Spirit Airlines

Customer rating from 2091 reviews

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight from Houston to Las Vegas was as bad as it could be. No Service no room and not on time. The only good thing is my bags made the trip.

Spirit Airlines customer review

An awful flight experience for me. I flew from Las Vegas to Philadelphia and we were delayed. The announcement explained that the delay was waiting for the flight attendants. I shouldn't complain though because while waiting in the terminal other Spirit airlines flights were being canceled all over the place. When we finally boarded the plane it was pretty dirty. The seats had graffiti everywhere and there was still trash from previous flights scattered all over the place. The flight attendants were obnoxious during the flight they did nothing but sit in their seats and play games on each others phones. Regardless of the money you save by booking with Spirit the bag fees are extremely expensive and you have to pay for everything once inflight. I would recommend eating before boarding. I actually wouldn't even recommend boarding. Almost every flight they had that day was delayed or canceled. And if you have luxury of needing to speak with customer service expect a worst case scenario for your travel arrangements.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I booked a flight for two to Oakland from Dallas. Fares seemed great. Luckily I read all the fine print as you should too. The fare you pay is a fare. Seats are extra ranging in price up front aisle window etc. Baggage is extra as in most carriers but it will cost you much much more if you don't pay on line as much as $100 at the gate. Print your boarding passes at home if not the is a $10 per convenience fee at the counter. Everything cost on the flight water $3 etc. the flight there was on time but it was the most uncomfortable flight I've ever experienced. Seats don't recline landing it neck strain and headache. Flight back was on an older plane and seat and head rest were much more comfortable. Flight was delayed 7 hours though on line it said 30 minutes. Staff were very friendly.

(Costa Rica)

I booked a round trip from my homeland Costa Rica to New York (La Guardia) last October. No delays (we had two connection flights in Fort Lauderdale with the same result) a positive attitude from the staff a decent A320 aircraft and even more important: no last-hour or surprise fees! If you're not traveling light pay the fee for the bags at the moment of the transaction and select (buy) your seats. The snack menu is poor please eat something before you board the plane. Don't expect a lot of legroom (I'm tall and slim but I never felt really uncomfortable). I made all my trip with a standard size backpack and it was free of charge! With this airline you get what you paid for do not expect more.

Spirit Airlines customer review

RT MSP-LAX-MSP week of Feb 3. Booked with 8 days notice through the web site which worked fine. Opted for available big up front seats paid for checked baggage (1 bag) both ways and still over $400 less than my usual airline Delta. That's too much of a difference to overlook. Service was fine equipment is A319/320 seats a bit worn but plenty big. Will use again. Do your homework eat ahead bring a book and it's all good.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I would never recommend Spirit Airlines. My sister's flight from Atlanta to Chicago was delayed in Atlanta. She actually sat on the runway for over an hour while her connecting flight from Ft. Lauderdale left on time. Spirit knew she would miss her connecting flight and still allowed her to go to Ft. Lauderdale. They then only offered to put her on the next flight at 7 am the next morning. If cheap is what you want do yourself a favor take a bus.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Still amazes me at how long it's taking Americans - based upon reviews below - to appreciate the European import of the budget airline concept. This ATL-DFW Saturday night flight was my 3rd Spirit flight each at an unbeatable fare with excellent service. No surprises except for the very nice FA's wasn't expecting such a positive attitude from them. Also this was the first of my 3 flights that wasn't oversold had an entire row to myself! On the down side there is very little personal space don't get stuck in a middle seat of your over 5'6".

Spirit Airlines customer review

NK 195 Jan 31 2014 from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale. NK 676 Feb 2 2014 from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. The leaving and the returning back home was awful. The attendants are rude with attitudes and no respect. The fact that I paid a full ticket price and checked in online to then arrive at the airport and have to pay an extra $50 for each bag and when I requested a window seat I got to sit both ways in a middle seat. In addition the gates were changed and no notification was given throughout the whole process. When all passengers were finally sitting in the plane and ready to leave they kept us for 25 mins sitting on the runway without A/C and no explanation. I will avoid traveling with Spirit unless I have no other choice.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew December 21st to 24th. The flight crew were nice but what I do not like is that they do not give anything to customers like water peanuts or pretzels and Coca Cola. I am a tall person and I was sat next to the aisle it didn't give me enough legroom in my seat. When I was returning from Orlando to Detroit Metro Airport I was dropped off at 5.40 at Orlando security allowed us to come back to the main terminal building because our flight was delayed. I was stuck at the airport for 4 hours. I will never fly them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Fort Lauderdale Las Vegas for $256 ticket paid a total of $510 after seating and carry on! On top of the extra charges you get horrible customer service and delays. Will never fly with Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]