Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"surprised with the quality"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Rome to Moscow. Super, flew business class, was really surprised with the quality of service. From moment got into the plane the level of professional service was great. I have flown the same leg on economy two years ago the level of service was the same.
RouteRome to Moscow
Date FlownNovember 2018

"It was a positive experience"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Prague to Ho Chi Minh via Moscow. Having seen negative reviews, we (two adults, three kids 3-10 yo) decided to leave a review here too because we found the airline was excellent in many aspects. Check-in: no hick-up. It was opened two hours before flight, maybe due to Prague's policy, not airline. We wish the airport/airlines may consider this as we found the immigration at Prague was excruciatingly slow, almost deliberately by the staff who manned the counter. We were asked numerous questions and he perused through each passport very slowly without apparent reason. We made it to the flight a few minutes after boarding time had closed despite being number four to check-in. A few travellers were also late behind us.Thankfully Aeroflot waited for us! Our baggage were checked in all the way to Ho Chi Minh where we collected each of them safely. Food: We requested Muslim food. As the PRG-MOW was below 3 hours, special meal request could not be entertained (Aeroflot's policy). This is an aspect which the airline could improve. We came well-prepared with outside food and were not told off by the steward/ess. Orange juice was particularly nice. From MOW to SGN, we were provided with Muslim meal in a very well-presented boxes. It came with halal certification information booklet by a Russian halal authorisation agency. This is much better than the handwritten or sticker of MOML as in other airlines. Aeroflot scores highly from us for ensuring total confidence over the food that they serve. In flight magazine: They certainly have listened to complaints and we are happy to report that they have an in-flight magazine in English, in addition to the thick Russian one. Good job Aeroflot! We now have Nov and Dec 2018 issues as part of our collection! In flight entertainment: Aeroflot may have the largest selection of movies to watch in addition to excellent games for kids. They also have good selection of local (Soviet and Russian) hits. Every passenger was supplied with earphones. The quality of the screen and audio was excellent. 5. For kids, they received two different sets of bag/toy/stationeries/games for the two legs of travel. Very nice bag that my youngest keeps wearing everyday even after a week off the plane! Very nice touch from the Aeroflot! 6. Cabin crew were polite and gentle enough throughout the flight, at check in counter and when speaking with the kids. Amenities on board were also good including blanket, socks, soft slippers and eyemask on the MOW-SGN. Overall cabin experience was great. The flight was warm, clean and spacious enough with reclining seats, and lift-able armrest, allowing my kids to sleep on my laps. Overall Moscow Sheremetyevo experience was excellent. Immigration was polite and quick. Airport facilities were great. There is even a family room at Terminal D which could be booked for free to up to 24hrs by a family that has at least one <7 yo. It has beds for small kids and sofas for older ones, a playing room, nappy changing room, basic kitchen (for warming baby foods and hot water) and private toilet. It is manned by a personnel who just need to be shown the passports and boarding passes. We used 12 flights for this particular trip, and Aeroflot scored highest. It was a positive experience for all of us. We were not expecting this as the price was unbelievably low for PRG-SGN (below MYR1000 per person). We have no hesitant to use and to recommend Aeroflot in the future. Well done!
RoutePrague to Ho Chi Minh via Moscow

"very pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Moscow. I was very pleasantly surprised with my latest experience with Aeroflot. The airport experience was like nothing I've experienced before (basically a dirty tin shed) but that's not Aeroflot's fault! Boarding took quite a while, but once we got underway the flight was enjoyable. The crew were pleasant and spoke basic English. The 2 meal services were efficient and the food wasn't bad at all. Only negative is that alcoholic drinks aren't served on domestic flights (even though it was 8.5hrs long). The IFE had a decent selection of Western films in English and the sound quality was very good, particularly compared to that on some of Aeroflot's other aircraft. Legroom was slightly more than average for economy and the seat wasn't uncomfortable. All in all, I found it very good value for a flight of this length, and got off without feeling cramped or overly tired which is a great bonus.
RoutePetropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Moscow
Date FlownOctober 2018

"definitely travel Aeroflot again"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Malaga to Bangkok via Moscow Sheremetyevo airport, we booked with Aeroflot because they were the best price. The planes were new and clean, the food was very good, the attendants spoke a little English and were excellent and the on board entertainment was great. On our outbound leg we had just a 60 minute connection time to get from Terminal 4 to Terminal 2, the ground staff were helpful and guided us promptly to our next flight. Would definitely travel with Aeroflot again.
RouteMalaga to Bangkok via Moscow
Date FlownDecember 2018

"missing our connecting flight"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Dublin via Moscow. We landed in Moscow at 8pm missing our connecting flight which was taking off at 7.40pm. When we got off the aircraft and were directed to an information desk, which was crowded with people. It was a two hour wait before we got speaking to someone at this desk to be advised that we had to go to another information desk as they couldn't solve our issue. Eventually after 6 hours we were issued with our new flight details and told we would be given accommodation as the next flight out was 7.40pm the following evening. We had to wait a further hour for a bus to cobring us to hotel Novotel. Arriving at the hotel we were escorted by security and had to wait another hour to be given key cards and directed to our rooms. As a smoker we came back out of our rooms to see where we could go and advised by security that we were not allowed leave, checking the main hall door finding it was locked and then to be advised to smoke in the bathroom of our rooms with no smoking signs everywhere! Fire safety practices reduced to zero at this hotel! Next morning we were escorted to a hall down stairs for breakfast and later, lunch. Breakfast was a slice of ham and cheese with stale bread, lunch was cold. The treatment we received was awful and disrespectful. Eventually arriving at our final destination to be advised one part of our luggage was still in Moscow.
RoutePhuket to Dublin via Moscow

"I tried to upgrade"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Tenerife. I've been a frequent flyer with Aeroflot for quite a while. While gold elite status should give real benefits, recently Aeroflot's frequent flyer program is not operational. The last flight was special. Because this was a new slot, the airplane was virtually empty. I tried to use my right to upgrade to Business Class using my miles but they said my tariff was a discounted one and I can not upgrade and fly in business class even if I pay the difference. It was different a few years back when Aeroflot did their best to upgrade even for free. I now consider this service unfriendly.
RouteMoscow to Tenerife

"Excellent service"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Flying Aeroflot SU2103 from Riga to Moscow Sheremetyevo. Excellent service right from the boarding in Riga to the disembarking in Moscow. Pleasant staff, great food (despite this is a relatively short flight), enough legroom and individual entertainment. Flight was on time. Very pleasant.
RouteRiga to Moscow
Date FlownNovember 2018

"charge me for overweight baggage"

Trip Verified | New York to Tel Aviv via Moscow. The ground staff were very rude. I had 1 suitcase to check and a carry on plus backpack. I arrived 2 hours before the flight and they try to charge me for overweight baggage. They even check the carry on weight so when I tried to balance it with the carry on or put the coat on me they yelled on me we close the check in. Even I had enough time so I checked the carry on for 100$.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Moscow
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I was extremely disappointed"

(China)

Not Verified | Guangzhou to Hamburg via Moscow. Flight from Guangzhou to Moscow was already delayed. When we arrived in Moscow it was a huge mess. We had to wait for five hours before they let us go to the hotel. Some passengers got food vouchers, some didn't. Even the information they did not provide properly. Basic things like what's next or where to meet, all not clearly explained. The information given was very limited. Staff attitude extremely bad and arrogant. It's already awful enough if you involuntarily have to spend a night extra because your flight is delayed. As for the hotel accommodation. It started with the check-in where tired passengers had to wait in the bus, while tiny batches of people were allowed to check in. Once we got off the bus we had, additionally to our already four hour wait at the airport, wait again for half an hour to get our room cards. Three hours before check-in I already knew that I'd be staying in Novotel, how come they were not prepared and just handed over the keys. What terrible logistics!! In the morning after shower I found there was no body lotion and toothbrush. In the bathroom it said: if you need anything just call 75. Which I did, only to receive a rude reminder that I'm not a 'real' guest and should get the items at the reception myself. Once I went to this reception, the chap didn't even understand what I wanted. So together we called 75 and now they delivered. To add insult to injury, the breakfast was worse than in any basic youth hostel. Only dry bread, jam and butter. And constantly watched by security. I was extremely disappointed. Based on this experience I'll never choose this terrible airline again.
RouteGuangzhou to Hamburg via Moscow
Date FlownNovember 2018

"pleasant crew, very nice food"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | We had a return flight from Moscow SVO to Guangzhou by Aeroflot, we had a business class tickets. It was very nice, pleasant crew, very nice food, some Russian and Chinese dishes like Borsch and Chinese set, also I ordered a big portion of ice cream. Aeroflot use 2 varieties of A330-300, one I flew in October 2017 was an old one, the seas have less legroom than new one, but not bad, they made in orange colors only and the recline is 160, it not full flat, but in the same time, it is one of the most coziest one. On the new cabins such as I flew are full-flat beds, they made of orange cloth with blue leather parts, because of it, it looks less cozy but it still very comfortable.Aeroflot has one of the best IFE, unfortunately it is little bit slow. Very nice amenity kits also provided onboard. I think Aeroflot is one of the best airlines.
AircraftA330-300