Spirit Airlines

Spirit Airlines customer review

My husband and I flew from Phoenix AZ to Dallas TX on Spirit Airlines. We purchased 2 one way tickets separately leaving from Phoenix then returning from Dallas back to Phoenix. It was cheaper this way. The tickets in total were $336 which was great but paid another $66 going for a checked bag and seat assignments. Returning was even worse! This time 1 carry on $45 and 1 checked bag $35. Then when we got to the airport it was another $25 for the checked bag so in total $110 for bags. So in total for this trip it cost $512. I advise anyone to steer clear of this airline due to all of the extra charges. Low airfares yes however they make up for it in so many other ways. The leg room was horrible and the seats don't recline at all. It was an extremely unpleasant flight.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Mpls to Orlando during spring break. Plane was clean and comfortable staff pleasant at every turn. Original departure was delayed 2 hours due to "maintenance issues". Boarding staff kept us updated on our timeline. Cash cannot be used on the plane for food and beverages. CC only. Two small things. Seats are close together. If you are over 6 feet tall you might feel cramped. Second we overheard a conversation between a customer and flight attendant where the attendant wanted the customer to change seats to accommodate a family that did not pre-pay for seat selection and was spread over the plane. The trouble was the customer being asked to change seats HAD pre- paid for his seat selection but was still being pressured to move even after he explained he had paid for current seat. The attendant was insistent and the guy ended up moving.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My favorite airline JetBlue was impossibly expensive for one way from Ft Myers FL to Boston so I didn't have much of a choice except to give them a try. I booked online adding $35 for carry on and $14 for seat selection of an aisle seat and still came in under $200 - way below any others for a non-stop late reservation. I printed out my boarding pass before leaving home. I carried on a sandwich and drink. The aircraft Airbus 320 with 3-3 seating seemed brand new. Everything was spotless and unscratched. The seats were tight and close but not any more so than AirTran. Half way through the flight I realized the seats didn't recline but it was just a 3 hour flight so endurable. The boarding process was painless; it was a full flight and we left on time and arrived early. I didn't get out of my seat so can't comment on the bathroom facilities. Also I had to answer all the questions but I had no experience with staff service food and beverages and inflight entertainment so only rated them 1 star which might affect my overall rating. I recommend Spirit with the caveat that it definitely is no frills and would fly them again if price and a non-stop flight are my only concerns.

Spirit Airlines customer review

My daughter and 3 friends flew to Ft Lauderdale last week. This is the worst airline out there! Flight delayed then diverted (I called for update on flight and was told flight didn't even take off and passengers were put on JetBlue to arrive the next day! Flight was in Atlantic City refuelling). They nickel and dime you for everything even water seats tOo close to each other flight attendants are obviously not paid well because they were miserable! I don't care how cheap they are I would never use again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I flew from Detroit to Vegas last week. I arrived to check in and there were 50 in line and two people working. There was one kios machine that wasn't working. I couldn't believe all the hidden fees especially the cost for a carry on bag or if you don't have a boarding pass. They also charge you for drinks. There was a CBS special on Sunday morning showing how terrible as far as hidden costs and no leg room this airline is and how they squeeze 30 extra seats on the plane. No wonder they are trying to limit the weight of bags to help save on fuel because there are 30 extra people on board the flights! Never again will I fly Spirit. I'd rather spend the money up front get more leg room and drinks. I don't like the failure to be up front about costs.

Spirit Airlines customer review

I will not be foolish enough to use this airline again. Make sure to read the small print about carry on luggage. I have a very small carry on roller that they would not let me carry on even though it was under weight and would have fit easily in the overhead. They claimed that it would not because the Airbus 319 did not have big enough overhead bins and it would not fit under the seat - I had to pay an extra $45 each way to bring my bag - which far surpassed the savings. Add to that the unhelpful and slightly rude check in crew and you end up with a less than desirable experience.

Spirit Airlines customer review

March 20 2014. I paid $491 rt from LAX to Fort Lauderdale plus a $100 for my tiny carry on plus $32 for the seats - total $629. I have never flown this airline before and never will again! Horrible customer service cramped seats no radio or TV smelly and the dirtiest bathrooms I have used! I will never recommend or fly this airline!

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flew from Chicago to Ft Lauderdale 3/17/14. Horrible service. $190 to check our bag plus $25 for 8# overage. Very rude staff at airport. They didn't help with anything! Nothing complimentary on this flight. I will never fly with them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight #428 TPA-MSP March 23rd 2014. The worst flying experience I have had. Departure was delayed 5 hrs into the wee hours of the morning I had to call my family 4 times when departure kept being changed. I can truly say that I will never fly Spirit again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Family had tickets to fly from Latrobe PA to Orlando on Mar 22 2014 - was told to arrive at airport 2 hrs early. flight was to leave at 5.50pm. Around the time when passengers should have boarded the plane they announced the plane was delayed due to hitting a bird on the way in to PA. Was told the plane would leave around 8pm. Needless to say had to stay at a hotel until the next morning was told to arrive at 6am plane was scheduled to leave at 8am - this never happened. Plane left at 1pm. Family had to cancel trip since they could not arrive in Orlando port in time. They are rude and do not communicate to their passengers when they do communicate it is all lies. Never fly this airlines - the small discount in price is not worth all the headaches you will experience with Spirit!

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]