Scoot

"excellent service provided"

Trip Verified | I flew with Scoot earlier this month from Lucknow to Singapore (TR501). I wanted to call out the excellent service that was provided to not just me, but to multiple passengers on this flight by one of the crew. This must have been a difficult flight to manage with lots of seniors and babies on board but the attitude displayed by one female FA was remarkable. She put the parents at ease and handled the situation in a most kind and professional manner. She also made it a point to talk to children on the flight and picked them up and took them for little walks whenever she saw the parent looking tired or the child looking restless. I must also mention, how she sternly told off a few difficult passengers who violated the policy of eating outside food, but did not across as rude or harsh. Big fan of what I saw that day. Hands down, the best cabin manager I have seen in action.
RouteLucknow to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"adhere closely to check-in times"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Singapore. My scheduled flight was 2.05 pm and we reached the check-in counter at 1.10pm and were told that check-in closes at 1.05pm (an hour before flight). The customer service kept saying to buy a new ticket. It was just a 5 mins difference and we had to purchase a new flight ticket. I find this really ridiculous as the airline had a policy of check-in closed an hour before flight. This policy does not reflect in the scoot app. The policy only reflects on the invoice sent via to email. When I asked if they had seats left for the next upcoming flight, they told me to purchase the ticket online. This 5 mins later cost me $375SGD per person. When I sent an email regarding about this issue, they did not address to my question or provide a solution. Their reply: We refer to your feedback received on 19 January 2018 through our Customer Support Portal. As part of our efforts to maintain on-time flight departure, we adhere closely to our check-in counter closure times. Our check-in counters open 3 hours before departure time and closes at 1 hour prior to scheduled departure. We note your feedback on our airport check-in staff/handling. This will be shared with the relevant airport teams for their review for us to further improve our services. Nevertheless, passengers who showed up after the check-in counter closure time will not be accepted for the flight and our tickets are non-refundable in nature.
RouteTaipei to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Perth. What a disgrace. We rock up to the airport for the 14th and last flight of a round the world trip. We booked lounge access and Scoot in silence as a treat to cap off our 5 week holiday. We find that our flight was not on the screen so go to the service desk. The lady says that the flight is still on and to head to the appropriate gate. As we were walking away we are called back to be told that the Scoot flight has been cancelled and Scoot has tendered a Singapore Airlines plane but there would be no refreshments or entertainment offered. On top of that we lost our lounge access and Scoot in silence. About a week after we got home I find out that there has been fraudulent activity carried out with my credit card in India, one of our stops around the world. I had to get a new card. I then started the process to get my money refunded from Scoot and that has continued to this day (5 months later). They will not accept my new card details which has been provided in the form of an official letter from my bank. They are thieves and will not accept that they have stuffed us around no end. I will never fly with them again.
RouteSingapore to Perth
Date FlownAugust 2017

"will never fly Scoot again"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Singapore. Utterly appalling! I know it is a budget airline, but there's no excuse for getting the basics wrong. Flying out of Sydney to Singapore on Dec 29th, the check-in queue was the longest I have seen one in my life - it went past the barriers and all the way down the public area to almost the next main exit. Apparently they had delayed a flight the night before and it was now leaving about the same time as ours 1.30pm / 3pm no problem, that happens. But in this case, they know exactly how many people are going to be arriving, and when, and there were so few staff checking people in it was ridiculous. I barely moved for 30 mins (in the queue where the check-in counters were so far away I couldn't even see them) and was now less than hr from take -off. The let me skip the q but they should have had people separating the queue into the 1.30 and 3pm flights from the outset. A text message to flyers saying to expect delays at check in and arrive earlier would have also been a no-brainer. On the flight itself, it took nearly 2 hours for the drink carton to come around, by which stage a man at the back was dehydrated and distressed. The menu in the pocket related also to a different flight. I travel by budget airlines frequently but will never fly Scoot again.
RouteSydney to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2017

"system into paying extras"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Sydney. I am a regular Scoot customer but unfortunately I had on numerous occasions been tricked by the Scoot website unaware of the not very clear and not very straight forward system into paying extras. On my last Oct flight, while I unticked the box of not buying insurance, it somehow was ticked at the final page and I had to pay the extra for the travel insurance which I had already taken up with another company. I just let this pass because it was not a lot of money. On my recent trip in Jan 2018, I booked my ticket to Taipei on 22 Dec and decided to add a check-in luggage on 24 Dec. I had went on the site to manage booking and add luggage and thought it went through and while it was Christmas eve, I had little time to follow up with email. On the 9 Jan 2017 I arrived at Tao Yuen airport and put my check-in luggage and was told I did not buy any and was to pay NTW3660 for a 17kg luggage. I wish to advise those who are not very computer savvy to be very careful when booking online with Scoot, you need to double check very careful each step you tick or enter, they will suck your money and no reasoning. I had many other occasions paid for chosen seat but being allocated another at the airport. You need to take screen shots on every step or they will trick your money. At the end of the day, the fare will come to about the same as a full fare airline so why chose Scoot.
RouteSingapore to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2018

" worst airline I have travelled"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Langkawi. Scoot is one of the worst airline I have travelled in. The staff is highly unprofessional and at checkin the way staff talk to customers is derogatory. You get a feeling like as if you are flying for free and Scoot is doing you a favour to you by letting you fly with them. Even after complaining to manager about the unprofessional staff there was not a single word of apology or regret from them. This airline spoiled my mood during my holiday. Also at the cost of this airline you can get air Asia or even better airline.
RouteSingapore to Langkawi

"service was excellent"

Trip Verified | Athens to Singapore. Cabin crew service was excellent despite being busy. They are kind, sincere and polite, and do their best to meet the customers' requests. The flight I was on from Athens to Singapore was a full flight and the staff was really busy trying to seat all the passengers. Despite that, they are very attentive and are careful not to neglect our requests.
RouteAthens to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"experience was unspeakably awful"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Singapore. Planned flight: 14th December 2017 at 10 pm. Actual take off: 15 December at 2 pm The worst budget airline. The flight got cancelled. It was announced at the gate few minutes before the boarding time. We had another connecting flight from Singapore to Sri Lanka. However, we were informed that we would be given another flight next day early morning. So we were forced to collect our luggage and return home.Since we had a connecting flight, wehad to pay another 900 aud to reschedule the flight to Sri Lanka. When we returned next morning to Sydney airport, we were informed the Scoot flight got delayed by 2 hours. Ok fine, still we had a hope that we could catch the rescheduled flight to Sri Lanka. However, finally the Scoot flight got further delayed and it left Sydney at 2 pm on 15 December. When we arrived Singapore, our (rescheduled) SriLankan airline flight has left and we had to book another flight to Sri Lanka by paying another 500 AUD which leaves next day morning. Finally, we arrived Sri lanka exactly one day later the scheduled arrival and paying more than 1500 aud extra for tickets and taxi. It was a horrible experience and like a nightmare to us. The ground staff at Sydney airport do not even know how to handle such issues. They were unprofessional and appalling. One staff member laughed at us when we asked for compensation for the connecting flight rescheduling cost, and the manager even threatened my husband saying she would not board us if we do not stop complaining. Overall experience was unspeakably awful.
RouteSydney to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Customer service does not exist"

Trip Verified | Manila to Singapore, booked to travel in January 2018. Customer service does not exist. I've been trying to call the customer service in Singapore, Philippines, Australia, and any countries I can try. No one picks up. Every time I get a classic machine voice that everyone is on the phone (on several occasions!). I tried sending a feedback through their online form. I tried to complete every single field, and by the time i click on "submit" it says that I have not entered on the "Case Category / Type Field.
RouteManila to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2017

"by far the worst and most unprofessional"

Trip Verified | I have flown quite a number of budget airlines in Asia and Scoot is by far the worst and most unprofessional one. Our flight from Singapore to Kochi was delayed for 1 hour and the pilot neither acknowledged the delay nor offered an apology. Crew members were untrained, rude, and had extremely poor language skills. The return journey from Kochi to Singapore, only upon asking at check in desk we were told that the plane was delayed for an hour. But we were puzzled to see that the original departure time was printed on the boarding pass. Nowhere else in the airport or at the departure gate was there an indication or announcement of the delay. Upon tracking the flight status of the incoming plane we realized that the flight was delayed for at least 2 hours, and passengers were not promptly updated. At the end of the flight, again there was no acknowledgement of the 2 hr delay nor an apology. When we feedback to the crew member she just drew a blank poker face and did not bother to respond. It was appaling to see a budget carrier associated with Singapore Airlines go so low in service standards. Definitely never flying Scoot again.
RouteKochi to Singapore