Vote Now

Wizz Air

"baggage policy is different"

Verified Review | Bristol to Katowice. The baggage policy is different to EasyJet and other airlines I fly with, however when booking your flight the information is visible and you just have to make sure you have the baggage you need. You can add bags on online after the initial booking too. The free baggage is just a small bag and if you need a normal cabin suitcase / larger bag (think easyjet carry on) it is £9. Annoying, but when the flight is cheap this is hardly a deal breaker. Check in online and boarding etc was normal. No staff were rude to me, I slept during my flight so cannot comment on the food options etc. I organised a bus with Wizzair from Katowice to Krakow that was well organised, cheap and easy to find.
RouteBristol to Katowice

"made to pay £40 a case"

Verified Review | Luton to Budapest. Absolute joke of an airline. Staff at the boarding gate were rude. When booking our flights online through the website it wasn't clear to me that the free hand luggage was the size of a small handbag (42x32x25cm). You could pay an additional £9 for a large cabin bag. Myself and 14 other passengers were made to pay £40 a case at the gate before boarding. Between myself and my partner this is double the price for our flights both ways. How can they justify this? We were pushed to one side while they tried to take our payments, constantly being told we were in the way (they told us to stand here). Will never fly with them again.
RouteLuton to Budapest

"Worst customer service"

(Israel)

Verified Review | Budapest to Tel Aviv. Worst customer service, no replies to emails. Waited on the phone forever then got hung up on. Boked the flight with one large cabin bag I then added another and paid with my credit card, when I tried to print a boarding pass the site would not let me claiming I still owed the 6400 HUF - I tried with another card but to no avail. Then I received an email stating that if I didn't pay they could cancel my flight and that I should pay on wizzair.com. So I emailed for help and on the 15th they emailed me an invoice showing that I had paid. I then emailed back that the site would still not print me a boarding pass and I don't want to pay a airport check in fee. I received no reply. When I got to the airport, although I had showed all my correspondence, they charged me for a large cabin bag and for two boarding passes 140$. This is unacceptable.
RouteBudapest to Tel Aviv
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Horrendous exploitation of baggage charge"

Verified Review | Flew Luton to Budapest with Wizz Air. Horrendous exploitation of baggage charge. Size allowance for cabin bags is significantly smaller than any other, even budget airlines. This is mentioned in very small print if you look for it on your boarding information and mentioned in the airport 10 minutes before you are supposed to board. You will be presented with a cage to fit your bag in before boarding and must try to fit it in or you will have to pay £40. It is £12 if you do it online but of course it is too late to do this once you are boarding. If you insist on using this airline be sure to pay online for your cabin bag before, you will have to pay as you can't fit a trips worth of clothes in what is allowed. Personally I will not fly with them again and will advise anyone else not to.
RouteLuton to Budapest
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"the worst low cost in Europe"

Verified Review | Riga to Luton. Due to numerous horrible experiences with Wizz air I believe they are the worst low cost in Europe. Much worse than Ryanair or easyJet. Unfortunately I'm stuck with being their frequent flyer. I got delayed 10 out of 22 of my trips last year, also the delay information is always communicated last minute so it's almost impossible to plan ahead and not get stuck in the cramped airports. They have a record breaking turnaround time of 30 minutes, during which people have to disembark, the aircraft needs to be cleaned and new passengers have to board. Of course the planes are dirty with food leftovers and stains everywhere. Staff look overworked and disconnected. In winter they like to check the boarding pass and let you stand outside in the cold until they finish chucking away the trash (LTN airport). I really dread flying Wizz and I would alway prefer overpaying at the airport for food, water to not give any extra money to this greedy company. If you can, avoid them and fly Ryanair, EasyJet etc for a little bit extra.
RouteRiga to Luton
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"from A to B for very little"

(Hungary)

Verified Review | Budapest to Luton with Wizz Air (W62209). The flight had a 30 minute delay on departure but otherwise great. Also LTN seems to be under repair so it is a mess. Of course with a budget airline there are always charges for everything but as it was a weekend hop it was not necessary to get anything extra. It is not as comfy as other airlines, but it gets you from A to B for very little. I read the other comments saying how much of a rip-off it is but if you read your ticket before departure it has everything on it. Recommended.
RouteBUD to LTN
Date FlownDecember 2016

"will be looking to avoid Wizz in the future"

Verified Review | We were extremely disappointed with the service on our way back to Glasgow from Budapest in December 2016 with Wizz Air. We purchased extra services - such as priority boarding, which was not provided - we were all squeezed into a bus. The driver was not present, the engine was off, the heating was off - we were left waiting outside for 20 minutes (I am in my mid 20s, I was fine standing, but what about elderly passengers?) on a freezing cold bus. Let me point out, the flight is at 6.20 in the morning, so the outside temperature is below freezing. There were no staff at the bus who we could have raised our concerns with. While boarding the staff did not care about maintaining lines / queues / checking priority boarding details, we paid extra and had to queue behind a whole bunch of people without PB to eventually be squeezed into a cold bus. This wasn't my first time flying Wizz, my overall opinion is that the Staff at the airports are not motivated at all - I would even say that they could not care less about the passengers. The organisation of the boarding process is awful, we were met with a rude attitude - especially from the ground handling staff. Obviously this is a low-cost airline, so you are prepared to have some inconveniences, such as small leg room, extreme departure times, ridiculous baggage policies etc. I have flown with Wizz 5 times in the past 18 months - as it is the only direct flight between Glasgow and Budapest, however after the horrific experience last time we have decided to fly KLM via Amsterdam. Would like to point out, the cost is the same, or even cheaper, considering the same hand luggage allowance and the lay over is just about 2 hours at Schiphol. Will be looking to avoid Wizz in the future.
RouteBUD to GLA
Date FlownDecember 2016

"avoid Wizz Air if possible"

Verified Review | Cluj to Madrid. Avoid Wizz Air if possible, because you will get headaches. Hidden fees everywhere and they don't care. The airport checkin was 50Euro fee for just printing a piece of paper and nobody was in the checkin line to hold the line. Then they hit you with the baggage fee of 60 Euros. I ended up paying almost 200 Euros in checkin and baggage fees for 2 people which is way more than the flight cost. On the plane, the staff is so rude. I asked for a glass of water to take my pill and they told me water costs 2 Euros. The same flight attendant was drinking from a big bottle of water behind the curtain. I will avoid this airline in the future.
RouteCluj to Madrid

"very disappointing experience"

Verified Review | Just had a very disappointing experience with Wizz Air. Was booked on a Wizz flight from Varna (Bulgaria) to Luton on 29th December. The flight was cancelled. Not the fault of Wizz Air (or so we were told), as it was a weather problem. The problem was that Wizz decided not to tell anyone. We were all booked in and sitting in departures waiting for the flight. The departure board still showed an on time take off. About an hour or so later the departure board suddenly changed to 'Cancelled'. No announcement, no information of any kind and not a single member of Wizz Air staff to be seen. It was just a pathetic shambles and got worse. Now well over a week from the cancelled departure and still waiting for a refund, or at least the common courtesy of a response to my claim. They are keeping my money, paid in good faith for something they did not provide. I tried to contact their so called 'Customer Service' but this was a total waste of time. All I have had from to date is an automated reply confirming that they had received my refund request on 30/12/2916.
RouteVAR to LTN

"startled and disappointed"

Verified Review | Eindhoven to Warsaw. From my experience the flights are cheap, rarely delayed, sometimes even shorter than previously estimated. But when it comes to the level of understanding and empathy from the plane crew - last time I got really startled and disappointed. I was a little anxious about flying on my own, I read before the flight on the Internet (and received a confirmation of that on the airport) that situation like that happen and if so, a person in need can count on the support of a stewardess. Well, that was in theory - skipping the fact of difficulties with communicating in English with the stewardess, she informed a "service" like that is not included in the price of cheap flights and if I'm feeling too nervous about the flight, the crew will be forced to make me leave the plane. Definitely not the best way to calm down a passenger, and that kind of attitude was shown right before the Christmas time.
RouteEIN to WAW