Best Cabin Crew

Wizz Air

"poor command of English"

(Saudi Arabia)

Luton to Riga return. Plane on time outbound but 2 hours late due to Luton issues for return journey. Plane was clean both ways. The flight took off and arrived both times. Stewards on return journey had a poor command of English and pronunciation was poor. £248 return and no free food. They also ran out of sandwiches on return journey.
RouteLTN to RIX
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Luton to Budapest. I was pleasantly surprised, I made sure my cabin bag was the correct size and I checked in/printed off my boarding pass in plenty of time. Both flights were on time, the leg room was smaller than BA but I have had worse on Thomas Cook, boarding would benefit from boarding in blocks of seat row but otherwise it was fine, the cabin crew were helpful and friendly. I am a regular flyer between London and Budapest and normally fly with BA but at £150 cheaper and flights on time I will use Wizz Air again. I recommend them but you need to read the small print about baggage size and ensure you check in/print boarding passes off in plenty of time.
RouteLTN to BUD

"stopped accepting e-format"

(Romania)

After flying multiple times with Wizz Air, I never had to print my boarding pass. Every time, showing the pass on the phone was fine. Last time they refused to scan the code from my phone, arguing that Wizz Air stopped accepting e-format. It was funny because all the other boarding passes could be scanned but not Wizz Air. The airport printing of the pass is 15 euros, money which you pay at one counter then queue for getting the actual print. Not to mention the luggage sizing which has become standard procedure at this company.
RouteBudapest to Brussels

"competitive pricing"

Travelled out on Wizz Air's new A321 and back on an A320. Seats comfortable, good service. Very competitive pricing. Can't comment on the food or drink quality. You are told what their cabin bag size is when you book online, and that you must check in online if you don't want to pay extra. If you read what the site says during booking, the journey could be flawless.
RouteLondon to Budapest
Date FlownDecember 2015

"staff were extremely nice"

(Spain)

The Wizz Air flight from Barcelona to Sofia was supposed to arrive an hour past midnight and it did. Staff were extremely nice. Nice cognac (at a price) helped me relax. There were no constant announcements and everybody had the chance to rest during most of the flight. Low-cost but quite convenient on this particular route.
RouteBCN to SOF
Date FlownOctober 2015

"choose another company"

Awful experience. Worst gates in the airports, both in London and especially in Budapest at return. The first Wizz Air flight was more than 2 hours late, I arrived at 2.30 am in Budapest, no apology, no refund policy, no food, nothing. We brought the usual cabin bag Ryanair-proof and they told us they accepted just the very small cabin bag for free, ours could enter the plane but at the cheap charge of £30! For 2 bags it made £60, more than we paid for the flights. We were left waiting for at least 40 minutes in a iced container far away from any shop in the suburbs of the airport. Trust me, spend a bit more and choose another company if you can.
RouteLondon to Budapest

"been ripped off"

(Lithuania)

I have been ripped off in front of hundreds of people. My weekend trip to London ended up with a surprise at the airport. The flight was delayed cause of fog in LTN. Thats fine. During slow and painful boarding I was stopped at the counter to check either my hand luggage fits the metal cage. I was completely shocked, then service agent turned around the normal standard luggage side fitter to tiny hole on the other side. My hand lugage did not fit in matter of milimetres. I had to pay 30 pounds or either 50euros. Shame on Wizz Air. No more flights with you.
RouteLuton to Vilnius

"a painful experience"

What a painful experience Wizz Air was. First, the web price went up 40% in one day, probably due to the use of cookies, since someone else 10 minutes later had my original price displayed, though this is difficult to prove. As, it now seems, many others, I got caught by the "small cabin bag" rule which frankly, is the most stupid thing I heard. Paying more for checked baggage is logical, since there is more handling. But space in the aircraft is debatable: my suitcase is not large, and I have only one, compared with other having a suitcase, a handbag and some shopping to top this up! So on top of the 250 euros price tag (+ CC fees, of course), which is far from "low cost", I paid another 40+40 for my so called big suitcase. The seats are squashed, I was sat at 90 degrees for 2.10 hours (not a short flight!), but luckily my neighbor did not show up and I could move to an aisle seat. The staff at the gate or in the plane was not particular friendly, but I would not be happy working for that company and I suppose it would be reflected in my attitude. One of the stewardess seemed in a complete rush to close all the compartments, which made me nervous. There is no inflight entertainment and no wi-fi, but that is expected, I suppose. You have to pay for food, but they don`t accept Sterling, but the stewardess took my pound as a euro so I could get some peanuts (and she makes 20% in the process, I suppose). Unfortunately, Wizzair is the online direct flight to Timisoara, so I might have, very reluctantly, to fly with them again.
RouteLuton to Timisoara
Date FlownDecember 2015

"crew smiling and professional"

No complaints here with Wizz Air flight from Luton to Gdansk. Ground staff at check in were very efficient and speedy. Boarding on time and without issue. Seats pretty comfortable and legroom was fine. Didn't bother with any snacks etc as it was a 1 hr 50 mins flight. No on board entertainment. Crew smiling and professional. The instructions for luggage and boarding pass are clearly highlighted on the web booking procedures, so if you can't be bothered to read them then you only have yourself to blame when confronted by a fee at the airport. Overall very satisfied.
RouteLuton to Gdansk

"the worst experience"

Wizz Air from Budapest to London. We recently had the worst experience flying with this airline. Firstly got to the airport and we only had hand luggage but needed to check in. Told that we needed to pay 25£ each just to check in. We then were told that we needed to pay £30 each way for our hand luggage. It's a normal hand luggage size and this is standard on most airlines, but we needed to pay the fee as it was about a cm too large. Madness. We were not told this in advance. I think they are a money grabbing airline that come across as reasonable at first glance but will take your money at any opportunity they can. Terrible. Wouldn't advise.
RouteBudapest to London