Aeroflot Russian Airlines

"another pleasant surprise"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Another Aeroflot flight, another pleasant surprise: the check in is done early (so no need to rush and departure is in time), the service was fine (some more smiling would be grand) and we get a very good snack for a 90 min flight (chocolate included!).
RouteMoscow to Kazan

"very good service"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Moscow. I was excited to try Aeroflot but had read some concerning reviews. This flight proved that Aeroflot offers very good service! We could choose from three options for breakfast and, trust me, it was delicious! The aircraft was just fine and the seats comfortable. The staff are nice but could chill and smile just a little more. Or maybe it is my approach to service. Also, if I check in online, having to wait on a long queue at the airport just to drop off doesn’t make much sense nowadays. The same goes for not having the boarding pass on the wallet but having to have it printed!
RouteLisbon to Moscow
Date FlownAugust 2019

"pay 550 Euro for a new flight"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Oslo to Bangkok via Moscow. Due to problems at the airport, we did not pass our flight on, and had to pay 550 Euro for a new flight that departed 24 hours after the original flight. We could not get out of the airport without paying 150 Euro for visas due Norwegian passports. A lot of other passengers had the same problem and there was a very long queue where you had to stand for about 90 - 120 minutes before getting help since they had only had two people for this. When you arrive at Moscow airport the staff are on their cell phones rather than coming up with menus when you sit down at the restaurants, they do not smile at all and show that they are not interested in providing good customer care. This is my first time in Russia, and I hope I don't have to come back any time soon. HR
RouteOslo to Bangkok via Moscow
Date FlownAugust 2019

"offer a real business class product"

Not Verified | Moscow to Athens. Aeroflot seems to be one of the very few remaining airlines to offer a real business class product with special seats in short haul flights. Service is refined (I was even offered a tablet with films downloaded ) and you really feel the difference compared to the usual slightly improved economy class product. All this at very competitive prices . Congratulations Aeroflot.
RouteMoscow to Athens
Date FlownAugust 2019

"excellent service and attention"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Long family flight with 9 month old baby. Great flight. Thank you very much for your excellent service and attention to infants! We flew with a baby from Madrid to Bangkok with a transfer in Moscow. At all stages the staff were friendly and very caring towards our kids. Docking time in Moscow was only 1 hr 20. In the transit zone we were actively driven up and let everyone forward among a huge crowd. Very carefully as all half asleep thought slowly. I want to note separately that the quality of food even in economy class is at a high level and not some kind of plastic like many airlines have. If coffee then only natural not instant and cheap Nescafe. Tasty tea. I often fly and I have something to compare. All kids are given packages with toys - this is very nice! When we flew from Moscow to Bangkok the stewardess herself offered to transfer to the free lane where there were no seats in front which turned out to be much more comfortable :) At all stages of the flight there were modern and comfortable aircraft. Clean and well maintained at a low cost. Aeroflot - you are just super!
RouteMadrid to Bangkok via Moscow

"we missed the flight"

Trip Verified | I traveled from New York to Tel Aviv in June 2019. We flew via Moscow and after two hours waiting transfer we took off to Tel avid, food and service is poor but I got economy tickets so it’s ok so far. In Tel avid is when the nightmares started, they can’t find our suitcases no where. 2 days later an Angel found 2 of the 3 packs. Well the Hunting continues, 2 more they my wife had to get in the baggage section in airport to get my mothers suitcase, finally we closed that chapter. June 17th was the day to return home, I had to return my rental car and left my family in the check in waiting, after I came back to the terminal we had to wait a half hour in line just to the attendant tells we missed the flight, I was 45 minutes to the depart, so we beg to them to let us go, no way, they sent us to the ticketing window where not one help us, the answer was, buy new tickets. I tried to see if any one else can help but looks like this company doesn’t have customer service. We asked to talk to a supervisor but looks like they even don’t know that word or don’t care.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"handled so poorly"

Trip Verified | New York to Tel Aviv via Moscow in June 2019. Worst experience I've had with an airline. My flight from JFK to SVO, was continually delayed by Aeroflot without explanation. Even though the boarding time was never changed, we boarded over an hour late, then were told to get off after 80 minutes sitting on the plane without any sort of communication from Aeroflot staff about what was happening. They eventually claimed that they were trying to solve "mechanical issues" with the plane while we continued to sit on the plane. As I later heard airport staff commenting on, I have no idea why they boarded all of the passengers when they had clearly not solved the issue to begin with. To make matters worse, despite the flight taking off from New York (with many American and English-speaking passengers on board), most of the announcements were only made in Russian. After we got off, we were told that we would need to wait for up to 3 more hours to be notified about the status of our flight. We waited for almost 2 more hours before they canceled the flight - but, in fact, they did not admit to canceling the flight - instead, they claimed to have "delayed" the flight for a full 24 hours! Many passengers, myself included, were upset and frustrated, but this was not the end of the complete botching of this flight by Aeroflot. They seemed to have no planned response to this scenario. They herded us all upstairs to claim our luggage, and then had us wait in obscenely long lines to check in with two Aeroflot staff members to claim an updated ticket for the 24-hour-delayed flight and/or a hotel voucher. After already being delayed for hours, we had to wait on these lines for at least an additional 1-2 hours. The worst part of this whole disaster was that Aeroflot claimed that they were not rebooking anyone's flight because the flight had not technically been canceled, it had been delayed (according to them). Most reasonable airlines release tickets once a flight has been canceled (as this one effectively had been, clearly) so that passengers can rebook on other flights, but Aeroflot was able to get around that by "delaying" the flight. The staff that were handing out the new tickets and hotel vouchers were quite rude and displayed no sympathy for customers who had been treated so poorly by the airline already (I understand they were dealing with many angry customers, but they still could have at least apologized on the behalf of the airline, which they did not). Sure enough, even though I had a program in Tel Aviv that required my presence before the "delayed" flight's arrival, Aeroflot would not rebook my flight. I was lucky enough to have a travel agent for this trip, and they were able to demand that Aeroflot rebook my flight to another airline after a lot of frustration on their part, requiring me to rush to another airport after a whole night of no sleep. The entire experience was handled so poorly and unprofessionally from beginning to end that I will never fly with Aeroflot again.
RouteNew York to Tel Aviv via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"my luggage did not arrive"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Guangzhou via Moscow. I would just like to say that the way this airline schedules this flight is a recipe for stress and disaster. A friend of mine flew the same route and had the same thing happen to her. She had given me a heads up that I would have to go from one end of the Moscow airport to the next end in order to attempt to make my flight. She also warned me that my luggage would probably not arrive. She knew this as she had taken the same route two weeks before I did. The flight from Madrid to Moscow flight 2501 arrives at 5:50 PM at terminal D. Then you have to get though security to get to terminal F in order to take flight 220 which leaves at 7:05 PM from gate 57 at terminal F, which is the second to the last gate. I literally ran from one terminal to the next and then asked the security attendant if she could take me to the front of the line in order to make my flight. If I had not ran and had not asked to be taken to the front of the line I would have missed my flight. Once I arrived in Guangzhou, I was told my luggage did not arrive and would be delivered the next day. So, why have a route so tight that will cause passenger's luggage to always arrive a day late? If the airline is going to keep this schedule, they need to at least warn passengers that their luggage will arrive late and warn them that if they want to make their connecting flight they need to RUN to make it on board. Why not make the layover time a bit longer and avoid so many problems?
RouteMadrid to Guangzhou via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2019

"compliment and thank Aeroflot"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Simferopol via Moscow. I would like to compliment and thank Aeroflot for their excellent services. Since I arrived with an international flight (SU2193 / SU2694) and continued my trip with a domestic one (SU1644 / SU1637) via Sheremetyevo Airport (and the new B terminal) I was quite worried about not receiving my luggage – which proved to be a needless worry. I also noticed stewards and stewardesses on the domestic planes had become more professional. The meals served were very welcome and tasty. (Aeroflot must be one of the few airline companies to date that still includes meals.)
RouteAmsterdam to Simferopol via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I strongly recommend Aeroflot"

Trip Verified | Aeroflot economy class Bangkok to Moscow July 18th 2019. As a Frequent Flyer (GoldMember) with Aeroflot for nearly 3 years, all I can say is that I'm very satisfied with them. Flight Attendants are genuinely welcoming and helpful, aircraft (usually Airbus) are recent, seats have a generous width & legroom (Frequent Flyers are entitled to a Space+ Seat with extra leg room, free of charge), food & wines onboard and in the business lounges are good and prices are overall competitive. You may sometimes have a flight delayed (snow at Moscow Airport in the winter, etc) - but I've experienced that Aeroflot will never let you down. They will provide drink, lunch, even hotel, and next available flight. A few months ago my flight from Bangkok to Paris was delayed, Aeroflot put me on the Thai Airways direct flight in the same day / evening and gave me a 4 star hotel + meals for the 8 hours waiting time. Moscow Airport is good, and has everything you need - restaurants, cafés, bars, hotels, wifi, vending machines. I had my luggage delayed - only once in 3 years - it was delivered to my door in Paris 48 hours later, free of charge to me. Overall a very good airline and I strongly recommend Aeroflot.
RouteBangkok to Moscow