United Airlines

(China)

The in-flight service and cabin cleanliness was terrible. I have flown this flight before it has been fine. This time around the flight staff were rude or off-handish. One flight attendant abruptly placed the food tray stating 'only chicken' when another flight attendant actually had pasta. When questioned we were spoken to rudely. The toilets were not cleaned on other airlines they clean as you go. My wife mentioned to the flight attendants and their reply was 'you should see the rest of China' - we actually live in Beijing. They also said that she should wait until Beijing when it will be cleaned. Also in years past (18 years I have been flying with UAL) United had been much better. Flight attendants didn't know when to turn lights on or off or when they were suppose to start the food/beverage services. Where has the United I once knew gone?

United Airlines customer review

MEL-SYD-LAX-IAH-GIG. Paid an economy ticket and was upgraded on all flights to Business using one global credit. Service out of Melbourne was superb - attentive crew and a light load. Out of Sydney the flight was full but again the crew were attentive and service was fairly good. The flight LAX/IAH was particularly good - the crew were amazing. The last flight IAH-GIG was superior - the 772 was much newer than the one used on the SYD-LAX route and crew did not disappear for hours in the middle of the flight. The dinners were good but the breakfasts average. Considering the price paid for the ticket I was pleasantly impressed. All flights left on time and arrived on schedule or ahead of schedule. After 39 hours of travel time I was left feeling not too bad!

United Airlines customer review

I have flown with United Airlines multiple times so this is no "one time" incident. To have a something go wrong is almost unavoidable. My last experience for example was the last flight of a series of flights from Prague to New Orleans if only it were that easy. The final flight from Washington to New Orleans was supposed to leave at 6:50. There was a "late inbound aircraft arrival" which kept us all in the airport for 3 hours constantly being reassured that the flight would be there shortly. I wish I could say that this incident was the only time it has happened but unfortunately this is a feeling quite familiar to a United Aircraft flyer.

United Airlines customer review

July 23rd GRR-ORD-LAX-LAS and on July 29th LAS-DEN-GRR. The staff at United were so friendly and helpful! The flights were easy quick and problem free. Even with an hour delay between connections we made it into our destination on time! We needed to change our seats so we could sit together and the attendants at both gates were quick and friendly about helping us!

United Airlines customer review

8am flight from Winnipeg to Chicago cancelled 12 hours early due to weather. How the airline knew there would be weather issues that far in advance is beyond me. The earlier flight and the later flight taking the same route went as scheduled. Was re-booked unknown to me with an overnight in Denver (final destination was Tampa). After much difficulty finding a number for the airline was able to get a different flight however leaving Aug 6th instead of 5th. Then asked to be refunded the checked baggage fee and was told I have to do that myself online. Checked the weather this morning and the skies between Winnipeg and Chicago all clear. Will stay clear of United from now on.

United Airlines customer review

We sent our son 11 years old from San Francisco to Austin TX for a trip on his own. When we were booking his flight on united.com it said that there was a mandatory $300 airline service fee for unaccompanied minors if a child is under 12. The $300 was supposed to pay for a mandatory "unaccompanied minor service". According to them the fee will give the child a United representative to be of help at all times. When we got to the airport though we learned that the "service" was a scam and that they weren't going to do anything for my son. We thought they were going to help him through security and onto the gate but no. They told us that we could have gate passes and go through the security line and help him onto his flight. We were expecting them to help my son for anything he needed but it seemed that they were treating him like he was an adult and didn't care that he was going on a flight all by himself. Today he is supposed to come back from Austin but his flight is delayed due to technical difficulties for 5 hours and instead of taking care of my son as I have paid them to do so I they instead have called my son's aunt whom my son was living with in Austin and asked her to come and wait with my son for the duration of the time. We are wondering why we have paid this fee and what it even includes. When his aunt went to tell the the airline service that my son has the unaccompanied minor service they told her that they don't care and that she must wait in the line like everyone else. This is horrible service and is terrible compared to other airlines. I will not be flying with United Airlines after this experience.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

United has become a terrible airline since the merger with Continental. The service customer focus and experience have all declined in the past few years. United no longer values loyal customers and it is evident by their service and how they treat their loyal members. I have been a loyal member for 20 years and have decided it is time to find another airline who will treat their passengers better and create a better flight and service experience. The delays also have been horrendous lately with waiting for flight crews to arrive.

United Airlines customer review

We flew home from Germany to Alberta Canada we had a stop over in Chicago IL. United Airlines had the worst service we have ever had from an airline company. The people were very unhelpful. Here is what happened an explanation of why we are so disappointed. The customer service was the worst we have had. It was our honeymoon we boarded our initial flight in Barcelona Spain with a different airline they flew us to Germany at which point we were to get on our UA flight. The first thing that annoyed us was that the UA airline baggage people didn't even make an effort to get our luggage on our first UA flight (this is something we didn't find out until we were already in Chicago). The lady we spoke to in Chicago simply said "you had a short layover and in cases like that we don't get the luggage because its too difficult." Once we were in Chicago and realized our baggage hadn't made it onto our plane we were told that it would be very easy to give the UA baggage office our address and they would ship them to us the next day. So we landed in Calgary (an hour late) and went to the UA baggage office to report our missing bags and give our address to them. We waited at their office for 1.5 hrs. This was a very frustrating experience in regards to the baggage and customer service. On a final note I would not recommend traveling with United Airlines (Lufthansa)!

United Airlines customer review

Flew Houston-Denver in Economy Plus. UAL charges you extra for deplorable seats. So narrow that the normal sized guy next to me was half in my seat. And the so called extra leg room is a scant 3 inches more for $50. The guy in front reclined his seat all the way ans I thought I was in a tiny cage. UAL charges for AV service. The snack pack for $8 was just OK. The flight staff was friendly - the only positive about this airline.

United Airlines customer review

United Airlines business or first class to Aruba is very bad. Misleading advertising service and claimed equipment is false. No inflight entertainment as advertised. No video or music in First Class. Seats tray and pockets all dirty with food and garbage from last passenger. This was a brand new plane and in first class the seats were so close I could not get out of my seat without disturbing the passenger in front of me or to my side. Food was spoiled with rancid oil used. Staff could care less. Not even power for my laptop to get work done. Wi-Fi entertainment power all advertised and paid for but got none of it. All bait and switch. This was a blatant rip-off of a consumer. Make you pay for services and then you don't get them.