Spirit Airlines

Customer rating from 2090 reviews

Spirit Airlines customer review

Oakland to Las Vegas. Price came up at $80/roundtrip ticket inc. taxes. I booked this flight only to get an email 3 days later asking me to purchase bags. Never heard of this with any airline unless you are over the first free 2 bags. So at a charge of $30 to check in a bag per person each way this $80 ticket now became $140. Staff at the ticket desk were very rude. Flight attendants on the plane were equally rude. Very short with people as the plane was delayed and they made it clear they wanted to get home. Seats do not recline at all unless you are in the 4 seats in the front of plane. You can reserve a seat for more money. All in all I should have never switched airlines.

Spirit Airlines customer review

On 12/31/1013 and 1/1/2014 we flew from Tampa to Las Vegas via Dallas/Ft. Worth and back through St. Paul. All flights were on schedule and the crews were very friendly. Yes the seating may be slightly more cramped than other airlines but they were manageable. Prices were very low for a last minute decision. Fortunately I read all the reports ahead of time and we printed boarding passes at home and hotel. We also packed small bags they were considered free personal carry-on luggage. Beer was 3 for $16 which is about average. Not like flying first class but more than we expected for the money.

Spirit Airlines customer review

We booked a flight from Minneapolis to Orlando. We knew ahead of time about extra pricing and decided to upgrade to the larger front seats. The flight attendants on the morning trip of Feb 15th were fantastic. I honestly did not expect a good experience because of what I had heard about Spirit but I have no complaints. I will be flying them again in the near future. I think the key is to be educated and realize that this is a "pay for what you use airline ". We brought our own drinks and snacks on board and no one said a word!

Spirit Airlines customer review

BOS-FLL. Charge for everything. $50 for a bag if larger than a brief case charge to chose a seat. Charge for a glass of water. seats are so close together you can't get you legs in. I won't fly them again.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Left for Costa Rica January 8th 2014 return was due for January 20 2014 arrived on January 23rd. Never take an International Flight with a connection and leave 1 hour between flights the flight back from Costa Rica was delayed then customs held us up then the door slammed in our face as we arrived in time to watch it close. We were told we would be put on standby for the next flight well 5 flights later and nothing. For what we spent because they overbook I could have gone first class on a reputable airline.

Spirit Airlines customer review

2 hour flight took almost 7hrs one way and including delay 3hrs home. The cost of the flight was fine but if you wanted to bring a bag or have a drink the price shot through the roof. Would never fly Spirit again. Extremely cramped seating. Not one apology or offer of a beverage while we sat on plane for 4-5hrs longer than expected.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Flight 833 from FLL to Montego Bay Jamaica on 1/15. Flight supposed to be at 10.30 and we left at 4.00. I would recommend that everybody avoid Spirit wherever possible. I've flown them twice and after the first time I said I would never fly them again now I'm kicking myself for not doing that. When comparing their fares to other providers you may be tempted to save a few dollars but trust me it is not worth the headache. Keep in mind that they will be nickel and diming you for everything from baggage to drinks to printing a boarding pass. In my first experience with spirit the flight was delayed 3.5 hrs and we were given no reason. On my second the flight was delayed 5 hours due to "weather" from the departing city. When I asked what the departing city was they noted Myrtle Beach SC. Sure enough weather.com shows sunny and delightful all day in Myrtle. Overall I'd say Spirit is not worth the money. Save yourself the frustration.

Spirit Airlines customer review

Thinking it was too good to be true is an understatement. We searched through Spirits website to see about any "hidden" fees and found nothing so we booked a trip. We are an average American family with a disabled child which leaves us very little money but we saved and planned for almost a year to be hit with almost $200 in extra fees for baggage and drinks not to mention that we were delayed coming home and had to spend most of the night in the airport. This was one of the worst experiences we have ever had traveling.

Spirit Airlines customer review

traveled from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale. The total cost including fees for practically everything was more than if I would have taken Delta. No more with this airline nor do I recommend anyone to take this one.
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Spirit Airlines customer review

Spirit sucks you in with an extremely low fare and then hits you with baggage fees seat fees taxes upon taxes so that by the time you get your total you could have flown just about any other airline. They brag how they've added more seats so that means more passengers to keep fares low. What they don't tell you is that they moved the seats closer together to get more room for the extra seats. I'm neither a tall or a fat person but my knees were pressed into the seat in front of me and the tray table was digging into my stomach. Not that I really needed the tray table they don't even give you water without charging some outrageous price. The seats are extremely tight and it's like sitting on a piece of wood. It was very difficult to make my 5.5 hour flight. By the time everything was added in my original airfare almost doubled.

Spirit Airlines Photos

Spirit Airlines is a low-cost airline. Apart from the seat on your flight, you have to pay extra for carry-on bag, checked luggage, printing boarding pass at the airport, early boarding, seat reservation, drink or snack on the plane, ticket change or cancellation.

AIRPORT / BAG CHARGES

To maximise the benefit of selecting Spirit Airlines as your low-cost airline, it is very important that you carefully check and follow all of their conditions - printing your boarding pass, paying in advance for any checked or carry-on baggage.

Pay checkin Boarding pass : see below
1st Checked Bag : $21 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $26 *booked online
Carry-On Bag : $100 *at the gate
Ticket change : $110
One small personal item taken onboard is included in the "Bare fare" (Max size: 16"x14"x12")
2_6_spacer
The above charges are for guidance and subject to change. They should be checked directly with the airline for accuracy

WATCH THE BAGGAGE

Your free allowance is 1 x personal item on Spirit Airlines flights (Max size: 16"x14"x12"). All other carry-on and checked bags have to be paid for. It is IMPORTANT to do this online at the time you book, or you could end up being charged USD$100 per carry-on bag if you leave it until the boarding gate.

ONBOARD FLIGHTS

No IFEAudio / video
Buy Onboard Buy Onboard *see below
Pay Bar Buy Onboard *see below
2_6_spacer
SAMPLE BUY ONBOARD PRICES (USD)
Water $2 / Coffee $3 / Beer $7
Muffin $2.50 / Pringles $2.50
2_6_spacer
Payment onboard can only be made with major credit cards : no cash. The prices shown are for guidance only and are subject to change. You should check charges directly with the airline for accuracy.

AIRCRAFT

Spirit Airlines operate a fleet of Airbus narrowbody aircraft, including A319, A320 and A321 types. Seats are configured 3x3 for economy class, and 2x2 for Big Front seats. [Photo Spirit Airlines]