Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"I still don’t have my suitcase"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience. They managed to lose my bag and it’s been 4 days and I still don’t have my suitcase. I spent close to 3 hours waiting at the carousel then in line to the lost and found office (there were about 20 people from the same flight who didn’t get their bags), they gave me a piece of paper with the tracking number and their contact info. I tried to call the number many many times and nobody answers. I sent emails, no response. 4 days and I still don’t have my bag and have no information on where it might be or what to do next. If something goes wrong you won’t be able to get in touch with them.
RouteSamara to New York via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"they managed to lose my baggage"

Trip Verified | Perm to New York via Moscow. In 4 days they managed to lose my baggage on the way to and from my destination. Connecting time in Sheremetyevo 3 hours. The telephone they provide on their website and via general hotline for lost baggage in Sheremetyevo are never answered. You get an automatic answer that everyone is busy and you should call later. I tried approximately 50 times in different times never succeeded. E-mails are not being answered. At the moment something goes wrong, nobody cares.
RoutePerm to New York via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"Sheremetyevo airport poorly managed"

Trip Verified | Minsk to Amsterdam via Moscow. My luggage got delayed in Amsterdam. The handling agent (Menzies) had filled in a report, and they had no idea, what would be the compensation due, what could I claim etc. They only could suggest to check aeroflot.ru. No any comprehensible info on the www, so I called the client support for details, and they suggested to file a claim and see what happens, in 2 to 4 weeks, perhaps. I am really curious why Aeroflot needs the phone support at all. The flight itself was not too bad. Most problems came from the fact that Sheremetyevo airport is extremely poorly managed, so both during inbound and outbound flight we had spent a lot of time burning fuel in the air waiting for a vacant slot. Services and navigation in SVO are very inefficient as well, and a lot of artificial bottlenecks are created and carefully maintained (some were already when designing the buildings).
AircraftSSJ100 / A321
RouteMinsk to Amsterdam via Moscow
Date FlownMay 2019

"luggage was not transferred"

Trip Verified | I asked for water & was refused initially and given after 1 hr when all passengers were served. On landing, after waiting at belt for 45 mins for luggage, we got to know that luggage was not transferred from St. Petersburg flight to Moscow flight and it will take 2 days for luggage to reach us. We were given mobile no for queries and that number was kept switched off entire day.
RouteMoscow to Delhi
Date FlownMay 2019

"could not put through their cage"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Hanoi via Moscow. A ridiculous scene in Moscow with a group of staff trying to measure and weigh luggage of passengers. I am on business class and have only one backpack and a roller bag. Only bought two pieces of duty free so the roller bag was expanded and could not put through their cage. They refused my boarding and rudely responded to my request to speak to someone. I have flown them 6 times over the last 12 months and their cabin services are decent. Unfortunately their action today was so bad that I would avoid them from now on.
RouteLisbon to Hanoi via Moscow

"Good flight"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Los Angeles. Good flight. Left on time. Boarding was easily done and efficient. FA’s were very timely with drinks and meals. Meals were pretty basic with the required brown, hard bread but otherwise okay.
RouteMoscow to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2019

"moved me further up the plane"

Trip Verified | Shanghai to London via Moscow. The crew were about to bring out drinks when the turbulence stopped and were standing around for over an hour. I got up to speak to someone she advised that everything was ok there was just a lot of condensation from the air conditioning. I took my seat again and the captain told cabin crew to get in their seats due to turbulence. I found the lack of information from the captain ridiculous. Barely any announcements during the flight. Whereas some airlines even advise of the weather etc. I was sat between people who brought their own food and spat their food into their cups etc. When asked to move they weren’t 100% that I could as there was an entire row free near to the emergency exit however these were for premium members. They dealt with the matter quite well in that in an hour they moved me further up the plane as luckily one of the premium members had agreed to switch to the empty row for me
RouteShanghai to London via Moscow
Date FlownApril 2019

"am awaiting this refund"

Trip Verified | Aeroflot changed my schedule from a 2hr transfer to a 14hr transfer overnight in Moscow airport. They did not contact me to let me know about this change and it was only luck that I logged in to check my seat selection that i saw it. I called to cancel and refund, which took them 2 weeks to even initiate after I contacted them again to check the status and I am awaiting this refund. Poor communication and customer service.
RouteBangkok to Budapest via Moscow
Date FlownMay 2019

"you have to pay for luggage"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to St. Petersburg. After years of having an extremely lax baggage policy, where they didn’t charge anything to check in the first bag, let excess kilos float through without comment, and never paid any attention to cabin bags, Aeroflot has done a complete U-turn. Now you have to pay for luggage in the hold (£36 per item) and they are applying zero tolerance for a few grams over and weighing hand-baggage, applying limits to the letter. My excess on the same amount of luggage I’ve travelled with for years came to £129, almost doubling the price of my ticket. It was extracted by the service staff, at times barely suppressing smiles. The baggage policy – or lack of one - was among the very few positives. I’ll be thinking long and hard when booking a flight to Russia next time.
RouteGatwick to St. Petersburg
Date FlownMay 2019

"Aeroflot client support is useless and helpless"

Trip Verified | My first flight in the itinerary AMS-SVO was delayed by 1 h due a malfunctioning aircraft (as I was told), so I missed in SVO my connection to ULN and was re-routed via PEK with Aeroflot SVO-PEC and Air China PEK-ULN. The flight SVO-PEK was 1 h late in PEK as well, and I was put in Beijing in a hotel for 24 h to wait for the next Air China flight. My visit to ULN was planned as 2 days long, so I requested an Aeroflot agent to send me back to AMS, as my trip had lost its purpose. The Aeroflot Agent in Beijing spoke very poor English, and he ignored my request without a reason provided, but recommended to call to Moscow during office hours in Moscow (it was 3 am in Moscow at the time of this conversation) and discuss this with people from central office. As long as it would be too late then, and because in my experience Aeroflot client support is useless and helpless, I went to the hotel (the hotel was very poor and in a very strange location, btw). Re. inflight experience. All the Aeroflot long haul cabins I was in (A330 for AMS-SVO and B777 for SVO-PEK) were tired, did not look very clean and chairs were not the best. In contrast, both B737 for ULN-SVO and A321 for SVO-AMS were brand new and clean. Meals were very decent on AMS-SVO-AMS, decent on ULN-SVO and very unimpressive on SVO-PEK, especially a weird plastic-packed cooky before the landing that was (I suspect) designed as a breakfast. In-flight entertainment systems were broken or not very responsive both in A330 and B777. Flight attendants are trying their best to be nice, but did not act very professionally.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 777 / Boeing 737 / A321