Hainan Airlines

"most comfortable air journey"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Las Vegas. The first time I chose to fly with Hainan Airlines flight to US, that's the best flight experience. The seat is spacious and comfortable, and entertainment system made my journey colorful, food tastes good, flight attendants are very hardworking and helpful. I think HNA is the best airline in China. Thank you very much for all the crew of HU7969 for the most comfortable air journey with you.
RouteBeijing to Las Vegas

"Service was excellent"

(Israel)

Verified Review | The first time flying return Tel Aviv - Beijing. Both flights took off and landed on time. The seats were very comfotable with extra leg room. Service was excellent with staff serving food and beverages the whole time. The food was ok for airline food, we were given 2 meals with 3 options for the main meal. On our outward flight there were no options when they got to our seats, but we were woken up especially later to make sure we were first to choose from the breakfast menu. There were drinks and snacks in the back of the plane throughout the flight. Toilets were constantly cleaned by the staff. In house entertaininment was sufficient and we saw some new English speaking films on both flights. We were very pleasantly surprised by the high standards and low price and hope I have the opportunity to fly Hainan Airlines again.
RouteBeijing to Tel Aviv

"better than Air Canada"

Verified Review | Beijing to Calgary. Everything is perfect. Hainan Airlines is the best airline of mainland China. I take almost all the airlines to Canada it's even better than Air Canada. Food is very tasty and delicious and service is kind and let you getting comfortable.
RouteBeijing to Calgary
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"experience is pretty decent"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Las Vegas. The flight was delayed for 30 minutes due to the air traffic at Beijing, but the flight arrived without any problems. The service of the cabin crew was satisfying and all my needs were met. The overall experience is pretty decent.
RouteBeijing to Las Vegas

"Friendly cabin staff"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Rome to Xi'an. Great ground service with courteous people. cleaning status of the aircraft good , food and beverage in line with the business class. Friendly cabin staff. The seat isn't very comfortable in bed position and there are not many movies in Italian language.
RouteRome to Xi'an
Date FlownAugust 2017

"thanks for their hospitality"

Verified Review | Beijing to Kunming, the crew members were doing excellent jobs. The meal was warm and delicious. One of the crew chatted a lot, and there was some very interesting things for us to talk about, before landing I received a birthday card from one of other crew member. I appreciate the flight attendants on board HU7211, and thanks for their hospitality.
RouteBeijing to Kunming

"will choose them again"

Verified Review | Beijing to San Jose. Before booking the flight, I did a lot of research because we would be travelling with a one-year old and comfort & cabin service were important to us. The cabin crew members were friendly. After we boarded the attendant noticed we were with a baby and she came to set up the baby food arrangement and playing with my little one while we were settling in. They provided pillows, blankets, and eye-covers. Warm towels before the meal. Attendants were fast to service call, and good selection of food/beverage and movies. If I have to be picky about the overall experience, the security check at Beijing Airport was too time-consuming. In summary, I enjoyed flying with Hainan Airlines, and will choose them again and recommend.
RouteBeijing to San Jose

"crew were very nice"

Verified Review | Seattle to Shanghai. The airplane is relatively new. The inflight entertainment contains a wide range of movies from different countries and also the lastest songs. The crew were very nice and friendly. I would not say they have great food on the plane but I wouldn't complain too much with an economy class ticket. But they do have a large selection of beverages and offer different types of wines.
RouteSeattle to Shanghai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"an employee requested money"

(China)

Verified Review | Manchester to Changsha via Beijing. I was impressed by the service during my two flights (Manchester to Beijing, and Beijing to Changsha). The staff were knowledgeable, helping with comfort and with immigration papers, they also had great presentation and a smile on their faces. The general comfort on the flight was great - good legroom, comfortable seats, and the food was good. I ordered a fruit platter for my longer journey, and was offered the general menu as well during the long flight alongside my two servings (main meal and breakfast meal) of the fruit platter. My negative comment is during my transfer in Beijing airport, where I had just over two hours to transfer, someone that I believe was an employee of Hainan airlines requested money for helping me take my luggage from terminal (arrival) to terminal (departure). I accepted due to politeness of employee and the fact I was nervous about this transfer and welcomed assistance, but I wonder whether I could have received same assistance without need to pay, as Hainan Airlines kiosks were located along the route. This person found me immediately after I picked up my luggage, so I will mark down for ground service. I would definitely recommend Hainan airlines to anyone flying these routes!
AircraftB787, class Y
RouteManchester to Changsha via Beijing
Date FlownAugust 2017

"satisfied with this flight experience"

(China)

Verified Review | Beijing to Seattle. I was really satisfied with this flight experience. Since there was some issues about the date for my F1 status so for the first time I could not enter the US, the staff in Hainan Airlines helped me call the US offices to make sure the exact date that I can enter the US, which is two days after. And then helped me change flight date immediately with low fares. Very thoughtful and effective.
RouteBeijing to Seattle

Hainan Airlines Photos

HAINAN AIRLINES

Hainan Airlines is a privately owned airline, the fourth largest carrier in China. Celebrating its 24th anniversary in 2017, Hainan Airlines is the only Chinese mainland carrier to be ranked as a 5-Star Airline. The main international hub is Beijing Airport, other hubs at Chengdu, Chingqing, Changsha, Xi'an and Shangai. Hainan Airlines has a fleet of over 180 aircraft, including Boeing 787-9 / 787-8 / 767-300 / 737-800, A330-200/300, anda further 75 aircraft on order.

NEW UNIFORMS

Hainan Airlines unveiled their new uniforms at Paris Couture Week in June 2017. The fifth-generation Hainan Airlines uniforms highlight the combination of traditional Chinese features and internationally popular elements. The fusion of traditional Chinese elements and popular international fashion created an Oriental masterpiece that turned heads in Paris.

BUSINESS CLASS

Hainan Airlines long haul business class is provided on Boeing 787 and A330 aircraft, with flat bed seats, arranged 1x2x1 and 2x2x2 subject to aircraft type. In addition to luxury amenities, business class service includes an Onboard Chef and full dine on demand.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
Onboard WiFi (some int'l routes)
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand a la carte dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

DOMESTIC FIRST CLASS

Domestic first class is provided using a mixture of widebody A330, Boeing 787 and Boeing 737-800 aircraft.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
AmenitiesSlippers, eyeshade etc

ECONOMY CLASS

Hainan Airlines long haul economy class uses Boeing 787, A330 and Boeing 767 aircraft, and also includes Boeing 737-800 on domestic routes.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 19 ins
Onboard WiFi (some int'l routes)
power_iconUSB power (most int'l routes)
DiningChinese & Western meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets
AmenitiesAmenity pack (int'l routes)

LOUNGES

Hainan Airlines have recently opened their flagship international lounge, the HNA Club at Terminal 2, Beijing Capital Airport. They also offer domestic lounges at many airports across China and have a new International lounge opening in Xi'an during 2017.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
Seat pitchPrivate seat pods
Lounge showersShower rooms
WiFiLounge WiFi
Work StationsWorkstations / business area
power_iconCharging facilities
AVODEntertainment area
DiningBuffet & a la carte dining
WinesSelf service bar