Wizz Air

"Book with a proper airline"

Verified Review | Luton to Budapest. Extra £40 charge for regular size luggage. Online charge for large luggage £18 Making price of ticket not worth it. Don't fall for it like we did. Book with a proper airline and avoid the hidden costs at the gate.
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"saving money isn't worth it"

Verified Review | Budapest to Luton. When saving money isn't worth it, we all want a bargain but sometimes it's better to shell out a bit more than save money for an awful service. I booked a getaway on Groupon so if anyone reading this is in the same boat then I urge you to reconsider. Flying to Budapest the flight was delayed an hour and change with nothing resembling an explanation given, luckily the flight wasn't full so I could stretch out some but I could tell it would be uncomfortably cramped if anyone was sitting next to me, and I'm only 5'11 so I shudder to think how anyone over 6ft would fare. Then returning we find out much to out chagrin that we had to check in online, bear in mind no-one saw fit to inform us of this, not Groupon, the airline or the company we booked it through. And to make it worse me and my girlfriend were seated at opposite ends of the plane. The ground staff were of no help, not even attempting to help us find a solution let alone sympathise with our problems. So in summary, this airline may be cheap but if you have even a modicome of care for the pleasantness of your journey then I cannot recommend enough paying slightly more and flying with a reputable airline and I'm including easy jet and Ryanair so that should tell you something.
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"crew members were friendly and polite"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Nice journey with Wizz Air from Cluj to Dortmund and return. Both flights had little delays (not more than 15-20 minutes). The captain explained the reasons for delay (on return they hit a bird on landing before our flight and maintenance was necessary). The crew members were friendly and polite. Baggage drop-off, boarding and clearing the airport have been easy and no trouble at all. I liked at return flight the route detailed explanations offered by the captain. I advise XXL seat booking for tall people, since the ordinary seats have little legroom.
RouteCluj-Napoca to Dortmund
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Please avoid this airline"

Verified Review | Luton to Budapest. One of the worst boarding experiences. It was chaotic because the staff were getting people to measure their hand luggage next to what looked like a micro purse dimension 25cm x 32cm x 42cm which is one of the smallest by the budget airlines. Staff were rude demanding money and threatening to cancel the flight ticket if hand luggage fee was not paid promptly. They were patronising by repeatedly reminding and quoting the allowed baggage dimensions. There was no prompt when checking in either. Cheap airline poor service and unhelpful staff. Please avoid this airline.
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"professional and friendly crew "

Verified Review | My mother, a very nervous flyer had a panic attack on our flight from Sibiu to Nuremberg. We called a flight attendant that stayed the whole flight with my mother, calming her etc. Because of the discomfort caused by the flight, the flight attendant offered us to go into the cockpit at the end of the flight which was very exciting. Overall, a great flight experience with very professional and friendly crew of Wizzair flight W6 3767.
RouteSibiu to Nuremberg
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"flight was pleasant enough"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Kaunas. The departure was from the smaller terminal 1 at Ben Gurion airport. Since check in is done well in advance, and since I did not check in any luggage, I could pass the long lines and go directly to security. This was very convenient. If you don't want to pay extra you can only carry a small bag at this airline, but they make that very clear even in their advertisement, so it can hardly be a surprise for anyone. What is more annoying is that you cannot choose seats at check in without having to pay extra. Consequently I was placed in a middle seat, even though the aircraft was only half full. But the person next to me moved away quickly so I could move to the aisle seat. Seat comfort was not too bad, the seatbacks could not be reclined, but being tall I find it more annoying if people in front of me recline their seatbacks without looking back. The catering on board was very uniinteresting, and for someone who does not eat gluten there was hardly anything available. But I had brought my own food, so that was not a problem. All in all the flight was pleasant enough, and even though we were a bit delayed at departure we arrived in time. Since this is a low cost airline my expectations were not very high, but I would not hesitate to fly Wizz Air again, especially since they have lots of interesting destinations that no one else flies to.
RouteTel Aviv to Kaunas
Date FlownAugust 2017

"the food was diabolical"

Verified Review | Split to Luton. We flew to Luton to save money although when looking at the cabin bag sized we realised they would only allow a tiny back pack to fly with, and to fly with a normal cabin size suitcase would cost you £20 there and £20 back! On the flight staff were miserable quite rude and looked as though they didn't want to be there at all. The drinks were reasonably priced but the food was diabolical. You don't expect a lot from plane food but a chicken baguette you can't get wrong - however ours turned up half the ingredients missing and cost us £6. I won't be flying with them again I saved no extra money. I've added 3 photos of what the baguette was described as the picture vs the reality.
RouteSplit to Luton
Date FlownAugust 2017

"I now dread my weekly commute"

Verified Review | I fly with Wizz Air every week on the same route from Birmingham to Budapest and have done for over year. Until a few months ago they were generally on time with the occasional delay. I am unsure what has changed but every weekly flight I catch in both directions for the last 2-3 months is late, generally 1 hour late arriving. I used to think Wizz Air was a good airline, good value and reliable but I now dread my weekly commute due to constant lateness. Very disappointing Wizz Air!
RouteBirmingham to Budapest

"really minimal seats"

Verified Review | Eindhoven to Budapest. I've flown twice (or 4 if you include return) with Wizz Air. This time was a new plane but really minimal seats. The plane could not land in Budapest because of bad weather, it had plenty of fuel so we waited, but eventually got redirected to another airport, together with another Wizz flight and a Ryanair flight. There we got coupons for a meal, the Ryanair passengers did not receive this. Then there supposed to come buses to bring us to Budapest, 5 hours later there still were no buses, so together with a few other passengers we decided to get a train. Ryanair organized buses to the train station. Overall information on the airport was rather minimal, I don't know if this is accountable to Wizz or to the Airport. Wizz has all the phone numbers and e-mail addresses, so they could have send text or e-mail messages, which enough people could have read. Stewards on this flight were very nice and friendly, on the return flight that went normal they were a bit grumpy, but OK. Their website is very clear and detailed. Food on board was cheaper then in Eindhoven airport, I only had some water but the food looked fine.
RouteEindhoven to Budapest
Date FlownAugust 2017

"suggest others steer clear too"

Verified Review | My husband and I traveled to Warsaw recently with our 11 month old on Wizz air. We arrived just over 2 and a half hours before our flight and were told we had to wait until 2 hours before so that we could be checked in. Despite being the very first to check in, we weren't seated together. When we arrived at the gate we were told that our carry on bags that we have been using for years on other budget airlines were too large and we needed to pay £40 per bag to board them. This hadn't been mentioned at check in because obviously that would mean that we could have left one or both in the car rather than paying this extortionate fee. It therefore cost us £160 to transport our 2 cabin sized carry on suitcases to Warsaw and back. We certainly won't be flying Wizz Air again and would suggest others steer clear too.
RouteLondon Luton to Warsaw