Scoot

"had a very smooth, comfortable flight"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I read the reviews online only after booking with Scoot and I was very worried after seeing so many negative reviews. However, I had a very smooth, comfortable flight with no problems. The aircraft was new, spacious and clean. The staff were a little blunt but not rude. I paid for the Nasi Lemak and it was good and also came with a water and chocolate. As someone who always flies with LCCs I’m used to being treated poorly while flying but this was a really pleasant experience. I would 100% fly with them again!
RouteDon Mueang Bangkok to Kansai International
Date FlownMay 2018

"unbelievably disrespectful"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Manila to Singapore. I had the worst experience from an airline in my life. It was unbelievably disrespectful and I was unfairly treated in Manila airport. Missed my flight due to long queue in the immigration despite checking in early and the flight took off earlier than departure date but that’s not the problem. The way I was treated at the gate was a disgrace. Instead of trying to listen to my queries I was bombarded by remarks where it’s not the airlines fault and it’s entirely all my fault and the airline is not liable. I was only trying to raise my queries 1) what happened to my ticket 2) what’s the alternative to get to my destination. At least I get an idea what can I do next. But all I get is a small piece of paper with the customer service number to reach out to (called the number and all I get was voicemail - all executives were busy). Managed to get through once and while verifying the phone got dropped off. The most surprising thing is all the staff at the gate just left! Left me by myself! I had to hunt for my luggage somewhere at the 4th floor of the airport and again! No one was there. They had no idea where my luggage was and they made me wait at the corner for 45 minutes at around 12.30am. This is disgraceful for an airline. What’s worst is how I was being treated. Maybe those staff are just hurrying to go home with their bag packs. Absolute disgrace! Maybe it’s a one off but this is the worst experience I’ve had in my life!
RouteManila to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2018

"proactive and helpful people"

Trip Verified | Had a need to clarify my wife's (and infant) portion of our booking. I called the support line to ask about what can be done within the scope of our ticket. I spoke with one of the most proactive and helpful people I could have hoped for. To my surprise, she had provided me with options to save me a substantial portion of money. I was really thankful for this and to Scoot for acknowledging things change in peoples lives and being able to accommodate this.
RouteSingapore to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2018

"thank the attentive staff"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. Appreciate the supervisor on our flight to HCM . My husband is elderly and uses a walking stick and has weakness in his legs. When he boarded the flight, the supervisor noticed he was a bit unsteady at the entrance & was kind enough to allocate us a seat near the front 3 D/E, instead of our counter allocated seats in row 30. On our return flight, the counter supervisor also kindly asked the booking staff to allocate us a seat near the entrance, again it happened to be 3 D&E. We thank the attentive staff for their assistance.
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownApril 2018

"staff refused to help me"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Chennai via Singapore. I paid extra for extra legroom seats and for food and beverages. On boarding the aircraft, I discovered that my seats are not extra legroom seats. The staff refused to help me in any way despite having paid extra for those seats. All they offered was that I may get refund for the extra charges if I pursue with airlines office after completion of our journey. Food quality and quantity were both pathetic.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGold Coast to Chennai via Singapore

"attentive flight attendant"

Trip Verified | Haikou to Singapore. Was on the flight returning to Singapore and was fortunate to have an attentive flight attendant who went extra mile to care for the passengers on board. Scoot, a budget airline but you do not get budget service.
RouteHaikou to Singapore

"How mean is that!"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Osaka via Singapore. Worst ever. Flight information notifications confusing and misleading. We knew that no free meals would be provided but were astonished to be told that passengers cannot consume any food or beverages they bring to the plane. Not even drinking water is provided unless you pay. Was told that the planes used to have water fountains but they were removed. How mean is that! Our decision: never again!.
RouteBangkok to Osaka via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2018

"food laughably expensive"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Krabi and return on Scoot. Despite being "low-cost," ticket price similar to full-service affiliates Silk and Singapore Airlines on comparable-length routes. A320 was an old, ex-Tiger aircraft with extremely limited seat pitch; I'm only 178cm and my knees dug into seat in front of me. On both legs the aged leather seats had an omnipresent, unpleasant, and distinct smell. On-board entertainment non-existent. On-board food laughably expensive; $15-20 for just a standard economy class size economy main-dish without any accompaniments. Hand luggage policies strictly enforced on KBV-SIN sector, but boarding efficient. Crew a far cry from competitors and were practically invisible. Both flights departed on time, though return was still a bit late. Punctuality is all you can reasonably hope for when flying low-cost airlines, but given the high cost of the ticket, I still didn't feel I get what I paid for. You can't expect much when flying a low-cost carrier, but Scoot falls far below even its low-cost competition - and it has plenty in the region. It's striking that the same group that does full-service so right at Singapore Airlines can do it so wrong at its low-cost subsidiary Scoot.
RouteSingapore to Krabi

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Tokyo. Most horrible airline, worst customer service. Tried to pay my baggage online and the web page wasn’t working properly. They charge me almost $80 when I checked in, none of the people working in the counter were able to facilitate the way of payment. Flying with this airline is as nasty as flying with Spirit, RyanAir etc. They will have you pay in any way they will find. Will never fly with this company again.
RouteBangkok to Tokyo
Date FlownApril 2018

"alright for a budget airline"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Taipei on a narrow body aircraft. We did not opt for food, in flight entertainment or checked in baggage. The seats were acceptable but the leg space was rather narrow. The toilets are clean but just that since it is a smaller airplane there are few cubicles and we had to wait. On the return journey, we sat on a wide body (2 aisle) plane, leg space was better, there were more toilets and cabin crew were attentive. In general, the staff are polite and ready to help. The airline is alright for a budget airline. A tip when booking flights is to wait for the price drop and get notified,
RouteSingapore to Taipei