Wizz Air

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th July 2015

Wizz Air allocated seats. Booked a three adults and two infants flight and we're all sitting apart. Complete lack of customer care.
RouteWarsaw to London

Review by (United Arab Emirates) 27th July 2015

Here I am at Sofia airport waiting for my flight to Dubai and I am fuming. I checked in online earlier like I always do, came to the airport presented my mobile but airport staff referred me to the check in counter saying that Sofia airport does not accept mobile passes. At the Wizz Air check in counter, a very 'nice' lady who barely speaks any English bluntly asked me to pay 35 euros to issue the boarding pass, saying that's their policy and that every person who checks in online and do not have the paper printed in A4 need to pay 35 euros to issue a boarding pass. Although I had made this trip with Wizz Air from Dubai airport to Sofia a week ago and as in every single airline experience I've had I either printed a boarding pass from the self check in machines, took it from check in counter or showed the mobile boarding pass. I have never been asked to pay for a boarding pass and 35 euros for a piece of paper! I asked for a printer to print my online pass but they just shrugged saying they don't have any. When asked about why this fee didn't apply in Dubai airport, the lady simply said that the Dubai airport staff must be making a mistake. I am told that had I not checked in online I would have gotten my boarding pass with no charge. And that because I was being efficient and making ground staff life easier by checking in online, I am supposed to pay a completely ridiculous charge.
RouteSofia to Dubai

Review by (United Kingdom) 25th July 2015

I've been travelling with Wizz Air for many years. Compared to Ryanair it always seemed better but I'm about to fly with Wizz Air again this year and the more I hear the more unhappy I am. They seemed to be interested only in money and don't care about their passengers. The cabin baggage - even Ryanair has a reasonable cabin baggage allowance. With Wizz Air the cabin bag is so small, you can barely fit anything in and if you want to upgrade to the size of the one Ryanair transports for free, you have to pay. Now, Wizz Air came up with the allocated seating idea (not the first airline, of course) and we thought since we bought the tickets all at once it shouldn't be a problem - wrong! We are all seated apart and it's not that the aircraft is full, only Wizz Air wants us to purchase the seats for us to sit together. I found this appalling!
RouteLondon to Brno

Review by (Sweden) 24th July 2015

Unlike most others, I enjoy this airline, it's cheap and fast. An inflight wifi system would be great and some inflight information (location and time) would be appreciated. Also their payment system might be weird with all of the add-ons, but you can fly cheaply with this airline (if you skip all the extra stuff).
RouteMalmö to Budapest

Review by (United Kingdom) 23rd July 2015

I didn't even succeed in making a booking! This company is the worst I have ever encountered in any field in the whole of my life. Their online booking system is a joke. It just does not work! Anyone who experienced the same online booking problems that I encountered would just give up. I could not even enter my date of birth, and when I finally got to the payment section after three hours of trying, two of my credit cards were refused despite being asked for the advanced security codes. My recommendation to Wizz Air is just to give up. I have only selected a rating of 1/10 because I could not register 0/10.
RouteLuton to Romanis

Review by (United States) 21st July 2015

Not only was this airport (Beauvais, an hour outside of Paris) in the middle of nowhere, incredibly outdated, but if you needed help from anyone for that matter, you were usually left lost and confused. I tried to print out my boarding pass online and even paid for it, however, it showed an error and I was not able to do so. I was charged 40 euros to print out my boarding pass at the airport. Forced to pay another 40 euros to check my bag because it was 2 kg overweight and though I offered to take items out, she said I could not carry them in a plastic bag, for that would count as an additional bag. We started lining up for boarding at 8.30, 30 minutes after the departure time. I am also disgusted that you have to pay for water onboard. 4 euros for a tiny bottle of water. When I handed the flight attendant my credit card, she told me that they didn't accept cards.
RouteParis to Sofia

Review by (Sweden) 20th July 2015

I was charged €45 to have my boarding pass printed at the airport as there was no option for electronic ticket or self service check in. I shoved them the booking number from my mobile phone but they didnt help. Very bad hidden cost - everything else was the same you get from a lowcost air transport company.
RouteBudapest to Göteborg

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th July 2015

Not much different from easyjet in terms of cost or comfort. However, beware of all their hidden costs. I was charged €40 to have my boarding pass printed at the airport (something easyjet don't do) as there was no option for electronic ticket or self service check in. I could have printed it myself before flying of course but I was travelling when I booked the flight so thought getting from the airport would be my easiest option. Then before boarding the plane, which was a complete disorganised mess, I was told my hand luggage was too big and would have to pay €70. I knew for a fact it was within the correct measurements stated on their website and even had a tape measure with me. Funnily enough it didn't fit into their little box you use to test if it's the right size but I knew it was within the correct measurements so suggested I take out my tape measure and show them. This shut the woman up as she obviously knew the test box wasn't true to he size of the overhead lockers. Eventually, after a lot of attitude from staff I got through with my bag. Like easyjet they only allow one bag, no matter how small the second is, but they were much more strict in enforcing this than easyjet. I saw one man made to empty out the contents of his second bag and carry it all (bag included) in his arms.
RouteBudapest to London

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th July 2015

Very disorganized and poorly managed airline with atrocious customer care. The disorganization is what stupefies me because isn't being organized what breeds efficiency and therefore cost savings? Had us check in online and print boarding pass which makes complete sense but then we hs to go through check in to get a new boarding pass anyway- how does that make sense? Check in line is same as bag drop, so it's wildly inefficient, 45 min wait (and employment of personnel that could have been avoided!). Charging us for priority boarding but then everyone gets stuffed on the same bus so everyone had to hurl themselves to the aircraft at the same time anyway- so what am I paying for? And yes you have to hurl yourself to the aircraft because the baggage compartment for the "priority" seats is taken up by the luggage of the personnel so the "priority" passengers have nowhere to leave their luggage. Their flights are too crammed together in that there isn't enough time between the landing of the aircraft and the next takeoff so there are delays. Because organisation is awful we all get jammed into the bus to be taken to the aircraft (no aircon, bus stuffed), but the aircraft isn't ready so we sit and wait for 10min+ in the bus and struggle to breathe. I have traveled Wizzair on numerous occasions out of necessity (timing or only direct flight) and these same issues occur again and again so it's not a one- off. If you can avoid them, do.
RouteLondon to Burgas

Review by (United Kingdom) 15th July 2015

They try to make money on everything, starting from the long and tedious online booking process with lots of pages asking you to explicitly select extra options for some charge. Then there is a tricky cabin baggage policy, which unlike any other airline I've used charges you for the standard-sized cabin baggage (typically 55x40x20) as for the "large cabin baggage". I have never encountered this before and didn't pay attention during the booking. As it turned out, I was not the only one - at the airport during boarding most of the passengers were standing in a queue confused why they had to pay extra £25.50 per standard cabin bag.
RouteLondon to Prague