Vote Now

Malindo Air

"disappointment in business class"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur was a real disappointment in business class. During check in, even though 40kg was given to business class passengers they only allowed to check in 2 pieces per pax. if you have extra baggage then you have to hand carry. Once boarded, found out that the business class seat does not have any charging port and no inflight entertainment. Stewardess offered menu selection and when my companion have selected the food and I wanted the same food I was informed that only 1 is available and I have no choice to select others. And the most intriguing part is only 2 passengers on the business class section!
RouteBangkok to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Great offer, patchy execution"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Kathmandu. Great offer, patchy execution. For the price they are the best I've seen. Full service essentially, with good IFE offering nice movies, TV, docos, games. But super late arrival, then sitting, waiting for ground crew who were slow. Boarding is slow, due perhaps to high proportion of inexperienced travellers. Flight good, cabin crew reasonable, food pleasant, but serving was disjointed with some rows forgotten for drinks, mains etc. Again, they've chosen an offer that is pleasantly surprising - very good. From that point, they can get the quality and staffing levels right if they choose. I've rebooked and will observe with interest!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kathmandu

"I'm very impressed!"

(China)

Verified Review | I always thought Malindo Air was a budget airline and it was not until I boarded the aircraft that I realized it's a full service airline offering premium experience. In flight entertainment system for 1 hour flight; snacks and drinks offered as well; flight attendant nice and smiling - all in all I'm very impressed! Plus, their ticket was cheaper than some of the budget airlines even. I will definitely choose Malindo Air to fly to Malaysia in the future if the price is right.
RoutePhuket to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2017

"surprised how good this airline was"

Verified Review | Hanoi to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur. Very surprised how good this airline was; from check in at Hanoi (sure a bit of a delay due to long queue/not enough staff at check in), newer aircraft, very pleasant and polite cabin crew, well presented, good and tasty food, entertainment and smooth landing. Sadly, great experience was ruined by their ground staff at check in in Hanoi and transit boarding gate in Kuala Lumpur. Firstly, check in staff did not informed us that we will be seated separately between KUL-JKT, how strange. Secondly, when we found out upon arrival in KL, we tried to look for your staff, it wasn't easy, they are nowhere to be found. Upon finding this the staff brushed us off, "full flight" to add insult to injury, "why didn't you check at Hanoi?" and walked off. Well, we are husband and wife travelling together on a single booking PNR, is it part of their duty of care/customer service as Low Cost Carrier to tell us that you are going to separate our seats? Or they don't teach you at Malindo Air or more importantly life, be kind, pleasant, helpful and do your job well, furthermore your job is to assist your client who directly provided you with your employment as your action reflects on the company you work for.
Aircraft737-800
RouteHanoi to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"definitely fly with them again"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru. Smooth check in. Staff were great, attentive and eager to help. They smile and provide the highest level of service. The aircraft has personal inflight entertainment in each seat. There was spacious legroom even in the economy class, they do provide a complimentary 30kg baggage allowance and meals. Overall, nice airline and I will definitely fly with them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Johor Bahru
Date FlownMarch 2017

"will never fly them again"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. We boarded the plane for our flight to Perth. No greeting from cabin staff. After all passengers were boarded announcement from the pilots we were told there would be a 20 minute due to the lightening as they could not refuel during the storm, completely understandable. After the delay we taxied to the runway once the plane started down the runway it started to vibrate and had excessive noise in the plane. It was so bad my window shade would not stay up I was in seat 10A right by the left engine. After we lifted off the engine went bang and then had the acrid smell of burning coming into the plane and I realised we were circling over the ocean maybe dumping fuel. The staff at this point went to the front of the plane to man the emergency doors. Shortly after this the pilots came on and advised we would be returning to KL for landing. On landing they thanked us for our understanding with the navigational problem. They offered a substitute flight to Perth or food vouchers if we chose to cancel our flight. We cancelled and were advised our bags would be ready for collection in and a half hours. Our flight was due to take off at 6.45pm close to midnight after waiting for our luggage we were told the plane was pushing back our luggage was on board. When I said I wanted my luggage, the Malindo person told me tough and what was I going to do about it. He then reassured me it would be held in Perth by Malindo for collection. The next morning I received a call from a Jetstar member to say they had my luggage as it had been left unattended at Perth terminal. I have sent an email to Malindo as yet they have ignored it. Things happen and I respect that, however it is the total disrespect and lack of compassion and communication by Malindo that is the reason why I have written this revue and will never fly them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"do not recommend Malindo Air"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh City to Langkawi via Kuala Lumpur. I do not recommend Malindo Air to anyone. A few days before our flight (it was not direct flight, we had to stop in KL for a few hours) they sent me new tickets for totally different times and even days without any excuse or warnings. My program was crashed so I had to send them cancellation with request for full refund. Lucky me, the last moment I still could buy another flight from other company. I called a few times to Malindo and at last they accepted my refund request, call center said - no problem you will get it a 30 days. After more than 30 days i called them again to find out where is my refund but they even didn't begin a process of refund. Now im calling again and getting the answer I have to wait 45 days more after my call. This is cheating company! They should improve their services even they are budget air company.
RouteSGN to LGK via KUL
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"would recommend this airline "

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Mumbai with Malindo Air. Excellent service, affordable flight rate, on time, food and beverages excellent. Cabin staff very helpful. After boarding the flight right through to our destination the staff were friendly and courteous. I would reccommend this recommend to all.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Mumbai
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"last time by this airline"

Verified Review | We travelled by Malindo from Amritsar to Denpasar return via Kuala Lumpur. In the last leg Kuala Lumpur to Amritsar flight, we asked for vegetarian food for my wife. We had pre booked meals done so that we could be sure that she gets vegetarian food. My wife was served Chicken even after ordering vegetarian. The cabin crew was not even aware of what meant by 'Hindu Meal' (which was mentioned on the box) and told that it was vegetarian. When she took a bite, it was discovered that it was chicken. Upon asking the air hostess she said that it was my fault and 'none of her business' as to whether my wife was a vegetarian or not. This shows much disciplined their staff is. Upon asking other air hostess for the rude air hostess name, no one told her name, and they ganged up, claiming that they do not know each other's name. This was the first and the last time I travelled by this airline.
RouteAmritsar to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"disappointed in this airline"

Verified Review | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. I'm disappointed in this airline. First of all when checking in they say the flight will be delayed from 9.30pm to 10.10pm. Okay I understand so it's okay. After change from gate A9 to A17 which is all the way to the end. No announcement or anything, everyone just waiting. Flight delayed by 40 minutes.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur