Vietnam Airlines

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Travelled to UK/Europe with very few complaints. Very first flight delayed 5 hours meaning we missed our connection in Ho Chi Minh but that was because of a typhoon and although it was a little chaotic when we arrived the airline put us up in a lovely hotel and paid all our meals until we left the following night. Yes the seating is a little cramped the meals average the entertainment system a bit hit and miss but all flight staff seem friendly and helpful and the price was great.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

BKK-SGN-BKK Business. This was a short flight but a reasonably pleasant one. Service was good form crew. On short flights hot meals were served with drinks and refills. There was no need for entertainment so did not pay attention. Planes were A321 - fairly new and clean. No problems on either flights. Lounge at Bangkok was Louis Tavern (a CIP lounge) and fairly basic and VN airlines (Skyteam) lounge at SGN which is bigger and better equipped. All in all good flights.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Flew from Gatwick to HCM. The whole plane was very scruffy the food and entertainment out was ok though only Asian breakfast available and the staff were on the whole pretty good however on the flight home the entertainment system didn't work the food was poor and if possible the plane was even scruffier than the one we flew out in. On the whole until the upgrade their fleet I would not fly with them again. Even if it means having a two stop flight it would still be more desirable than flying with VA.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Flew Gatwick to Hanoi in Deluxe Economy. Possibly the worst quality aircraft I have ever been on. Tatty seats with the covering on the arms falling off dirty and uncomfortable no padding left in the seat cushion and for 11 hours it was uncomfortable. To create a deluxe economy class they have simply removed one row of seats from the economy cabin to give a greater seat pitch no extra width or any other perks whatsoever. Flight attendants were okay food average and inflight entertainment worked. Overall for the extra we paid not worth the money. I would rather fly via Bangkok on a quality premium economy than waste my money with VA again.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

(Thailand)

Bangkok-Hanoi-Seoul-HCMC-Bangkok. Flights from and to Vietnam operated by A321. Check-in was fast onboard was clean new with generous leg room. Food was nice with one drink round. Staff were helpful some robotic but not rude. Flight to Korea on a wide-body A330 new nice interiors very comfortable seats and AVOD with a good selection of films. Same food as on short flight. Return flight however was on B777 with old interior very cramped uncomfortable hard seat and leg room smaller than A320s - all head rests were not functional. Food was good and crew of a good standard. Overall the experience including transit was acceptable. All flights on time.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Domestic flights are great - I have flown them for the past 3 years usually doing at least 3-4 flights each year and both in Economy and Business Class - flights always on time and the staff were helpful and courteous.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Melbourne to Ho Chi Minh. Flight took off late by the time meals were served there were no options left however later they brought us a meal not sure how and why that was not available earlier. Inflight entertainment was not working. Ho Chi Minh to Hong Kong flight was ok. Return to Melbourne from Hong Kong via Ho Chi Minh we were the third to check-in. When I asked if our seats were together we were just brushed away. We boarded only to find out we had the very last seats facing the toilets. After take-off everyone's meals are served and we are the last once again. The senior flight attendant apologised and got us business class meals. Our final leg was Ho Chi Minh to Melbourne. Boarded to realise my husband and myself were separated for the trip. The young man sitting next to my husband offered to swap with me. We would rather pay the extra and travel another airline next time.
Value For Money N/A

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Hanoi to Singapore. Departure delayed. Economy was full so some were upgraded to business. Food was passable IFE consisted of documentaries. The only English language newspaper was Vietnam news. The seat had the old-fashion DC-out power socket but the steward said that there was no power at the seat. I had flown VN a few years ago and it was fine. I would say a notch down from SQ. This time I would say it is several notches down.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Although checking in 3 hours before take-off only the last row was available with an aisle seat. I eventually got a window seat. There was only a single choice for dinner - pork- by the time I was served. At breakfast the trolley passed by me I had to ask if I would be getting breakfast. There was chewing gum residue on the video monitor next to me. The monitors are tiny and the foil had worn out on the "buttons" on mine. The pitch is very tight but the staff at least got passengers to put the seats upright during meals or eating would have been impossible. Very limited film selection was the same on flights in both directions.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

SGN-SIN. Aircraft not very clean and no attention paid to safety - people using mobiles whilst aircraft was moving and bags stowed in front of seats. Unable to deplane at Singapore for 30 minutes. Return to SGN - aircraft parked remotely and passengers bussed to terminal despite half the stands being empty. Not impressed.