Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"we missed the flight"

Trip Verified | I traveled from New York to Tel Aviv in June 2019. We flew via Moscow and after two hours waiting transfer we took off to Tel avid, food and service is poor but I got economy tickets so it’s ok so far. In Tel avid is when the nightmares started, they can’t find our suitcases no where. 2 days later an Angel found 2 of the 3 packs. Well the Hunting continues, 2 more they my wife had to get in the baggage section in airport to get my mothers suitcase, finally we closed that chapter. June 17th was the day to return home, I had to return my rental car and left my family in the check in waiting, after I came back to the terminal we had to wait a half hour in line just to the attendant tells we missed the flight, I was 45 minutes to the depart, so we beg to them to let us go, no way, they sent us to the ticketing window where not one help us, the answer was, buy new tickets. I tried to see if any one else can help but looks like this company doesn’t have customer service. We asked to talk to a supervisor but looks like they even don’t know that word or don’t care.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Moscow

"handled so poorly"

Trip Verified | New York to Tel Aviv via Moscow in June 2019. Worst experience I've had with an airline. My flight from JFK to SVO, was continually delayed by Aeroflot without explanation. Even though the boarding time was never changed, we boarded over an hour late, then were told to get off after 80 minutes sitting on the plane without any sort of communication from Aeroflot staff about what was happening. They eventually claimed that they were trying to solve "mechanical issues" with the plane while we continued to sit on the plane. As I later heard airport staff commenting on, I have no idea why they boarded all of the passengers when they had clearly not solved the issue to begin with. To make matters worse, despite the flight taking off from New York (with many American and English-speaking passengers on board), most of the announcements were only made in Russian. After we got off, we were told that we would need to wait for up to 3 more hours to be notified about the status of our flight. We waited for almost 2 more hours before they canceled the flight - but, in fact, they did not admit to canceling the flight - instead, they claimed to have "delayed" the flight for a full 24 hours! Many passengers, myself included, were upset and frustrated, but this was not the end of the complete botching of this flight by Aeroflot. They seemed to have no planned response to this scenario. They herded us all upstairs to claim our luggage, and then had us wait in obscenely long lines to check in with two Aeroflot staff members to claim an updated ticket for the 24-hour-delayed flight and/or a hotel voucher. After already being delayed for hours, we had to wait on these lines for at least an additional 1-2 hours. The worst part of this whole disaster was that Aeroflot claimed that they were not rebooking anyone's flight because the flight had not technically been canceled, it had been delayed (according to them). Most reasonable airlines release tickets once a flight has been canceled (as this one effectively had been, clearly) so that passengers can rebook on other flights, but Aeroflot was able to get around that by "delaying" the flight. The staff that were handing out the new tickets and hotel vouchers were quite rude and displayed no sympathy for customers who had been treated so poorly by the airline already (I understand they were dealing with many angry customers, but they still could have at least apologized on the behalf of the airline, which they did not). Sure enough, even though I had a program in Tel Aviv that required my presence before the "delayed" flight's arrival, Aeroflot would not rebook my flight. I was lucky enough to have a travel agent for this trip, and they were able to demand that Aeroflot rebook my flight to another airline after a lot of frustration on their part, requiring me to rush to another airport after a whole night of no sleep. The entire experience was handled so poorly and unprofessionally from beginning to end that I will never fly with Aeroflot again.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"my luggage did not arrive"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Guangzhou via Moscow. I would just like to say that the way this airline schedules this flight is a recipe for stress and disaster. A friend of mine flew the same route and had the same thing happen to her. She had given me a heads up that I would have to go from one end of the Moscow airport to the next end in order to attempt to make my flight. She also warned me that my luggage would probably not arrive. She knew this as she had taken the same route two weeks before I did. The flight from Madrid to Moscow flight 2501 arrives at 5:50 PM at terminal D. Then you have to get though security to get to terminal F in order to take flight 220 which leaves at 7:05 PM from gate 57 at terminal F, which is the second to the last gate. I literally ran from one terminal to the next and then asked the security attendant if she could take me to the front of the line in order to make my flight. If I had not ran and had not asked to be taken to the front of the line I would have missed my flight. Once I arrived in Guangzhou, I was told my luggage did not arrive and would be delivered the next day. So, why have a route so tight that will cause passenger's luggage to always arrive a day late? If the airline is going to keep this schedule, they need to at least warn passengers that their luggage will arrive late and warn them that if they want to make their connecting flight they need to RUN to make it on board. Why not make the layover time a bit longer and avoid so many problems?
RouteMadrid to Guangzhou via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2019

"compliment and thank Aeroflot"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Simferopol via Moscow. I would like to compliment and thank Aeroflot for their excellent services. Since I arrived with an international flight (SU2193 / SU2694) and continued my trip with a domestic one (SU1644 / SU1637) via Sheremetyevo Airport (and the new B terminal) I was quite worried about not receiving my luggage – which proved to be a needless worry. I also noticed stewards and stewardesses on the domestic planes had become more professional. The meals served were very welcome and tasty. (Aeroflot must be one of the few airline companies to date that still includes meals.)
RouteAmsterdam to Simferopol via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I strongly recommend Aeroflot"

Trip Verified | Aeroflot economy class Bangkok to Moscow July 18th 2019. As a Frequent Flyer (GoldMember) with Aeroflot for nearly 3 years, all I can say is that I'm very satisfied with them. Flight Attendants are genuinely welcoming and helpful, aircraft (usually Airbus) are recent, seats have a generous width & legroom (Frequent Flyers are entitled to a Space+ Seat with extra leg room, free of charge), food & wines onboard and in the business lounges are good and prices are overall competitive. You may sometimes have a flight delayed (snow at Moscow Airport in the winter, etc) - but I've experienced that Aeroflot will never let you down. They will provide drink, lunch, even hotel, and next available flight. A few months ago my flight from Bangkok to Paris was delayed, Aeroflot put me on the Thai Airways direct flight in the same day / evening and gave me a 4 star hotel + meals for the 8 hours waiting time. Moscow Airport is good, and has everything you need - restaurants, cafés, bars, hotels, wifi, vending machines. I had my luggage delayed - only once in 3 years - it was delivered to my door in Paris 48 hours later, free of charge to me. Overall a very good airline and I strongly recommend Aeroflot.
RouteBangkok to Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2019

"No response from Aeroflot customer service"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Berlin to Delhi via Moscow. Will never fly Aeroflot again once this trip is completed. Traveling with 3 kids, they bumped me off my business class confirmed flight, without my consent and without a forwarding confirmed flight. 4 hours waited at the international ticketing desk, in an area with no water/food, with 3 young kids, since according to Russian law to enter the terminal you need to clear immigration and security. Requested/demanded to meet supervisor, was told by staff that they were in another building! Finally get into the terminal and then spend next 10 hours at another information desk in the terminal. With 3 kids this was absolutely one of the worst travel experiences, especially since I paid for business class to have the comfort. They finally put us up in one of the worst hotel rooms imaginable (available only at 10pm), with no ability to upgrade (since we were not in the ‘Russian section’ of the hotel). We were finally able to get out of Moscow the following day, 24hrs later. No response from Aeroflot customer service. Don’t expect one. Don’t think they care either. Just a piece of advice: shell out the extra $200 and get another airline into Delhi. You might end up wasting that money at their airport/hotel etc.
RouteBerlin to Delhi via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"luggage did not arrive for three days"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Almaty to Copenhagen via Moscow. The plane(s) were fine, although there is no entertainment system, unless you download an app before you go, but I have never been able to get it to work because the language is always in Russian (there is a button for English, but it doesn't work), The food was awful, service was OK, but my luggage did not arrive for three days (and only just before I was leaving to fly to my next destination). I have flown Aeroflot 9 times between Almaty and Copenhagen via Moscow in the last 5 months and my luggage has arrived on the same flight I have arrived on less than 15% of the time. Furthermore, it often does not arrive for 48 hours, which is incredibly inconvenient. And on the Almaty end, I have to go to the airport myself (or get a courier) to pick it up. The service is simply atrocious.Moscow SVO airport is crowded and stressful to transit through with few good places to see for several hours. I have reached a point where I am going to try to avoid it if at all possible in the future.
AircraftA320/321
RouteAlmaty to Copenhagen via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"None of our 4 suitcases arrived"

Trip Verified | We were traveling from Amsterdam to Phuket with stopover in Moscow Sheremetyevo which is a total mess. None of our 4 suitcases arrived at the final destination. We were crowding with a large group of travelers at the baggage claim desk at Phuket airport who had the same problem with Aeroflot. The staff was continuously smiling but that does not help. Aeroflot claims that they have a lost luggage tracking system but it doesn’t work. Calling customer support is pointless. I called like 20 times and I was every time disconnected while waiting on the line. The staff in Phuket promised to deliver bags tomorrow to our hotel. If that happens I will amend this rating but that is how the situation looks for now. Having all 4 bags lost for every member of the family is the worst nightmare that can happen to you while on your holidays.
RouteAmsterdam to Phuket via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2019

"no idea where my luggage is"

Trip Verified | New York to Istanbul via Moscow. The flight boarded late because they were overbooked. The flight itself was fine. But once we landed in Istanbul we realized two of our luggages were missing. After running around trying to find where it was they told us the luggages were still is Moscow but would not tell us when or how we would get it back, they told us to wait and it would be on another flight down to Istanbul but not which flight it would be on. I called Aeroflot no answer (keeps saying they’re helping others and to call back later) I emailed and no answer. I filed a claim and no answer. At this point I have no idea where my luggage is or when I’m going to get it back.
RouteNew York to Istanbul via Moscow

"overall positive experience"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Belgrade to Delhi via Moscow. An overall positive experience. The first leg Belgrade-SVO had a 2 hours delay due to tech issues, and a replacement aircraft of the same type is sent. Delay on departure exactly 2 hours. We got a complimentary non-alcoholic refreshment on the airside at Belgrade. Seamless boarding. Served a tasty sandwich, a cookie, and an apple. My layover at Moscow was long, but the airport is full of amenities. Shortly prior boarding the flight to Delhi was switched from a jetway gate to a bus one, but the weather was not bad. Despite the A330-200 was full, the boarding speed was impressive. Most of travelers were Indians returning home, so it may have played a role, as I was among the very few required to show a visa to enter India. Plane is a bit old, but in good shape. Inflight entertainment is so slow and hard to navigate that is almost useless. Served a nice hot meal and later some Russian style pies. There were no delays on that flight.
AircraftA320 / A330-200