Norwegian

"had changed to Wamos Air"

Trip Verified | My 16yr old granddaughter and I flew back from New York as part of an Iglu QM2 cruise package. booked 10 months previously.As stated on the Norwegian website, we expected the plane to be a Boeing 78 , but on receiving our flight tickets a month before departure, this had changed to Wamos Air. The plane must have been the first 747 ever to take to the skies. Our low fare plus tickets included checked in and hand luggage, seat reservation and nice and tasty meal. Our allocated seats were 9A and 9B before an emergency exit. There was no leg room in front of 9A, meaning I could only sit with one leg crossed over the other. The seats were less comfortable than a park bench and didn't recline. Seat 9C was occupied by a lady in her 60's and I am in my 70's. None of us 3 were able bodied enough to deal with an emergency evacuation. There were a few well built males 6ft ish but not fat) in the cabin who had to squeeze themselves into their seats. There were no aircraft magazines, food/drinks menus, no drinks or flight accessories, blankets trolleys or any form of entertainment whatsoever. The 'Nice and Tasty Meal' was served about 2 hours before landing in a paper bag and contained a bottle of apple juice, and a long refrigerated cheese and ham roll and small muffin, which were cold, dry and inedible. Many passengers boarded with oversize hand baggage, which couldn't have been weight checked, taking up whole overhead compartments and making it almost impossible to close the doors. More than a dozen other bags, including ours, had to be crammed into the crew's storage cupboard. Apart from serving the paper bags, this appeared to be the only 2 occasions when any crew were in attendance. The flight fulfilled not one of the expectations of a Norwegian flight and if this was their first flight for any of the passengers, they will surely never set foot on a plane again.
RouteNew York JFK to Gatwick

"the flight was great"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Denver. I travelled with my 2 children and the flight was great. The airplane was clean and the Leg room was good. There were plenty of toilets and the staff were attentive and food excellent.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteGatwick to Denver

"a good flight"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Stockholm. Pretty decent for a airline with such a bad reputation. I had around 5kg overweight which would’ve cost me around 75$ but the lady let me go. The aircraft itself was clean and made a lot less noise than other aircrafts I've flown with which is a huge plus since I’m scared of flying. Even though I had forgotten to apply that I wanted a vegetarian meal they still offered me a delicious one. Overall a good flight, only issue I had was that the seats kept going back after you had reclined them.
RouteLos Angeles to Stockholm

"legroom very limited"

Trip Verified | I go to Norway every two years to see family and friends, so I was delighted to learn about the international service a couple of years ago. I flew Norwegian 2 July, and return OSL-JFK on 13 July this year, my second trip with them. While there's still an element of cool and style about this brand, the passenger experience aligns more with the values and customer service of a low-cost airline. First, the seats. They look worn, and they're very close together. Pitch is minimal, so legroom very limited. Once the seat in front of you reclines (only about 4 or 5 cm) it's nearly impossible to use the tray table. I noted that on my flight ex JFK that my seatbelt was very dirty. I paid more to sit in the second-last row, in 35A. Even then, the design of the seats in front meant that it was very uncomfortable to take advantage of the extra legroom. The staff is present during service sectors of the flight, and they are polite and know their jobs very well. What surprised me this trip was that the crew seemed entirely American, with the exception of the flight deck. Also, there were no announcements in the Norwegian language. That was surprising. The food is typical economy fare (though you pay extra for it). The meal I had on the way back wasn't at all terrible in terms of quality, but it's presented in a paper box/puzzle thing, that gets warm and falls apart almost immediately. A tray for the meal wouldn't hurt, and it's sustainable. My verdict is that ticket prices certainly don't make this a low-cost experience, or even a charter airline experience. On many charter companies all pax get a meal, for example. A round-trip, which I bought too late as I had to sort out commitments, was $1400US. I bought it in May, for a July trip. That's not cheap, so while I can say that I had a beautiful time in Oslo and Sunnmøre I'll perhaps switch to a European legacy carrier for trips home in future. Book, this airline, though, if you're looking for a direct way to get to Oslo from the east coast of the United States. Try to choose a good seat, and eat and rest before you fly. This service has grown very quickly, and I think there has to be a strategy for taking the brand into the future.
RouteNew York JFK to Oslo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"didn’t compensate for my monetary loss"

Trip Verified | The worst experience of traveling ever: They canceled my flight on the same day of departure I had to buy a very expensive last minute ticket with another airline because the very unresponsive customer service told me the next Norwegian flight available would have been leaving in 15 days! They didn’t compensate for my monetary loss. On the return flight the ruined my luggage and they wouldn’t compensate. On an 11 hrs flight from Paris to Los Angeles they don’t even offer water to people that don’t buy their very expensive and unappetizing lunch Avoid this airlin .
AircraftDreamliner
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownJuly 2018

"refunded the cost of flight"

Trip Verified | We had planned a trip to London back in August 2017 and booked a premium Economy seat with another couple for June 6, 2018. On the morning we were due to fly , we got a text saying we were downgraded to economy. When questioned, we were told a different plane with fewer premium seats was flying and we would be compensated. Not an hour later we get a second text saying flight cancelled due to technical issues. We scrambled to contact airline and remained on hold for over an hour, to then be told a “Hotline” was to be set up and next available flight June 13th. No offer to rebook. Called hotline (not toll free and in Foreign language ) again on hold several times for over an hour. Tried main line again and on hold then call disconnected. Never able to contact anyone to assist us in making alternate flight plans. Ended up having to rebook on alternate airline for an extra $5200. Our trip had been all arranged and cannot change to a week later! Very poor customer service. Was refunded the cost of flight.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBoston to Gatwick

"delayed then cancelled"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Malta. The flight was first delayed by 4 hours then cancelled because they had no crew. We arrived to the hotel at 2 a.m., we were woken up early to have breakfast and go back to the airport only to inform us that perhaps the flight will be at midnight. No staff were available to talk to but only agents who knew little English. All announcements were made in Spanish only and we had difficult time finding someone who could understand Spanish and translate to English for us. I am still in Madrid, hoping to arrive home after 48 hours if lucky.
RouteMadrid to Malta
Date FlownJune 2018

"by far is the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | We were informed three weeks prior to our scheduled trip that Norwegian would not be operating our flight. It was changed to Euro Atlantic. This was going to be an older aircraft with fewer amenities. With only three weeks prior to our trip it was going to be too expensive to change to another airline therefore, reluctantly we decided to still fly with Norwegian. Our flight to Rome was uneventful. No issues. On the flight from Paris to New York when we arrived at the airport, we received a text message 2 hours before scheduled departure that the flight had been canceled. We discovered from other passengers that this was the second day in a row this flight had been canceled. There was no one at the Norwegian customer service desk to help nor could you get a Norwegian representative on the phone. We eventually had to purchase a ticket with another airline the next day for double the amount of our ticket with Norwegian. We have filed an online claim for our refund and three weeks later we have not received any type of response on the status of our claim. This by far is the worst airline ever!
RouteParis to New York
Date FlownJune 2018

"cancelled without notice or explanation"

Trip Verified | The flight was cancelled without notice or explanation. Numerous passengers arrived at the airport and were told to wait in a line. After an hour, we were told that the line was for hotels only, and no refunds, rerouting etc. would be done - in fact, no Norwegian personnel were present, and the desk labelled "Norwegian" was staffed by airport personnel who did not work for Norwegian. A text indicated we should call a number, in Norway, that disconnected repeatedly after one ring. I, and the other customers, called a US 800 number that we had to look up. After over an hour on hold, the agent said he would refund the ticket. Full stop. I could rebook on another airline, which he would not assist in, or he would look for a Norwegian flight, the next one, 24 hours ahead, was full already.
RouteNewark to Paris

"incredibly pleasant surprise"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Stockholm via London Gatwick. What an incredibly pleasant surprise! Complete trip was EZE LGW ARN LGW EZE. Except for the LGW ARN LGW sectors in economy the long distance flights were in their Premium cabin. Prior to boarding at Buenos Aires flight was delayed two hours due to industrial action (aka strike) by airport workers. We were given a voucher for a full hot meal! Onboard cabin crew were excellent. Soon after take off a full bar trolley came by with a wide choice of soft and alcoholic drinks. Lunch was then served with more drinks which were available with sandwiches throughout the 12+hour flight. Good IFE movies, no music. Cabin crew coming through permanently with drinks. On the return flight from LGW fast and smiling checkin, priority security lane and business lounge. Same pleasant, competent and efficient cabin crew. On the LGW ARN LGW sectors in a B737-8, flights on time, easy checkin and boarding, pleasant crew, food and drink for sale. Seats in the premium cabin were comfortable enough, wide, reclining and good footrest. Only negative comment on the long flights is that all announcements, including safety, etc. were only in English despite a majority of non english speaking passengers. Pre-recorded announcements would have sufficed. Overall, excellent value for money.
RouteBuenos Aires to Stockholm via London Gatwick