Wizz Air

Review by (Slovakia) 28th June 2015

If you are going with them, you need to learn all their rules. Check in online, go without luggage (or a medium size backpack), don't order anything on the plane, etc. This way I got tickets for less than 50EUR to various destinations.
RouteBudapest to Barcelona

Review by (United States) 22nd June 2015

We went to Ciampino airport 3 hours early and tried to open the Wizz Air site online to print our boarding passes, but surprisingly the site did not allow us to do it. When we questioned the female staff, she answered in a very rude manner, we could not get the boarding passes 3 hours before the flight - so we needed to pay 35euros per person. Do yourself a favor do not travel with Wizz Air.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteRome to Bucharest

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th June 2015

I had never heard of Wizz Air before but as the flight timings worked out for us - we selected this airline. Beware, they will find every single little thing to charge you on if something isn't done properly! They closed online check in earlier than they should have - so we were charged £25 pp to have the tickets printed at the airport. For the return journey I made sure to check in the moment I arrived in Budapest to avoid this situation again. However on the return leg, as my mum's hand luggage bag was perfectly fine for the overhead compartment but too big to fit under the seat in front she was charged £40. Whilst some may say it's our fault we didn't check the requirements, we assumed as we weren't challenged about the bag going to Budapest, we wouldn't have any problems on the way back. Also - this is a Standard hand luggage bag which my mum uses around the world without any quibbles. The customer service of the Wizz Air staff was awful. Other passengers had issues with their luggage and tickets - all had reasonable excuses, yet there was no empathy from the staff at all. My 60 year old mum needed some assistance placing her bag in the locker. The flight attendant refused. I know things like this aren't compulsory but I can't help but think that when airline staff go above and beyond (or at least appear to!) - this will encourage people to fly again with them. You're better off paying slightly more for a major airline like BA - and having better customer service.
RouteLondon Luton to Budapest

Review by (United States) 16th June 2015

Very disappointing experience. The airline charged $20 to allow a small roll bag on board - but than you cannot take the usual personal item, i.e. backpack to be placed under the seat. And you have to arrange even that online, at check-in the price twice of that. After navigating through the airline's website I managed to pay for the carry-on bags. It did not occur to me that at that point I was not checked in! How can I pay for my carry on bag if I am not checked in for the flight? I certainly missed that option. It was a surprise when at the airport we were charged $50 per person for a boarding pass as I have apparently selected on-line check-in but did not complete the process. At boarding time we were directed to a hangar - a hot, airless building that looked appropriate to herd cattle. That is exactly how we felt we were treated by the airline.
RouteBudapest to Tel Aviv

Review by (Romania) 13th June 2015

Wizz Air is hands down the worst airline in all areas - customer service, in-flight experience, ground handling, ticketing and claims - it is the least family-friendly airline to travel with. Airline staff are inexperienced, and not interested in serving customers. The airline should be avoided at all costs on flights lasting longer than 1 hour - the seats are worse than those on a bus in Central America. Flights are frequently cancelled.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteBudapest to Dubai

Review by (United Kingdom) 31st May 2015

My wife travelling from the UK to Kiev and back again with no problems at all the flights were on time yes you have to print your boarding passes but thats not rocket science most airlines are the same. And yes the food and drinks are expensive so take your own. Will use this airline again its half the price of BA.

Review by (Hungary) 31st May 2015

BUD-Luton-BUD but other flights as well recently. Check-in was effective staff attentive and friendly I purchased extra legroom and there was enough space. I am based in Budapest and travel on business frequently. When flying within Europe I prefer to fly budget airlines - primarily Wizzair Ryanair to a lesser extent over legacy/full service carriers: 1) Wizzair flies early and late during the day allowing a full day of work at destination. Hate flying into destinations where budget airlines do not fly e.g. Zurich where the first flight from Budapest arrives after 11 am and the last one leaves at 5 pm. 2) Wizzair breaks down the difference between economy and business into specific services that you can purchase individually (priority boarding extra legroom lounge more luggage etc.). Thus you can travel effectively on business within Europe picking what you want for prices lower than economy ticket on legacy airlines. 3) They are cheap (for the most part). 4) They have some of latest bag drop-off times allowing one to start off for the airport later and time is money. Flying from smaller airports also means shorter check-in times (although sometimes offset by these airports being farther from cities). 5) Their policies actually make sense: I have no sympathy for those who wish to bring on board their wooden trunks and carpet bags on boards. They take up precious on space on board and slow down boarding. You should pay dearly for this or check them in! Also having no reserved seats encourages passengers to finish boarding fast.

Review by (Canada) 28th May 2015

May 10th 2015 Milan Bergamo to Prague. Flight W6 2682. This airline is a money grabber charging us $200 just to print the boarding passes. We (party of 4) checked in a week earlier when they sent us an email and saved our boarding passes in PDF format on the ipad. As this is what we do instead of printing it and wasting paper. But they insisted that we need to print it at the check out counter. I tried using my phone to send the passes to the printer but it did not work and our flight was getting closer. They charged us $200 just to print out the passes ($50 each). On top of that one of the cabin bags was over the dimension so we had to fork out another $60 just to carry it our self on board. This I realize is my own mistake not to carefully read the dimensions they gave us assuming that it would be the same as rest of the airlines. Their allowable size is tiny and most of the people had to fork out extra as even a centimetre extra would not work. The plane had no assigned seating and had the smallest leg room I have seen on any airline. The padding on the seat was the thinnest I have seen. I have traveled about 60 airlines in 6 continents and this airline is the worst.

Review by (United States) 27th May 2015

I flew from Bergen Norway to Riga Latvia. The trip began on a negative note as I was charged approximately 30 euros for a boarding pass at the airport which I did not appreciate since the airline did not even have the decency to advise me by email that check-in was available on-line. To complicate matters they couldn't process my credit card so I had to pay using my debit card. The flight itself was uneventful except that I have never experienced such cramped leg room despite having flown other budget airlines in the past. I would not recommend this airline nor fly it again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 5th May 2015

Wizz Air managed to ruin my lovely weekend spent with friends and family! Me and my fiancee were travelling from Budapest back to London but never again. The reason why I usually choose cheap flights for this route that it is direct. But from now I will only travel with the rival air company! The official cabin bag size turn out to be too big and made us pay an extra £37 fee and the ground crew was also very rude to us. So thank you for the worst flight experience I have had!