Top 100 Airlines

Malindo Air

"excellent value for money"

Verified Review | Flew Malindo Air from Kuala Lumpur to Lahore. Smart, comfortable, great value and great pilots. Friendly, well-dressed and neat cabin staff. Nice leather seats. 30kg free baggage and free meal. Storm erupted 5 min before landing but our pilot landed smoothly. Didn't eat as I wasn't hungry but the food looked ok. Inflight included wifi through t-mobile for the full duration at $16 but didn't use it. My seat (row 15) didn't recline as the row behind me was an exit row - avoid row 15. Excellent value for money.
RouteKUL to LHE
Date FlownApril 2016

"crew were warm and friendly"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | My first Business Class experience with Malindo Air was on Kuala Lumpur - Denpasar, OD306/02APR operated by a B737-900ER and returning Denpasar - Kuala Lumpur on OD307/09APR operated by a B737-800ER. The legroom on both flights is more than sufficient for the distance, however the Lumbar Support for their Business Class seats is a little bit hard compared to Malaysia Airlines B737-800ER. It takes two minutes to get used to it. The breakfast served on the outgoing flight was a bit dry. I ordered an omelette but I was served scrambled eggs instead. The dinner on the returning flight surprised me when they offered me wine while I was not expecting it - most especially after a bad experience flying Malaysia Airlines on the same route 3 months earlier where they made cutback on alcoholic beverages for flights of less than 3 hours in duration. The next surprise was that dinner was served course by course. And after that it was a continuous flow of white wine. The white coffee served on Malindo Air was delicious. The crew were all warm and friendly as well as being very professional. The kebayas make them look so very elegant and charming. Malindo Air is definitely making its way to a full service carrier. What Malaysia Airlines has taken from you in their Business Class service cutbacks, Malindo Air has added them: e.g Salt & Pepper Shakers on the meal trays and of course, Wine. Overall, I am more than satisfied with Malindo Air and will definitely give them priority for destinations which they cover. I hope to see them expand to more destinations in Indonesia as well as launch flights to Taiwan.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER and Boeing 737-800ER
RouteKUL to DPS
Date FlownApril 2016

"cabin crew are extremely friendly"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Penang to Tiruchirapally via Kuala Lumpur with Malindo Air. The check in process was very fast and ground crew very friendly. When I board both aircrafts, I can feel that it is extremely hot in both cabins. The cup cake served on the flight from PEN to KUL was tasteless. The in flight entertainment was not turned on for the PEN to KUL flight too. The food served for KUL to TRZ was the same as the previous flight, I really hope that Malindo Air can change the types of food offered on its flights. But the cabin crew are extremely friendly and helpful. The legroom is extremely big too.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 / 737-900ER
RoutePEN to TRZ via KUL
Date FlownApril 2016

"impressed with this airline"

Verified Review | My family and I flew with Malindo Air from Kochi to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur return on 27th March. I'm extremely impressed with this airline from the check-in process to the flight itself. The features that impressed me were the seat leg space, inflight entertainment system with touch screen and complimentary food. Cabin crew were extremely polite and friendly. However the cabin was a bit hot at times, and they could broaden the range of movies and televsion shows, although it was sufficient for a 4 hr 15 mins flight. Other than that, it was an enjoyable and relaxing flight and the only flight from Kochi that I really enjoyed. I would recommend this airline and would fly with them again.
RouteCOK to SIN via KUL
Date FlownMarch 2016

"crew smart and most professional"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | I did a one day trip Kuala Lumpur Subang to Penang return on 27FEB, which happened to be the first time on Malindo Air. The crew on both segments were very smart and most professional. Due to the short domestic flight, I didn't expect much in terms of meals; so, the water and snack was most adequate. My only gripe is the tight legroom.
AircraftATR72-600
RouteSZB to PEN
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"not honoured flexi fare ticket"

Malindo Air have not honoured my flexi fare ticket. Having booked a return flight to Bali from Kuala Lumpur, and having booked the return part of that journey as a flexible fare; I have been told that despite me having been offered and paid for a return flexible ticket (which gives the option of a free change of date), I still have to pay for both the change and the fare difference because the outward journey was a promo fare. Apparently no matter what I paid for the second leg (which was not discounted), the flexi ticket is invalid despite being more expensive. So what is the point of being offered a flexi ticket for my return flight in the first place?
RouteKUL to DPS
Date FlownMarch 2016

"cabin crew very friendly"

(Malaysia)

The baggage check in process went on smoothly without any problem, but I'm not quite satisfied with the weighing of my hand luggage. Weighing of my luggage didn't happened during my previous flight in December 2015. The ground staff and cabin crew were very friendly. The flight departed on time and reach KLIA before the estimated time of arrival. The seat was very comfortable and I like the Boeing Sky Interior. I feel that Malindo Air choice of moving from KLIA2 to KLIA Main Terminal is a wise one. The food served is still the same as before, perhaps Malindo Air can change the types of food served during its flights.
RouteTRZ to KUL
Date FlownMarch 2016

"well dressed and smiling staff"

We flew from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok return with Malindo Air. We were warmly welcomed by well dressed and smiling staff. The seats were leather and legroom very spacious. As our flight was just under 2.5 hours, we did not have a meal but we were given a drink and a bread bun. The entertainment was good and we were able to start watching before take-off. I would recommend Malindo Air and will definitely be using them again the next time I am in Asia.
RouteBKK to KUL
Date FlownMarch 2016

"seats and legroom comfortable"

(Malaysia)

The baggage check in process was fast. The boarding process also runs smoothly. The seats and legroom were more comfortable if compared with that of Air Asia. Both ground staff and cabin crews were very friendly. The food served was tasty too. But the inflight entertainment system was not working properly, got hanged after an hour after using, asked the cabin crew to reset it but to no avail. The air conditioner in the plane seems like not working properly too, it's quite hot in the plane.
RouteKUL to TRZ
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"better than service from Air Asia"

Value for money. It operates as a full service airline. Not sure why it is operating from KLIA2. Cabin crew were friendly, departure was on time and meals were reasonably good. Much better than service I had received from Air Asia. I couldn't complaint about the ground staff either. No complaints
RouteKUL to TRV