Norwegian

"I can't book another day"

Trip Verified | I have booked a ticket for Corfu, which apparently is not refundable, or at least that's what the customer service said, even if you call them up a month prior to departure. The dates for direct flights for my destination (Greece) even during the summer are very few, so unfortunately I can't book another day that is convenient to me that would not require me to spend 15 hours at some Oslo airport. Therefore, I would recommend to use this company only for their main flight routes, i.e. Norway flights, and try some other one for different routes that actually have an adequate flight schedule.
RouteLondon to Corfu
Date FlownJuly 2018

"without any basic amenities"

Trip Verified | The airline told us that they did not have an aircraft for our flight. After a one hour delay they told us they were putting us on a Malaysian Airlines aircraft. We had the option of either complying or getting a refund without any compensation for the fact that we would then need to pay extremely inflated same-day ticket prices or stay in a hotel until the next available flight. Malaysian Airlines aircraft was very very old without any basic amenities for a standard international flight and with no in-flight entertainment for an 8 hour flight. I will never fly with Norwegian again!
RouteLondon Gatwick to New York JFK
Date FlownJune 2018

"definitely fly Premium again"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Bergen via Oslo. We couldn't beat the price for a one way ticket from NYC-JFK to Bergen, Norway connection in Oslo. Upgrading to Premium was a no-brainer, for a slight fee you get lounge access (Alitalia) not great but something, a meal and a pre-arrival snack, complimentary cocktails, reclining seat and additional space. Definitely worth it. We had also booked a one-way ticket from Gatwick to JFK, but two weeks before received notification that we had been moved from a Norwegian flight to an airline called Wamos, with the option of a full refund if we wanted to cancel, which we did (and re-booked on Virgin Atlantic). Terminal 1 was absolute mayhem as all Europe bound flights on many international airlines departed around the same time (including 2 A380's!). Our flight boarded on time and departed slightly delayed at 11.35 pm. Dinner was served after takeoff with two options. The food is served in a box and cutlery and "glassware" were plastic but was very tasty. While you are given a blanket you are not given a pillow, which I found odd, and there is no amenity kit. IFE offered a lot but it was so late we just went to sleep and actually got a few hours of good sleep. An hour prior to arrival we were served a snack. If connecting to another flight you have to collect your bags and recheck them. Problem was our bags didn't arrive - never left NY. Fortunately we were going to be in Bergen (pre-cruise) for 2 days. After very good communication from Norwegian our bags showed up the following day. We were very happy with the way the airline handled getting us our luggage and will definitely fly Premium again. Highly recommended.
RouteNew York JFK to Bergen via Oslo

"our flight is canceled"

Trip Verified | New York to Oslo. My flight was originally at 11 pm on Thursday. They notified us extremely late that our flight is canceled. At the airport, we were going to rebook but they assured us that our flight would leave the next day at 3:30 PM and that everyone would be automatically rebooked, so we went home and hoped for the best. The next day we found out that the 3:30 flight was canceled (only through a website, they did not notify us directly). We went to the airport in hopes of getting another flight, just to found that it was false. I arrived three days later.
RouteNew York to Oslo

"conversed in Portuguese"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Paris. We were booked on a Boeing 787 but were then told it would be an Airbus, which was then overbooked. Our reserved seats side by side were changed to 2 in different rows which we only found out at the airport. The Airbus did not have an airline name on it; it can’t have been Norwegian since they boast of only having Boeing 787's. The flight personnel wore no identifying uniforms and conversed in Portuguese and were rude and inefficient whilst in-flight entertainment was minimal - not ideal for a 10 hour flight - far inferior to that of the Boeing 787. I have made my concerns known to Norwegian Customer Services, asking for explanations. After four weeks I have had nothing back from them other than a confirmation that they received my complaint. I maintain that their lack of service and reaction gives the lie to their boasts about customer satisfaction.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownMay 2018

"find a downgrade to economy"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Orlando returning from Boston in Premium cabin as part of a big birthday celebration. The out journey was very good but the return was the worst I have encountered. Problems started at check in with staff refusing to answer questions on why we had been moved from seats 1A/1B to row 7. I asked repeatedly if there were any issues but was told no. We arrived at the aircraft turned left to find a downgrade to economy, despite holding a premium ticket. The cabin staff said not their fault and called ground staff who told us to sit or get off and if we did not move quick they would get police to forcibly remove us. 4 weeks later and no reply from Norwegian, no refund (as per EU Law) and 10 hours to their call center only to have the call cut by staff after waiting more than an hour each time.
RouteBoston to Gatwick
Date FlownJune 2018

"it still offers good value"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Gatwick. Leg room in premium is better than all others I’ve flown. Mainly virgin and BA. Service could be called no frills, but, I actually found it quite refreshing. The meals are good quality and a good selection of drinks are available. The meal comes in a box so you don’t feel like you’re trapped as I usually do once the table cloths come out in other premium services. Seats are not quite as comfortable as virgin, but, I still easily slept due to a very good recline. Screens were great and there was a good although limited selection of movies. You can use your own 3.5mm headphone jack and a usb if needed. Goes without saying, the flight on 787 is less tiring than all others. The bits I didn’t like Chicago airport is terrible. Constant delays, crowded, poor selection of restaurants. No lounge available at Chicago. 20 dollar voucher instead which was pretty poor. Premium seat baggage did not seem to get any priority. Overall, it still offers good value.
RouteChicago to Gatwick
Date FlownJune 2018

"waiting for a day and a half"

Trip Verified | My flight was originally at 11 pm on Thursday. They notified us extremely late that our flight is canceled. They said this was out of their control and people that booked with travel agents got notified, but some people that did didn’t get notified. When we called to rebook, they put us on hold for a long time and then hung up. When pressing the option to rebook, they hung up on us. At the airport, we were going to rebook but they assured us that our flight would leave the next day at 3:30 PM and that everyone would be automatically rebooked, so we went back home and hoped for the best. The next day we found out that the 3:30 flight was canceled (only through a website, they did not notify us directly). We went to the airport in hopes of getting another flight. When we came they assured us that our flight would be that day at 11 PM and that the airplane was on its way. (Turns out the airplane didn’t leave London) Although we were pessimistic, we stayed, again hoping for the best. At around 6 Pm we found out that they had lied to us. Most likely to keep us relatively calm, they had told us that we would be guaranteed spots on the 11 PM flight but as we found out, there was no space for us and they knew that all along. They kept us waiting almost a whole day for something they knew would not happen. The manager was hiding in his office, except for the time that he assured all of us that we are guaranteed a spot on the flight, while the airline brings random workers that don’t even work for them to come and answer the frantic people’s questions. Anyway, they are now trying to rebook around 450 people onto a delta flight the next day at 9 PM, in the middle of this after only getting through around 5 people, they left, saying that they don’t have the authority to book us with another airline. They have come back but nothing is happening. We have now been waiting for a day and a half, and it will become more than two days. We are losing all of our time in London, we will only be there for about half a day. We have lost a lot of money, starting with our air BNB bills and our flight, etc. We don’t even know if we’re making it anywhere and if we will even go on vacation. We have gone back and forth 4 or 5 times. This is my first and last time taking Norwegian airlines. Never again am I putting myself through such stress.
RouteNew York JFK to Gatwick

"delayed by 4 hours"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen. I am flying Norwegian for the first time that is also going to me my last. I booked my tickets 2 months prior to departure. They changed the departure time 8 times since booked. The day of flight, we were told we would be delayed by 4 hours. They are taking my award of the worst airlines, worse than Spirit even.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Copenhagen
Date FlownJune 2018

"do not offer complimentary drinks"

Trip Verified | Newark to Paris Orly operated by EuroAtlantic Airways. Norwegian is the worst airline I have flown. They nickel and dime you for everything and do not offer complimentary drinks, we had to practically beg for a cup of still water. The seat was uncomfortable, legroom was limited, there was no entertainment or internet, and our reading lamp did not work. The flight attendants were charmless and unhelpful. When we arrived in Paris-Orly, we had to wait 2 full hours to retrieve our bags. Our flight back was similarly miserable, when we arrived in Newark, we had to wait over two hours to disembark.
RouteNewark to Paris Orly