Malindo Air

Review by (Singapore) 19th June 2015

SIN-KUL in Economy Class on June 13th. The aircraft was a new Boeing 737-800. Economy Class seats were comfortable with excellent legroom and pitch. Each seat was fitted with touchscreen inflight entertainment but the system was not turned on. A packet of cookies and water were offered. Staff service was courteous. For the price paid (S$44.00 per adult return) Malindo Air offered brilliant value for money.
AircraftB737-800
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteSIN to KUL

Review by (Malaysia) 6th June 2015

I've travel many times with Malindo. The first time was superb. On schedule staff fairly professional. Plane was new and comfy. However last January my flight was supposed to take off at 1pm but they emailed me to inform that the flight been re-timed - two hours later. In the end my flight took off at almost 11pm (10 hours plus delay). Reached Kota Kinabalu 12.30am in the morning. Terrible experience. My following flight with Malindo's turboprop from Subang was not that bad. Delayed a bit but still tolerable. Lately I noticed that Malindo often re-schedule their flights at the last minute. If you are flexible with time I recommend you fly Malindo.

Review by (Malaysia) 31st May 2015

I travelled 3 times from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching via Malindo. First 2 times were great inflight entertainment and food was good. However for the 3rd flight they rescheduled my flight from a night flight to a mid noon flight. To make that flight I had to take leave from work which was not possible for me. I had to book through Air Asia for my original time instead. Will never fly with Malindo unless I'm not bothered with timing.

Review by (Singapore) 28th May 2015

I flew OD804 SIN-KUL and it was one of the best flying experiences I've had. Flight was on time cabin crew were very friendly and attentive throughout the short flight. IFE was working great! Worth my every penny spent. Highly recommended!

Review by (Malaysia) 20th May 2015

Expect some delays in the flight taking off (Cochin to KUL April 2015). Flight offered reasonable food and excellent leg room which was almost like being in business class. Luggage handling was also excellent with normal check-in. Suggested areas for improvement are: 1) To create a reasonable menu. 2) Competitive offers to attract frequent travelers etc. 3) More friendly m-commerce apps for easy check-in.

Review by (Malaysia) 8th May 2015

Took Malindo Air from Langkawi to Subang today and flight was overbooked. How could they have overbooked a flight with only 72 seats? Will never use this airline again unless I don't have a choice.

Review by (Canada) 26th April 2015

I am tall and have problems on many other low cost airlines but not with Malindo. The flight was on time the service was good. True there was no inflight entertainment but I only took short flights which were about the same cost as a bus but much shorter in time. I would with Malindo again and I have recommended them often.

Review by (Singapore) 4th March 2015

Took Malindo from SIN to KTM via KUL. Flight from Singapore was delayed for 1hr 45mins. I had only a 1hr transit time in KUL. I informed the ground staff. When I arrived in KUL ground staff were waiting for me and brought me to the gate quickly. Baggage also arrived promptly. Return flight departed KTM early arrived in KUL 45mins ahead of schedule. Flight to Singapore was short and simple. Food not too bad. Entertainment good. Excellent legroom. Overall comfortable.

Review by (Australia) 18th February 2015

OD305/231 12 Jan. We flew Bali-KK-Codine. Check-in was quick and easy bags checked through. Boarding was organised once onboard modern light aircraft crew were ok not over friendly. Legroom was great I'm 191cm tall - was fine great entertainment. Meal service didn't get to us on first flight due to turbulence second flight was all edible. Bars arrived on time no complaints.

Review by (India) 18th February 2015

I travelled by Malindo on the TRZ-KUL-TRZ route and it was a very pleasant flight (as far as the airline is concerned). The seats are very spacious the legroom is very good and overall very comfortable (I am extra extra heavy and I felt extremely comfortable in it). The food was a surprise and good too (on the KUL-TRZ line). The cabin crew could definitely do a bit of more friendliness but then I can't blame them considering the passengers they were serving weren't exactly at their best behavior. The in-flight entertainment system was also a surprise and of good quality. The let down was the fact that the cost for the headsets is not explicitly informed. The TRZ- KUL flight was exactly on time and check-in was quite a breeze at the TRZ airport. The return flight was delayed by a couple of hours and proper announcements were not made but for the information on the display board. But one can live with it. The in-flight announcements were in an English I could not quite understand (I do not know why all airline English announcements are this way) and in Malay and Indonesian I guess. I do not see the logic considering 90% of the passengers would not have understood any of the 3 languages the announcements were made in. Overall a very pleasant and comfortable journey. But then it was a very short one.