Aeroflot Russian Airlines

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

LHR-Moscow. On arrival asked if possible to have an exit row seat. Was advised of a €45 charge which was then waived which was a nice start. Aircraft then boarded one hour late and one hour taxi/waiting to take off which made it 2 hrs delayed. Cabin crew efficient but poor command of English. Good leg room/comfort with food as expected on an Economy ticket although alcohol has to be paid for.

(Japan)

Istanbul-Moscow-Tokyo (Narita) Economy. Was not expecting much when I purchased the cheapest one way ticket I could find. Check-in at Istanbul despite having a 20 mins wait was friendly and easy. Flight to Moscow delayed 30 mins but the cabin interior was clean and brand new if a bit spartan (no inflight entertainment). Still the seats were comfy and the flight attendants courteous. Moscow-Tokyo leg was great. The seats were comfortable flight attendants friendly and everything went smoothly. My only real complaint is that the choices on the inflight entertainment on this leg were slim but at least it was there.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

Heathrow to Shanghai via Moscow. London-Moscow flight was pleasant on a modern plane with plenty of leg room and as a short haul flight works well. However from landing in Moscow to reaching Shanghai was awful. Transit through Moscow is embarrassing - one desk with rude and unpleasant staff. I advise you to run off your plane if you have a quick connection because I have no doubt that they don't co-ordinate transit passengers and the plane would leave without you no effort made to fast-track those with short connections. One desk one security machine. The plane from Moscow to Shanghai was late and outdated with less legroom than the short haul flight from London no entertainment and food that was awful. Unfriendly cabin crew. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Yes it is cheap but there is a reason why it is cheap.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

Delhi-Barcelona. I could not check-in online so called up the airlines to find my flight was re-scheduled. My connecting flight had been rescheduled so that my transit took 24 hrs and they wouldn't provide any sort of accommodation. Moscow airport contains narrow corridors with duty free shops food must be paid with Russian money. There was free Internet but only in a few places with low wifi signal. Plane food was bland and mediocre. Average service.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

Moscow-Delhi Economy. Cabin almost full helpful and smiling stewardesses despite demanding passengers regarding their choice of meals. Missed a glass of wine but no alcohol on this segment.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

Paris CDG to Beijing Capital via Moscow Shemereteyevo. All flights were on time with good service on board. Inflight entertainment includes several films in French and meals were good. We flew A319 320 and 330 all in good condition.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

Hong-Kong-Moscow and Moscow-Shanghai. I have to say out of all international airlines I've flown Aeroflot is the most out of date with their entertainment technology. The seats while old were leather and soft and I slept for the first time on a flight. Hong-Kong to Moscow was 1.5 hrs late due to winter storms. Trip to Shanghai was on time and the plane almost empty so every passenger could occupy an entire row. The food was average and the staff do not smile but that's just the culture. I would fly with them again one of the better airlines in the cheaper price bracket.

(Spain)

Aeroflot are not a bad airline though I do feel that for the most part it's fleet and it's service offerings are several years behind those of the competition. I flew Barcelona - Moscow and was swayed by the price. The first leg was in a fairly new airbus A319 with comfortable seats and a clean interior. The only thing of note was the general demeanour of the crew who did nothing to make me feel welcome and were almost hostile in their dealing with the passengers. The pre-flight safety demonstration was multi-language and clear and I found most of the crew spoke English with no problem. In flight refreshments offered were a variety of fruit juices only. Alcoholic drinks are not available though after almost pleading I did get a diet coke. The meal was among the worst I have tasted in my many years of flying. The second leg Moscow-Shanghai was a real eye opener. The Aeroflot website shows that this flight is operated using one of its newer A330 aircraft with in seat entertainment but checking the entertainment listings I found that they been updated for 4 months. Not important of course but an indication of the haphazard approach to service. When I actually boarded I found that the flight is actually operated by (and has always been) by one of the airlines older Boeing 767 aircraft. Aeroflot Boeing 767's are much older than the rest of their fleet and come with little in the way of comfort or amenities. None of our seats or others around us would recline more than 2 or 3 cms. Walking up and down it was clear that no seats offered any noticeable ability to recline. They also had no adjustable headrests. All in all it was a very uncomfortable 11 hour flight. Added to the discomfort was the fact that there was no personal entertainment offered. The aircraft used the old system of large screens placed above the seats around every 10 rows. There were movies played - in Russian often with English subtitles however the quality of the screens and the placement made it an unpleasant experience. Once again the refreshments and food were very disappointing. The omelette breakfast was the only edible thing I had all other food was very poor. The staff on this second flight were more attentive than those previously. My return journey was merely a reverse of the outbound - equally as uncomfortable and equally poor food. The only significant difference was that I had coffee poured over me by one of the cabin crew who gave me a towel to dry my now soaking trousers but still failed to apologize or help in any other way and finally they lost my luggage and once located failed to get it to me for almost a week.

(Qatar)

I flew Moscow SVO to Helsinki with Aeroflot I'm very happy with the service very helpful staff. Spacious Economy Class and a very good value for more than an hour flight. No delays on time.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

Moscow-Volgograd round trip on new and clean 737 & Airbus 330 planes. Check-in and inflight service was excellent in spite of our very limited Russian skills. Good inflight meals at no charge. We had switched our overseas flight from Aeroflot to Delta because of poor Aeroflot reviews (should not have done that). The return Moscow-JFK Delta flight was 3 hrs late causing many on the plane to miss connections at JFK while two Aeroflot planes left on time and made their connections. SVO terminal was beautifully clean modern and bilingual with efficient service in stark contrast to the poor arrival image given by JFK.