Scoot

"lost me in their systems"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Penang. Scoot lost me in their systems and put me through queue after queue till the point where the system shut out my ticket and i was forced with the most condescending service to buy another ticket under the guise of an admin fee, its incredible how terrible Scoots service has become since merging with Tigerair and its the most contempt i have ever witnessed by service staff. Not only myself but i am surrounded by passengers with the same issues raging all around me as the service counter queues continue to stretch out.
RouteSingapore to Penang
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Reached boarding gate 5 minutes late"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore. Most horrible airline ever. Reached the boarding gate 5 minutes late and the staff was unhelpful in trying to help me check in and argued with me about being 5 minutes late. I must admit I was at fault for being late, I felt that the staff made no effort to help and was rude. Lousy service. Definitely not book a scoot flight again.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2017

"a good no frills flight"

Trip Verified | Flew Gold Coast to Singapore with Scoot. Was fine. I'm 6'2 (188cm) plenty of leg room. I read so many bad reviews here - people complain about not having what they didn't pay for. This is a good no frills flight on a modern plane and its run well. For the price I highly recommend it. Can't comment on the food.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteGold Coast to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2017

"ScootBiz is not worth the money"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Bangkok. ScootBiz is not worth the money. Your bag does not get a ScootBiz label. Therefore your bag doesn't come first. I had to wait for offloading almost to the end - ScootBiz has no own exit from the plane. You have to go back through economy class to get out. What a hassle - seat is not flatbed and has small recline only. It was uncomfortable, I got back pain. No blanket, no pillows are provided - you can only close the blinds electronically 1 hour after take off. Enjoy the sun in your eyes for the first hour. I didn't know you need to download an app before getting on board: I missed the movies - the cutlery is plastic and such bad quality.
RouteTokyo Narita to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"my travel agent wrote that I am vegetarian"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Bali to Chennai via Singapore. On check in I was informed that I have to pay 320,000 rupees more. No explanation as per why, and when I insisted that I have paid everything needed to my travel agent when I booked the flight, I was simply told that if I don't pay this extra money I won't be allowed to go on the flight. So I did pay it, and asked for the IATA reclamation form. The person in charge didn't know what a reclamation form is, let alone have it. On the first flight I think I understood what has happened. A very impolite flight attendant served a meal saying that I have ordered a meal. I haven't actually, and if I had decided to buy it on the plane, 2 meals (for 2 flights) would have cost 100,000 and not 320,000 rupees. What must have happened is that my travel agent wrote on all the tickets I have reserved that I am vegetarian, and Scoot interpreted it as if I have ordered a meal.
RouteBali to Chennai via Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2017

"It is a ridiculous policy"

Verified Review | Singapore to Phuket in 2018. I wanted to book a flight for my wife, my daughter (1 year old) and myself but was not able to book a seat for my daughter online. So I called Scoot, they told me to just book a ticket for my wife and me and add our daughter to our tickets, and after booking I would need to call Scoot again to request for a seat for our daughter. It turned out when I called to confirm the seat that I had to pay the adult seat rate to get a seat for my daughter after already paying for the infant fee of 75SGD! So eventually I paid almost the double fee for my daughter than I had to pay for our own tickets! It is a ridiculous policy of which I still can't believe that they even dare to request this! With most airlines you fly for free with an infant but when you want to have a seat you pay a normal rate but with Scoot you have to pay double the normal rate!
RouteSingapore to Phuket
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Never flying again with Scoot"

Verified Review | Singapore to Bangalore. Worst experience flying with Scoot. Was not allowed to put my cabin luggage in the compartment above the seats and the air hostess was rude. I had to fly with my legs folded throughout the journey. Never flying again with Scoot.
RouteSingapore to Bangalore
Date FlownNovember 2017

"We are utterly disappointed"

Verified Review | Singapore to Kalibo via Cebu. We are utterly disappointed with the service and food options on our flight from Singapore to Kalibo and Kalibo back to Singapore! While we were flying to Kalibo, we have ordered some food on Scoot’s menu but we were informed rudely by the cabin crew that it was out of stock. And when we return back to Singapore after four nights, the same food choice was out of stock again. When we asked the crew why is that so and he said that it was due to the food choice being only available on flights from Singapore to Kalibo - which is blatant lie! - because we flew the exact said route four nights ago and were told that it was out of stock. Disappointed! You guys at Scoot need to renew the on-flight menu and educate your crew members!
RouteSingapore to Kalibo via Cebu

"Absolutely disgusted"

Verified Review | Singapore to Melbourne. Absolutely disgusted to find that our seats 1A and 1C, that were booked in February, had been changed to 3A and 3C. Complained at the desk in Singapore who just stalled for time until our flight was called. Advised that at boarding gate they will assist us, of course they can't help, as seats were already taken. On our return to Melbourne I complained and was advised that I was sent an email in July regarding a merge with Tiger. Although our flight, date and time did not change apparently our seats did, which we weren't aware of. They mentioned something about an upgrade at Singapore and after reading the review of 12 August, it appears our seats we booked were sold to a higher bidder. My advice fly Scoot but don't expect seats you book and pay for. Scoot are unapologetic and ground staff, either ignore you or use other time wasting tactics until flight is called.
RouteSingapore to Melbourne

"a pleasant experience"

Verified Review | Flew Scoot from Taipei to Tokyo. I thought since this is a cheap airline, the service would be horrible. However, it's not the case at all. I was lucky to have pre-selected my seat and paid a fee to sit in the silent zone. There were actually parents with small children taking the same flight (leaving 6.40am) I was shocked. What are the parents thinking?? I highly recommend the passengers to pay for the silent zone seats if you are annoyed by screaming kids easily. In general, a pleasant experience.
RouteTaipei to Tokyo