Top 100 Airlines

Wizz Air

"a great low cost carrier option"

(Iceland)

Verified Review | Keflavik to Budapest with Wizz Air. This is a low cost carrier and this review is based upon the understanding that you know what that means and my ratings would be lower if it was a full service airline. Having said that I wouldn't hesitate to fly with Wizz Air again. Their website makes it clear what you get with a barebones ticket. A seat and small cabin luggage. Want anything beyond that and you have to pay for it. We actually went for added check-in luggage and as this was partially a shopping trip, more allowance on the way back from Budapest. You do need to make sure you understand that 30 days in advance you can check-in for your flight. That's when you should as that will give you the best options when picking your seats. We didn't get this so had to make do with somewhat less than optional seating, but it worked out in our favour actually. So this is a late afternoon flight out of Iceland. Check-in was efficient, but when we entered the terminal many food options had closed. As it turned out when flying to Budapest so had most of the food on the plane. The plane felt new and shiny. Seats OK, you can't lean back at all. This is actually somewhat better as I found it easier to get in and out of the seatrow. Cabin staff were lovely, they look like they enjoy what they are doing and apologized for the lack of food options. But the Hungarian beer and red wine are both to be recommended. Now in Budapest check-in was again efficient and the airport is fantastic. Definitely one of the best in Europe with great variety of shopping/food options. However, the check-in to the aircraft made me feel a bit like cattle being led to the barn. But it worked. Flight back to Iceland was smooth. Crew again looking happy to be at work and at the end of the day I would definitely both fly with and recommend Wizz Air as a great low cost carrier option, if not yet on the Norwegian level.
RouteKEF to BUD
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"hand luggage dimensions were tiny"

(Malta)

Verified Review | Budapest to Malta with Wizz Air. This airline is a total rip-off. And they didn't even bother to hide or disguise their scam. So you arrive at the airport, check-in and then you go to your gate. The gate for Wizz Air was literally 300m away from the terminal building - you have to walk outside on the airport apron (the tarmac) to get to it. Once there you have to wait until they open the 'gate' - a small hangar. Once opened, the queue was very slow and everyone wondered why. Once our turn came, we realised why. The first thing you see is a counter and a guy checking people's hand luggage dimensions - and the dimensions were tiny. So surprise surprise, many people had to pay 14,000HUF (approx $55) to get their luggage on board. I've been travelling with my small luggage for the past 4 years. I've used countless times on all major airlines, as well as on low-cost airlines such as Ryanair, Easy Jet, Vueling, etc. This was the first time that I had to pay for it! Wizz Air - you can wizz yourself away as you've lost a customer for life.
RouteBUD to MLA

"crammed to capacity"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Flight from Budapest to Madrid with Wizz Air. The airport of Budapest seems to be constantly under construction. We were ushered into a hangar where, at the entrance, there was a member of staff checking our tickets. They would look at your suitcase and your boarding pass, and if they didn't like what they saw, they would confiscate your boarding pass and give it to another member of staff. A group of about 5-10 of us were set aside. There, you were asked to measure your bag by putting into the bag size checker. My suitcase would fit perfectly but it was about 5cm too tall. The staff then used a measuring tape (I'm not kidding) to highlight that my bag was 5cm above their 42x32x25cm requirements for a free small cabin bag. I was travelling with my wife. She has a bigger suitcase than me, so I had paid extra for her luggage, but not for mine which is significantly smaller. Despite me telling them repeatedly that I have never paid extra with other low cost airlines such as Ryanair for either my wife's or my suitcase, that this was a daylight robbery, that I had paid for one bag already, that my suitcase did fit into their size checker, that this was very poor customer service on their behalf - they did not budge. I had to pay 45 euros to take my suitcase with me. I was appalled by this. If 5cm is worth more to them than gaining loyal customers I will not choose to fly with them ever again. That aside, I have to say that there was nothing exceptional about the airplane, crammed to capacity, the service or the food/beverages available onboard. Their new A321 planes do not have WiFi.
RouteBUD to MAD
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"a pleasant, uneventful flight"

Verified Review | I flew Riga to Luton with Wizz Air at 6am. I chose this flight because of the convenient pre 9am arrival time in London, so I was able to start my day in Riga and still make work on time back in London for 9.30am. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of Wizz Air's brand new A320 aircraft and the friendly staff. I traveled to Riga with Ryanair from Stansted, and the difference in Cabin quality, staff friendliness and overall journey experience was huge. I have read some quite bad reviews with Wizz Air, and I am sure when things go wrong they go really wrong - but this was a pleasant, uneventful flight that made it London 20 minutes early. Overall, it was no BA, but miles ahead of Ryanair.
RouteRIX to LTN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"staff were polite and smiling"

Luton to Varna. This is the second time flying with Wizz Air. First time was in June to Riga. Having flown to Sofia two years ago then driving to Varna, we decided on flying direct which meant using Luton Airport. We were dubious about using Wizz after reading so many bad comments. However, in our experiences Wizz Air provide a value for money package. There is more legroom than on Easy Jet and Ryanair. The staff at the airport and onboard were polite and smiling. The online booking system is easy to use. So no complaints and we look forward to continue flying with Wizz as and when required
RouteLTN to VAR
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"crew were very low key"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Flew Tel Aviv - Vilnius and return in early September with Wizz Air. As we boarded in TLV we were shocked to find out that the aircraft had not been cleaned from the previous flight (VNO-TLV), the floor was dirty and so were the bathrooms. Leg room is ok, but seats do not recline so after two hours, it became very uncomfortable. Crew were very low key and did the minimum with not much else. They sell food and duty free. Tried their cheese sandwich which was poor quality. F/A had no clue as to flying time, she said it would be 3h 10 m to VNO, but it was really 3.45. We were happy to get off. Return flight, they boarded us on time, just to find ourselves in a different holding area for another 20 min without seats. Why? Who knows. Why not keep us at the gate seated until AC is ready? Older people, families with children, all cramped together for 20 min in a stairway. I guess not much respect for their guests. Again boarded an Aircraft that was not clean from previous flight. What kind of feeling do Wizz expect you to have boarding a dirty plane? I guess they don't care. You can be low cost and clean btw. Again crew did the minimum, no interaction with passengers, this time no information at all from the pilots, no routing info, flying time etc. This time we stayed away from the food trolley. Tickets were not that cheap either, more than 300 euro RT. All in all Wizz brought us home safe and sound, and that's the main thing. The journey itself and the product were quite poor.
RouteTLV to VNO
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"never experienced such horrors"

Verified Review | Budapest to Glasgow. We booked in on line and had only one bag to be dropped in. Arriving at the departure department there were no organised lines just a mass of people all trying to get attention. It was a case of pushing through or missing our flight. After this nightmare we eventually reached boarding area but 1.5 hours waiting without any seating was another nightmare. These may be Budapest Airport faults but it ensures we will not willingly visit area again. We are both in our late 80s and have never experienced such horrors at the many airports we have used.
RouteBUD to GLA

"poor customer service"

Poor customer service, the flight was nearly two hours late leaving Sofia on 26/08/2016. This was a very late notification of the delay as up until about 1 hour before the departure the flight was shown on time. Minimal leg room with knees pressed against the seat in front, I am 5 foot 7 inches tall. Sofia is not the most comfortable airport to be delayed in with extremely poor tannoy announcements.
RouteSOF to LTN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"staff helpful, polite and efficient"

Verified Review | I have travelled 6 times this year to Sofia from Luton with Wizz Air and I am baffled by some of the low scores given by some reviewers. I have travelled extensively across the world on many airlines and have to say Wizz Air are up there with the best. They are not a full price however their staff are always helpful, polite and efficient. The food on offer is as good as can be expected, if you don't like it take your own. I have no hesitation in using Wizz Air, I feel safe, looked after and they don't cost a fortune. What do you expect?
RouteLTN to SOF
Date FlownAugust 2016

"delays frequent, everything overpriced"

Bourgas to London Luton with Wizz Air. Awful. My family and I have been flying with Wizz Air for the last 7 or so years to our holiday place in Bulgaria. Unfortunately there are no alternative airlines serving this route. Delays are frequent and everything is overpriced. A couple of years ago our flight was delayed overnight and they still charged us for soft drinks and food on board. I am due to fly with them again soon and I am dreading it. Tonight they sent me an email full of spelling mistakes threatening me that I won't be able to take my hand luggage on board. It is offensive and pathetic.
RouteBOJ to LTN