Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flew Spirit for the first time for a trip to Las Vegas. Horrible! Very cramped. I complained to my friend who was sitting beside me and was then harassed by the flight attendant. Will never fly with them ever again. They don't inform you that there is no entertainment and no food or beverage service. You can purchase a beverage or snack but only by credit card. Customers should be made aware of this.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Last month traveled with my husband and daughter. We had a connecting flight from Dallas to Chicago which was delayed twice finally they boarded us and brought us back to the gate due the weather and was told flight would be delayed an hour but later it was canceled and next flight offered was not until two days later. No accommodation was offered and crew at the desk had no idea what they were doing. I paid $1100 dollars to take A flight back to Chicago with A different airline. Worst airline and customer service I have ever had.

Spirit Airlines customer review

First and last time I will fly with this airline. The crew were friendly and helpful but that is where the good things stop. Their "low price" only gets you a ticket unless you want to fly on the wing or cargo hold. You have to pay extra for any seat baggage fees are far more than any other airline and you can't even fly with a carry on much larger than a purse or you pay $30.00. Once we landed we waited for about an hour just to get our bags. The management of Spirit airlines seems to be working very hard at making this airline the worst of the worst.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I've flown Spirit 5 times in the last three months. Every single flight has been significantly late. My flight tonight was scheduled to depart at 9pm now saying delayed until 10.30. It's not weather I checked. And all the other flights are running on time. Delay delay delay. The equipment is fine and the staff are friendly so as long as you don't actually need to get to your destination its not bad.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I was flying back from Vegas into Oakland and my plane was 5 hours late due to not having a flight crew. They had to fly in a crew from Detroit. We got no warning even though they had to know that the crew wouldn't be there on time. I came to find out that out of my group of friends flying with Spirit that weekend I was the lucky one. I had 8 different people flying out on 4 different flights. One flight was 9 hours late another was 10 hours late and the last one was canceled altogether. I had to pay $90 to carry on a small bag when it should have been $70 but since there was a problem with their site I couldn't log in so I had to call and by the time I got done waiting on hold and they fixed the site it was then within 24 hours of my flight.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I didn't wait in any lines for more than 10 seconds and the people who worked there were fairly nice no complaints about that. Basically everything was perfect until you're about to board. Their 'zone' boarding process should be reconsidered. The first two zones are small amounts of people then become mobs trying to form a line when they call for the third and fourth zones. You really get what you pay for with Spirit when it comes to the seat being that I'm 6'2 the seat didn't offer me anywhere near the necessary amount of space to travel with comfort. No TVs and no complementary food and drinks. At the end of the day they got me there and back in one piece quickly and for a low cost.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I traveled from New York to Detroit then to Vegas round trip. My first and last time I will fly with Spirit. All 4 flights were beyond dirty. Food crumbs all over the floor and seats the tray tables were so dirty they were stuck closed and on one flight I could see someone's face still imprinted on the seat in front of me. The seats have got to be the most uncomfortable seats I have sat in. It felt like I was sitting on a rock for 4 hours. To top it all off the seats do not recline and leg room is non-existent. Do not be deceived by the low price it does not included baggage fees and drinks and snacks on the plane. Unless you are traveling with nothing but a purse you are forced to pay for your bags. $35 for carry-on and $30 to check them and that's only one way. If you are dying of thirst or hunger prepare to spend $3 for a can of soda or $5 for a small snack. Never Again!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Just flew Spirit Airlines for the first time last week and was very pleased. They are great with little kids (I have 2) and the attendants and all staff were very kind and helpful. I did my homework online ahead of time so I knew what to order as far as my luggage when I booked our tickets. There's no fine print they don't hide anything. I compared to other airlines and it was far cheaper for us to fly Spirit. If the snack and beverage and free suitcase mean that much to you then do the math. you still pay for all that with the other airlines. Our flight was on time and our return flight made amazing time from Orlando to Pitts. We will definitely use Spirit in the future!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Our flight from MSP was scheduled to leave at 11:.30am and it didn't leave until 5.45pm. We were told it was due to weather mechanical problems and not having a crew available to fly the plane. The first delay stated we would leave at 1.30 then 3.30 and at noon we were told a plane was on it's way. The plane arrived 2 hours later (from Chicago which is a 45 min flight) and sat there until 5.45 because the pilots weren't available. Spirit offered a $7 food voucher and a $50 credit for a future flight - which is laughable and something we'll never use. Lesson learned - you get what you pay for. Spend the extra money to buy a ticket on a more reliable airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I recently took a trip with Spirit and it was about the worst experience I have had traveling. I do quite a bit of travel and on this particular trip the flight was delayed 4.5 hours for mechanical problems. I was never informed of the delay until I got to the airport. Fortunately had a family member taking me and I was able to spend some extra time with her. We were given $7.00 food vouchers in an airport where the restaurants close at 7.00 what does one eat for $7.00. I was told to go to Hudson news and get candy or drinks.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]