Malindo Air

"Very bad service by Malindo Air"

Trip Verified | Very bad service by Malindo Air. We were all traveling from Delhi to Kuala Lumpur to Bali. There was a 4 hour delay for the DEL-KUL line (OD 0206) because of which we were all put to another onward flight, KUL-DSP (OD 308) (Bali) which was 9 hours later than the original time of departure. (Shifted to 6pm from 9am). There was no compensation offered to us! They said their hotel was fully booked. Did not offer lounge access at KUL airport or showed even a little remorse about this. The managers at both Delhi Airport and KUL airport were particularly rude and nothing was done to at least assist the senior citizens. Would never advise you travel via this airline. I understand the delay, however, they should at least be apologetic, try to assist and offer some compensation.
RouteDelhi to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"have heard nothing"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Perth. Changed Terms and Conditions after I purchased the ticket. Wife and I were caught in Bali due to the volcanic ash. Had flown Air Asia return, but the return was cancelled. Malindo was taking bookings a few days later, so I booked a one way return home, however the flight was later cancelled due to further ash (no problem there). After 8 weeks of hearing nothing, I contacted Malindo and they advised I was entitled to a credit that expired in December, and sent me new terms and conditions that related to the ash issue. None of these were on the T+C's the ticket was purchased under, even though Denpasar airport had been closed due to ash prior to my purchasing the ticket. Asked if I could take up with the "refund team" and have heard nothing, except they are sorry if I've been inconvenienced. All I wanted was an indefinite credit as outlined in the T+C's I purchased the ticket under. Meanwhile, Air Asia gave a full refund of the unused portion of the original ticket (55% of the total ticket cost).
RouteDenpasar to Perth
Date FlownNovember 2017

"nobody gave us a reason for the delay"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | We had a horrible experience on a Malindo Air flight to Kathmandu from Kuala Lumpur. Our flight was already scheduled as delayed 4 hours before the departure. We were asked to get into the gate lounge, waiting to be boarded on the flight. We waited more than 1 hr in the waiting room and nobody gave us a reason for the delay. The airport operators, just informed us that they tried to do their best not to cancel our flight and it was the only one off to Kathmandu that day. Any kind of information or refreshment were not offered to us. Almost all passengers were furious and the airport staff contacted a Malindo representative officer. We started to be boarded when the Malindo crew appeared, apparently, the aircraft was ready, but the airline didn't have any cabin crew. With more than 4 hours of delay, without being offered a glass of water or being allowed to get out of the waiting hall, the boarding started. A passenger asked for some water and suddenly, a cabin crew member started shouting out and quarreling with the passenger. The plane took off quickly, the only 2 sentences that came from the cockpit throughout the whole flight were "cabin crew be seated for takeoff" and "and cabin crew be seated for landing". Any information regarding safety, to fasten seat belts, weather, destination, delay, timezone, take off, the landing was provided by the captain. It was my worst experience ever.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kathmandu
Date FlownDecember 2017

"experience was okay"

Trip Verified | Singapore to New Delhi via Kuala Lumpur. Singapore to Kuala Lumpur experience was okay but the landing shook the whole plane. Kuala Lumpur to New Delhi delayed by 1.5 hours. Cabin staff were rude. One of them even shouted at one of the passengers. I had to wait for 30-40 minutes at the baggage belt for my bags to arrive.
RouteSingapore to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2018

cheating by the airline"

Trip Verified | We booked Kuala Lumpur to Denpasar, on that day just before few hours of the flight I got an email from saying that our flight is cancelled because Denpasar airport is temporarily closed as there was a issue volcanic ash. The airline just sent a email to us informing this and there was not call or even an SMS. We tried to call their customer care and no body was there to answer our call even after waiting for hours on an IVR call. Finally we had to stay at Kuala Lumpur for 4 days and come back to Kochi on 1st December using one part of return ticket from DPS-KUL_COK. During this time I was continuously trying to contact the customer care of Malindo air and no one was answering our call. I contacted the Kochi office of Malindo air asking for the procedure for refund for the tickets booked in the cancelled flight from KUL to DPS. But to my surprise they said that they can not refund as the flight is cancelled not because of their fault. This is completely ridiculous and against there all the norms and also there own terms and conditions. I had send few mail to their customer care asking for the refund bu there is no reply so far. I feel this is clear cheating by the airline.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Denpasar
Date FlownDecember 2017

"you get what you pay for"

Verified Review | Flew Perth to Perth via Kuala Lumpur, Colombo and Delhi. It is a budget airline and it does it very well and you get what you pay for. Had 4 international flights in all between 21/10/17 and 9/11/2017, on time every time. To compare business class is like Qantas domestic business class, though Malindo International far cheaper than Qantas Domestic. I have not been to Antarctica but have flown to all other continents BC including 1st Class to UK return and have never been able to sleep on the plane until I flew with Malindo and unfortunately I was awoken on 3 of the 4 flights to be asked if I wanted something to eat - no I didn't, I was asleep because I was tired, please do not wake a sleeping passenger unless it is to adjust seat position for landing/takeoff. Have absolutely no problems with Malindo Air.
RoutePerth to Perth via Kuala Lumpur, Colombo and Delhi
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Service was pretty good"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Trivandrum. Flew Malindo for the first time, from KUL-TRV and then TRZ back to KUL. Check-in was seamless. Both flight legs were smooth and comfortable. Ample legroom in economy class. Service was pretty good as well. Food served was above average. Being a hybrid carrier, you get a pretty decent return for the price.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Trivandrum
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the staff is not empathetic"

Verified Review | Delhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. My flight was late and the staff is not empathetic. They do not care about the consumer and are only worried about passing on the work to someone else. Food is horrendous. Connecting flights a big no no, since original flights gets delayed all the time one tends to miss connecting flight as well. Then one had to pay additional to book another flight. Inflight entertainment is one of the worst I have seen on international planes. No new movies or TV shows.
RouteDelhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2017

"one of the best in leg room"

Verified Review | I think there are mixed reviews on here because of the various routes, but the Brisbane - Denpasar route with Malindo Air is exceptional. For a low cost: 30kg for bags, free seat allocation (48 hours before departure), free video entertainment, one of the best in leg room, free pillow and blanket, free headphone, free drink, free meal (and you can ask for another if hungry). USB port for charging. Plus good times to fly, not too early, not too late. Nice staff.
RouteBrisbane to Denpasar
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"very rude and frustrating"

Verified Review | Singapore to Mumbai via Kuala Lumpur. Absolutely horrible experience. At the Singapore check-in, they required us to show proof of payment by showing the credit card the tickets were bought with. Allegedly, this was required as stated on their website (although I afterwards did not find a mention of this on their website, Terms & Conditions, or on our e-tickets). However, my credit card number had changed a few months before. We tried to explain but they did not accept this. I called my bank and let them speak directly to the representative, but they would only accept "paper proof". In any case, we had to buy new tickets, which they said would get refunded. Overall, the staff was very rude and frustrating. Now, after months of emails and calls (with extremely delayed responses on their side), we still have not received a refund for the extra tickets. Customer care does not seem to know what they are doing. They say they are willing to refund the tickets, but we just never get the money. Our flight was delayed without any explanation or notice from Malindo Air in Singapore, and our bags were temporarily lost in transition at Kuala Lumpur. We did get them back after a few days and some confusing calls though.
RouteSingapore to Mumbai via Kuala Lumpur