Scoot

"No wifi, food is expensive"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Tokyo. Scoot nickles and dimes you, constantly makes you painfully aware you chose economy. They charge you $4 for a bottle of water, Taipei does not have free water and an hour long security/out immigration before which you have to empty bottles. They will separate families in different rows. They won't let me use last two seats in aft of the plane saying there is a S$20 fee each for them. The checkin staff took 15 minutes reading every page of my canadian passport like a magazine, where people behind me got seats at other counters. The final verdict - flight is full, sorry for bad seats. No wifi, food is expensive, no customs forms for Tokyo, sorry. CEO says bad days of discount air travel are over, I think he meant "its going to be worse" They have deep pockets (owned by Singapore Airlines) but they are miserly, staff is polite and courteous but machine like, lack empathy - that's culture of Scoot, superficial.
RouteTaipei to Tokyo
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"as expensive as any other airline"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Jaipur via Singapore. I am writing this review on the bad experience I had while travelling with my kids and old aged parents. We checked in from Gold Coast and got our boarding passes for our next flight to Jaipur in Gold Coast itself. Upon entering our flight to Jaipur only them we realised that our seats were the last row which does not recline at all. We checked 14 hrs before the flight yet we got the last row. The staff were were not helpful when we asked for help to change our seats saying the flight was full. To add to our misery our hand luggage had to be kept in between our legs as the overhead compartment was full. The hot meal pack food is pathetic. Other then that no much choice and very expensive. They don't even give water for free which is the basics. Absolutely pathetic experience - with the extras cost it comes as expensive as any other airline.
RouteGold Coast to Jaipur via Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never ignore the reviews"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Bangalore via Singapore. I picked this flight solely because departure from Sydney was at 1.30 pm, layover at Singapore was 2.50 hrs then arrival at Bangalore would be 10.55pm the same night - they delayed my flight at last moment and mailed that information to me at about 11.30 pm the night before departure, so late i couldn't make any alternate arrangements. The delay was 2.0 hrs long - if it was 3 hrs or more the airline would have to issue every passenger a $50 voucher - however flight landed at Singapore 2 hrs later than scheduled. Before boarding the staff at Sydney airport promised me that my connecting flight and stay arrangements would be sorted once I met the staff at Singapore - my connecting flight had left 2 hrs before I landed, staff was overtly rude. They patched me up with a much cheaper flight which would leave 8 hrs later (overnight stay) - upon asking about the accommodation , they asked me to lay around at the airport. Biggest lesson of my life - never ignore the reviews about airlines before booking flights.
RouteSydney to Bangalore via Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"not be flying Scoot again"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Seoul. The terminal number was not clear on email ticket. Result was going to the wrong terminal. Long queues at check-in resulting in getting to the ticket desk between 0 to 8 minutes beyond check-in time. Check in staff simply say "check-in closed". Refusing to offer assistance or allowing passengers without check-in bags to receive a boarding pass. Overall very unfriendly staff. Not able to reach Scoot by phone. No offers for a replacement flight. Will not be flying Scoot again.
RouteTaipei to Seoul
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"passenger went to a vacant seat"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok. Soon after take-off, a passenger went to a vacant seat located at the emergency exit (13F) for additional comfort. A Scoot cabin staff went to ask her politely to return to her designated seat and the passenger did. The staff deserves praise to approach the passenger because allowing her to continue seating at the emergency would have compromised safety in case of an unexpected incident as the passenger was not briefed on how to operate the exit door prior to takeoff. Keep up the good work Scoot.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok

"Terrible overall experience"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Hong Kong. Terrible overall experience. Every possible excuse to charge you for things that are normally part of the ticket: its not low cost at all, and with petty rules about anything that can be charged for (check the weight of your carry on bags before you leave home!), ground staff who act like they get a percentage of any extra revenue they charge you for and no managerial presence to smooth anything over. The staff on board are fine, the food (don't buy it) is awful, the seats are tiny, i'm not that tall (under 6ft) but couldn't fit my legs in without spreading into the aisle, very uncomfortable journey. They say they are low cost, but if you have been scalped for all the extras, they are not cheap all. I do this trip roughly every month, have used pretty much all the airlines who fly it, and I wont use Scoot again.
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong

"excellent service provided"

Trip Verified | I flew with Scoot earlier this month from Lucknow to Singapore (TR501). I wanted to call out the excellent service that was provided to not just me, but to multiple passengers on this flight by one of the crew. This must have been a difficult flight to manage with lots of seniors and babies on board but the attitude displayed by one female FA was remarkable. She put the parents at ease and handled the situation in a most kind and professional manner. She also made it a point to talk to children on the flight and picked them up and took them for little walks whenever she saw the parent looking tired or the child looking restless. I must also mention, how she sternly told off a few difficult passengers who violated the policy of eating outside food, but did not across as rude or harsh. Big fan of what I saw that day. Hands down, the best cabin manager I have seen in action.
RouteLucknow to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"adhere closely to check-in times"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Singapore. My scheduled flight was 2.05 pm and we reached the check-in counter at 1.10pm and were told that check-in closes at 1.05pm (an hour before flight). The customer service kept saying to buy a new ticket. It was just a 5 mins difference and we had to purchase a new flight ticket. I find this really ridiculous as the airline had a policy of check-in closed an hour before flight. This policy does not reflect in the scoot app. The policy only reflects on the invoice sent via to email. When I asked if they had seats left for the next upcoming flight, they told me to purchase the ticket online. This 5 mins later cost me $375SGD per person. When I sent an email regarding about this issue, they did not address to my question or provide a solution. Their reply: We refer to your feedback received on 19 January 2018 through our Customer Support Portal. As part of our efforts to maintain on-time flight departure, we adhere closely to our check-in counter closure times. Our check-in counters open 3 hours before departure time and closes at 1 hour prior to scheduled departure. We note your feedback on our airport check-in staff/handling. This will be shared with the relevant airport teams for their review for us to further improve our services. Nevertheless, passengers who showed up after the check-in counter closure time will not be accepted for the flight and our tickets are non-refundable in nature.
RouteTaipei to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Perth. What a disgrace. We rock up to the airport for the 14th and last flight of a round the world trip. We booked lounge access and Scoot in silence as a treat to cap off our 5 week holiday. We find that our flight was not on the screen so go to the service desk. The lady says that the flight is still on and to head to the appropriate gate. As we were walking away we are called back to be told that the Scoot flight has been cancelled and Scoot has tendered a Singapore Airlines plane but there would be no refreshments or entertainment offered. On top of that we lost our lounge access and Scoot in silence. About a week after we got home I find out that there has been fraudulent activity carried out with my credit card in India, one of our stops around the world. I had to get a new card. I then started the process to get my money refunded from Scoot and that has continued to this day (5 months later). They will not accept my new card details which has been provided in the form of an official letter from my bank. They are thieves and will not accept that they have stuffed us around no end. I will never fly with them again.
RouteSingapore to Perth
Date FlownAugust 2017

"will never fly Scoot again"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Singapore. Utterly appalling! I know it is a budget airline, but there's no excuse for getting the basics wrong. Flying out of Sydney to Singapore on Dec 29th, the check-in queue was the longest I have seen one in my life - it went past the barriers and all the way down the public area to almost the next main exit. Apparently they had delayed a flight the night before and it was now leaving about the same time as ours 1.30pm / 3pm no problem, that happens. But in this case, they know exactly how many people are going to be arriving, and when, and there were so few staff checking people in it was ridiculous. I barely moved for 30 mins (in the queue where the check-in counters were so far away I couldn't even see them) and was now less than hr from take -off. The let me skip the q but they should have had people separating the queue into the 1.30 and 3pm flights from the outset. A text message to flyers saying to expect delays at check in and arrive earlier would have also been a no-brainer. On the flight itself, it took nearly 2 hours for the drink carton to come around, by which stage a man at the back was dehydrated and distressed. The menu in the pocket related also to a different flight. I travel by budget airlines frequently but will never fly Scoot again.
RouteSydney to Singapore