Emirates

"Easyjet and Ryanair offer better support"

Verified Review | Booked to fly London to Ahmedabad via Dubai in November 2017. Do not fly with Emirates if you are booking wheelchair assistance. Their support is useless. There is no dedicated support team and their customer staff know nothing. I have had to pay to reserve seats near the entrance and near the toilets - I have been rated as having higher rate mobility needs as I cannot walk 20m. It has taken 2 hours and 4 staff to get this far. Even Easyjet and Ryanair offer better support. I will never travel Emirates again.
RouteLondon to Ahmedabad via Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2017

"great deal of new movies"

Verified Review | Istanbul to Dubai. Check In, boarding all swift. Very comfortable cabin with good leg room, mood lighting, huge HD screens and Emirates entertainment system with a great deal of new movies. I had booked a diet meal which was excellent with fish and steamed vegetables. Crew extremely attentive and brought everything very quickly. Full service aperitif, I had ordered brandy with Ice, then choice of teas and coffees after dinner served nicely. Very elegant. I had a great time. And we arrived 30 minutes ahead of schedule!
AircraftBoeing 777 300 ER
RouteIstanbul to Dubai

"Excellent airport services"

Verified Review | Dubai to Islamabad. Excellent airport services. Seats are very comfortable, excellent entertainment system. The only drawback was the food which was not as per menu and I did not get the full menu. The flight departed and arrived on time. I would recommend Emirates.
AircraftBoeing 777-300er
RouteDubai to Islamabad
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"decent selection of entertainment"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Budapest to Jakarta via Dubai was pleasant. The ground staff were courteous, flight was on time on both legs. During the flight the crew were polite and some were quite enthusiastic. The food was good enough. The IFE screen was responsive and a decent selection of entertainment. There were some downsides though - I think they could update the IFE with more newest movies. I have to admit some of the flight attendants were looking really tired, and even though the food was good enough, i really think they could do a lot better.
RouteBudapest to Jakarta via Dubai

"a sorry shambles"

Verified Review | Check in pretty slick, but after that - oh dear. First flight left late meaning a missed connection. Other aspects of the flight fine - great choice of movies and food was pretty good too. Very little information and infrequent updates but it happens. However I guess it's then how you deal with it that counts. Connections counter horribly busy in Dubai, staff stressed and barely friendly. No flight available for 36 hours, and that is with an extra connection and using a budget airline we always avoid for the second leg (Jetstar). Four hours after landing in Dubai we got to check in at the airport hotel - and only smoking rooms were available. So we had a further miserable wait - including an attempt to chat to the disinterested Emirates customer service representative - before finally getting to our room. Which had 2 beds, 2 pillows, 1 towel and no baby cot as promised. I've had missed connections with the children on both BA and Singapore and while it's never fun, they've been reasonable (BA) or good (Singapore) at dealing with it. Emirates were a sorry shambles and have a lot to learn about dealing with problems. Most miserable flight experience on my first flight with them.
RouteGlasgow to Brisbane via Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2017

"complain about lack of courtesy"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | Johannesburg to Mumbai via Dubai. Traveling in economy class I cannot complain about the space etc. I have an issue with the staff attitude to passengers. Having travelled extensively on different airlines to Europe, USA, Far East, I think I'm adequately qualified to to complain about the lack of courtesy meted out by Emirates staff. They appeared to be a disgruntled lot who found it difficult to even crack a smile. A male attendant was particularly impatient with passengers asking for any service. Even though my husband is a platinum skywards member, I don't think I will be booking on this airline anytime soon. Every passenger, economy to first class deserves the same respect.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777-300
RouteJohannesburg to Mumbai via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"nothing to write home about"

Verified Review | Dubai to Sydney via Bangkok. We had heard good reports of Emirates business class and it was okay. The seats were way too crammed with little or no room to turn once reclined - so many business class seats on this flight that service suffered (eg. an hour between courses). Emirates lounges were in fact busier than outside the lounge, just craziness - we waited on the tarmac in Bangkok in a storm for over an hour without any feedback. So, all up okay, but nothing to write home about really.
RouteDubai to Sydney via Bangkok

"I’m really disappointed"

Verified Review | Dubai to Amman return. I modified my return ticket from 8th September to 10th September through the Emirates application and I have the confirmation and the deduction money message from the bank. The thing is it’s canceled because an error in the system as they told me. They didn’t notify me, call me or send me an email. I tried to check in online but I couldn’t find the ticket and when I call them they said it’s canceled and you should call us. Then I asked him the flight is about 7 hours no time what to do? He told me to pay 1500DH if I want to come by that flight. I told him it’s your mistake, they said you are right but we can’t do anything for you. So I booked another ticket from another airline cost me 2000Dh. I went to Emirates HQ to complain but they said you should contact our office when you got cancel notification. I said I didn’t got anything. So I lost my return ticket and I lost 2000DH. This is what I got from Emirates airline however I’m living in Abu Dhabi and I go to Dubai because I use to love this airline. I’m really disappointed and never expected that.
RouteDubai to Amman
Date FlownAugust 2017

"crew very friendly and efficient"

Verified Review | 17 B Aisle side Window seat, usual Emirates Business class seat. Crew on this occasion very friendly and efficient and knew what they were doing as I have had flights with very hit and miss service. Daytime inbound flight food good and entertainment very good. Full flight but very comfortable. The one disappointment was the foot well is not as long as the A,E,F and K seats and when 6'4" you really notice the difference. On this flight I would always try for another seat but it was full when I booked. All in all very good flight and would recommend.
RouteDubai to London Heathrow
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"great choice of entertainment"

Verified Review | Great flight, seating 2-3-2. Plenty of space, wide screen TV great choice of entertainment. Very early flight departure 0210, staff on-board with passengers from Phnom Penh very friendly. Just settled into bed sleep mode 11 F aisle seat, bed was more comfortable than the A380 and would travel on this aircraft again. Slept most of the flight and ready for Dubai.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER