Malindo Air

"experience was okay"

Trip Verified | Singapore to New Delhi via Kuala Lumpur. Singapore to Kuala Lumpur experience was okay but the landing shook the whole plane. Kuala Lumpur to New Delhi delayed by 1.5 hours. Cabin staff were rude. One of them even shouted at one of the passengers. I had to wait for 30-40 minutes at the baggage belt for my bags to arrive.
RouteSingapore to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2018

cheating by the airline"

Trip Verified | We booked Kuala Lumpur to Denpasar, on that day just before few hours of the flight I got an email from saying that our flight is cancelled because Denpasar airport is temporarily closed as there was a issue volcanic ash. The airline just sent a email to us informing this and there was not call or even an SMS. We tried to call their customer care and no body was there to answer our call even after waiting for hours on an IVR call. Finally we had to stay at Kuala Lumpur for 4 days and come back to Kochi on 1st December using one part of return ticket from DPS-KUL_COK. During this time I was continuously trying to contact the customer care of Malindo air and no one was answering our call. I contacted the Kochi office of Malindo air asking for the procedure for refund for the tickets booked in the cancelled flight from KUL to DPS. But to my surprise they said that they can not refund as the flight is cancelled not because of their fault. This is completely ridiculous and against there all the norms and also there own terms and conditions. I had send few mail to their customer care asking for the refund bu there is no reply so far. I feel this is clear cheating by the airline.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Denpasar
Date FlownDecember 2017

"you get what you pay for"

Verified Review | Flew Perth to Perth via Kuala Lumpur, Colombo and Delhi. It is a budget airline and it does it very well and you get what you pay for. Had 4 international flights in all between 21/10/17 and 9/11/2017, on time every time. To compare business class is like Qantas domestic business class, though Malindo International far cheaper than Qantas Domestic. I have not been to Antarctica but have flown to all other continents BC including 1st Class to UK return and have never been able to sleep on the plane until I flew with Malindo and unfortunately I was awoken on 3 of the 4 flights to be asked if I wanted something to eat - no I didn't, I was asleep because I was tired, please do not wake a sleeping passenger unless it is to adjust seat position for landing/takeoff. Have absolutely no problems with Malindo Air.
RoutePerth to Perth via Kuala Lumpur, Colombo and Delhi
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Service was pretty good"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Trivandrum. Flew Malindo for the first time, from KUL-TRV and then TRZ back to KUL. Check-in was seamless. Both flight legs were smooth and comfortable. Ample legroom in economy class. Service was pretty good as well. Food served was above average. Being a hybrid carrier, you get a pretty decent return for the price.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Trivandrum
Date FlownNovember 2017

"the staff is not empathetic"

Verified Review | Delhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. My flight was late and the staff is not empathetic. They do not care about the consumer and are only worried about passing on the work to someone else. Food is horrendous. Connecting flights a big no no, since original flights gets delayed all the time one tends to miss connecting flight as well. Then one had to pay additional to book another flight. Inflight entertainment is one of the worst I have seen on international planes. No new movies or TV shows.
RouteDelhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2017

"one of the best in leg room"

Verified Review | I think there are mixed reviews on here because of the various routes, but the Brisbane - Denpasar route with Malindo Air is exceptional. For a low cost: 30kg for bags, free seat allocation (48 hours before departure), free video entertainment, one of the best in leg room, free pillow and blanket, free headphone, free drink, free meal (and you can ask for another if hungry). USB port for charging. Plus good times to fly, not too early, not too late. Nice staff.
RouteBrisbane to Denpasar
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"very rude and frustrating"

Verified Review | Singapore to Mumbai via Kuala Lumpur. Absolutely horrible experience. At the Singapore check-in, they required us to show proof of payment by showing the credit card the tickets were bought with. Allegedly, this was required as stated on their website (although I afterwards did not find a mention of this on their website, Terms & Conditions, or on our e-tickets). However, my credit card number had changed a few months before. We tried to explain but they did not accept this. I called my bank and let them speak directly to the representative, but they would only accept "paper proof". In any case, we had to buy new tickets, which they said would get refunded. Overall, the staff was very rude and frustrating. Now, after months of emails and calls (with extremely delayed responses on their side), we still have not received a refund for the extra tickets. Customer care does not seem to know what they are doing. They say they are willing to refund the tickets, but we just never get the money. Our flight was delayed without any explanation or notice from Malindo Air in Singapore, and our bags were temporarily lost in transition at Kuala Lumpur. We did get them back after a few days and some confusing calls though.
RouteSingapore to Mumbai via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2017

"did not inform flight was delayed"

(Bangladesh)

Verified Review | Dhaka to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. We were supposed to leave at 11pm and ended up leaving at 2am. The ground staff who issued the boarding pass did not inform us flight was delayed. On top of that, the staff changed our connection to 4pm in place of the original connection at 7:45am, without even asking us! There was another 9am connection which they could not give as apparently they had to full book that due to other delayed flights.
RouteDhaka to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"warm, attentive crew "

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Penang. A pleasant contrast to flying Malaysia Airlines. Near new Boeing 738 with sky interior and gate to gate PTV entertainment (own earphones). Spacious seats and warm, attentive crew in elegant kebaya uniform. Crew very good despite a packed plane on hari merdeka (independence day) long weekend. Wasn't sure about flying Malindo Air because it's owned by Lion Air of Indonesia (has bad reputation) but glad I did give them a go. I see they fly to Brisbane from one of their hubs (Denpasar). Would fly them more if they continued the Brisbane flight to Auckland.Or flew direct. Like Copa Airlines of Panama they are one of those little carriers that in my experience have carved themselves a niche and really try hard.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Penang
Date FlownAugust 2017

"no in-flight entertainment"

Verified Review | Delhi to Hanoi via Kuala Lumpur. No blankets were provided on the flight to Kuala Lumpur. The flight was delayed and on 27th August took off only after another flight of Malindo (also from Delhi-KL) flight that was meant to take off much later than this flight. I shivered and there was no in-flight entertainment. Overall harrowing 5.30 hours on Malindo
RouteDelhi to Hanoi via Kuala Lumpur