Top 100 Airlines

Malindo Air

"staff were attentive to passengers needs"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Flew Kota Bharu to Subang. The flight departed and arrived as scheduled. Flight was smooth except for slight turbulence a few minutes prior to descent. The captain gave 2 announcements, one while cruising and one before descent. Flight was full. Cabin was clean and cabin staff were attentive to passengers needs. The aircon was working well. Normally Malindo will offer a complimentary drink and some crackers, but this time only complimentary drinks was offered. I am more than satisfied with Malindo Air.
AircraftATR-72
RouteKBR to SZB
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"excellent value for money"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh to Jakarta via KL and I have to say that I am very impressed with Malindo Air. Although the airfare is quite similar to other budget airlines, Malindo Air provided excellent value for money. Check in was smooth without any problems (free 30 kg checked baggage for each person), plane was on schedule for both leg (HCM-KL and KL-Jakarta), and they checked my luggage all the way to Jakarta without any problem (although I have to admit that I was initially afraid that they might missed the baggage transfer as my transit time in KL is only 1 hour). The cabin is clean, more legroom compared to other budget airlines, and they have their own in-flight entertainment system. They provided food and beverages as well (flight<2 hours = snack, longer flight = hot meal). Crew were very friendly and accommodating. I definitely recommend this airline and will use Malindo Air again for future travels.
RouteSGN to CGK via KUL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"honesty in returning my phone "

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Amritsar, it was my first time flying with Malindo Air. All went well in flight. As I was at the immigration counter filling up a form upon arrival I took out my phone to retrieve some information needed to fill the form. After clearing immigration and getting my luggage I decided to message my husband to tell him everything is good and realised then I do not have my phone, frantically searching, I got my sister to call my number and on the 3rd ring someone from Malindo Air, and I was so so thankful. Despite being after office hours the staff assured me he will return my phone. We headed back to a meeting point of Holiday inn where my phone was returned to me. A very special mention to the staff and his friend for the honesty shown in returning my phone and coming out of the way to do so. I never thought i would get my phone back.
RouteKUL to ATQ
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"improve customer care hotline"

(Sri Lanka)

The Malindo Air customer hotline is a disaster - before I departed from Malaysia I called their hotline for an query and the representative did not pick up the phone and kept me waiting online for more than 30 minutes, which is so annoying. The flight comfort was good and the staff service was satisfactory, food would be more better and overall things were good. I would like to travel again with Malindo Air but please improve your customer care hotline, since in an urgency the customer care cannot be contacted which is so frustrating.
RouteKUL to CMB
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"no concept of customer service"

Verified Review | Bought the ticket from Penang to Kuala Lumpur in December 2015, was told that the flight will depart 2 hours earlier. Not what I want and try to get a refund, I was told that I can't claim refund by email, and I must contact their customer service by phone. The trouble was my phone calls were never picked up by any human, and was further informed that claim for refund must be made 72 hours before flight time. How on earth was I supposed to claim my refund my phone if my calls were never pick up? Avoid the airline, they have no concept of customer service.
RoutePEN to KUL

"food was horrible"

Kuala Lumpur to Mumbai and with Malindo Air - never again. The cabin crew's attitude was arrogant and ignorant. They refused to provide us with blankets saying they had very limited supply. When I called for them, without asking or listening to what I had to say, they switched off the sign and walked off. The food was horrible, absolutely no taste and poor quantity. The cabin crew even refused to refill my drink.
RouteKUL to BOM
Date FlownAugust 2016

"Free food, free luggage (30kg)"

(Romania)

Verified Review | I took Malindo air from KUL to DPS and they offer the same service as a legacy carrier but for a low price. Free food, free luggage (30kg) and great seat pitch (32 inches). The plane was quite new, PTV screen and very comfortable seat.
RouteKUL to DPS
Date FlownJuly 2016

"very friendly and helpful"

(Bangladesh)

Dhaka to Kuala Lumpur with Malindo Air. I was not expecting such good service on a budget airlines. Passengers get their own personal entertainment center with decent collection. The cabin crew were very friendly and helpful. Not the best food I have been served on an airplane but you get what you pay for. Our flight was brought forward by half an hour which was great as we were early.
RouteDAC to KUL
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"refused to serve a cup of tea"

Verified Review | Trivandrum to Kuala Lumpur. The seatbelt sign was kept on maybe to deny service to passengers. Both my flights were turbulence free throughout. The crew had no problem pushing the Duty Free cart up and down despite the seatbelt sign, but refused to serve a cup of tea.
RouteTRV to KUL
Date FlownAugust 2016

"still falling short in many areas"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | With a much cheaper fare than CX and MH, a business class service superior to Air Asia, I had high hopes but was sadly disappointed. On this trip, I bought a one way outbound with Malindo from Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur as a trial, inbound with MH. The day before the flight, they rang from the head office to take my order for the inflight meal which was impressive. Then on the morning of my travel, they rang to inform me that plane would be delayed three hours. At least I was informed early enough, so I didn't have to go to the airport, check in Hong Kong was fine, plaza premium lounge was offered. Boarding was orderly and cabin neat, crew are welcoming. For some unknown reason the flight took off half an hour later than the said time. I was further disappointed to be told all the entertainment system and in seat power were not working. Lucky I had my iPad with me to watch a film, unlucky for others. Meals delivered and was delicious but quite a small portion and quite spicy. This would be a problem for western palate who may not be used to that level of spiciness. Crew did not come around often enough to top up drinks, but at least the service was courteous. Seats are standard recliner, a little hard but fine for a three hour flight. Upon landing nearly midnight, long disorderly queue at the immigration with lots of people trying to cut queues and no officers to control the situation, Malindo didn't offer fast track like MH. Another good 45 minutes spent at just getting through immigration. Bags were delivered late, and priority bags were not delivered first, costing another half and hour. I was supposed to be in town by 8pm, turned out to be nearly 1 am, the hassle was not worth the money saved. Malindo tried their best to be in competition but still falling short in many areas and a bit amateurish. Given time, this may improve. They offer to fly to other further destinations as far away as Perth in Australia. However, given the unreliability and other matters, I'd hate to think what happen if one misses a connection and how they would handle it? For now, it's back to MH for me if going to Kuala Lumpur.
RouteHKG to KUL