Scoot

"a little below AirAsia"

Trip Verified | Pretentious and unprofessional. We generally avoid Scoot but for this routing the timing and fare were the best combination we went ahead. Most important: we arrived on time and safely, and so did the luggage, so no complaints about that. But in general this airline is really annoying to fly. Their business class doesn't even have paper towels in the bathrooms - you can dry your hands on facial tissues. No blankets - unless you want to pay $15. (Oh, and though it's a Singapore based airline they charge for extras in USD - because they are bigger.) No entertainment - not even screens. Seats recline somewhat. Food varies from not bad to quite mediocre. Service is officious and rigid - even when there were only ten people in the business class cabin they couldn't bring themselves to be flexible on mealtimes. Everything is about the rules, nothing is about the passengers. I don't think that's the fault of the crew - it is probably the management. Trying to check in on line from Tokyo was impossible because the website - whether the JP website or the SIN website - only supplies Singapore as a point of departure, there are no other choices. Condescending - the pilot refers to the staff as "our Scootees" - as if they are owned property. It's basically a run-of-the-mill low-cost airlines with pretensions. I wouldn't say avoid at all costs; I would say expect a quality of service and professionalism a little below AirAsia and you will probably get what you are looking for.
RouteTokyo to Taipei
Date FlownJune 2018

"attitude was sincere"

Not Verified | My daughter and I took the flight on 24th May, at 6am, heading to Taipei from Singapore. The flight was very full. The seat that I sat on was broken as it could not recline. I informed your air stewardess, who then tried to make the seat work but failed. She informed her colleague, an air steward, who came over to check the situation. He offered to change our seats to a functioning one. After he went to look for vacant seats, he came back and told us that there were no two empty seats available together but that there were unoccupied ones in the quiet zone. He was very helpful and led us to the quiet zone and helped relocate our heavy luggage overhead. His attitude was sincere and indicated a willingness to help and I was very grateful for his service.
RouteSingapore to Taipei

"chasing up a refund"

Trip Verified | Athens to Melbourne via Singapore booked for August 2018. I have wasted a lot of time and am still currently chasing up a refund requested in January upon Scoot deciding to reschedule my flight to 48 hrs later without a reason. The same issue happened to my sister who was scheduled to fly 2 weeks earlier - coincidence I think not. They have taken over 3 months to process and approve the refund, and have now sent to the wrong account so I am having to go through a dispute claim with my bank. Not worth the waste of time or the effort of dealing with unhelpful help-desk staff who force you to play phone tennis with your bank and them to resolve an issue they have caused.
RouteAthens to Melbourne via Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"terrible, invasive staff"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. Absolutely terrible, invasive staff. I was on my way to custom check out, Scoot staff me to check our hand carry luggage, we had 4kg extra and the staff wanted me to pay the price for 20kg. I was completely fine with the process, until I told the staff I would reduce the weights, she went ahead and took our boarding pass away. I was furious, never in all of my flight had somebody took our boarding pass while waiting to sort out the luggage. I'm also Scoot frequent flyer. The services and regulations are vastly inconsistent.
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City

"I expect a tv"

Trip Verified | I will never go with this low-cost airline again. Boeing 787 from Singapore to Athens, on a 11 hour flight I expect a tv and and at least a free bottle of water for the money you pay, but got nothing! If you wanted water you had to pay. It was shocking, never again.
RouteSingapore to Athens

"courteous and professional"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore. Departed late from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi by about 20 minutes due to plane arriving late & hence arrived in Singapore late by about 10 minutes. Was seated in the emergency exit row & hence there was ample legroom but seat could not recline. Cabin crew were generally courteous and professional.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2018

"my journey was quite dull"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Surabaya via Singapore. This is the first time I fly Scoot. Somehow I do have a high expectation, since it is the low-cost subsidiary from Singapore Airlines. But my journey was quite dull. The interior of the aircraft is pretty much empty. The seat does not really recline or just broken. In comparison with other low-cost airlines, if the ticket price is way reasonable, I would not take Scoot again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Surabaya via Singapore
Date FlownMay 2018

"would fly with Scoot again"

Trip Verified | Singapore Changi to Bangkok Don Muang. Flight departed on time and landed right on schedule. Got allocated the last row (42) which sadly could not recline but still not too bad for a short flight although having no one in the middle seat helped. Crew were polite and courteous - no more no less. Surely would fly with Scoot again in the future!
RouteSingapore to Bangkok

"Scoot messed up"

Trip Verified | Scoot cancelling or changing planes without letting their customers know. We booked 4 tickets in December for a flight from Singapore to Perth on 30 April. Unknown to me Scoot's booking system was apparently still in "summer mode" and Scoot changed to "winter mode" which mean that our flight was cancelled. Scoot claims that they have let me know via email that our flights changed but I never received the email. The SMS they apparently sent to my work mobile did, not even came up in a search of my phone records. I had to purchase a last minute very expensive flight on Qantas because Scoot messed up, however when I asked them to refund my expense they claim that they have a no refund policy. Be careful to book with Scoot, this flight cost us 8x more than planned and our complaints were met with a no responsibility and no care attitude.
RouteSingapore to Perth
Date FlownApril 2018

"changed the flight departure time"

Trip Verified | I flew from Singapore to Melbourne without any problems so some of the ratings below refer to that flight. However, Scoot's organisational abilities and customer service leave a huge amount to be desired. I had a Scoot booking to fly by Virgin from Canberra to Sydney and by Scoot to Singapore, to connect with a separate flight to London. Scoot changed the flight departure time but didn't tell Virgin so I was not allowed to board the flight. After hours of phone calls from the airport the only solution was to catch a Singapore Airlines flight for over AUD $1,500. They insisted that I had to pay for it myself because (despite being a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines) they were not able to, and they promised they would repay it. Four weeks later they still claim to be checking the paperwork.
RouteCanberra to Singapore via Sydney