Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"missed our connecting flight"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Ho Chi Minh City via Moscow. Our flight from Barcelona to Madrid left 30 minutes late, our layover was only 1 hour and 45 minutes so we were very worried. After landing we have to wait about 25 minutes to get off the plane, we missed our connecting flight. Ground staff and others on a different BCN to Moscow flight confirmed that over 5 hours is the normal flight time so the information they provide you is incorrect. We wait in line to get our flight changed to the following evening at 8 pm. Now it will not be direct, we must connect in Hanoi. We are told to come back at 10 pm for information about a hotel. 10 pm: long line to get hotel vouchers for about 50 people. 10:30 pm: Everyone has their hotel vouchers. We all stand around for 30 minutes and leave to go to the hotel. But there is only one lady checking passports so this takes 45 minutes. 12:15 We are on the bus. This ride is about 5 minutes but it takes almost 1 hour because the bus stops at a gate for about half and hour and after we arrive at the hotel we are not allowed to get off. 1am we arrive at the hotel and after being escorted to a desk there is one person checking people in, very slowly. 2am we are in our room. The hotel is okay but we are not allowed to leave our room, meals are delivered. The next day, we board the flight and have never seen such chaos. People are all trying to fit bags that won't fit. Overhead bins are shut that were empty. After a two hour delay, we finally take off. We can barely make our connecting flight.
RouteBarcelona to Ho Chi Minh City via Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"spend 14 hours in transit"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Tehran via Moscow. Because of delay in Vienna I lost my connection in Moscow and spend 14 hours in transit, then re-routed to fly to Istanbul and to Tehran after waiting couple of hours in Istanbul too. They gave me no accommodation and only 2 meals, however, after my complains. My English skills are not perfect but I think people who want to work in airports and airlines should be more proficient in this language. I will never recommend this airline.
RouteVienna to Tehran via Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Delayed flight by 19 hours"

Trip Verified | Colombo to London via Moscow. Worst airline I've travelled. Delayed flight by 19 hours as missed connecting flight. No hotel. No representative from the airline. All we were left with was running around with the poorly trained Moscow airport staff who most were hiding from customers as they did not know what to do.
RouteColombo to London via Moscow

"Seat was really good"

(China)

Trip Verified | Beijing to Barcelona via Moscow. Beijing to Moscow in Premium economy, and from Moscow to Barcelona in normal Economy. The second flight was ok and normal, but the first one are both good and bad. Good point: Seat was really good, very wide and comfortable. I can lay down in a much bigger angle than economy and there is a footrest come out from below the seat. Food was really proper food. I attached picture below, they are served in real plates, not in plastic or paper box, and real knife and folks, not plastic. There are 2 meals during flight Beijing to Moscow, both are very well cooked, one main course with salad, side dish and desert. As an Elite Plus member in Skyteam from another company (Not Aeroflot), I can also enjoy the lounge from Beijing and lounge from Moscow. I attached the photo of moscow lounge, very good food, not very crowded. Negative points: Food was good, but too much salt in the main course. But overall is ok. When I check in at Beijing airport, and showed to the desk my Elite Plus member card, to use the priority checkin desk, lounge voucher, and priority luggage delivery. The girl in the counter spent around 5 mins to call China Eastern to validate if my Elite Plus membership are real. On the phone, she said my account number and my name, and ask if the name matches and which level is this number, even I already showed to her my physical membership card and also the online checkin result already showed I am ElitePlus. I asked why and she told me because many people are using fake cards and account number from other people to get the privilege for free, they have to double check manually. I can't believe they have to check it in this way, wasting time for everybody. They should have an easy IT solution through Skyteam. Biggest issue: After landing in Moscow, while the aircraft is still running, people rushed from the behind and crowded the aisle. Nobody from cabin crew tried to stop them.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBeijing to Barcelona via Moscow
Date FlownDecember 2018

"luggage ended up in Cairo"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Hanoi via Moscow. One of our luggage ended up in Cairo. Had to wait 3 days to get it in Hanoi. Food terrible on flight to Hanoi. Food very good on Hanoi to Moscow leg. Missed our connecting flight to Stockholm on the way back because of some confusion, our fault. We were told we had to buy a new ticket. Had to pay €450 each on Finnair to get home a day later.
RouteStockholm to Hanoi via Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"We have to wait for 14 hours"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Miami to Athens via Moscow. The flight was delayed around 1 hour, we were making rounds for half an hour because of airport traffic. We landed 18.20 and the boarding for the transit flight was at 18.35. We got stuck in the security check. Only 2 lines for all these people. In these situations they should help us to pass faster. We arrived at the gate at 19.00 after running for 15 minutes between terminal d and f. The plane left with not notifying anyone. You should be ashamed doing this in such a day. It's new year's eve. They changed our tickets to Athens for tomorrow at 9. They gave us also a voucher of 1000 rub, (12 euros) for meal. Now we are waiting to a line of 30 people to ask about overnight accommodation. We have to wait for 14 hours until next flight. Thanks Aeroflot for spending new year's eve far from my family.
RouteMiami to Athens via Moscow
Date FlownDecember 2018

"transit in Moscow airport was chaotic"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | The transit in Moscow airport was chaotic. Massive non-organized queues of more than one hour the made at least 150+ people to miss their following flights. Another chaos at the Aeroflot counters where I had to elbow and push for two hours to get my boarding pass. Not enough staff for the amount of people stranded. The 3 poor girls behind the counter did what they could. Again, unorganized queues and lack of sensitiveness toward families, children, elderly people who could not struggle to be near the counter. We all had to spend the night in the terminal. Oh yeah, they lost my luggage which I got 5 days later after an unanswered email from the Aeroflot lost and found department.
RouteSaigon to Moscow via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2018

"surfboards cannot be found"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Colombo via Moscow. My daughter was scheduled to take off at 13:15 but due to a delay of more than three hours on the flight, it missed the flight connection and stayed overnight in Moscow. The problem is that her case with the two surfboards did not reach Moscow and cannot be found. Because of the language limitations of the workers in the field she could not understand the fate of her baggage. One representative told her that the sails would go directly to Colombo. Of course, the two surfboards did not reach Sri Lanka. Then they were told that in Moscow and again after a long clarification they were not found in Moscow either. In another email, I was told that they were in Barcelona and wanted to know where to send them. Happy I gave them the address of my home in Sri Lanka. Yesterday I received another email, claiming that despite the previous email, they were not even in Barcelona. We do not have a place where the surfboards, my daughter is a week on a surfing trip without surfboard.
RouteTel Aviv to Moscow

"Best airport worker"

(Lithuania)

Not Verified | Phuket to Moscow. Our travel agency messed up and misinformed about our flight time so we missed our flight. The airport worker in Phuket Airport (Russian) helped us organize alternative flight quickly. Without his help we would have waited for 2 days for another flight. He really helped us. Best airport worker.
RoutePhuket to Moscow
Date FlownDecember 2018

" huge queue but you are late"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow Sheremetyevo to Magnotogorsk. I came to register in in the Airport Sheremetyevo SVO on time. There was huge queue of people before the registration desks, and only three were operate. Airport stuff were delivering invalid persons to registrate them out of turn without stopping, and all queue did not move. There was a crowd of angry people which were late. All time the staff were leaving for a while to anywhere a lot of times to solve other issues instead of passengers registration. There were no guarding to remove the angry crowd which only disturb. After that I got to a registration desc, I heard only "I am sorry for the huge queue but you are late". Boarding to my flight was in progress, but they refused to take my luggage. And after that they delayed my flight even. I have a lot of time to get on the plane. There is no reasonable service on the registration and there is no reasonable service after this. Management of people is in zero level. There is no change a ticket to another day, there is no money refund. I wanted to buy new ticket, there was no a ticket to my town, but they did not even guess to offer ticket to another nearest town.
RouteMoscow to Magnotogorsk