Vietnam Airlines

Vietnam Airlines customer review

We used Vietnam Airlines for 2 domestic flights and one short international flight (Hanoi-Siam Reap). All flights were on time and used fairly new Airbus aircraft. Legroom was quite limited but no worse than other short haul flights. Inflight service was limited to a small bottle of water on the domestic flights; we got a small meal on the international flight but the quality was very poor even by airline food standards. I suggest eating beforehand - though not at the airport as options for food/drink at airports in Vietnam were surprisingly bad for a country with such great food. I bought the tickets on the Vietnam Airlines website without any problems; the domestic flights were very good value (about $60 each) the international flights rather less so.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

London Gatwick to HCMC on 19 Dec 2012 returned 5 Jan 2013. Booked seats in Deluxe Economy giving you a little more seat space and leg room. As soon as we boarded (both flights on time) and took our seats we were offered juice or water and a cold towel wipe. Staff brought round the menu's and you could chose from an Asian or European style meal. The food was good and you got metal cutlery! You could also chose drinks from beers wines spirits soft drinks - all free of charge. After dinner the lights dimmed enabling you to sleep and take advantage of the complimentary pillows and blankets or make use of the in-flight entertainment with complimentary headphones. During the flight staff didn't always come round sometimes you had to go to them or press your attention button. A couple of hours from the end of the flight breakfast was served again a choice between an Asian or European style meal. Overall our flight was great I would definitely fly with them again and upgrading to Deluxe Economy seems to be the way forward. We also had an internal flight from Nha Trang to HCMC this was 30 mins delayed but staff were friendly and the flight was good.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Vietnam Airlines customer review

DAD-SGN. Short flight from Da Nang to Saigon on new A320 aircraft. Our original flight was cancelled so we were put on the later flight. Fearing we would miss our connection to Dubai at Ho Chi Minh we suggested we all take more hand luggage. Check in people said they would ensure our bags got there quickly and gave our checked bags business class tags and put us near the front of the plane. Service on board was simple but acceptable for short flight. Very comfortable. When we landed we were all allowed to travel with the business customers on the first coach to the baggage reclaim. Bags were first off within 3 minutes of arriving. Very impressed. We did not miss our connection!

(Thailand)

LGW-BKK via SGN. Plane was very old and looked unclean. Seats were rock hard and leg room was insufficient due to some a box under the seat in front of me. No entertainment apart from big screen at front of plane. Food and staff on board ok. At check in I asked for exit row seats and was told they were all taken I couldn't understand as I was first in the queue for check in and there was no web check in. Would not recommend.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Flew economy on domestic A321 from Danang to Hanoi. Plane was in a good condition. Leg space was really good more than larger carriers' economy class. Though it was a short flight no food was provided. A packet of snacks or a sandwich would be great. Service was good. Flight was smooth. The only thing was that the flight I originally booked for was cancelled so I had to take the later flight.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Flew Gatwick - Bangkok (via Hanoi) and returned via Ho Chi Minh City. Going out was fine flight was fine food fine although entertainment system awful and old about 3 choices of film which for a 13 hour flight is not sufficient. Coming home awful. Woman dropped my boyfriends passport down the side of her desk finally mechanics came and took the desk apart and found the passport. Got to Ho Chi Minh City was 9.30pm flight to Gatwick was due to be midnight but had been delayed to 9am next day. Waited 3 hours in airport to be told what was going on not offered any water no shops to buy anything. Then taken to a hotel. The next day coming back sat around for 2 hours without being told what was going on. No apologies or anything. The most disorganised airline. Will never use again.

(Poland)

PRG-CDG-HAN skyteam elite member. Economy class segment: PRG-CDG on Airbus a321. Seat ok. Had emergency exit seat (not upon request). No seat in front so leg space enough. No view outside due to lack of window. 4 small biscuits as a snack - poor for a 1.5 hr flight. Stopover in CDG: a nice 30 min walk between the 2 gates. In the mean time went to the check in counter to ask for a window seat. Upon arrival at the gate I asked about the seat and immediately received upgrade to economy plus cabin. I took advantage of the possibility to go to the Air France lounge. Seat was great legroom more than ok. Food is as usual on VN very good. Rice noodles upon request during the night. PTV (a little outdated system that takes time to get along with). Overall a good experience.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Just had a return trip LGW-BKK out via Hanoi return via HCMC. Outward flight was approx 1 hour late from LGW within an hour of the flight we had been given the food! Menu for the opposite direction and I had sussed out my in flight entertainment didn't work when meals were served I was asked what I wanted from the menu! I told them and they didn't have it the correct menu was taped to the trolley. In Hanoi I had a 3 hour connection you can't change money 'airside' in Vietnam meaning I couldn't eat or drink. Return journey connection was also 3 hours in HCMC but was actually 11.5 hours we were put up in a hotel but it took almost 3 hours for Vietnam airlines to organise it. When we eventually got going there was no apology from cabin crew or captain of plane and arrived LGW 15.20 instead of 06.45 on Dec 1st.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Flew Sydney-HMC-London in September (inflight entertainment did not work). Returned in November (inflight entertainment did not work) seemed like this was pretty normal as none of the cabin crew seemed surprised. Wife became ill on the flight and noticing that there were very few in business class I asked if she could be moved to get some fresher air (just until she felt better) I was given an abrupt 'these seats are only for business class passengers'.

Vietnam Airlines customer review

Flew business class end October Paris-Hanoi-Sydney and Sydney-HCMH-Paris in business class. A main reason for using VN long haul to Asia is that you get 12hrs legs which allows for good time to work eat watch movie and get real night sleep. Love the noodle snack option. 777's are dated the IFE gets changed every couple of months so on my itinerary I quickly ran out of options. You get 6-8 hours transit time in Vietnam allowing a quick visit to downtown. All in all I find VN business service good value for money.