Wizz Air

"no one cares about you!"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Budapest to Tirana. Worst experience ever! I had a small bag and they made me pay 45€ fee. The guy told me my bag was 1 cm bigger than it should be, so for 1cm me and my sister need to pay 90€ fee in total. Workers are so rude and no one cares about you!
RouteBudapest to Tirana

"They never said sorry"

Verified Review | Will never fly with Wizz Air again. Flight from Prague to Luton was delayed for 8hrs. They never said sorry. They kept all passengers waiting without any information or explanation. Plane supposed to land at 20.30 in Luton but we were landing at 4 am. Many people gave up and left Prague airport. Other people missed their transports and jobs. No compensation from Wizz Air. Saw many passengers without money or the ability to buy a food so they were starving. Was really unhappy with this airline.
RoutePrague to Luton
Date FlownOctober 2017

"They completely ignore clients"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Naples to Warsaw. Booked my ticket in September for March 2018. One month later I notice on my own that the flight was cancelled (no info from the airline side!). After 10 day the free of charge customer service (by email) is is continue to invite me to call the customer service on the payment phone number telling they cant do anything for me (re-assigned flight is opposite to the booked one and i am not in position to eventually re-book it on my own to a different one flight). The free of charge customer service doesn't exist. This is absolutely impossible to speak to anybody. No contact. No solution. They completely ignore clients even if the fault is all theirs.
RouteNaples to Warsaw

"Completely disappointed"

Verified Review | Flew Wizz Air from Bucharest to Cluj Napoca. Completely disappointed! The staff at check-in desk including the supervisor were unprofessional and rude. Arrived at the check-in gate two hours early, the agent told us we had to pay 70 Euros in order to board the plane because we had failed to check-in online. Since we bought the tickets, 30 days earlier, we had tried to check-in online multiple times, at different hours, from different computers but due to Wizz Air’s site problems (in my opinion it was done deliberately) nothing worked. I’ve sent messages to Customer Relations and many other Wizz Air Departments, asking for help but they ignored all communication. I have record of all these messages, all the complaints. Reading online this is a regular occurrence. We were not the only people at check-in desk having similar problems. We paid 70 Euros in order to board the plane. When we got home I contacted Wizz Air Customer Relations. Wizz Air’s Customer Relations Department has responded that they are going to refund only 50% of 70 Euros, meaning 35 Euros. We would never ever again fly with this airline.
RouteBucharest to Cluj Napoca
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"slapping in excess luggage charges"

Verified Review | Warsaw to Luton. They seem to have staff dedicated to handle slapping in excess luggage charges. The only airline I know of that has small (read wallet sized) cabin luggage and large (read regular) cabin luggage. It’s written in their T&Cs, if you care to waste your lifetime on reading their fine print. But it just shows that they don’t have customer experience in their heart, they lack transparency and are driven by greed. Another example is putting hurdles for those trying to claim aviation tax for unused flights. From a Wizzair club member they successfully converted me into and active campaigner against them. Congratulations.
RouteWarsaw to Luton
Date FlownOctober 2017

"worst experience in Europe"

Verified Review | Budapest to Warsaw. I had my worst experience in Europe. The cabin staff members were so rude. The ground service was so useless. I travel everywhere with my cabin luggage. It was the first time I got charged because it was out of the dimension with the wheels on. The worst airline ever!
RouteBudapest to Warsaw
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Worst experience with an airline"

Verified Review | Basel to Bucharest. We had to had to land in Italy, because of an medical emergency. This was ok, but then the crew was to slow to take of again, so that they couldn't fly anymore because of a limit on working hours. They didn´t offer us an alternative, we had to sleep in Italy, but the handling was so slow that it was 2.5 hours. The flight on the next day that was promised at 8 o´clock departed at 10.30 without any comments. So we couldn't sleep and were waiting again at the airport. Worst experience with an airline in my life. Really unprofessional, slow and unfriendly handling. We didn't get any compensation. The airline is not answering to my complaint about the handling.
RouteBasel to Bucharest
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"the flight was canceled"

(Macedonia)

Verified Review | Cologne to Skopje. We went to the airport and we waited for couple hours when someone told us that the flight was canceled after 2 hours before we should be on a plane. No one wants to take responsibility from the company. Every passenger have rights and ours were ignored by the staff of Wizz Air. So we used bus to came back to Skopje at our expense. Our right are that they need to pay us all expenses that we made.They even didnt get the money back from the flight. I am very disappointed from the company and also the staff that no one pick ups the phone or replay our emails.
RouteCologne to Skopje
Date FlownOctober 2017

"are cheap for a reason"

Verified Review | Luton to Bucharest. I booked a flight using the club membership and when I went to buy the return flight from a different destination the site hadn't updated my membership. I booked it anyway for fear that the prices will go up (which they do on an hourly basis sometimes up at £100 difference). When I informed them about this straight away they claimed that it was my fault for not clicking the discounted price. I told them that it wasn't the first time i'd used the discount and that I'm well aware of the process and they informed me without screen shots they were powerless. I informed them that I didn't want the money back as I go on several breaks a year, money off my next flight (which would be around €20) would be fine. They still didn't budge. Every flight I've had with them there has been problems that they are unwilling to sort out. They are cheap for a reason. Pay a little bit more, it'll be cheaper in the long run. I actually start to miss Ryanair and Easyjet every time I fly with Wizz Air
RouteLuton to Bucharest
Date FlownOctober 2017

"seats are most uncomfortable"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Barcelona to Katowice. As Wizz Air is the low-cost company I'm not expecting a lot. Most of my flight (the short ones under 3 hours) if it's possible are taken by that kind of airline. From all of the ones I know the seats of Wizz Air are the most uncomfortable, non adapted to human body. From 29 October, Wizz Air will change the politic about luggage, so space under the seat in fromt of you won´t be taken by your own luggage. Price of food is not so high, but quality is opposite. Sandwich for 5€ was mostly just bread, and you need to spend more money for a drink to swallow it. If there is any posibility to fly with other airlines just take it.
RouteBarcelona to Katowice