Aeroflot Russian Airlines

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

Bangkok - Moscow - Simferopol. Flights departed and arrived on time. The crew was professional and reasonable friendly. The level of English was more than adequate. The hand held entertainment systems between Bangkok and Moscow were rather dated and substandard for a business class cabin. There was no entertainment on the shorter Moscow - Simferopol sector. From Bangkok to Moscow the cabin was almost full but service standards were maintained. Food was good. From Moscow to Simferopol the cabin the crew served a good meal on the short flight.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

PVG-SVO-AMS. Got the lowest price available by a long way so wasn't expecting too much. The flight from PVG-SVO was at 1.40am - the new planes apparently are on the earlier route so the plane was very spartan with shared TVs which showed one film throughout the whole journey. Staff were so serious that it was quite comical (does it hurt to smile?). SVO-AMS was again on a very basic plane this time with no TVs at all but at least the staff were nicer despite very poor English. Acceptable for a very cheap flight but I wouldn't choose them if there were other airlines at a similar price.

(Italy)

Milan Malpensa to Tokyo via Moscow - July 25 2012. Friendly staff on board less so on the ground. A330 new efficient with good entertainment on board.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

DEL-SVO SVO-KRR KRR-SVO and SVO-DEL. DEL-SVO was late by more than 6 hours and as per the airline rules we should have got a hotel stay. Instead we had to spend the whole 6.5 hours at the IGI T3. Supposed to board an A330-200 which was unfortunately unavailable so we boarded a A330-300 with wide and comfortable seats and on-board entertainment facility! An hour after take off came the drinks. Then the main- course followed by a delicious cake and a cup of tea or coffee. All flights were smooth and flight staff courteous. In all my experience was very good.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

AMS-SVO check in opens 2.5 hrs before long lines online check in was not possible. Flight boarded on time it was a A321 instead of the scheduled A320 due to high volume booking as elite plus we were lucky to be upgraded which was a very pleasant surprise. Welcome drink amenity set and a 2x2 configuration. After take off received a nice hot lunch and a drink but the remaining 2 hours no service quite odd. For business seats for European business good service should be better. DIGI player was good for a 3.5 hr flight.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

8 July flew SVO-DEL in economy class. Unfortunately A330 was unavailable for this trip (despite being advertised on the website) and instead we boarded a Soviet era IL96's. Flight left at least an hour late many of the seats failed to recline and there was no onboard entertainment system in economy. No apologies were offered for this bait-and-switch move by the airline. A glance at the business class section revealed two rows of slightly oversize seats separated by a curtain across the entire width of the cabin. If I were a business class passenger I would be furious . Other than that the flight was relatively smooth and uneventful. My advice would be to avoid this airline on flights over 3 hours and go with the competition instead.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

I flew May 3rd NYC-MOSCOW connection MOSCOW-KIEV $1500 2 adult tickets. The flight was great! On time and arrived early in Moscow on a nice Airbus A330. The plane was fairly new. The seats bathrooms and interior of the plane was excellent. The food on the transatlantic flight there and back were both great. Chicken or fish with veggies bread and chocolate. The only complaint I would make is they serve the drinks and wait too long to serve the food. They served the drinks 15 mins before the food was served so by the time I got my food I had no drink. The service was 7 of 10. The flight from Moscow to Kiev was excellent as well. 1hr and 15mins on time. Overall Aeroflot is a good airline I would fly with them again!

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

JFK to Moscow. Check-in went smoothly. From JFK-SVO the seats were as comfortable as could be. Flight attendants were friendly the food very good: served drinks dinner tea/coffee drinks breakfast tea/coffee. I felt comfortable asking for additional drinks. Inflight entertainment had a very good selection. Once I arrived in Moscow my bags needed to be collected and checked in again. When I came back to the airport 9 hours later I was surprised to find that check-in was easy with no long lines. Once onboard I was surprised to find the airplane in such good condition. There was no inflight entertainment on a 5.5 hour flight but the crew were friendly. The food was my only real disappointment. I'll definitely be flying Aeroflot in the future.

(Russian Federation)

Usually I'm flying Economy for business purposes and Business class for leisure. When flying Economy Aeroflot is very good for short haul flights to EU. When flying Business quality issues arise. Lounges sometimes are packed both in terminals D and F especially in the morning or late in the evening. Secondly onboard quality service is unsustainable: sometimes attendants are nice and helpful sometimes rude and evasive. Aeroflot always forgets about its Business class passengers and priority Boarding especially in terminal F for long haul flights. However the major problem is the home airport of Sheremetyevo. In most cases people are spending an awful long time just to leave the airport area. Queuing in a traffic jam next to the airport for an hour on Saturday night after a 2 week vacation and Business Class experience crosses everything out about the Aeroflot flight. So my recommendation to use Aeroflot would pretty much depend on the route time and class.

Aeroflot Russian Airlines customer review

London to Moscow then Moscow to Shanghai. Experienced a poor service throughout except for the food. At check-in I asked if I could request an aisle seat or one with extra legroom (I'm 6ft 7ins) I was told I had to pay 50 pounds if I wanted it. Of course this made the journey very uncomfortable straight away as on both flights I was sat in between passengers. Both aircraft's were very old especially for the long haul Moscow to Shanghai. Entertainment consisted of a projector and white screen at the front of the cabin - the worst entertainment I've ever endured on a 9 hour flight. Staff seemed slow and unresponsive at times however did serve regular drinks and the food was nice. In future I would rather pay a bit extra with other airlines. Overall a poor service.