Wizz Air

Review by (United Kingdom)

Not a good experience. Cramped seating, no airline staff around at either airport. A very confusing website and check in process (any airline that resorts to using "fine print" to absolve themselves should be ashamed). The clincher for me is the premium rate number for customer services. They clearly don't want to speak to their customers.
RouteLuton to Gdansk

Review by (Latvia)

A lot of people here seem to not read the fine print when flying with Wizz Air - or any carrier. It's extremely common for a low cost carrier to charge for airport check-in. Ryanair has been doing this for decades, as has Wizz Air. My experiences with Wizz Air have be nothing but absolutely fine. Prerequisite is knowning what you're up for. The only thing that could be better is their quite unconvenient flying times from Vilnius and the legroom. Staff on any flight I took with Wizz are always pleasant and helpful, if maybe not very friendly.
RouteVNO to TLV

Review by (United Kingdom)

A very decent flight from Riga to London Luton airport. The plane was clean, the seats were okay for a 2 hour 30 min flight. The cabin crew were polite and kept smiling which always makes the flight more enjoyable. Food that you can purchase on board was good for a low cost airline. Overall the flight was good with very a polite cabin crew. I recommend flying WizzAir
RouteRiga to London Luton

Review by (Canada)

Not knowing what to expect, given that Wizzair is rated as a 3-star low cost airline, I ended up being very disappointed. Check-in at the airport cost me an extra 10 Euros, which I find appalling, as I was unable to check-in online. As a result, my mother and I ended up sitting roughly 20 rows apart. Flight attendants were rude and unhelpful. During the boarding process, I was forced to pay 65 Euros because of excess baggage. My mother was forced to squeeze her purse into my hand luggage. Upon kindly asking for help, the Wizzair check-in agent (who was in charge of boarding) rudely replied, saying that it is not her problem. Seats on board were unconfortable, making it impossible to lie down, even with the two seats next to you being unoccupied. Wizzair's low fares will never impress me again. As the old saying goes - you get what you pay for.
RouteCluj-Napoca to Charleroi

Wizz Air customer review

Review by (United States)

Wizz Air treat their customers as a nothing more than somebody to extract more money from. Not big bucks, just a nickel and dime for everything. Its actually more irritating than it is expensive. We were flying from Katowice, Poland to Frankfurt Hahn, Germany in July. But we are a family of 4, so the nickels and dimes add up. Wizz Air "closed" their online check-in 3 hours before the flight. Then they made us pay US$10 per person to print a boarding pass. We are a family of 4, so US$40. It was just such an amateur attempt at extracting small money. But, they were very successful at extracting the money, because you're not getting on the plane without paying. We were 4 of about 15 people on the flight in the same boat. I lived in eastern Europe in the 90's and Wizz Air is still in that Eastern Europe 1990's small time, rent seeking mind set. We were disappointed.
RouteKatiwice to Frankfurt Hahn

Review by (Netherlands)

I guess many people just don't read what is written on the website. If you're travelling with a budget airline, then please double check what procedures to follow. Like the rules for hand luggage (you need to pay for anything bigger than a backpack). For me, flying with 2 friends, experience was ok. Plane departure was 40 minutes later than planned, due to a bird that flew into the engine. Check-in as well as boarding went smoothly, cabin crew was friendly. Only minus was the legroom in the plane. As a guy who's 1.93m it was not so comfortable, but it was a kind of short flight. For my next flight I booked seats with extra legroom which is also not so expensive with this carrier. Big advantage is that you can check in online 30 days before departure and that it's very cheap of course!
AircraftAirbus A320
RouteRiga to Eindhoven

Review by (United Kingdom)

Uncomfortable seats, only a couple of millimeters of padding, if at all. There is also a metal rod at the front edge of the seat which is raised, pressing against the back of the knees. We have informed the crew about the seats every time yet the problem persists, in fact it has got worse. Crew can get snappy, even rude at times, particularly if you ask for what you paid for. Eg: They sometimes put other passengers in the most expensive seats for which you paid (among the first 6 seats), asking you to choose another seat and accept a refund or leave it, without apologising for the inconvenience, yet insisting that they followed procedure and good conduct. If only it was cheap but, it's far from it most of the time.
RouteLondon to Debrecen

Review by (Belgium)

The customer service at the airport is nothing to write home about. The policy seems like a punishment for those who chose to fly with them. Mistakes of any kind are fined heavily and the staff are rude if you ask for the simplest explanation.
RouteBrussels Charleroi to Budapest

Review by (United Kingdom)

Wizz Air allocated seats. Booked a three adults and two infants flight and we're all sitting apart. Complete lack of customer care.
RouteWarsaw to London

Wizz Air customer review

Review by (United Arab Emirates)

Here I am at Sofia airport waiting for my flight to Dubai and I am fuming. I checked in online earlier like I always do, came to the airport presented my mobile but airport staff referred me to the check in counter saying that Sofia airport does not accept mobile passes. At the Wizz Air check in counter, a very 'nice' lady who barely speaks any English bluntly asked me to pay 35 euros to issue the boarding pass, saying that's their policy and that every person who checks in online and do not have the paper printed in A4 need to pay 35 euros to issue a boarding pass. Although I had made this trip with Wizz Air from Dubai airport to Sofia a week ago and as in every single airline experience I've had I either printed a boarding pass from the self check in machines, took it from check in counter or showed the mobile boarding pass. I have never been asked to pay for a boarding pass and 35 euros for a piece of paper! I asked for a printer to print my online pass but they just shrugged saying they don't have any. When asked about why this fee didn't apply in Dubai airport, the lady simply said that the Dubai airport staff must be making a mistake. I am told that had I not checked in online I would have gotten my boarding pass with no charge. And that because I was being efficient and making ground staff life easier by checking in online, I am supposed to pay a completely ridiculous charge.
RouteSofia to Dubai