Norwegian

"it's all about dollars with them"

Trip Verified | Flew Norwegian from Amsterdam to Los Angeles. A two hour stop in Copenhagen became a 36 hr stop! I got to my destination 2 days late. Every two hours they would text "sorry for the delay, in two hours we will update you with the time and the gate for departure". They kept me in the airport on the first day for 10 hours and then the entire day the following day. The weather was great at the departure and arrival airport but they kept saying we were delayed due to weather conditions. I checked on other airlines and they were flying fine. They are dishonest and don't care about customer service or the passenger, just $$$. The seats offer very little leg room this coming from a person whis 5 8". The seat cushions are thin and uncomfortable. Don't ever waste a single dollar on this airline because they don't care about the passenger, it's all about dollars with them.
RouteAmsterdam to Los Angeles
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"offered nothing in terms of help"

Trip Verified | Los Angles to Copenhagen. After an hour delay without advance notice, our flight from LAX to CPH took off only to turn around and return to LAX after about 45-minutes in the air. We were told it was due to technical issues. We spent an hour on the tarmac before I waited another hour and a half to get my bag back. Then followed a two-hour wait to ask about accommodation. We were offered no food or drinks, and by the time I spoke to an agent it was nearly 5am, about 12-hours after arriving at the airport. I was offered to share a hotel room / cot with three other passengers. I said I'd prefer a room by myself, the agent walked away. 15-minutes later I told him I'd take anything, I'm tired, and was told the rooms were gone. I have no credit card and no cash and was given to other options. Their support hotline has an hour or more wait, if you don't get a busy tone 10-15 times when trying to call. They were friendly if not fatigued, but offered nothing in terms of help.
RouteLos Angles to Copenhagen
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"back to Lufthansa and United"

Trip Verified | Paris CDG to New York JFK. First time and last time. Not coordinated at all. Customer service line has no knowledge and still sitting on the ground at JFK since 3 hours because ground crew in Paris could not handle boarding everyone on time. Don’t fly into a snow storm for 5 hours if you can not land at destination and then fly back to you departure city for another five hours. The next flight was moved and canceled twice and and Norwegian website was not up to date. Norwegian has to charter a plane to fly us to New York. They chose Wamos Air, a Spanish airline. At check in most of the boarding passes could not be printed and because of that we left 2 hours late. The food on the plane was from Norwegian from the previous day and there was no customer service from the crew because they had Norwegian catering on a Wamos Air plane. This is a 48 hour trip. If Norwegian would be organized and thoughtful things like this would not happen. That was the first time I used a budget airline and never again. Back to Lufthansa and United
RouteParis CDG to New York JFK
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"horrible for a 10 hour flight"

Trip Verified | Flew Norwegian from London to Las Vegas. No food on flight (which I would expect for a 10 hour flight). Flight was delayed 2 hours and no air conditioning. Seats are so cramped. Seat hardly goes back. On the way back someone vomitted on the aisle and wasn't cleaned up. Again horrible for a 10 hour flight.
RouteLondon to Las Vegas

"recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Singapore. Really pleasantly surprised with this Norwegian flight. The check in agents could have been more friendly. Be aware that their limit on cases in 20kg per case, even if you purchase more luggage, one case can not be more than 20kg. Really pleased with our seats, 9B and 9C. Extra legroom and some, we had an exit in front of us so my boyfriend (whom of which is over 2 metres tall) could get really comfortable here. In flight entertainment is good, not loads of films but enough. We loved the snack bar at your fingertips, you can order from your seat on the screen, swipe your card and the crew bring your order to your seat, and the crew are very on top of this. We ordered in flight meals, of which for this 12 hour flight we got 2 whole meals, dinner and breakfast, and a sandwich in between. The sandwich was a bit small and I had to order from the bar, and the meals were as expected. The Boeing 787 was really nice, clean and up to date, and the new technology used to reduce jet lag and make you feel better after such a long flight did work. We felt refreshed and awake when we arrived, however the extra oxygen pumped into plane to make you feel this way, also makes it hard to sleep, and on a night flight it’s a hard toss up of which you’d prefer! The cabin crew were really helpful and friendly. My tips would be to bring snacks, as the bar is pricey, and your own blanket, headphones and eye mask if you can, as these are not supplied free of charge. Overall I’d really recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteGatwick to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2017

"crew were very efficient"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Palma de Mallorca return. First leg was more than 3 hours late. They gave us a voucher worth of 10 euro for refreshments. The flight itself was fine. Cabin attendants were nice and smiling, very polite. That was also on return flight. On return flight a sickness attack of a passenger in front of me, and the crew were very efficient and professional dealing with that.
RouteHelsinki to Palma de Mallorca
Date FlownDecember 2017

"arrived home 5 hours late"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Gatwick on 27 November 2017. We were due to leave at 18.35. We arrived at airport at 15.15 and were told we could not check our bags until 17.30 due to delayed flight. Staff could not tell us how long we would be delayed. We were given meal vouchers for $12 each. When we went through security the gate information had departure time of 18.35 crossed out and this was later changed to 21.30. At 21.50 we were called to gate and bussed to plane. There were about 60 people on the bus and we all boarded the plane with Norwegian staff checking our boarding passes. Then we found our seats already occupied - they had taken us to Norwegian flight to Barcelona. We were then taken to Gatwick flight and sat on plane for 2 hours. The captain spoke over intercom and apologised and gave no reason other than late arrival of earlier flight. He said we would be taking off as soon as we were given a slot. Cabin crew couldn't tell you anything. We weren't offered anything to drink while we waited. We took off at 1215. An announcement was made that meals would be served immediately to those who had ordered one. We arrived home 5 hours late. Many people had missed connecting flights. We had to drive home in the dark when we had booked a flight where we could travel home in daylight. Norwegian did not do anything to make up for the delays. They update customers by messaging apps or mobile phone, not everyone has one when they travel.
RouteLos Angeles to Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2017

Norwegian customer review

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to New York. For a price of £300 round trip Edinburgh - New York during Christmas season you can't ask much. I mean the price is unbeatable. The flight was smooth. I have only one complaint and that's why I don't give 9/10 for this airline. Is the quality of customer service before flight through chat. They informed me that there would be in flight entertainment in the form of personal screen and movies with sound. However that was not the case - the funny part is that when we were boarding there was advertisement in the few screens that were available on top of some seats about the in flight entertainment, WiFi, cool movies with sound etc. However, the aircraft did not provide anything related to that so I was disappointed. The only sort of entertainment - if someone can call that entertainment was the screening of some episodes of the Big Bang Theory but without sound - there were subtitles though. I don't mind paying less and getting less - just do not give expectations about things you do not provide.
AircraftMaxi
RouteEdinburgh to New York
Date FlownDecember 2017

"not fix the booking mistake"

Trip Verified | Boston to Bergen via Gatwick. I made an error when changing a booking. I called within 30 minutes of the error but Norwegian would not fix the booking mistake without a $260 change fee and $200 name change fee. I asked if they would honor the 24 hour refund policy but the agent said it does not apply to booking changes. When I pointed out that the change price exceeds the original ticket value, they recommended I try to sell my ticket on eBay instead. I would not attempt to book again with this airline.
RouteBoston to Bergen via Gatwick
Date FlownDecember 2017

"attempts to get a refund"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Singapore. I can't review the flight on 22 November as it was cancelled, the review has more to do with the level of service during this time and the attempts to get a refund for additional costs I paid at the airport (over my weight allowance for my luggage.) It started with a 1 hour flight delay, I could tell that there was no way that the flight was going to leave within the 6 hour window I had given myself or at all. When the flight was finally cancelled they provided 1 member of staff to inform us, didn't given any additional information, said they might be able to get us out on a flight the next day. The staff was very rude and direct, I was refused a refund for the additional costs I had paid at the airport and have sent almost 30 emails trying to get it back and only got a response when I threatened legal action. I have had cancelled flights before and the airlines haven't been great but never to this level.
RouteGatwick to Singapore