Wizz Air

"Very attractive prices"

Trip Verified | Kiev Zhuliany to Cologne. Very attractive prices, even for extra service, and good quality of service. Clean aircraft, efficient boarding allowed us to depart and arrive on time, clear website and smartphone app, professional crew.
RouteKiev Zhuliany to Cologne
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"seat with your spouse is paid extra"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Riga. Departure was late about 1 hour. Like most low-end companies, they make money on everything so that ticket price seems lower in comparison sites or whatever. Even if you happen to wish to seat next with your spouse it is "paid extra". First priority is given to drinking and eating passengers, especially if they are well known to cabin crew. Since the plane was not full, I asked if it is possible to relocate my seat, because I would like to sit next to my spouse. On boarding I was promised that, but it did not happen - the crew was busy, driving trolleys of drinks, sandwiches, perfume and stuff. Maybe I should have done it myself, even though it is against rules? These are things that airline should not do in this competitive market.
RouteBarcelona to Riga

"Appalling customer service"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Flew Gdansk to Allesund. Appalling customer service. This was the third holiday with Wizz Air. When things go ok, they go ok. There is nothing more to it. When things need attention or handling, the Wizz system shows the worst of an airliner with rules so strict it is impossible to accept its own mistakes. 2 days before return trip we wanted to buy extra luggage. The Wizz webpages malfunctioned on first attempt, failing just before I expected a receipt for the luggage purchase. Ok, I thought, I'll try tomorrow, I'm sure its working again by then. Tried again the next day. Tried from two different computers, and one cell phone. Same malfunction. Thought that now they know about it, and its time to get to the airport. When the error has been there for days, it should be possible to handle it at the airport. Of course not, they dont acknowledge the error or their responsibility for having working webpage functions, when their whole service is surrounded on customers handling ordering etc. Customer service wont pay me back the airport fee of course, and only repeats its my own responsibility. It's simply amazing to treat customers like this. What planet was Wizz founded on? Do they save money on angry customers?
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGdansk to Allesund
Date FlownJuly 2017

"aircraft is very cramped"

(Belarus)

Trip Verified | Vilnius to Rome Fuimicino. Boarding in Vilnius was quite messy, all passengers have been checked at gate and after this they had to wait on stairs for quite a long time, even those who had bought Priority pass - so actually there's no reason to buy it. The plane was located quite far from terminal building but we weren't taken there by bus, we had to go on foot. The aircraft is very cramped, the flight was fully booked and there wasn't enough place for hand luggage onboard so many passengers had to put it under the front seat which is not comfortable at all. However, all aforementioned is quite acceptable for a low-cost carrier. But after take-off it became extremely hot and it was very difficult to breathe, almost all passengers continued coughing during the whole flight - I suppose there were some issues with air conditioning? Nevertheless, the cabin crew was great, takeoff and landing very smooth, and the schedule has been followed to very punctually. But I find the issue with air conditioning absolutely unacceptable.
RouteVilnius to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never fly again with Wizz Air"

Trip Verified | Zürich to Bucharest. Service Check-in in Bucharest / I was dabbled penalized I checked-in in Switzerland and everything went ok. Afterwards I add a luggage because I wanted to bring some presents to Bucharest. As I did not much to take home to Switzerland, I tried several tomes to check in in Bucharest for the home fly. Unfortunately, I got always an error message, and I could not check-in. At the end, as written in the error message, I decided to check in at the airport. First penalty: The check-in operator explained me that I did not check-in and therefore I must pay the service at the bank desk. The bank charged my credit card 260 RON instead for 167 RON! I think that the retour check in did not function because of the missing luggage. I will never fly again with Wizz Air!
RouteZürich to Bucharest
Date FlownDecember 2017

"will never fly Wizz Air again"

Trip Verified | I took a flight from Luton to Bucharest with return and in Bucharest on my way back to London just before to go in the plane they charge me for the small luggage £60 because I had also a hand bag. I will never fly with Wizz Air again.
RouteBucharest to Luton
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"I do recommend the airline"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | Wizz Air is the only airline that operates direct flights between Sofia and Geneva. I pre-booked a seat in Row 2. For the first time ever, I saw a Wizz Air priority check in desk, so I skipped the line. I also had priority boarding included in my fare. There is a fast track at Geneva airport which costs 8 CHF per person (around 6.5€), but as there are no long lines at the airport, is not worth it to purchase it. I was one of the first to board the plane. There was no one sitting next to me, so it was like an Intra - European business class seat. We took off on time. I bought some food on board, as there was no food included in the fare. Landed in Sofia on time. The only problem was that Wizz Air lands in the old terminal at Sofia Airport. I do recommend the airline.
RouteGeneva to Sofia
Date FlownAugust 2017

"cannot afford any better option"

(Azerbaijan)

Trip Verified | Baku to Budapest. I have been flying with a Wizzair for the last 4 years now. I am a student and cannot afford any better option now. Usually there are long lines for check-in in the airport. Very often the boarding was much later that the time that is written on the ticket. So we had to wait 1-2 hours to board to the plane. There is no customer care service! Which is the worst. If you decide to cancel your flight or change your flight - you can forget about your money which you paid for the cancelled ticket. Officially they got some rules written on their website (such as cancellation is free before 14 days of the flight/and there are some charges if you ask to cancel within 14 days). I had to cancel my flights twice. And I asked for cancellation before 14 days. What did I get - I called to the customer care, they misinformed me and told me that I have to write on the website a complaint that I want to cancel my flight - I wrote it and I have been ignored for 10 days - Then I called again to the office, this time the lady says me that the cancellations are made via phone (!) and not their website, which is for special cases (e.g cancellation due to illness), so I will get in any case no refund. I have had two tickets which I wanted to cancel and I got no money/ or no explanation from them at all! Please if you have any options do not pick this airline. All they want is to get more money from you.
RouteBaku to Budapest
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"extra fee system is terrible"

(Lithuania)

Trip Verified | Kaunas to Stavanger. That extra fee system is terrible. If you want extra baggage you need to pay over 50€. You want to select a seat? Pay 6€! If your baggage does not fit in to the cabin, they store it to baggage section. If your flight is 8h late, you can get 3€ coupon - what I’m supposed to do with 3€ in Norway?
RouteKaunas to Stavanger
Date FlownDecember 2017

"nobody gave any information"

Trip Verified | I flew Wizz Air from Bucharest to Paris BVA on January 2nd, a particularly busy time as all expats that have been home for Christmas travel back (most people come with checked-in luggage, and the company knows that in advance). There were 5 fully booked Wizz Air flights departing at 6am, and only 6 people at the check in counters to cover everybody. The chaos was total, nobody gave any information, guidance, priorization, there was not even a clear line, as all passengers were queing in the same place. It took 2hrs just to go through baggage drop. Horrible service, never again this company.
RouteBucharest to Paris BVA