Singapore Airlines

"reliable and consistent service"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Singapore to Bangkok. Singapore Airlines provides a reliable and consistent service. The flight attendants welcome passengers on board with smiles and are present to assist passengers to their seats and provide help with hand luggage, etc. There are 2 meal options and having flown this route over 5 times in the past 12 months, I have always managed to get the option of my choice. The entertainment options are wide and varied and the attendants present throughout the entire flight. The airline recently upgraded the earphones given out to passengers which passengers can bring home. Each earphone pack comes with 2 pairs of spare ear pieces of different sizes. This airline is definitely ahead of the curve and the challenge is to see how it maintains its lead during times where the industry is full of tough competitors without compromising on standards that its loyal customers have come to expect.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"amazing from start to finish"

Verified Review | Sydney to London via Singapore. The service by Singapore Airlines was amazing from start to finish. Check in staff were friendly and helpful. On both flights the cabin crew were attentive and friendly. Food was good and there was a reasonable amount of entertainment to watch on the large personal screens.
RouteSydney to London via Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2017

"the worst customer service"

Verified Review | Singapore to Paris. My husband and I chose Singapore Airlines for the first time to visit my brother who lives in Singapore. We thought it was one of the best company. Unfortunately, it has the worst customer service we’ve seen. Our return flight from Singapore to Paris was delayed by 3 hours so that we missed the connecting flight with Air France in Paris. All the flights to go home were full for the following 2 days. We had to buy by ourselves 2 train tickets (188 euros) to go back home. Our Air France tickets that we couldn’t use because of the delay were non-refundable. So we lost 246 euros because of SIA. After several mails to SIA (because they don’t reply to emails), the company doesn’t deign to pay 246 euros to compensate us. They only want to pay the difference between the train tickets end the Air France tickets (52 euros). Not logical. Plus, they don’t want to spend money to reply with postal mails. Only answers by email. Singapore Airlines don’t have consideration for their customers. They don’t take responsibility when their delayed flights have consequences on customers. We will never fly again with Singapore Airlines.
RouteSingapore to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2017

"crews were very attentive"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Melbourne via Singapore, a terrific flight on Singapore Airlines. Comfortable seats, great food and wines and exemplary staff. Both crews were very attentive and worked hard to ensure we had good flights. The new A350 seats are well-designed and the Inflight entertainment is easy to use with big screens. I have seen better videos choices, but the offer on SIA is good.
AircraftA350 / A380
RouteBarcelona to Melbourne via Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"food and service were efficient"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Brisbane via Singapore. AMS to SIN was in premium economy on an A350. The SIN to BNE sector was in standard economy on a Boeing 777. At this stage, Singapore Airlines doesn't offer premium economy to Brisbane. These two experiences were extremely different. In Premium, I paid a little extra to sit in the front row. I was able to extend my legs fully and adopt different seating positions. It was relatively comfortable. IFE was excellent. The large screen, extensive selection and quality headphones made the flight pleasant. Food was nice and the cabin crew were really professional. Changing in Singapore to standard economy - the seat was obviously narrower and my knees touched the seat in front. I could only adopt one sardine like position in my seat. All in all, it was quite uncomfortable for me. The food and service were efficient. The tiny screen was hard to see, having to often adjust the angle and on the 777, the selection was less than on the A350. In my opinion, there is a very distinct difference between standard and premium economy and I think the extra cost if well worth it.
AircraftA350 / Boeing 777
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteAmsterdam to Brisbane via Singapore

"A wonderful experience"

Verified Review | Flew Houston to Manchester. A wonderful experience - the stewards and stewardesses were very helpful and sensitive to our needs at all times. The food was excellent, every meal was hot and tasty and served with a smile. We had a little turbulence along the way but the Captain came on and re-assured everyone. I will definitely fly Singapore Airlines again.
RouteHouston to Manchester
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"never fly Singapore Airlines again"

Verified Review | Our holiday involved four Singapore Airline flights, Sydney to Frankfurt via Singapore and return. I bought and paid for four preferred seats. I have replacement knees and whilst they slightly limit my mobility, they do not adversely impact on my upper body strength or general fitness. The preferred seats would have given me more leg freedom. I purchased the preferred seats on-line and disclosed that I had a mobility problem. The tickets were sold with full disclosure by me. On the flights, we were refused the seats. It was then explained to me that it was the decision of the Cabin Crew "on the day" whether a person could occupy the preferred seats or not. We were moved further back down (both) aircraft and other people were seated in the preferred seats at no cost to themselves. It seems that the cabin crew make a decision whether the people in preferred seats are fit enough to assist other passengers in the event of an emergency. A total farce really, because they do allow women with babies to utilise these spaces. (So much for being fit enough to assist) On the last flight, the senior Cabin Crew person indicated she was submitting a report to assist me in having the money returned. I wrote to Singapore Airlines in late August. My email was acknowledged, then no further contact was received. I rang the Sydney office today and was told the money would not be refunded because the Airlines has a "Not Negotiable/No Refund policy on preferred seat sales. My point is that those seats should not have been sold to anyone without a clear indication that it was a decision for the Cabin Crew "on the day." It was unpleasant sitting well back watching other people enjoying the seats I paid for. I will never fly Singapore Airlines again.
RouteFrankfurt to Sydney via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Overall a pleasant trip"

Verified Review | Singapore to London Heathrow. I haven't flown SIA for over 5 years, and was looking forward to renewing my experience. Overall a pleasant trip, but they seem to rather a shadow of their former self. I guess they are getting attacked by low cost airlines and Middle eastern airlines that have stolen many of their customers? Staff were efficient during the set times for service, but outside that this is a rather disappointing level of attention for business class. I had flown LAX to Tokyo one week earlier with ANA business class and have to say they are streets ahead of SIA from a service viewpoint. Seat on this A380 was comfortable, a little hard to sleep on, but quite private. Meals seemed quite small and dull compared to former standards. Used the inflight entertainment at beginning of flight and quite a nice choice. I probably wouldn't put them as first choice next time - they are a whole lot better than BA, but that is like comparing a low cost airline against SIA.
RouteSingapore to London
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"best airline I have flown"

(Bangladesh)

Verified Review | Dhaka to Singapore in economy class. The seat, comfort, staff, everything was excellent. They give you hot towels, menus, and steel cutlery for your food which is rare in economy class nowadays. It is the best airline I have flown.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDhaka to Singapore

"crew were enthusiastic"

Verified Review | Singapore to Perth. We were welcomed on as if we were old pals. This crew were enthusiastic and funny and service excellent. Food was exceptional. And welcome back to amenity bags. Entertainment system very good. Seats not flat bed. Lounge in Singapore needs a makeover.
RouteSingapore to Perth