United Airlines

Customer rating from 1947 reviews

United Airlines customer review

I used to like flying United but the last couple of trips have really make me think about other airlines. I had to fly to Honolulu in January to take care of my mom for 2 weeks. They canceled my departing flight. My flight from Houston was delayed 2 hours and there was no personal TV on the flight. Flying home it was the same. I had to return to Honolulu in Feb. The flight to and from had no personal TV. I am not a savy personal and do not have I- pads or any personal electronics (and there were many other people like me on the plane) so using Wi-Fi did us no good. Sitting on the plan for 8 hrs plus with no entertainment really did not go over well.

United Airlines customer review

May 27 through June 10 2014. The customer service for this airline really needs to be greatly improved. I book my flights in advance so I can have what I want and schedule what I am doing when I get there. So to have my flights canceled and rebooked for a flight that doesn't even come close to when my connecting flight leaves the airport is a bit stupid. Now I have to have a longer flight just to get where I want to go by flying in the opposite direction of where I want to go. To top it all off I wasn't even notified of the change. Now I have to change my plans so I can accommodate the airlines wishes. Next time I think I will book with another company that I have had no problems with.

United Airlines customer review

Hong Kong to Newark on March 1. Flight crew was tired and cranky with bad attitudes across the board. One in- flight announcement was literally a snide "buckle your seat belt it's bumpy". Where other airlines turn a galley into a quasi-lounge area during such a long flight (15 hours) we were told there was to be no loitering around the galley or toilet areas. I will avoid this airline as much as possible in future. The only positives were the entertainment system and that the flight was on time.

United Airlines customer review

My wife and a friend were flying to San Francisco last night and their flight was delayed from 8pm to 9.30pm. When they were finally on board they found that no meals of any kind were available on the 5 hour flight to the destination. My wife was only able to get two small glasses of water and a glass of tomato juice. If this is a sample of the way that United Airlines treats it's passengers these days we won't be booking any travel with them in the future.

United Airlines customer review

United cancelled our flight to Florida about 16 hours prior to our trip. You would think that with 16 hours to work with they could find a way to get a plane to the city I live in. Our travel agent had to scramble to make alternate arrangements with another airline. Now we are going to have to spend over twelve hours travelling and stop at one more airport. I am very angry with United's lack of compassion with our dilemma and diligence at arranging alternate flights to get us to our destination. I will never book with United Airlines again!

United Airlines customer review

EWR to AUA round trip business class. The flights were the flights from hell. The crew was unpleasant. The plane was very old and should have been retired long ago. The food if you want to call it that was awful to say the least. I'm easy going and I couldn't find anything positive to say. Save your money and never go UA business class.

United Airlines customer review

Traveled to Denver from Rochester NY on United twice in the past month. Every plane had a mechanical problem resulting in having to re-book multiple flights because of missed connections. In January I sat on the Tarmac for 3 hours in Rochester because someone had forgotten to drain the water out and it took that long to de-ice. On my return flight from Denver I had to be re-booked 3 times due to mechanical issues and sat in the airport for 8 hours. The only reason I finally got out was because a connecting flight from Idaho landed too late and they refused to hold the plane. In my most recent flight out of Rochester in February the altimeter was broken and we waited 6 hours for parts to be flown in from Atlanta. Oh and - I had paid extra for aisle seats in Economy Plus and ended up in the middle seat in the back of the plane. Now I have to contact Customer Service as no one in the Service Center in the Denver Airport is authorized to do so. I am dreading the return flight home. I will be flying on other carriers from now on.

United Airlines customer review

Just arrived at my hotel after a horrendous 24-hour trip from Montreal to Honolulu. The missed connection and re- routing through LAX was bad enough but I guess winter weather is a reality. What is not acceptable is this new DirecTV-United deal for in-flight "entertainment". Now in addition to having to pay extra for a poor sandwich wrap they've got the gall to make you cough up extra to watch a movie. I object to paying for what is standard on other airlines. They take your money $1000-2000 and then expect you to pay for a movie - or even a flight map. Of course they'll say it's only $6-8 for DirecTV and provides access to many TV channels as well.

United Airlines customer review

EWR-ZRH onboard 767-400. Rolled away from gate right on time landed in Zurich one hour early. 2-1-2 business class configuration great if traveling alone. Had center single seat which was comfortable and private. Classic movies on IFE was wonderful. Food was decent. Service was efficient but indifferent. Definitely no smiles.

United Airlines customer review

Terrible service unless you are some sort of elite status traveler. This airline wouldn't let me pick my seats during on-line check in. Assigned me and my 9 year old son Exit row seats because the flight was completely oversold. When I advised gate attendant that a 9 year old would be in the exit row they stated that I "shouldn't have agreed to the terms and conditions of those seats". Told to leave my boarding passes and they would fix it. After 40 minutes everyone else gets on plane I go up to find out what's going on and I'm then given back my original boarding passes and told to get on the plane and they would fix it there. Onboard told to see the 2nd attendant. The 2nd attendant tells me I can't sit in the exit row with a child. An attendant moved 2 people out of their seats into the exit row and then snidely says to me "See. that wasn't so bad was it?". I've taken 4 United round trips in the last 5 years and pretty much determined that this kind of attitude is common.