Malindo Air

"delayed for 2 hours"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. My flight had been delayed for 2 hours. First time informed me via email, the second time was last minute. They didn't compensate unhappy customers. Malindo Air, please do something about it to retain satisfied customers.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2017

"Would book with them again"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Penang. I was worried about booking with Malindo considering the negative reviews, bu I had a good experience to Penang with them considering their low last-minute price and generous baggage allowance. Boarding started at departure time and we were about 30 minutes late arriving, but the crew was great, the seat was comfortable, and the cabin was spotless. They even had IFE but it was such a short flight I didn't use it. Would book with them again for holiday travel. Excellent value.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Penang
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"excellent value for the price"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Denpasar. Last-minute booking on Malindo to Denpasar. They were by far the lowest price that day, even less than AirAsia and with a generous baggage allowance. The crew was attentive and even served a free hot meal. IFE was not working properly and they tried to restart it several times but I was content with the route map. Seat was comfortable and the announcements were clear. We were 30 minutes late arriving into DPS but being on holiday I wasn't in a rush. Overall I think Malindo provided an excellent value for the price and I wouldn't hesitate to book them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Denpasar

"They just do not care"

Trip Verified | Bali to Kuala Lumpur. I flew Lion before on Indonesian Domestic flight said I would fly with airline again no communication at airport or on plane, no leg space on flight and I not that big. This last flight was Malindo Air from Bali to Kuala Lumpur, same airport service none and when give info not in English. I talked with other passengers and they. We're saying the same in Australia and in Bali, impossible to contact. I know only possible at Domestic airport if help needed, nothing by phone or email, or live chat. Our flight was late but was expected. The plane seating and entertainment was ok. The food was poor, no selection and other passengers we not eating all either. Return flight from Kuala Lumpur to Bali, ( note these are International flights). Same airport service none and seemed like Domestic flight service from a no where destinations and this in KUL a beautiful airport but seem were using backdoor service (none). The Batic Airline seemed like a old plane from looking out window to the wing. Looks like used puddle jumper for a domestic flight. The food on the plane was the exact same as Malindo Air going. I was at the front seating location on the plane. After the first 3 Row's the staff said only mixed vegy with rice, same as the flight going. I complained to the attendants, they said sorry Lion Air catering. Another meal not many people completed. Later I went the bathroom and both were not being used and the attendant was standing there and gave no comment. I went in and the seat was broken, cracked in half. Not even a comment from the attendant. They just do not care. This is very poor service for and international flight and bad for Indonesian tourism. If I knew that Malindo and Batik Air was part of Lion group I would have chosen other airlines.
RouteBali to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"would be exploring other airlines"

Trip Verified | Flew back from Bali to Brisbane on 30th Jan 2018. Communication at Bali airport poor, flight delayed, no info provided to passengers. Flight home took longer than required. Aircraft had no entertainment etc for passengers, was a very poor aircraft. Flight to Bali completely different had entertainment (very basic though), was on time and communication was great. Leg room good. Do not plan on returning to Bali anyway but would be exploring other airlines if I did.
RouteBali to Brisbane
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"No aid was given, not even free water"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Flight from Yangon to Kuala Lumpur was scheduled to depart at 12.25 but received an email at 02.00 that flight would be delayed by 45 mins (acceptable). However only after check-in, clearing immigration and about 50 mins before departure was it announced that the flight would be further delayed, est to 14.30. In the end, flight only departed at 15.05pm. No aid was given, not even free water. Quite a pity considering I’m normally a happy Malindo flyer. If this happens again, I’d be very reluctant to use Malindo again. Food is okay, nothing great. Inflight entertainment is deactivated easily 20/30mins before landing (even if you are in Business Class).
RouteYangon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Very bad service by Malindo Air"

Trip Verified | Very bad service by Malindo Air. We were all traveling from Delhi to Kuala Lumpur to Bali. There was a 4 hour delay for the DEL-KUL line (OD 0206) because of which we were all put to another onward flight, KUL-DSP (OD 308) (Bali) which was 9 hours later than the original time of departure. (Shifted to 6pm from 9am). There was no compensation offered to us! They said their hotel was fully booked. Did not offer lounge access at KUL airport or showed even a little remorse about this. The managers at both Delhi Airport and KUL airport were particularly rude and nothing was done to at least assist the senior citizens. Would never advise you travel via this airline. I understand the delay, however, they should at least be apologetic, try to assist and offer some compensation.
RouteDelhi to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur

"have heard nothing"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Perth. Changed Terms and Conditions after I purchased the ticket. Wife and I were caught in Bali due to the volcanic ash. Had flown Air Asia return, but the return was cancelled. Malindo was taking bookings a few days later, so I booked a one way return home, however the flight was later cancelled due to further ash (no problem there). After 8 weeks of hearing nothing, I contacted Malindo and they advised I was entitled to a credit that expired in December, and sent me new terms and conditions that related to the ash issue. None of these were on the T+C's the ticket was purchased under, even though Denpasar airport had been closed due to ash prior to my purchasing the ticket. Asked if I could take up with the "refund team" and have heard nothing, except they are sorry if I've been inconvenienced. All I wanted was an indefinite credit as outlined in the T+C's I purchased the ticket under. Meanwhile, Air Asia gave a full refund of the unused portion of the original ticket (55% of the total ticket cost).
RouteDenpasar to Perth
Date FlownNovember 2017

"nobody gave us a reason for the delay"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | We had a horrible experience on a Malindo Air flight to Kathmandu from Kuala Lumpur. Our flight was already scheduled as delayed 4 hours before the departure. We were asked to get into the gate lounge, waiting to be boarded on the flight. We waited more than 1 hr in the waiting room and nobody gave us a reason for the delay. The airport operators, just informed us that they tried to do their best not to cancel our flight and it was the only one off to Kathmandu that day. Any kind of information or refreshment were not offered to us. Almost all passengers were furious and the airport staff contacted a Malindo representative officer. We started to be boarded when the Malindo crew appeared, apparently, the aircraft was ready, but the airline didn't have any cabin crew. With more than 4 hours of delay, without being offered a glass of water or being allowed to get out of the waiting hall, the boarding started. A passenger asked for some water and suddenly, a cabin crew member started shouting out and quarreling with the passenger. The plane took off quickly, the only 2 sentences that came from the cockpit throughout the whole flight were "cabin crew be seated for takeoff" and "and cabin crew be seated for landing". Any information regarding safety, to fasten seat belts, weather, destination, delay, timezone, take off, the landing was provided by the captain. It was my worst experience ever.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kathmandu
Date FlownDecember 2017

"experience was okay"

Trip Verified | Singapore to New Delhi via Kuala Lumpur. Singapore to Kuala Lumpur experience was okay but the landing shook the whole plane. Kuala Lumpur to New Delhi delayed by 1.5 hours. Cabin staff were rude. One of them even shouted at one of the passengers. I had to wait for 30-40 minutes at the baggage belt for my bags to arrive.
RouteSingapore to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur