Malindo Air

Review by (Singapore)

My wife and I am, we are both frequent flyers with Malindo Air from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. Cabin Crews are very friendly.
AircraftBoeing 737- 900ER
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2015

Review by (Malaysia)

We got the cheapest flight from Kl to Kuching. Flight took off on time and was almost full. Very comfortable seat and legroom compared to Air Asia. Some refreshments enough since we slept throughout the flight. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Extra 15kg free checked baggage is very helpful.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kuching
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Singapore)

SIN-KUL. At time of booking this was the cheapest fare I could find, including budget airlines considered. Was pleasantly surprised to be assigned the exit seat, even more surprised to find that the aircraft was waiting for me to board (usually the other way round for all other flights). Aircraft looked brand new, IFE was worthy for long-haul travel. Simple snack and drink was provided and crew was friendly. Service comparable to legacy airlines and I would definitely fly with them again.
RouteSIN to KUL
Date FlownFebruary 2015

Review by (Japan)

Flown Malindo from KLIA2 to Don Mueng. The check-in agent at KLIA2 was terrible and unprofessional. I was shocked that the agent were more interested in staring at their iPhone than greeting their customers. Was traveling with another two companions and we checked-in together. However, our seats were different and once airborne, we were surprised that there were so many empty seats at towards the end of the plane. Inflight service was a different story altogether. The cockpit crew and the cabin crew really interacted with the passengers and were very friendly. Malindo has a PTV for each seat and they provided great IFE for a short flight.
RouteKUL to DMK
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (Singapore)

Connection flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kochi was re-timed to be one hour later, but I received an e-mail notification and a phone call from airline staff, before the start of the journey. Though I was travelling business class, no lounge was available in KL, I had to wait in the crowded common transit area. The transfer desk at KL was unmanned. On the return lap, my baggage was delayed. I had waited at the belt expecting my bag, to realize after a wait of half an hour that my bag did not arrive. There was no airline representative available near the belt, managed to locate the ground handling representative's office to join a queue with many other passengers with the same plight. There was only one staff at this office, causing further delay.
RouteSingapore to Kochi via Kuala lumpur
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Singapore)

SIN-KUL in Economy Class on June 13th. The aircraft was a new Boeing 737-800. Economy Class seats were comfortable with excellent legroom and pitch. Each seat was fitted with touchscreen inflight entertainment but the system was not turned on. A packet of cookies and water were offered. Staff service was courteous. For the price paid (S$44.00 per adult return) Malindo Air offered brilliant value for money.
AircraftB737-800
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteSIN to KUL
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Malaysia)

I've travel many times with Malindo. The first time was superb. On schedule staff fairly professional. Plane was new and comfy. However last January my flight was supposed to take off at 1pm but they emailed me to inform that the flight been re-timed - two hours later. In the end my flight took off at almost 11pm (10 hours plus delay). Reached Kota Kinabalu 12.30am in the morning. Terrible experience. My following flight with Malindo's turboprop from Subang was not that bad. Delayed a bit but still tolerable. Lately I noticed that Malindo often re-schedule their flights at the last minute. If you are flexible with time I recommend you fly Malindo.

Review by (Malaysia)

I travelled 3 times from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching via Malindo. First 2 times were great inflight entertainment and food was good. However for the 3rd flight they rescheduled my flight from a night flight to a mid noon flight. To make that flight I had to take leave from work which was not possible for me. I had to book through Air Asia for my original time instead. Will never fly with Malindo unless I'm not bothered with timing.

Review by (Singapore)

I flew OD804 SIN-KUL and it was one of the best flying experiences I've had. Flight was on time cabin crew were very friendly and attentive throughout the short flight. IFE was working great! Worth my every penny spent. Highly recommended!

Review by (Malaysia)

Expect some delays in the flight taking off (Cochin to KUL April 2015). Flight offered reasonable food and excellent leg room which was almost like being in business class. Luggage handling was also excellent with normal check-in. Suggested areas for improvement are: 1) To create a reasonable menu. 2) Competitive offers to attract frequent travelers etc. 3) More friendly m-commerce apps for easy check-in.