Iberia

"my luggage did not come"

Trip Verified | I had a trip from Miami to Ibiza via Madrid and Palma. When I get to Ibiza my destination my luggage did not come and they promised to deliver to my home, and they would pay 50 euros a day as compensatipom but I came back to the airport and I had to wait for my luggage as I had important items. When I came back from Ibiza to Miami my luggage did not come again. Because of it I lost my fly to Atlanta, I came to Atlanta in the next morning without my luggage with Iberia saying they would pay me and it will be delivered at my home in 48 hours. After 5 days trying to get information they said that my luggage it was at Atlanta Airport but not where and when it was coming! So I decided to go to the airport to get my luggage by myself.
RouteMiami to Ibiza via Madrid

Iberia customer review

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Amsterdam. My connection flight to Amsterdam was cancelled - no reason given but we assumed due to weather. (My colleague flew later same evening from Istanbul and landed safely in Amsterdam!). Ground staff hopeless in assisting. Long lines at customer service with minimal staff to assist. My travel agent rebooked my flight and with this information I eventually was attended to (FOUR HOURS LATER!). The clerk behind the counter could barely speak English and when I showed him my reservation for the following morning, he consulted with a colleague and assured me that the flight booking would be honored. I should arrive at the desk of AirEuropa in the morning and they will issue my boarding ticket. With my hotel voucher and shuttle details, I got to my hotel (in the centre of Madrid), trusting the system that all would be ok. I got back to the airport at 06:15, proceeded to the check-in counter and lo and behold, no reservation and no ticket. Iberia did not answer their phone and faced with being stuck for 24 hours (Iberia rebooked me on my previous scheduled flight 24 hrs later). I paid €540 for the only available seat out of Madrid to Amsterdam. No honoring cancelled flight, no service, pure frustration.
RouteMadrid to Amsterdam
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Food was delicious"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Boston via Madrid. Berlin Tegel went to Madrid punctually. All drinks and food had to be paid, but I was prepared. The seats were ok for the short flight and the crew very nice. You could get entertainment for free via wifi. I have read. From Madrid we continued punctually and I was even in Boston earlier than planned. Nice Airbus with great entertainment. The latest movies like Home Again, Baby Driver, Dunkirk, It, Pirates of the Carebean and so on. There were blankets, pillows and headphones for free and drinks and food was free. At the beginning there was food with a drink service, then coffee and tea and at the end again food and drinks and coffee. In between, they did not come through, but you could always get something. But I had my own water. Food was delicious, crew was nice. Luggage arrived too. Everything is great. What annoyed me was that I could not reserve my seat in advance and also could not check in online, because AA and Iberia can not access each other's booking systems. This is a no go for me, because I have to have my aisle seat. Therefore, I would try to avoid AA and Iberia. But luck today, even a series of two for me. Everything that could happen now has nothing to do with Iberia anymore.
RouteBerlin to Boston via Madrid
Date FlownDecember 2017

"will never choose this airline again"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Vienna. I couldn't do an online check in and at the check in they informed me that I am on a waiting list. I still had to go to the gate and wait there till everybody finished boarding. There were like 10 people in the same situation than me. Iberia explained me that this was normal. After everybody boarded they called 3 more people from the waiting list. I didn't get to be on the flight. They gave me the money back but I dont care about that. I wasted a lot of time, missed important business and got a lot of frustration from Iberia. I will never choose this airline again.
RouteMadrid to Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Iberia is a reliable airline"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Madrid return on A320 and A321. I can recommend Iberia although there are some negative aspects: there are no free drinks and snacks, not even water was free. Check-in at Frankfurt airport took very long, standing in line for 35 minutes and the online check-in did not work (impossible to download boarding pass on my smartphone). And the seating on A320 was very tight, even for me (I’m 170 cm tall). Experience on return flight was much better: Check-in at Madrid airport without waiting and seat pitch on A321 was much better. In general Iberia’s hub is fantastic, Madrid airport is efficient, modern and pleasant. One negative aspect turned into positive: when boarding time of my return flight had begun, the staff told us that the aircraft had technical issues and an equipment change was needed. We went to another gate and finally the delay was only 30 minutes, which is a good result in my opinion. Iberia is a reliable airline and much better than Ryanair with their canceled and delayed flights.
AircraftA320 / A321
RouteFrankfurt to Madrid
Date FlownOctober 2017

"asked to check-in hand luggage"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Porto. We were being asked to check-in our hand luggage or to leave it by the aircraft and pick it up upon arrival (people were approached in an extremely polite manner in MAD, I must say). I find this irritating, as I had one piece of luggage, within the rules. Other people didn't. Those should be asked to do this. Nice crew and otherwise uneventful flight.
RouteMadrid to Porto
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"experience was outstanding"

Trip Verified | We flew round trip between Chicago and Madrid in Iberia business. Our experience on both flights was outstanding. Check in was quick and lounges in both cities were excellent with the American Airlines O'Hare lounge being exceptional. Cabin crews on both flights were pleasant and efficient. Iberia's business class seat is comfortable although the aisle seats lack privacy and are subject to bumping by folks passing by. We selected a pair of "honeymoon" seats to avoid those issues. Iberia offered frequent beverage service that included good wines. Only their coffee was lacking (I wondered if they use robusta rather than arabica coffee) Our main meals were some of the best we have ever had in business class. My grilled bream was one of the best fish meals that I have ever enjoyed and equaled fish I ate at quality Spanish restaurants. I've included a picture of my fish entree and the appetizer service which could be a meal by itself. Even the arrival procedures in both cities went quickly and smoothly. We plan on flying Iberia again on an upcoming European trip and appreciate the effort they are making to provide a top notch business class product.
AircraftA330-300
RouteMadrid to Chicago
Date FlownOctober 2017

"interior and condition raise eyebrows"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | After several disappointing flights with Iberia, this one hit rock bottom. Iberia's Airbus A330-200's are all less than 2 years old, yet their interior and condition raise eyebrows. I had to store luggage in the compartments behind me as the one above my seat did not open. Very disappointed with how Iberia have changed over the last years. Their Menu has not changed once - yes not a big issue, but if you are a frequent flyer you would like an alternative maybe once in a while. The food was terrible but I don't recall ever having a sound meal on a flight departing from JFK. Iberia should change their catering logistics here as food on inbound flight from Madrid was a 10. Cabin crew did not seem bothered on this flight. The purser of the flight made no effort. Sat in his seat and played on his phone. Hate the idea of everything being recorded now. No announcements done by cabin crew whatsoever anymore, all recorded. Makes it very un-personal and very annoying. Some of these messages go on for minutes. Whoever came up with that idea. Free WIFI voucher did not work. Their seats were OK and that is pretty much it. Apart from that no chance. What a shame Iberia!
AircraftA330-200
RouteNew York to Madrid
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Stay away from this company"

(Slovenia)

Verified Review | We booked a return flight from Barcelona to Punta Cana for 3 people with Iberia. While making a booking, Iberia was shown as the carrier all the time. Since I have flown Iberia multiple times I am confident booking their flights as I know 1pcs hold baggage is always included in the fare and they have one of the best meals. Upon checking in (also done on Iberia website) we got a boarding passes marked as LEVEL airline (never heard of it before) with a huge mark no baggage. So we had to purchase additional baggage for 3 people, but we were not aware that there is also no meals included on a 10hr flight! Looked at an electronic ticket from Iberia and it clearly marked meal included (as Nr 3, No preference). Check-in agent was very attentive and said he can try to do whatever but that he has tons of cases like that where people are deceived into flying with Iberia but then they put them on a Level flight, with no luggage and meals! He said it happens every day! As meals were clearly marked on the ticket we kindly asked if we can talk to Iberia customer service regarding this. And that is when we were outraged by their customer service. He looked into the system and just waved at us that there is nothing he can do. When presenting their ticket with meals clearly marked for both flights and the inbound flight even stating “operated by Iberia”, he said that is a mistake on the ticket (their ticket!) and there is nothing he can do. The LEVEL flight experience was very bad. The plane is cramped, staff very unpolite, no blankets and pillows are offered. Paid 10eur for 40mb of internet, the line was unactive (notified after payment of course), so did not get to use any, threw away money. Stay away from this company at all costs.
RouteBarcelona to Punta Cana
Date FlownNovember 2017

"I was very disappointed"

Verified Review | London to Madrid. Iberia is the national airline of Spain and accordingly one would hope that this airline would attempt to create a positive first image of a nation famed for hospitality and good food and high standards of service. Sadly, this was not the case. On what was a very busy Saturday afternoon at Heathrow, I dropped my bag off at the BA counter shared with Iberia. This was quick and efficient. Boarding was via a rather remote part of the airport and I noted some elderly people struggling with steep stairs to reach the boarding area. As I boarded a flight a male flight attendant coughed in my face twice and made no apology. The crew with one exception were absent during the flight. What alarmed me was the robotic and insincere attempt to have a security talk. I was not impressed. Food had to be purchased and was not of a good quality at all. I was very disappointed. The aircraft was however clean and the seats comfortable. The captain only made one announcement at the end of the flight. Disembarkation was orderly. In view of the cost of the flight, I was rather disappointed.
RouteLondon to Madrid