Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"No response from Aeroflot customer service"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Berlin to Delhi via Moscow. Will never fly Aeroflot again once this trip is completed. Traveling with 3 kids, they bumped me off my business class confirmed flight, without my consent and without a forwarding confirmed flight. 4 hours waited at the international ticketing desk, in an area with no water/food, with 3 young kids, since according to Russian law to enter the terminal you need to clear immigration and security. Requested/demanded to meet supervisor, was told by staff that they were in another building! Finally get into the terminal and then spend next 10 hours at another information desk in the terminal. With 3 kids this was absolutely one of the worst travel experiences, especially since I paid for business class to have the comfort. They finally put us up in one of the worst hotel rooms imaginable (available only at 10pm), with no ability to upgrade (since we were not in the ‘Russian section’ of the hotel). We were finally able to get out of Moscow the following day, 24hrs later. No response from Aeroflot customer service. Don’t expect one. Don’t think they care either. Just a piece of advice: shell out the extra $200 and get another airline into Delhi. You might end up wasting that money at their airport/hotel etc.
RouteBerlin to Delhi via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"luggage did not arrive for three days"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Almaty to Copenhagen via Moscow. The plane(s) were fine, although there is no entertainment system, unless you download an app before you go, but I have never been able to get it to work because the language is always in Russian (there is a button for English, but it doesn't work), The food was awful, service was OK, but my luggage did not arrive for three days (and only just before I was leaving to fly to my next destination). I have flown Aeroflot 9 times between Almaty and Copenhagen via Moscow in the last 5 months and my luggage has arrived on the same flight I have arrived on less than 15% of the time. Furthermore, it often does not arrive for 48 hours, which is incredibly inconvenient. And on the Almaty end, I have to go to the airport myself (or get a courier) to pick it up. The service is simply atrocious.Moscow SVO airport is crowded and stressful to transit through with few good places to see for several hours. I have reached a point where I am going to try to avoid it if at all possible in the future.
AircraftA320/321
RouteAlmaty to Copenhagen via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"None of our 4 suitcases arrived"

Trip Verified | We were traveling from Amsterdam to Phuket with stopover in Moscow Sheremetyevo which is a total mess. None of our 4 suitcases arrived at the final destination. We were crowding with a large group of travelers at the baggage claim desk at Phuket airport who had the same problem with Aeroflot. The staff was continuously smiling but that does not help. Aeroflot claims that they have a lost luggage tracking system but it doesn’t work. Calling customer support is pointless. I called like 20 times and I was every time disconnected while waiting on the line. The staff in Phuket promised to deliver bags tomorrow to our hotel. If that happens I will amend this rating but that is how the situation looks for now. Having all 4 bags lost for every member of the family is the worst nightmare that can happen to you while on your holidays.
RouteAmsterdam to Phuket via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2019

"no idea where my luggage is"

Trip Verified | New York to Istanbul via Moscow. The flight boarded late because they were overbooked. The flight itself was fine. But once we landed in Istanbul we realized two of our luggages were missing. After running around trying to find where it was they told us the luggages were still is Moscow but would not tell us when or how we would get it back, they told us to wait and it would be on another flight down to Istanbul but not which flight it would be on. I called Aeroflot no answer (keeps saying they’re helping others and to call back later) I emailed and no answer. I filed a claim and no answer. At this point I have no idea where my luggage is or when I’m going to get it back.
RouteNew York to Istanbul via Moscow

"overall positive experience"

(Serbia)

Trip Verified | Belgrade to Delhi via Moscow. An overall positive experience. The first leg Belgrade-SVO had a 2 hours delay due to tech issues, and a replacement aircraft of the same type is sent. Delay on departure exactly 2 hours. We got a complimentary non-alcoholic refreshment on the airside at Belgrade. Seamless boarding. Served a tasty sandwich, a cookie, and an apple. My layover at Moscow was long, but the airport is full of amenities. Shortly prior boarding the flight to Delhi was switched from a jetway gate to a bus one, but the weather was not bad. Despite the A330-200 was full, the boarding speed was impressive. Most of travelers were Indians returning home, so it may have played a role, as I was among the very few required to show a visa to enter India. Plane is a bit old, but in good shape. Inflight entertainment is so slow and hard to navigate that is almost useless. Served a nice hot meal and later some Russian style pies. There were no delays on that flight.
AircraftA320 / A330-200
RouteBelgrade to Delhi via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"beyond bad customer service"

Trip Verified | Last week my wife and son flew Aeroflot with a 1hr 20 min connection through Moscow Sheremetyevo. The flight from Almaty touched down in Moscow on time, but passengers had to wait 20 minutes for the terminal bus to arrive. The stewardess assured my wife that if the connecting flight was missed, "they will give you seats on the next flight." The plane was served by only one bus, so everyone had to wait for all passengers on the plane to disembark before the bus ever left for the terminal. Transit passengers in Terminal D must pass through a security and passport control check before entering the terminal. By the time my wife and son cleared the security check, the boarding gate for their connecting flight to JFK had closed. Nevertheless, they made all haste to the departure gate, hoping they would be allowed to board, but they were too late. Aeroflot agents told my wife that the missed connection was her fault and she would have to pay full fare for the onward journey, more than $1,700. My wife had only a little over $900 on her card. I transfered the money to my wife's card so she could buy her and my son's ticket. This kind of mistreatment goes far beyond bad customer service.
RouteAlmaty to New York via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"said business class was full"

Trip Verified | Moscow to Los Angeles. The ticket staff in Moscow were rude. We upgraded our ticket from economy to business class the day before our flight. We were told to come back the next day to have our boarding passes printed out. This was after waiting in line for an hour - with 30 minutes of that being with the ticket counter representative ignoring us. Our flight was scheduled to board at 11:20 am the next day, so at 8am we went to customer service and asked about getting our boarding passes printed. Again, we were met with staff who cared more about ignoring is then helping us. They told us to go to the gate at 11am, which we did, and it was chaos. When staff finally helped us they said business class was full. When we upgraded we were told there were 6 seats, so we would have had seats if they just printed our boarding passes when we asked the first time.
RouteMoscow to Los Angeles
Date FlownJune 2019

"I still don’t have my suitcase"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience. They managed to lose my bag and it’s been 4 days and I still don’t have my suitcase. I spent close to 3 hours waiting at the carousel then in line to the lost and found office (there were about 20 people from the same flight who didn’t get their bags), they gave me a piece of paper with the tracking number and their contact info. I tried to call the number many many times and nobody answers. I sent emails, no response. 4 days and I still don’t have my bag and have no information on where it might be or what to do next. If something goes wrong you won’t be able to get in touch with them.
RouteSamara to New York via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"they managed to lose my baggage"

Trip Verified | Perm to New York via Moscow. In 4 days they managed to lose my baggage on the way to and from my destination. Connecting time in Sheremetyevo 3 hours. The telephone they provide on their website and via general hotline for lost baggage in Sheremetyevo are never answered. You get an automatic answer that everyone is busy and you should call later. I tried approximately 50 times in different times never succeeded. E-mails are not being answered. At the moment something goes wrong, nobody cares.
RoutePerm to New York via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"Sheremetyevo airport poorly managed"

Trip Verified | Minsk to Amsterdam via Moscow. My luggage got delayed in Amsterdam. The handling agent (Menzies) had filled in a report, and they had no idea, what would be the compensation due, what could I claim etc. They only could suggest to check aeroflot.ru. No any comprehensible info on the www, so I called the client support for details, and they suggested to file a claim and see what happens, in 2 to 4 weeks, perhaps. I am really curious why Aeroflot needs the phone support at all. The flight itself was not too bad. Most problems came from the fact that Sheremetyevo airport is extremely poorly managed, so both during inbound and outbound flight we had spent a lot of time burning fuel in the air waiting for a vacant slot. Services and navigation in SVO are very inefficient as well, and a lot of artificial bottlenecks are created and carefully maintained (some were already when designing the buildings).
AircraftSSJ100 / A321