United Airlines

United Airlines customer review

I write this review sitting in the Milwaukee Wisconsin airport. My flight from Milwaukee to Chicago has been first cancelled then delayed twice. I should have driven to Chicago. Missed two connecting flights. Should have bee in Hartford CT at 10am then 2pm now 4pm. What an absolute joke. When an airline can't provide adequate service from Milwaukee to Chicago they should just fold up their tent and go home. Don't pretend to be a transportation service when you can't transport people as promised. Scheduled this trip specifically to attend a theatre production produced by a friend. Attending that event despite my best planning is being placed in jeopardy by this airline.

United Airlines customer review

The worst airlines I have flown in years! Kiosks were confusing and not enough help to use them. Both round trip flights from Boston to San Francisco were packed to the gills. Seats were terrible and cramped and it felt like you were sardines. Absolutely no snacks at all! Food offerings looked so bad even the staff said not to buy most of them. They have the audacity on the flight back to charge passengers for direct TV with no free channels at all! No cool circulating air so it felt suffocating! Seats terrible and uncomfortable. Staff agreed with our complaints. Flight was one hour late getting into Boston.

United Airlines customer review

HKG-SFO July 28 2014 Economy Plus. Quite simply the worst over-pacific flight I've had (I've had about 70+). The United International Economy Plus product is quite simply one of the worst available when aboard a crusty old 747. The IFE was antiquated and the movies were b-movies at best. The plane is old and crusty and desperately in need of an update. Flight attendants were indifferent and nearly tossed meal trays onto your fold down tray. Seats were dilapidated. Flight took off and landed late. This United international product is sub-standard and should be an embarrassment to United Airlines. With Star Alliance partners ANA and Asiana both offering superior product at same price why would anyone fly United? Quite simply the other airlines do a better job on these routes.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

United Airlines customer review

LHR-ORD-LHR. Initial impressions of United were not great as I attempted to check in online only to find that their website system 'could not check you in at this time' after going through the whole process! United now operate from the new terminal 2 at Heathrow which is a big improvement. However upon boarding it was noticeable that the 767 was quite old (pre Boeing 'signature interior' and my seat was uncomfortable. The IFE system is also outdated and was unreliable. However the flight was punctual. The check in system for my return flight ORD-LHR was poor. Initial check in at the airport required using an automated terminal but I could not select a seat as these are allocated at the gate. It is then necessary to queue again to be allocated a seat. There is also not enough space in the departure area to accommodate everyone travelling on the flight. The onboard conditions were also similar on the return flight to the outbound (same aircraft type) except that I was bumped down into the standard economy section from the Economy Plus section. As someone who is 6ft plus this meant squeezing into a cramped seat with minimal legroom - totally unsuitable for a lengthy flight. In addition they ran out of meal choices so passengers had to 'get what they are given'. United also have a stingy policy of charging for alcoholic drinks at inflated prices. Once again the seat was not comfortable and the IFE system was not even working this time. Thankfully arrival was slightly early and the arrival process at Heathrow was most efficient. I will try to avoid flying with United again until they improve the quality of their product.

United Airlines customer review

HNL-ORD. Overnight in a B777-200. United is refurbishing these aircrafts-and we wished they would hurry it up! No sound A/V Wi-Fi. No entertainment whatsoever (but at least no one had worked the Sudoku in my "Hemispheres" mag.). My seat worked ok but my wife had to manually lift the leg support on hers and couldn't unhinge the foot rest. Then in addition the reading light for her seat wouldn't turn off. On-board staff were great: sincerely apologetic for the lack of amenities profusely sympathetic about the seat problems. Service was excellent. Dinner was very good breakfast less so but still appreciated. This could be a very good trip once the planes are fixed up.

United Airlines customer review

LAX-ORD-FRA-EWR-LAX last month. All flights arrived on time with no major issues. ORD-FRA on 747 and FRA-EWR on 777. Had upper deck on the 747 and it's the best place on the plane. Less people in a much more secluded environment. On both directions the crew was congenial and the service was top notch. I appreciated being thanked for my business and for flying UA. The United Club in EWR was a bit crowded for my liking but overall a great experience on all 4 legs. I fly almost every week and they tend to get me where I need to go on-time.

United Airlines customer review

I boarded UAL 771 July 25th SFO to LAX. I had an International flight to catch on another airline. While I have had my share of grumpy UAL flight attendants I immediately noticed a different energy in the FC cabin when I entered (I bought FC - it was not a complimentary upgrade). There were two male flight attendants being warm and welcoming. They were constantly seeing what passengers needed (it was a 24 seat 757). They knew how to handle every request and not just with a sterile perfunctory smile. The mood among all of the passengers was noticeably different. I'm not sure that many of UAL's FA's know how significant they are in creating an energy on the plane among the people by the way they welcome and serve the passengers. Most FA's know how to serve a cup of water. That does not take much skill. However to serve the water and give the sense that it is done graciously is something else.

United Airlines customer review

Flight from ORD to Edinburgh was first delayed and then cancelled at 7pm due to "aircraft maintenance". We were told to stay at the gate where a 'recover' team would rebook us onto other flights. It took each agent about 15 minutes to deal with each customer and then after standing in line for an hour we were told that we had to leave the gate as it was needed for another flight. We were told to go and join the back of the long queue at the Customer Services desk across the hall. After standing in line for almost another hour we were told that the best that could be done would be to put us on the flight the next day. Luckily I checked and found an American Airlines flight to London Heathrow leaving at 9.40pm that night with an onward connection to Edinburgh with British Airways. The American and BA staff were courteous and helpful unlike the United staff who didn't seem to give a damn.

United Airlines customer review

UA982 12/23/2013. United provided me with the worst traveling experience of my life. I spent 24 hours in Kuwait City airport after a cancelled flight. United gave me the run-around promising flight after flight which were all already overbooked. The only compensation I received was a complimentary hotel room. I got to the hotel at 1.30am and they took me back to the airport at 4am to catch a flight that was of course overbooked. I finally got a flight (on a different airline) 12 hours later. I understand that some circumstances simply cannot be helped. That is the gamble that goes along with travel. It is the being lied to and treated so poorly which made my experience so terrible.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

United Airlines customer review

I have flown UA 4 times from DEN-LGA over the last 2 months; As a Gold card holder I have been upgraded on 5/8 segments. Surprisingly all flights have been on time and even one landed 20 min early. In First UA is decent though they could learn from Delta about better food. All crew were friendly and actually smiled and were chatty with passengers. In Coach most crew also seemed decent and I like their snack boxes. Main problem is lack of consistent product with some aircraft with Wi-Fi some with PTVs and some with nothing. DEN and SFO based crews clearly nicer then EWR based ones.