Wizz Air

"cowboy outfit par excellence"

Trip Verified | Recently took a Wizz flight from Luton to Bucharest in Romania, not an enjoyable experience.  Paid extra to take a suitcase, paid extra to reserve seats, paid extra to get priority boarding as my wife had a temporary mobility problem. Also checked in on line to ensure a trouble free departure and booked our cab to arrive early so we could get through and enjoy a coffee while we waited for departure.  So you would thing I did everything right? How wrong was I! On arrival at the Wizz Air check in, the queue was several hundred passengers deep, I pointed out to an official that all we needed to do was check in 1 bag "join the queue" was the terse reply. 55 minutes later, we finally arrived at the check in to be told that our on line check in did not apply, and we had to go the whole procedure again. Wizz Air did not have have enough staff at the check in counters. While 12 desks were "open" only 6 were manned....absolutely pathetic service. The end result was a rush to the departure gate, only to find that everyone was "herded" into a departure lounge that had seating for less than 10% of passengers. Priority boarding passengers were lined up outside the terminal and had to wait in the hot sun (it was an unusually warm English day) while the delayed incoming aircraft was refueled, resulting in several having to force their way back through the queue to get some shade. Altogether a complete shambles. What about the flight I hear you say! The cabin crew were awesome, friendly and helpful. The flight itself was what you would expect from a budget airline, skinny back uncomfortable seats, no in flight entertainment despite a 3 hour flight and of course you have to pay extra for all food and drink. All is not lost though! Christmas is on the way and my grandson wants a cowboy outfit and I intend to buy him Wizz Air, a cowboy outfit par excellence!   ​​​​​​​​​​
RouteLuton to Bucharest
Date FlownJune 2018

"not travel with this airline again"

Trip Verified | Aged 84 and 89 respectively we had the unfortunate pleasure of the worst flight in our experience. First delayed by almost three hours and then called from the lounge to stand on embarkation stairs for well over an hour in intense heat waiting to board when it was obvious the plane was not ready as the original passengers and luggage had not been disembarked. This was followed by a 'flight from hell' with a large family aboard intent on just drinking, with two of their obviously worse for drink ladies consistently drinking and creating havoc, making a misery for everyone close and extremely unhappy. This went on the entire flight. To make matters worse the staff served them alcohol the entire trip obviously the company's policy to increase revenue. So much for strict airline policy on drunken behaviour on planes. The return trip to Luton as a couple we were given separate seats, although there were spare seats available, obviously their object to get extra cash by expecting an additional payment for the privilege of sitting together, which after 63 years of marriage, on principal we would not do. We only travelled with Wizz Air as it was part of a package, but in the future I will make sure we do not travel with this airline again.
RouteLuton to Larnaca

"Horrible customer service"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Flew Wizz Air from Budapest to Sarajevo. Horrible customer service, poor organisation and shoddy explanations for all delays. Worse than Ryanair and thats saying something. Delayed flights and poor ground staff who spent the entire time laughing amongst themselves.
RouteBudapest to Sarajevo

"Appalling customer service"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Luton to Larnaca. Appalling customer service. Upon making the initial booking, the check in didn’t include my middle name on the boarding pass. I’m aware this can be quite problematic, as it doesn’t match my passport, so I called ahead to get this resolved. After waiting a substantial amount of time, the first operator put the phone down “by mistake.” The second updated the details but he made a huge typo, despite the characters in question are on the opposite ends of the keyboard and sound nothing alike - K for Kilo isn’t even remotely close to A for alpha. All in all, it took nearly 2 hours to resolve the issue. I’ve also checked in online for the return journey, as I wanted to sit beside my wife and the random seat generator sat us as far away as possible in order to force us to use the upselling option. I called to see if I could actually get this rectified and if need be, upgrade but the agent was so rude and smug, I actually got off the phone in a bad mood and decided against the upgrade. I won’t be using this budget airline ever again, as I’d rather pay more and receive competent and friendly customer service.
RouteLuton to Larnaca

"attitude is disrespectful"

Not Verified | Luton to Wrocław. Wizz air website/booking system is awkward to use. Their attitude towards customers is disrespectful, with persistent attempts to increase the price after booking (pay to choose seats, deliberately splitting couples up on seat allocation, not being able to check in until 48 hours before departure - it took nearly 2 hours to enter passenger info and print boarding cards (this can be done well in advance on other airlines), having to put cabin baggage in the hold etc). The flights both ran on time, but legroom was the worst I have have experienced from any of the other low quality carriers.
RouteLuton to Wrocław

"Everything was OK"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | Agadir to Budapest. Everything was OK. Smooth. Staff were nice and helpful. Excellent price. Only one thing should be better - more space for legs. Thank you Wizz.
RouteAgadir to Budapest

"good fare offers"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Hannover. I fly with Wizz Air quite often due to their good fare offers and convenient routes. The seats are comfortable enough for a short-haul flight and I don't have a problem with legroom as I'm not very tall. The cabin crew was very friendly and courteous, as usual. What I don't like about them if that they make you check-in your hand luggage most of the time, if it's a trolley. Or they charge you for letting you take it on board. This is really annoying because you always have to wait for your hand luggage at the destination. This particular flight was quite bumpy. There's very little a pilot can do to avoid turbulent weather and I am not one to be easily scared, but this time the flight experience was a little unpleasant. No concerns over safety, though, so I will keep flying with them. The worst thing of all was the boarding experience at Otopeni airport (and the overall condition of the airport). This must be one of the worst, dirtiest and most crowded airports I have even been to and it's getting worse by the month. Again, nothing to do with the airline, but it does ruin the travel experience.
RouteBucharest to Hannover
Date FlownJuly 2018

"no flight without delay"

Trip Verified | Lviv to London. Since we got our direct line of Wizz Air from London to Lviv from 1st May 2018 there has been no flight without delay to go and return. Minimum is half hour to maximum of 6.5 hours (known to me). Otherwise plane is ok-ish, cabin crew very nice and friendly both ways. Food and snacks average.
RouteLviv to London
Date FlownJune 2018

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Rome. This is by far the worst airline I have ever flown on. Here are 3 reasons why: 1) They Charge you for everything. I mean everything. If you don’t have checkin completed before you get to the airport it costs $40 to get one there so you can fly (not an exaggeration). Printing the little piece of paper costs literally as much as the airplane ticket. In addition, there website is so sneaky and tricky that they won’t send an email asking you to confirm or anything. They will make it incredible you difficult to do so they can steal some more money. I had 5 different flights on this trip from several airlines and this was the only one I could not figure out how to check in and spend $40 on that. Also expect to get charged extra if you have any extra bags at all: purse, hand bag, etc. I wouldn’t be surprised if you got charged for entering the plane with gum in your mouth. 2) Staff will treat you poorly. Aside from being charged for everything and nit pick on everything; there is no management in the building to talk to if you have an issue b/c the company is so small they have to hire an outside source at the airport. The staff treats you like criminals checking everything and looking for any little thing they can charge you with. From there you’ll be driven on a bus shuttle to the plane. Literally they are some stingy that you have to sit in the back of the bus if you are not priority. This doesn’t even matter, but it’s just that type of scroungy feel to the whole experience that makes it misserable. 3) They delayed the flight twice overall. I’ve flown about probably 10 or 15 times to places all over the world. I have had some great ones and some rough ones, but this is by far the worst. I will probably never fly with Wizz Air again and I encourage anyone else reading this review to do the same. Pay a little extra because it will literally cost the same amount or less in the end anyway. Plus you’ll be able to at least carry one carry on safely with you to the airport.
RouteVienna to Rome

"Boarding was quick"

Trip Verified | Riga to Luton. I was surprised by the flight and both departure and arrival process. Check in at Riga was swift and quick. May be I was lucky that I had read the booking information reference cabin baggage allowances and knew what to expect. The staff do check bag sizes and weights but that is a standard with most airlines now. Boarding was quick, the slight delay due to a crew change took a matter of minutes. The cabin was clean. On board service was slick and the deals on offer meant you could make some good savings. Arrival at Luton the disembarking was quick.
RouteRiga to Luton