Qantas Airways

"was upgraded to Business"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Sydney. My flight was departing at 650 AM so I was incredibly tired and was hardly awake at Check-In. As I was on my way to security and customs, I realised I was upgraded to Business Class and was very happy indeed, it definitely put a smile on my face. After a visit to the Lounge, the boarding procedure began. I liked the fact Qantas has consistency with priority boarding. The cabin crew were very pleasant on my flight, it began with pre-departure drinks moving onto breakfast and after service drinks. IFE was very good, loving the new content every time I fly with the Red Roo. Overall, it was a smooth journey with every aspect on point, not much I could fault.
AircraftA330-300
RouteAuckland to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2018

"I do not rate this airline"

Trip Verified | London to Sydney via Singapore. I do not rate this airline and will avoid it if at all possible on all future flights . Qantas staff on the whole were disinterested; on my outward journey my in flight entertainment was not working. I asked staff three times to rectify the problem but all my requests were ignored. Ground staff at Sydney we’re dreadful - one of my co passengers had to que whilst carrying her three month old baby! No offer of early boarding for the elderly, disabled or families with small children were made. The menus were very limited and the standard of the food well below that offered by other airlines I have recently travelled with. In flight entertainment was poor with limited choice (when the systems were working). To make matters worse my scheduled flight from Singapore to London of 11.45 has been delayed by four hours; I have been notified by email (two hours before departing for the airport) with a local telephone number to call if I have any queries. Needless to say the number which I have called repeatedly, is not answered! My experience of Qantas in a nutshell is that it is uncaring, shoddy and unreliable; I would certainly not recommend it - what might look like a cheap deal may end up costing you more in inconvenience as indeed it has me! It is sad that such a great Country is let down by its National Airline.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Singapore
Date FlownApril 2018

"food and service a disaster"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Perth in March 2018. Checked in at self serve counter, it was easy but a helpful ground staff assisted me, then she led me to the baggage counter. The check in was quick and without any dramas. The boarding wasn't as friendly, a younger crew member didnt even bother to say hello or welcome the passengers. Through out the flight she was hostile. The senior crew members were very friendly and courteous. My seat came with a pillow, blanket and headsets. No hot towels or snacks were given. The seat pitch was below average and I felt very cramped towards the end of the flight. IFE was good. The food and service was a disaster, it was slow and disorganized. 2 hours take off, I hadn't received any drinks and when the food trolley reached us, they had only fish with steamed potatoes and broccoli. It was served with a bottle of a water and bread roll. The food looked and tasted bad, more like what you get on low cost or regional airlines. Finally the drinks trolley arrived when people had almost finished their dinner. The crew member was lovely though, I had a James Boag, I was offered another beer later and she remembered what I was drinking. Then came the Weis Mango & Cream bar along with KitKat which was some consolation even though they cost only about $1.50 in supermarket. The cockpit crew was very professional, the announcements were probably the best I have heard from a captain. They updated us even on the maneuvers they were going to make and landed the plane smoothly despite heavy turbulence. The flight arrived on time and checked in luggage came out quickly without any damage. Overall the flight was disappointing. Food was bad, comfort was minimal and didnt get the service you would expect from Qantas.
RouteSingapore to Perth

"Poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Flew Qantas Airways from Auckland to Melbourne. Poor customer service. No loyalty in frequent flyer program. Delayed but should be expected from this over priced carrier. Staff clearly need training in all aspects. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. Avoid this carrier as all that matters is profitability.
RouteAuckland to Melbourne

Qantas Airways customer review

Trip Verified | Darwin to Brisbane. I fly regularly interstate on Qantas. On this first flight they served Couscous salad with Falaffal and mint yoghurt lunch - this meal was a great and delightful treat! I look forward to more healthy tasty meals Qantas will provide as their vegetarian option for their customers.  I don't like white sugar in my hot drink and I hope Qantas will offer honey as an alternative sweetener instead. It was overall a very pleasant trip.
RouteDarwin to Brisbane

"was absolutely terrible"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Brisbane. Delayed flight which was meant to replace the old Emirates flight. Food and Service was absolutely terrible. I could not eat my food. They ran out of blankets, pillows food and Ipads. I asked for water 3 times and received nothing. We were told that this is just a domestic flight and we dont have all these things on board. Well we paid for an international flight so why not?Emirates are a far superior airline. Luggage took forever to come from the plane and most connecting flights were missed so people had to be accommodated in Brisbane. I will never travel Qantas again Disgusting !!!
Aircrafta330
RouteAuckland to Brisbane

"Absolutely terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Melbourne. Absolutely terrible experience. The flight attendants forgot to serve me the meal as well as forgot to give me a customs form. When I asked one of them politely about it, she acted inconvenienced and made it seem like it was my fault. The flight ended up being 45 minutes late and the staff made no effort to assist me to my connecting flight. I actually arrived 30 minutes prior to my next flight, but the attendants refused to let me board saying it was too late to board. I had to wait 5 more hours and was promised a meal ticket that I never received. Overall, a horrible experience. Qantas, you have lost a customer.
RouteLos Angeles to Melbourne

"crew service was good"

Trip Verified | Canberra to Perth. Check-in at Canberra airport was easy as there is priority lane for oneworld Ruby and above passengers. I am currently Silver with Malaysia Airlines Enrich which grants me the same privilege as the equivalent tier on Qantas frequent flyer program. Absolutely disappointed that there is no announcement made for the delay in departure from neither the ground staff nor cabin crew once we boarded the plane. The plane was further delayed again due to aircon malfunctioning inside the main cabin. It was extremely warm. I am offered an exit row so plenty of leg room and the seat is comfortable. No fixed headrest which makes long flights on the single aisle jet a little difficult. Dinner was served and there was 3 options. Food was generally fine, different beverages including alcoholic ones offered to passengers. Cabin crew service was good or above average. Free WiFi on board and USB port to charge devices which keep me happy.
RouteCanberra to Perth

"This is terrible"

Trip Verified | Flying Melbourne to Brisbane on one of my usual business shuttles as a regular Qantas customer. Nice welcome coming on board, pleasant service, something hot to eat and spare seat next to me - almost like Business Class on some European airlines. However, flight completely spoilt (as was my next flight after this) due to the seat back IFE Qantas have now installed on this aircraft. What dingbat in Qantas thought up the idea of having seat back screens with games installed so that the person behind me could punch the screen for 2 hours without stop as he played his game all the way from Melbourne to Brisbane. I noticed the guy sitting in the aisle seat across from me doing the same thing. The end result is being punched in the back of the head non-stop making it impossible for me to rest my head back at all. This is terrible! What otherwise would have been a pleasant on-time flight completely ruined by being punched in the back of the head for two hours. I was only grateful it wasn't a longer flight.
RouteMelbourne to Brisbane
Date FlownFebruary 2018

Qantas Airways customer review

Trip Verified | Flew Qantas from Auckland to Brisbane. Worst seat pitch I have ever encountered. The sear pitch is so tight that it is near to bodily injury. Cattle transport could not be worse. The staff were friendly though. Food as always in economy is far away from tasty. Will try to avoid flying Qantas again.
RouteAuckland to Brisbane