United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

United Airlines business or first class to Aruba is very bad. Misleading advertising service and claimed equipment is false. No inflight entertainment as advertised. No video or music in First Class. Seats tray and pockets all dirty with food and garbage from last passenger. This was a brand new plane and in first class the seats were so close I could not get out of my seat without disturbing the passenger in front of me or to my side. Food was spoiled with rancid oil used. Staff could care less. Not even power for my laptop to get work done. Wi-Fi entertainment power all advertised and paid for but got none of it. All bait and switch. This was a blatant rip-off of a consumer. Make you pay for services and then you don't get them.

United Airlines customer review

YWG-ORD BUF-ORD. My flight was supposed to be at 6am but they had us waiting for 2 hours before they cancelled it they rebooked me on a flight that was 11 hours later. On the same trip going back from Buffalo the flight was 3 hours late worst flight experience ever. I know flying United is sometimes cheaper but its not even worth it.

United Airlines customer review

I flew 3 times with UA during our July 2014 vacations: a round trip Houston-Managua and Houston-Munich. 1) Houston-Managua-Houston: a 3 hour trip and neither a packet of peanuts nor a coke to offer. All was chargeable but water. Never experienced it before with a major airline. 2) Houston-Munich: Firstly our initial flight was cancelled after a 4 hours wait. Ground staff overwhelmed. We waited 2 hours more for rebooking on next day flight they lodged us for overnight in a poor hotel. When finally we took the next days flight crew on board were unpleasant neither a smile nor a "thank you" especially for the offloaded passenger of the previous day. Lunch and breakfast were unacceptable except for pets. Frankly I'm not a demanding guy nor a pain but I will never take this airline anymore.

United Airlines customer review

I booked a straight flight from Washington Dulles to Toronto CA. Keep in mind that this was a weekend trip and I was supposed to return Monday afternoon. My departing flight was scheduled for 3.20pm and we boarded around 4pm. The pilot announced that the door could not close completely so we had to wait for an Engineer to fix it. We waited on the plane for an hour. The Engineer came and it took an additional 30 minutes. We got on the runway then the pilot announced that Toronto had issued a no-fly restriction due to severe thunderstorms. We waited on the runway for an hour. They took us back to the terminal and after about 2 0minutes it was time to take off again. We got back on the runway went to the same spot to prepare for take-off when the pilot announced that Toronto Intl. issued another no-fly restriction and we had to wait 30 more minutes. So we did. Then later they called the plane off the runway and cancelled the flight. It took 2 hours to get to customer service so they could help me get on another flight. The Agents were so rude and barely attempted to help me find something that would take me to Toronto that night! Ended up booking me on a 5.45am flight Saturday morning. I left Washington Airport at 11pm. Saturday morning I got on a connecting flight through Texas. What was supposed to be a straight flight to Toronto took 6 hours! To make matters worse my new booking was out of Reagan Airport so I had to adjust my return flight. They gave me a flight back on Air Canada (the Toronto to Chicago leg). I stood in line to check in and learned from the agent at Air Canada that United never officially reserved the seat for me. I had to run to United get them to reserve the flight give me a print out so that I could return to Air Canada. I connected in Chicago. The United flight from Chicago to DC was hour late. I lost time money and sleep. United had no compassion and was unapologetic.

United Airlines customer review

After taking a red-eye from San Francisco I was bumped from my flight. It happens the planes were switched but the very blatant tension selection of those who got left behind was very frustrating. The customers left behind had booked their flight well in advance and there seemed to be a consistent trait we were connectors from SF. The question of whether I was in for an adventure aka a delayed flight to a completely different location was condescending. No apology until I dealt with a woman at the end of the process. She treated the situation with sensitivity and realized that as a traveler and customer this could possibly be stressful and frustrating. As their customer it seemed like my Sunday was worth less than everyone on the plane. Perhaps they should under board planes not over board them to make more money.

United Airlines customer review

HKG-SFO July 28 2014 Economy Plus. Quite simply the worst over-pacific flight I've had (I've had about 70+). The United International Economy Plus product is quite simply one of the worst available when aboard a crusty old 747. The IFE was antiquated and the movies were b-movies at best. The plane is old and crusty and desperately in need of an update. Flight attendants were indifferent and nearly tossed meal trays onto your fold down tray. Seats were dilapidated. Flight took off and landed late. This United international product is sub-standard and should be an embarrassment to United Airlines. With Star Alliance partners ANA and Asiana both offering superior product at same price why would anyone fly United? Quite simply the other airlines do a better job on these routes.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

United Airlines customer review

LHR-ORD-LHR. Initial impressions of United were not great as I attempted to check in online only to find that their website system 'could not check you in at this time' after going through the whole process! United now operate from the new terminal 2 at Heathrow which is a big improvement. However upon boarding it was noticeable that the 767 was quite old (pre Boeing 'signature interior' and my seat was uncomfortable. The IFE system is also outdated and was unreliable. However the flight was punctual. The check in system for my return flight ORD-LHR was poor. Initial check in at the airport required using an automated terminal but I could not select a seat as these are allocated at the gate. It is then necessary to queue again to be allocated a seat. There is also not enough space in the departure area to accommodate everyone travelling on the flight. The onboard conditions were also similar on the return flight to the outbound (same aircraft type) except that I was bumped down into the standard economy section from the Economy Plus section. As someone who is 6ft plus this meant squeezing into a cramped seat with minimal legroom - totally unsuitable for a lengthy flight. In addition they ran out of meal choices so passengers had to 'get what they are given'. United also have a stingy policy of charging for alcoholic drinks at inflated prices. Once again the seat was not comfortable and the IFE system was not even working this time. Thankfully arrival was slightly early and the arrival process at Heathrow was most efficient. I will try to avoid flying with United again until they improve the quality of their product.

United Airlines customer review

HNL-ORD. Overnight in a B777-200. United is refurbishing these aircrafts-and we wished they would hurry it up! No sound A/V Wi-Fi. No entertainment whatsoever (but at least no one had worked the Sudoku in my "Hemispheres" mag.). My seat worked ok but my wife had to manually lift the leg support on hers and couldn't unhinge the foot rest. Then in addition the reading light for her seat wouldn't turn off. On-board staff were great: sincerely apologetic for the lack of amenities profusely sympathetic about the seat problems. Service was excellent. Dinner was very good breakfast less so but still appreciated. This could be a very good trip once the planes are fixed up.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

United Airlines customer review

LAX-ORD-FRA-EWR-LAX last month. All flights arrived on time with no major issues. ORD-FRA on 747 and FRA-EWR on 777. Had upper deck on the 747 and it's the best place on the plane. Less people in a much more secluded environment. On both directions the crew was congenial and the service was top notch. I appreciated being thanked for my business and for flying UA. The United Club in EWR was a bit crowded for my liking but overall a great experience on all 4 legs. I fly almost every week and they tend to get me where I need to go on-time.

United Airlines customer review

I boarded UAL 771 July 25th SFO to LAX. I had an International flight to catch on another airline. While I have had my share of grumpy UAL flight attendants I immediately noticed a different energy in the FC cabin when I entered (I bought FC - it was not a complimentary upgrade). There were two male flight attendants being warm and welcoming. They were constantly seeing what passengers needed (it was a 24 seat 757). They knew how to handle every request and not just with a sterile perfunctory smile. The mood among all of the passengers was noticeably different. I'm not sure that many of UAL's FA's know how significant they are in creating an energy on the plane among the people by the way they welcome and serve the passengers. Most FA's know how to serve a cup of water. That does not take much skill. However to serve the water and give the sense that it is done graciously is something else.
Cabin FlownFirst Class