Singapore Airlines

(Thailand)

SQ 978 Biz on Airbus 330. This is a short-haul flight from SIN-BKK. Comfortable seat that lay fully flat. I had a meal of chewy roasted pork. Service from FAs were nice.

(Norway)

Flew SQ22 from SIN-EWR (the world's longest flight) on 26th September on board a A340-500 approx. 18-20 hour flight (depending on winds). Unfortunately this route is disappearing very soon and I will miss the specially design all-business class airplane a lot. This day the service was spot-on the airplane/seat/configuration (1-2-1) food drinks - everything was exemplified "best practice". It was surely a memorable flight and yes I was the last to get off the plane.

Singapore Airlines customer review

A380 LHR-SIN Return sector of round-trip on 14/10/13. A faultless flight experience on the all-Business Class upper deck thanks to the swift check-in and boarding impeccable seat and cabin an exemplary cabin crew delicious meals and impressive IFE. No other airline offers such a calming inflight Business Class environment. I always arrive rested and refreshed after a long-haul flight with SIA and look forward to the next. It never fails to impress me how well-groomed the crew are (an important detail many passengers fail to notice such as the ambient music played at the right volume after landing) and how promptly attentive they are to passenger's needs. SIA remains polished peerless and focused on their product and services for the FIT. This flight demonstrated all SIA's qualities perfectly.

Singapore Airlines customer review

MEL-SIN-MAA-SIN-MEL. MEL to SIN on 777-300. SIN-MAA-SIN on A330-300. Home trip SIN to MEL on A380. Staff excellent. Food very good (book the cook). No amenity kit. Lounge food was OK but not great. Breakfast at MEL lounge was terrible I left and went to ANZ lounge. Lounge at MAA is not worth commenting (not great at all). The MAA to SIN flight is tough as it departs close to midnight and arrives in Singapore less than 4 hours later so not much time for decent sleep. But overall I was rather comfortable on the 777 and A330 angle seats. But the A380 lie flat bed is not long enough (am 6ft 1). Terrible night's sleep I couldn't fly Singapore again until they have a bed that caters for near average height people. Expected more from a reputable airline.

Singapore Airlines customer review

I have recently returned from a trip to Bali with Singapore Airlines. Overall the journey was ok. Outbound we were in economy cabin on the upper deck of the A380 and we were lucky enough to get seated in the rows of two seats which were comfortable enough. I'm 6.1" and my travel companion is 6.3" and in terms of leg room for us there was not a lot. There is also a foot rest fitted to the back of the seat in front which when raised digs in to your shins. When it's lowered you can stretch your legs out over it but it then digs in to your calf muscles. It's poor design and it does affect comfort somewhat but not to the point of distraction. There were plenty of entertainment options available. Both my partner and I had issues with the IFE on the outbound leg which lasted about 30 minutes but the steward was able to re-boot the system for us eventually. The food was good and plentiful and the service was also excellent. The crew were constantly passing through the cabin handing out water and juice and other drinks were available during the flight from the back of the plane. The flights to and from Bali were on a 777-200 and both were fine. One thing to note we were served curry on the flight to DPS and it was hot. Sinagpore may need to tone down the chilli a little. Return leg from SIN-LHR was on 777-300 and at boarding it didn't look like it would be a full flight. We were in the forward economy cabin and this filled up and most seats were taken. However the rear cabin was virtually empty and people here were quick to take up whole rows to themselves. There could have been a better distribution of passengers to allow everyone to have a bit more room. Overall a great airline which with a few tweaks could be fantastic. I certainly felt that with other airlines flying long haul I've had more room.

Singapore Airlines customer review

SYD - SIN - LHR - SIN - SYD. Flight attendants did their utmost to be polite and offer individual service which was very impressive. Loved the added extras. The movies were good and there was sufficient variety. I had special meals and they were plentiful and tasty. Lots of drinks offered. Seats were just OK - the area behind the passenger's head is not positioned well and is therefore uncomfortable but otherwise the seat is OK and there was just enough leg room. Most flights were in ageing planes but the personalised service made up for it. I found the attendants to be the real strength of this airline. I would definitely fly them again.

Singapore Airlines customer review

Flight SQ319 London to Singapore on 14/10/2013. Cabin crew were the nicest and most helpful crew we have come across in our travels. Would definitely recommend. We travel business class - well worth the money. Ground staff in Heathrow - taking our luggage 10 hours pre-flight was excellent we were so grateful. Will definitely travel with them again.

(Vietnam)

NRT-LAX A380 upon boarding cabin crew guided me to the wrong side of cabin and wrong seat. No menu was provided for the entire flight and I did not know which champagne or wine I was drinking nor did I know what to expect for dinner or breakfast. Only for the main course (entree) did the cabin crew provide a quick booklet which after choosing was quickly taken away again. After asking cabin crew for a little help to figure out how to convert my seat into bed I was asked if it was my first time with Singapore Airlines (I am Krisflyer Gold). Cabin crew never asked if I wanted to be awaken for breakfast (which I did not). After waking me up and providing me with a cup of coffee I waited 50 minutes for breakfast to be served. Again no menu. A rather disappointing service.

Singapore Airlines customer review

Flew LHR-SIN-SYD. LHR-SIN on A380 all business upper deck. Seats A B & C row 61 main deck. Good leg room (I'm 5' 10" 16 stone heavy build). Seat comfort was good for economy. Food and drink standard and service were great. Crew could not have been nicer. SIN-SYD on A380 rear upper deck economy. Seats F G & L row 82 upper deck. Good leg room again. Great service and refreshments again. Lovely crew again. Have flown SIA before and will fly with them again.

Singapore Airlines customer review

SQ A380 SIN-SYD biz class. Young slightly disorganised flight crew (seats and entertainment systems we all like and know about) so this is about to very evident cost cutting by SIA as demonstrated by poor meal service offered. Had ordered Sushi via "Book the Cook" and as per inflight menu entree was a cold crab salad. 2 cold dishes that took well on 2 hours to get to my table for dinner. Sushi for biz class was rather disappointing but only until this experience was topped by the "continental breakfast": 2 slices each of papaya and pomelo accompanied by a small roll/danish pastry with butter and choice of jam tea or coffee - no second offering and plates couldn't be cleared fast enough. Would have thought you already saved enough on that sub-standard Bollinger being served.