Scoot

"I didn’t expect much"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ipoh. Flew Scoot simply because of timing and no major full service airlines served this route. The plane was old, but they flew on time, the return flight was earlier. As this is a budget airline, I didn’t expect much. Food and drinks are only available at a price and the seat pitch was as how budget airlines usually go. What was most troublesome was the passengers. The moment the seatbelt light was off, the pushing and shoving begins. Everyone tried to get hold of their luggage. This seemingly old gentle man stepped on my foot twice, pushed and shoved me and others to get to his suitcase two rows away. When he was done I faced him and told him ‘you don’t need to push and shove you know, you could just ask’ and he pretended he didn’t understand English. If you can, just check in your luggage. The passengers always bring a lot of carry on and the odds of finding a space above your seat is slim.
RouteSingapore to Ipoh

"Extremely bad service"

Trip Verified | Perth to Singapore. Extremely bad service regarding infants onboard, even for a low budget airline. Not only was there no priority boarding which is common for most airlines in the world but we weren’t even allowed to stand by boarding desk. Had to take all our things and stand by another gate!
RoutePerth to Singapore

"Appalling customer service"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Amritsar via Singapore booked for January 2018. Worst airline ever! If there were negative points I could give them, I would. Appalling customer service, incompetent staff on ground and in the cabin. They lost my luggage to being with and ruined the first week of my holiday. Despite booking Scootbiz and having flexibility in my ticket, when I enquired to change my flight to leave early, they quoted me USD 550 to change my ticket. This is after I paid USD 799 for my ticket. When I go to book a fresh ticket with the same extras etc, the new ticket is USD 794. How does this work! How are they even allowed to operate in the Australian market?
RouteMelbourne to Amritsar via Singapore

"Experience was okay"

Trip Verified | Athens to Singapore. Experience was okay. Although 11 hours on a budget flight was a bit too much for me. No one checked our carry-on luggage when we checked in at the counter and at the gate, nor cared when we ate outside food on the flight. A guy we recently met had 3 bags due to finding a sleeping bag at a festival but he wasn't told he was over the luggage limit and brought it on the flight. My boyfriend experienced a problem when his boarding pass was scanned. Apparently his seat number got changed after check-in and was moved from a window seat to an aisle seat. Because all the seats in my row were occupied, I couldn't get much sleep or relaxation during the 11 hour flight. Luckily when we arrived in Changi Airport, where we could sleep at a snooze lounge at 5am. Also, the flight attendant call button is located at the handrest area so people kept accidentally pushing it.
RouteAthens to Singapore

"what unscrupulous greed!"

Trip Verified | My wife and I was to have flown from Singapore to Taipei on 10 Dec in Scootbiz but we could not as my wife had a road accident in October. I contacted the airline to cancel the booking and to get back a refund (even if partial). But instead of a partial refund, I was given a run-around with one-way emails from Scoot asking for letter from doctor stating she could not travel (which I obtained) but in the end Scoot says go claim from your insurance! What a waste of time doing all that and calling the call centre (put on hold many times)! And I requested refund way back in Oct when the flight was in Dec. And in the end I found out they sold my already paid seats - what unscrupulous greed!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownDecember 2017

"not her job to move my bag"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore. A Scoot stewardess acted so condescending. Flight departed a bit delayed, I had an urgent appointment right after the flight, hence when my carry-on baggage was placed in a row behind me I wasn't happy because if my baggage was behind me then when disembarking I had to wait for all other passengers to go before me. If my baggage is located at any row in front of me, during disembarking I could follow the flow of movement of other passengers. I explained this to her, asking either one of these, I to move to any seat behind the row where my luggage was located, or my baggage to be moved to any free space in the compartment at any row in front of me. She said, "there's nothing I can do" and she pointed out that it's not her job to move my bag. What kind of attitude she had. To me, fly Scoot last.
RouteJakarta to Singapore

Scoot customer review

Trip Verified | Singapore to Sapporo via Taipei. This is the worst Airline in terms of service level at the ticketing and pre-boarding service. It is the most opportunistic airline that charges absurdly for the slightest change. I kept getting cut-off in my attempt to call and under the pretext or excuse that the manager's name dealing with my case has to be kept a secret, I could never identify the person whom I am supposed to talk to. Scoot had allowed me to change the passenger for the air ticket that I bought for my daughter. But due to unforeseen circumstances, she cannot join us in our family trip. I had to transfer the ticket to my niece. However, during the several telephone conversation, I have been told that the change fee is between S$80-S$100. However, when I tried to make the change online, I was told it would cost me $400, almost the price of the ticket itself! Plus there would also be a fare difference charge when there is no fare change, no change in date or time or selling away my existing ticket and rebuying another! The $400 change fee comprises S$100 for change of first name, another $100 for change of last name, multiply that by 2 for the return ticket! This is the most absurd charge and the airline refused to budge telling me its in their rule!. Firstly, the rule is absurd and secondly, during all the telephone exchanges, I have only been told it is between S$80-$100 and never $400! The discussion has been going on for 2 weeks now, but there has been no resolution. I feel that I have been held to ransom as I am due to depart in slightly more than a week. I have been using Scoot alot recently. But customer service, goodwill and ethical practice obviously has no place in Scoot's management! I will think doubly hard about ever using Scoot again. I had expected that its afiliation to SIA would count in ensuring a certain service level! I also thought my being a Krysfliier member would also be factored in their dealing of this matter. But obviously it does not!
RouteSingapore to Sapporo via Taipei

"cabin crew were aloof"

Trip Verified | Our first sector was Sydney-Singapore to meet up with our cruise. The supposedly new aircraft looked like a tired old wreck. The carpet was so badly worn. The cabin crew were aloof, and not that approachable. They have a 'no you cannot eat, drink any food-la but ours" policy. One lady next to me opened a small bag of chips when one female attendant came and told her 'no eating own food, not allowed so put away'. The food we had paid for was bad. I understand about keeping prices down but what we got served up was so bad. No coffee/tea for that sector but you could buy soft drinks. You were charged for everything - Blankets, food, water. The flight home was even worse. An after midnight take off, freezing cabin (if your cold you buy blanket, only $10.) Passengers complained about cabin temperature (no can fix-la) and off they would walk.
RouteSingapore to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2017

"went out of her way to help us"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Krabi. Essentially we had missed the time for check in and based on airport and airline procedure we would have been unable to board. One of Scoot’s on ground staff however went out of her way to help us with this, calling the flight captain who kindly agreed to open the counter for us. They went out of their way and were empowered to do so, and in so doing provided us a superior customer experience. A big thank you to both of them and shout out for the exemplary customer service.
RouteSingapore to Krabi
Date FlownNovember 2017

"they are not cheap at all"

Trip Verified | Cebu to Melbourne via Singapore. The good thing about this flight is that you fly the Boeing 787 which is a comfortable plane. There are however lots of downsides flying Scoot: no in seat power, despite this being common on the B787 - seats are extremely narrow, especially the window seat. Scoot charges a ridiculous booking fee per person per flight, which they hide during the booking process - airport tax in Cebu (php 750) is not included in your ticket and has to be paid separately, I find this extremely deceiving - if you add everything up they are not cheap at all.
RouteCebu to Melbourne via Singapore