Wizz Air

"What's not to like?"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Had read very bad reviews for Wizz Air so was not expecting much. Ordered the most expensive ticket with priority booking, hold luggage, selected seat and guaranteed hand luggage for €34. I can't even get half a taxi journey between Arlanda and Stockholm for the same price. So for me it was like option pricing. Downloaded the app. Entered my booking code and the whole checking in process worked perfectly. Luggage check-in took 30 secs - no queues. No buses at Vilnius. Plane was clean, baguette, bottle of wine and peanuts for €8. Hostesses were efficient and friendly. What's not to like?
RouteVilnius to Stockholm

"Avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | Athens to Luton. Terrible boarding process. They show boarding at least 30 minutes before actually boarding a single person. Then only had one person checking boarding cards. Terrible experience which I will pay to avoid in the future (with another airline). The 'priority' boarding only gets you on the bus first too! So probably last on the plane. Seats are uncomfortable too. Avoid at all costs.
RouteAthens to Luton
Date FlownJune 2018

"nothing to accommodate me"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Budapest. If I could give no stars, I would. The worst airline company I have ever encountered. My flight to Budapest was cancelled and they had no other flights they could get me on to until around 36 hours later. When I asked for them to refund the hotel, train, and other flight I would now miss due to their inability to operate an airline, they refused. They told me I could "try" to get my travel to the airport refunded on their website. They said that it was my fault the other places would not refund me. The best part of it all was that they canceled the flight as I was going through security at the airport. It is obviously out of my control that my flight was canceled and Wizz Air did nothing to accommodate me. Awful and unprofessional company.
RouteStansted to Budapest
Date FlownJune 2018

"avoid them at all costs"

Trip Verified | Luton to Tirana. I want to start off by saying that I am not a picky flyer. If an airline takes me from point a to point b safely, then I am satisfied. With this in mind, I never thought I would have such a dreadful experience with an airline. On the first leg from Tirana to Luton, I tried to check in via the Wizz Air app, however it explicitly said that I could not check in online due to regulations from Tirana's airport. I went to the check in counter the day of the flight and I was harshly told by a Wizz Air employee to pay the charge or leave the airport, even though I was clearly explaining to them that checking in online was purely impossible- they refused to listen. The first absolute scam from this airline. The second leg was an even more dreadful experience. Before boarding a woman started interrogating all passengers like she was a prison warden about the number of carry on bags they had. I was fine, however there were people who were forced to pay cash on the counter, just for carrying a lap top in their hands. Second absolute scam. The flight was supposed to take off at 6 a.m UK time, but it took off at 7:30 a.m. The reason was "a missing oxygen bottle" which had to be delivered from Gatwick Airport. To add to the misery, we were left to wait not even inside the terminal, but in the stairs leading to the tarmac, for about an hour. The air was humid and I started having difficulty breathing. Many older people had to lie down on the ground, and many children started getting ill. It seemed like a scene from an apocalyptic movie - at 6 a.m on a Tuesday morning in London! The flight itself was alright. I want to point out that the captain of the flight, an Irish gentleman, fully deserved the title as he apologised profusely on behalf of a ridiculous airline. Nothing but respect for him. Every single other Wizz Air employee, particularly the ground crew needs to take some lessons not just on their jobs, but also on basic human decency. I would give this airline a 0 if I could. Please avoid them at all costs.
RouteLuton to Tirana
Date FlownJune 2018

"one of the worst flights"

Trip Verified | Dortmund to Belgrade. I have to say this has to be one of the worst flights I've ever had. Wizz air is bad on the ground even worse in the sky. The plane was not too old but it was filthy. No leg room and ground staff was terrible. The crew was polite but disinterested. Wizzair does not send email notification for online check in, however if you don't check in online they will charge you 35 euros. They asked me at check in to remove 600 grams from my check in luggage and put in my hand luggage. I will never use their service again.
RouteDortmund to Belgrade

"This is Wizz air"

Trip Verified | Athens to Luton. This airline did not allow all customers to print boarding pass button and they charged 30 euros for all the passengers. If you are flying with Wizz air, please prepare extra euros. I can't really understand still. The flight attendant said "This is Wizz air" - awesome.
RouteAthens to Luton
Date FlownMay 2018

"can't even do time management"

Trip Verified | Luton to Prague with Wizz air. On the way out there they got us all on the plane. Pilot announced 20 minute delay. Then we continued to sit on the plane for 90 minutes. Staff didn't seem to know what was going on, there were no other announcements. No apologies, nothing. We tweeted Wizz air asking for an update and they sent us a link to a website that said our planes original take off time? Helpful- I think not. Pilot then tells the crew we are taking off still no apologies, no reason given but we did actually take off. The worst part was we had a late night flight and were meant to arrive at around 9.30pm. We landed just before 11.30pm and our check-in for our apartment stops at midnight. So we abandoned our original transfers to get a taxi so that we could arrive with 5 minutes to spare otherwise we'd have had to sleep on the street. We thought this might be a one off. But no. Flight home they got us all boarded onto the buses to go to the plane and then kept us there for an hour and a half, the website did actually say delays but then didn't update when it was delayed a further hour. We finally got to the plane and took off quite quickly this time. We landed home two hours late and our parking had expired. But at least on the way home they did finally apologize when we landed and said the 'airspace was busy' for two hours? Don't fly with them, they can't even do time management and it's not worth the late check-in fees and overstay in the carpark, works out as much as flying with easyJet.
RouteLuton to Prague
Date FlownMay 2018

"charged for a tablet in my pocket "

Trip Verified | Extremely rude and deceiving personnel at Doncaster/Sheffield airport, charged for a tablet in my pocket as an extra luggage, even though I was told during check-in that I won't be charged extra, they decided to rip me off during boarding to plane. The female who charged me didn't want to tell me her name. Extremely rude and incompetent.
RouteDoncaster/Sheffield to Vilnius
Date FlownJune 2017

"they did not care"

Trip Verified | Luton to Athens. I am disabled and had booked customer assistance but on arrival I sat and waited and waited and waited. I asked staff many times if someone was coming and they said yes. Then they sent me off with a man who turned out to be a bus driver. I had a bad fall when he suddenly drove off while I was standing in a big empty space in the bus (only a few seats and designed for people to stand) before I had sat down. I could not get up and lay for 20 minutes on the floor, until someone can to help. I hurt my knee, I called them from the floor of the bus begging for help to get passenger assistance to come and they just kept saying what do you want us to do, you already flew, they did not care. I had a terrible miserable time in pain these days and the passenger assistance boss at Athens tells me that they did come but the Wizz crew denied anyone on board was disabled and needed help. Then I have been ringing them everyday as all of a sudden I cannot check in on line and they just say pay €30 at the airport, no help at all worth whatever is wrong with my booking. They just do not care. A nightmare company.
RouteLuton to Athens

"uncomfortable to sit"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Milan to Skopje. Wizzair is the worst company I had to fly with. I didn't expect a lot from a low cost company, but from now on I would rather spent more money to get full service than this. The seats can't go down and there's small space for legs so it was pretty uncomfortable to sit there for 2 hours.
RouteMilan to Skopje