Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines customer review

LHR to SIN 10th Dec. Business class flight on the A380. After use of lounge boarded plane easily and was directed to my seat by FA. Offered drinks went for Champagne and also asked about post take off drinks. Offered papers and magazines for the journey. Seat very comfy and although a night flight did not have put into bed mode I found more than enough adjustment with recline and I am 5 ft 11. All meals were very good with plenty of choice and all presented very well. Drinks service very good with friendly crew in galley whenever I wanted something. Arrival in Singapore very good flight crew said goodbye and all seem to have been pleased to see us. Although this was the a380 I think the renewed 777 offering is better.

Singapore Airlines customer review

We arrived in Paris today flying SYD-SIN-CDG both legs on the A380. We were seated in upper deck economy which is much better than the lower deck (quieter less people smaller seat configuration). The staff service on both legs was excellent - lots of drink runs and when I discovered one of the earphones on my headset wasn't working I was promptly given a new one. Staff always had a smile and were polite. Seats comfortable food not too bad for economy. Only drawback was the entertainment system could have had more movies.

Singapore Airlines customer review

Perth to Houston TX on SQ 062 my wife and I. Flight to Moscow aborted at last minute routed to Warsaw where Singapore Airlines had no affiliation. Sat on plane for 2 hours after landing in Warsaw then escorted to airport. Once in the lounge and able to check flights we saw we had been booked on a flight to Paris and to Houston the next morning. Went to gate and told we had no ticket for this flight went back to where we originally left and there was a SA rep. After some time told we could not take this flight. Told to gather luggage and go to a hotel. Told we were being put on a plane to Copenhagen then to Chicago and then to Houston arriving 36 hours after planned arrival. Inquired why we could not take flight to Paris as previously scheduled connection time now too close and airline would not book. In summary I have been flying internationally my entire oil field career over 30 years I have experienced delays cancellations re-routes etc. I have never seen such a poor handling of a situation as this. I have always chosen Singapore when possible but will think twice in the future.

Singapore Airlines customer review

We flew BOM-SIN-BOM earlier this year for a 10 day holiday in Singapore. The flights were great both ways and we were extremely happy with the choice of food. For BOM-SIN me and my son tried the Lamb dish - but did not like it. The crew promptly replaced this with the available veg choice. The return sector actually had a better choice of Indian food. Beverages choice was also great - and of course they had Tiger beer! Good and no nonsense comfortable flight.

Singapore Airlines customer review

LHR-SIN-SYD both legs on A380. I couldn't recommend this airline any more. Great legroom for economy and seat pitch hot towels before take off some of the best food I have had in the sky regular drinks service great entertainment system with Krisworld clean cabin (they even had some Xmas decorations up). FA'S were very helpful and the girls were dressed impeccably in their Singapore girl outfits and always smiling and willing to help. The added plus of Changi airport being SQ's hub made transit a very pleasant experience. If you're flying the A380 v1 seating plan - I recommend booking an upper deck economy ticket a small dedicated cabin at the back of the upper deck provides a smaller quieter experience. This is a 5 star airline and blows my home airline BA out of the water. You will not be disappointed! They made over 10000 miles in the air somewhat enjoyable!

(Hong Kong)

SQ2 from SIN to HKG on Dec 9th was delayed 5 hours due to faulty parts they had to change aircraft to fly us all home. Despite that there were enough staff to attend to us we were kept informed of the situation very clearly Free drinks and snack boxes provided. Then a dinner up to SGD 15 was provided for us. Staffs were visible ally he time to answer question and calm our fears. When finally boarding we were given a small token as an apology. Arrived in HK at past 2 am we were given free coaches as well as taxi fares to go home depending on our destination. I could not complain but praise this airlines for treating their customers right. Truly deserving its 5 star status all the way! On board the 777-300ER seat was comfortable good AVOD crew were hard working frequent drink top ups and good quality late dinner served. Overall I am impress and will not hesitate to fly with them again and again.

(Spain)

On 23 November I got SQ 068 to Sao Paulo and I was really surprised to see the cleanliness of the aircraft. Unfortunately due to connecting flight problems I lost my flight back to Barcelona and I could not compare - and perhaps change my mind - the poor state of maintenance of aircraft's. I don't think I will be flying again with Singapore but it is also however the best option to fly from Barcelona to Montevideo.

Singapore Airlines customer review

On 15/11/13 flight from Brisbane to Singapore leaving at 23.45 was the worst flight with this airline. Old plane no leg room poor service I was flabbergasted as I have been flying with them for years. Coming home the plane was up to their usual standard but I will be very wary of flying or recommending them in the future.

Singapore Airlines customer review

Flew from LAX to SIN with a stop over at Narita then SIN to MNL. First time on an A380. Boarding took a while since it was a full flight and there are lot of pax once on board things were very good. FA's were polite and very helpful and are always present whenever you need anything. Food was definitely some of the best airline food I have had with plenty of drink runs dessert and what not. Choice between Japanese and Western. Flight was on time though had a very hard landing in Narita. Was probably the longest flight I have had but it was very enjoyable. SIN-MNL they used an older B777 with IFE not AVOD though unlike the A380 but other than that it was fantastic. Transit at Changi was great had a 12 hour lay over.

Singapore Airlines customer review

Singapore - Zurich and return. On the A380 with all business class seating on the upper deck. Overall a very good trip. Departure from SIN is scheduled very late (01.30) so I had no problem getting off to several hours sleep at that time of the morning. Coming back is a daytime flight which I personally find more tiring. Anyway the product remains a solid one. The service was very good. Food and drinks all fine. Still think the IFE system is showing its age compared to say Emirates but quite OK and had no problem finding a few movies to watch on the daytime return flight. My complaints remain the same as ever. The business class seat is plain weird and for taller types like me the diagonal sleeping position is only just long enough. In addition SQ start to look expensive compared to the Gulf carriers for the route I was travelling (SIN-ZRH-NCE) by a couple of thousand S$ which is substantial.