Vietnam Airlines

Vietnam Airlines customer review

My son and I have used Vietnam Airlines several times. Bangkok to Hanoi Hanoi to Hong Kong Vientiane to Phnom Penh and then on to Ho Chi Minh City. No complaints. Good service good food on time no lost luggage and aircraft in excellent condition. I will fly them again this summer from HCMC round-trip to Nha Trang. Nothing to complain about.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Twice this year I have travelled Vietnam Airlines from Australia to the UK in Business Class. Excellent value for money. The best aircraft are the newer A330-200s cabins in better shape and excellent seat recline when compared to the B77-200s which are looking rather tired. Check in easy lounges fine although nothing special transit procedures in Vietnam well co-ordinated by ground staff. Onboard service is consistent catering excellent wines good AVOD rather limited. Despite these minor criticisms I believe that VN offers the best value for money Business Class option from Australia to the UK at present.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

HKG-SGN-DAD-SGN-HKG. My partner and I flew to D'nang with Vietnam airlines. The flight from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh was comfortable. We received a full meal service on board even though the flight was only 2 hours long. Ho Chi Minh itself is a bit of a culture shock. You will need to re-check in for domestic flights. Our connecting flight was cancelled but we were put back onto the next flight. They said we could have dinner in their lounge but none of their lounges knew what the desk was on about and by then it was too late to question it as there is no airline desk once in the departure lounge. Any longer than a one our transit in SGN is far too long!

Vietnam Airlines customer review

I booked Vietnam Airlines as they are the only company that do direct flights to Vietnam - I was travelling with children and wanted to get to Vietnam in the shortest possible time! The stewards were rude and offhand. Three out of four of our entertainment systems and reading lights didn't work and when we asked to be moved they were uninterested and told us there was nothing that could be done and we should just rest! This was a daytime flight with a 6-year old and a 13-year old. We were told to try and get compensation once we were back home.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

For price reasons I travelled Vietnam Airlines last week from Paris - Bangkok (via Hanoi) - Sydney (via Ho Chi Minh) - Paris (via Ho Chi Minh). 1 month ago I travelled Paris - Hanoi return as well. Both times Business class. Service excellent food and wine very good selection noodle soups as snacks available throughout the 13 hour flight served by a smiling crew. Only negative is the flight entertainment system which had the same films for all the above cited flights. Crew told me that the programmes only change every 3 to 4 months due to cost reasons - take your own DVDs along.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Unremarkable short hop from Vientiane to Phnom Penh. Clean comfortable cabin friendly cabin crew. Belgian (I think) captain gave occasional information.

(Vietnam)

SGN to HAN return: Clean 777 each way with competent FA's. Left on time and arrived on time. Vietnam Airlines SMS'd a flight change the way they promised and did so well in advance. Stay away from starboard row 28. There's lots of leg room since it's an exit row but the passenger seats have been "minimized" to accommodate flight attendant seating and are a bit snug for an average sized Westerner.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

3 adults had 4 flights in Business Class Melbourne SGN SGN Moscow Frankfurt SGN SGN Melbourne over September/October. Service on all flights excellent standout was crew on Frankfurt - SGN leg where staff addressed all by name over course of flight. IFE on all flights ok with good range of movies food plentiful and good quality wines good and water provided without request and often. Ground staff helpful in all instances - flights on time and cabins in good shape.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Returned from Hanoi on a very worn out B777. Food was passable. When we discovered that all 3 consoles in our row did not work we asked to move as there appeared to be lots of empty seats requested 2 seats together. The crew member said initially that this was not possible but then said that she had found a pair of seats. My husband went to look and by that time someone else had taken the seats another row with one person sprawled across three seats the flight was not full. Eventually the Consoles did work but not for most of the 12 hour flight when it did finally work I missed the last 45 minutes of a film as the crew collected the headphones. Waited for the loo for ages told a crew member that someone had been in there for a long time and hoped they were OK. Steward knocked on door no response so he opened it to discover it empty problem with a broken lock! I don't think it was used after that.

(Vietnam)

Flew SGN-HAN on a relatively old but well enough maintained B777. Food was pretty good and the FAs were pleasant. Flight left on time and luggage came out quickly. My only complaint is about the standard of food in the business class lounge. Otherwise very good.