Top 100 Airports

Wizz Air

"staff helpful, polite and efficient"

I have travelled 6 times this year to Sofia from Luton with Wizz Air and I am baffled by some of the low scores given by some reviewers. I have travelled extensively across the world on many airlines and have to say Wizz Air are up there with the best. They are not a full price however their staff are always helpful, polite and efficient. The food on offer is as good as can be expected, if you don't like it take your own. I have no hesitation in using Wizz Air, I feel safe, looked after and they don't cost a fortune. What do you expect?
RouteLTN to SOF
Date FlownAugust 2016

"delays frequent, everything overpriced"

Bourgas to London Luton with Wizz Air. Awful. My family and I have been flying with Wizz Air for the last 7 or so years to our holiday place in Bulgaria. Unfortunately there are no alternative airlines serving this route. Delays are frequent and everything is overpriced. A couple of years ago our flight was delayed overnight and they still charged us for soft drinks and food on board. I am due to fly with them again soon and I am dreading it. Tonight they sent me an email full of spelling mistakes threatening me that I won't be able to take my hand luggage on board. It is offensive and pathetic.
RouteBOJ to LTN
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"no information about our flight"

Nürnberg to Cluj Napoca with Wizz Air. Maintenance was needed for the aircraft and we waited in the airplane in a hot summer day. After a long time we were sent back to the terminals and offered a 5 EUR voucher. This is nothing to buy refreshment in an airport. Afterwards, no information about our flight. We had to find out from the airport personal that the flight was rescheduled for the next day, morning. This was 5:00 pm and they had no replacement aircraft. This is where full-service airlines are much better. You can count on them more, that they will try to deliver you ASAP to your destination.
RouteNUE to CLJ

"bad customer service"

(Sweden)

Flew from Gdansk to Stockholm with Wizz Air. The allowed size of the cabin bag is less than 50% of the other airlines (including Ryanair), no second bag allowed. Of course no-one has a cabin bag that small, and they force random passangers to measure the bags, and when they dont fit, you will be fined with 45 EUR / $50 USD or leave it at the airport. Bad customer service and delays.
RouteGDN to ARN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"service was awful at the airport"

Verified Review | I had a business trip in Palanga, so I took Wizz Air from Luton to Palanga. In Luton, service was a bit friendlier, but the plane was dingy and my tray kept opening up after too much movement from either flight or passenger in front. The flight was delayed 1 hour for some reason. On the way back to Palanga, service was awful at the airport, talk about rude! I had to pay for my carry on bag this way (come on, who makes carry on bags as small as requested!?) and got attitude from the lady at service desk. Wizz Air has great flight times and prices, but Ryanair wins hands down (Ryanair are on time, carry on bag is a decent size, and friendly service).
RoutePLQ to LTN

"terrible customer care"

(Hungary)

Budapest to Luton. Terrible customer care, not even the faintest willingness to resolve problems - even though they have a lot, given the reliability of the online booking system. Customer is important until the point the payment is processed, after that moment they are not taken care of. Best example for this is the customer service: one can either send an email to them - in this case the response time is 30 days, if ever - or call them on a high cost phone number.
RouteBUD to LTN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"second flight was better"

(Poland)

Verified Review | London Luton to Warsaw with Wizz Air. This was my second flight with this airline, and it was better. The boarding process was still not good, but the staff in the aircraft was friendlier and patient. I was positively surprised by the Captain's announcements about the EURO 2016, giving an update every 15 minutes.
RouteLTN to WAW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"my worst flying experience"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Warsaw to Luton. From the booking process on a horrible experience. You have to make about a hundred clicks and reject all not interesting offers for additional services. When boarding the plane, the staff was unfriendly and did not allow a digital boarding pass, only printed paper. I still do not understand why anyone would do require that. The food is ok, and cheap, drinks are as well. Overall, my worst flying experience so far. Only booked it because you cannot afford other last minute flights to London.
RouteWAW to LTN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"never use this airline again"

Verified Review | Budapest to Luton. Without doubt the worst airline I have used. First of all I changed my flights and had to pay £50 - I was frustrated yet accepting by this but it was the customer service (complete lack of) that made the experience so difficult. I then got charged £40 at the airport as my hand luggage was slightly bigger than the allowed sizes, despite taking the same luggage on the outgoing journey with no issue. I was ordered to pay, no compassion or understanding. How can you treat your customers so rudely? They charge fees which have no relation to the cost of the service e.g. Printing flight tickets. I also made a complaint about the service I received and to date I'm still waiting for a response! I will never use this airline again.
RouteBUD to LTN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"customer service is the worst"

Verified Review | I booked a Wizz Air flight from Birmingham to Wroclaw. They kept all the passengers waiting till the last minute to proceed to the boarding gate. Once they did, they turned everyone around without giving any information, except for the plane not being ready. They kept everyone waiting for 20 minutes and asked to return whatever they bought at the airport and follow them to a Wizz Air customer desk. This is when we found out that the plane never departed from Wroclaw (it was supposed to fly to Birmingham then back) and the flight is being cancelled. Not from the people that were supposed to help us or give out information. My dad gave them a call in Poland as the flight was long cancelled to find out that the plane has a technical issue. All of the passengers had to go through a single service desk. 200 people. 1 desk! The Wizz Air customer service representative loudly exclaimed that he is not going to deal with anyone and will go home if people do not stop asking questions without waiting in line. It was around midnight already and many people did not not know what was going on, lots of them had no way to get home at this hour. Customer service was horrible, they just gave out "your rights" forms with a grumpy look on their faces without answering questions. We had the right to reschedule a flight to some other airport at the closest possible date. Wizz Air is supposed to provide shelter, food and transport in these cases. Do you think they did any of that? They don't care about their customers. When I asked them about it they told me to file a complain online. If it wasn't for kind people passing on information between each other, lots of them would not know what was going on. Luckily I came to the airport with my car, so I was able to book a flight at Luton next morning. What about all these people that did not have an option like that? When I got into the car I called the customer service quoting my rights and asking for help regarding my car park and dealing with the cancellation. The guy I called had no clue what to do in situations like these, he was no help at all. I hang up in anger as they charge ridiculous amounts for the calls. I left the car park, booked another one at Luton and rushed home because the morning flight was at 9am. Thats when I found out that I had a return flight booked back to Birmingham. I called them to get this flight changed as well and they charged me 30 pounds for changing the booking even though I quoted the whole situation. The flight was supposed to take place 3 weeks ago. I still haven't been contacted by Wizz Air to receive my compensation and refund. I called customer support today and they just kept on asking for reference numbers and had no idea which one was correct. Then he informed me I will be contacted within 30 days but he thinks that there is no need for a refund. I am very disappointed by their service, flight quality, the space between seats is so small. The customer service is the worst I have had.
RouteBHX to WRO