlines and when it came time to head home to Canada I had plenty to compare Air Canada to. When it comes to national carriers like Egyptair (Jakarta to Bangkok) or Thai Air (Bangkok to Shanghai) Air Canada doesn't even come close. On the return flight to Canada the plane was an older B767 with the same cramped seating as before. When I checked out the movies they were the same ones that were listed over a month earlier. This time the food was really bad. I usually eat what the airlines provide given it was such a long trip but this time I had to push it away unfinished. Somewhere during the night they passed out some tasteless sandwich rolled up in a plastic wrapper. It is shameful for Canada's national carrier not to have the best on such a crucial route for international business. I expect to be making this trip again and I will make every effort to make my connections with another carrier.

Air Canada customer review

Arrived at Toronto and was told onward flight to Sudbury was ok so proceeded to hand in baggage for connection. Later we found that the flight was in fact cancelled and they then refused to give our bags bag. We were told by Air Canada to go to Section N. There were people here who had been in the queue for 4 hours not having an idea what they were queuing for and later finding out it was in fact for hotels not flights. After calling redial for 2 hours we gave up got a hotel ourselves and proceeded without our bags. When I rang air Canada they told me to go back to the airport if I needed them urgently. Our return flight from Sudbury was also cancelled and flight to London delayed heavily both without any notice or customer communication from Air Canada. We had also been told that if we required a special meal there was only one meal available on the first flight. I rang once being on hold for an hour the second for two hours and both without response. When I got to Pearson airport I immediately asked if something could be done about it the Air Canada person told me it's too late it has to be 24 hours before. When I told her I had been on hold for the amount she said there was nothing she could do about it. There was not even an incline of understanding from her or an eagerness to help me in any way whatsoever. Will never travel with them again!

Air Canada customer review

YYZ-FRA and CDG-YYZ on the way back. Both flights were flawless superb entertainment choices (IMO the best I've seen so far). On the way out a new 777 was quite nice and comfortable. On the way back to Toronto the older 767 did the job quite well - a great flight nice and funny crew. Check in was fast for both flights. If you have any food allergies/preferences let them know in advance. The lactose-free meals that I received were pretty decent.

Air Canada customer review

Flight from Vancouver to Brisbane. We paid extra for exit seats to get extra legroom. At Vancouver airport we were given our boarding passes and found we were sitting nowhere near our paid seats and not even sitting together. We complained at the counter and a very rude woman behind the counter said that that was tough luck. Lots of other passengers were complaining about the same thing. I kept complaining long enough so we eventually got the seats we paid extra for. The food on the flight was just horrible and nobody could guess what it was it was just stodge. FA's were rude and unhelpful. The plane was old the seats uncomfortable for a 15 hour flight. It was however cheap. Next time I'll pay the extra to fly with a decent airline.

Air Canada customer review

Winnipeg to Vancouver to Shanghai return trip. Flew this trip numerous times before. Nothing too special until on AC026 from PVG to YVR. The crew did their best to make you feel at home. A couple of shortcomings to mention: 1) AC025 on Dec. 20 the second meal was not fully hot. 2) AC026 on Dec. 31 flight data were not available on personal screen. But all these can be forgiven because the crews were the best I have ever seen in business class.