Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"Cabin crews pleasant and working hard"

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | Ljubljana to Moscow. Both flights on time. Cabin nice and fresh, seating much better than average in economy. To my surprise, Aeroflot introduced hot meals also for flights of less than 3 hours. Menu card for lunch with 2 options and in return for breakfast with 3, meals nice and tasty. Cabin crews pleasant and working hard. Overall, great flights. The only problem is that they do not send relevant information to passengers, e.g. 24 hours before departure the departure terminal in the mail from Aeroflot was F, which was wrong, the departure terminal was actually D, a very different one far away. Still, when it comes to economy product Aeroflot and Turkish stand out from the rest in Europe.
RouteLjubljana to Moscow
Date FlownMarch 2020

"cannot thank you enough"

Trip Verified | London to Dubai via Moscow. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the service provided from staff when buying our ticket at Heathrow Terminal 4. The service is second to none. When we got to Dubai was brilliant as per your advice, we are welcomed from the immigration and no trouble at all. We cannot thank you enough and staff at Heathrow are an assets to Aeroflot. Definitely will visit Moscow next time with your company!
RouteLondon to Dubai via Moscow
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"so unfriendly to me"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Phuket to Oslo via Moscow. The crew on board were so unfriendly to me, and the ground crew were worse. I have never had such a negative experience with any airline. They were not lifting a finger to help me, even when the flight was delayed and security process on transit was so slow that we missed our flight. They had no procedure of how to take care of passengers that missed their connection flight, and we were stuck at Moscow airport with two toddlers. My advise is simply to stay away.
RoutePhuket to Oslo via Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"gave me value for money"

Trip Verified | New York to Delhi via Moscow. The major reason behind traveling in Aeroflot is cheaper fare for the last minute booking. Although the service quality was not very good it gave me value for money. The check in process was smooth and departing terminal was quite empty. Check in agent was courteous. Cabin crews were helpful but language was the bar. The food quality was not so good. Particularly for the SVO-DEL flight. Not only the quality, but also quantity was very low. The inlfight entertainment was not good for non-Russian passengers. lthough they provides Wifi connectivity, but no free data. Also, data was costly. It would be good to have a small amount (may be 20 MB) of free data.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A330
RouteNew York to Delhi via Moscow
Date FlownNovember 2019

"laptop backpack was too bulky"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Hanoi via Moscow. The airline staff weighed my suitcase and backpack and threatened to not be allowed to board for the reason that my laptop backpack was too bulky and my hand suitcase was 1kg more than the allowance, they said that the flight was full. I told him I checked in from Amsterdam and all my hand luggage was fine, what can I do now, can I pay for this. He literally shouted "You have 3 minutes to throw away your stuff now or you stay in Moscow tonight!". I had to throw away some of my clothes, bag of cosmetics, book, notebook, bag of socks from my hand luggage and backpack. Then they finally let me pass, I went on to the plane and waited until everybody has boarded to see the whole plane was at least 20% empty seated? Their staff cannot treat its client this.
RouteAmsterdam to Hanoi via Moscow
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"bag being 3cm too large"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Moscow. Rude customer service to me, and for my bag being 3cm too large, they made me check my bag and pay 100€.
RouteAthens to Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Not a single goodwill action"

Trip Verified | Irkutsk to Moscow on SU1443. They re-scheduled a flight 3h30 later than it was supposed to be. Aeroflot tends to forget that people pay to get on a certain schedule, to arrive at a certain time. In my case, I had further connections to take and I reached the gate on time. Delays happen to every companies. However, Aeroflot did not offer to change the booking as such a delay may cause me to miss connections, and with an expiring visa, being trapped din Russia is the last thing I hope at the end of my holiday. No refreshments at the airport provided by Aeroflot, no information about the updated check-in time. Not a single goodwill action. I won't travel by Aeroflot anymore.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteIrkutsk to Moscow svo
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"I tried to change the meal"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Moscow. I ordered diabetic meal which was just not edible for me. when I tried to change the meal for the flight back they said its not possible because its 24 hours before the flight. I don't think 24 hours notification is unreasonable for changes about food.
RouteTel Aviv to Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"suitcase was also broken"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | London to Hong Kong via Moscow. Experience on board the plane was fine I was actually pleased with this. But upon arriving to my destination I was told 1 of my suitcases had not arrived and I will receive it the next day, then when my first case arrived one of the bottom wheels had been smashed off.! The next day when my other suitcase had arrived and been delivered to my home address this suitcase was also broken.
RouteLondon to Hong Kong via Moscow
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"smiling and attentive cabin crew"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Helsinki with Aeroflot. Relatively good flight: waiting for check-in took ~15min, then it was very fast. Flight on time, relatively comfortable seats, legroom decent, smiling and attentive cabin crew. Negative point: the snack served on board was a sandwich with beef, with no other alternatives - airlines should make an effort to at least offer two options (meat / non meat).
RouteMoscow to Helsinki