Emirates

"no fast track personnel available"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Dublin via Dubai. One piece of baggage delayed/not arrived. Other bag damaged lock broken and manual attempt to open from arrived status. No fast track personnel available at Dubai despite flight being somewhat late. To claim for damaged bag asked to visit site and process. Site not available for baggage claims. All above whilst flying Business Class
RouteJohannesburg to Dublin via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2018

"not a great experience"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | Zagreb to Ho Chi Minh City via Dubai. Very long wait for check in, not enough staff. In-flight service was decent, food so so. My luggage was quite damaged though when landed, and as I was in a hurry didn't had time to report it straight away. All in all, not a great experience. Not gonna fly with them again.
RouteZagreb to Ho Chi Minh City via Dubai

"another excellent flight"

Trip Verified | Rome to Dubai. An excellent flight on Emirates. Boarding at FCO on the A380 now faster, smoother thanks to the new departure gate at FCO with dual level air stairs. Nice welcome on board by smiling, professional crew. Took off 30 mins late due to late arrival of the inbound aircraft (due, no doubt, to delays at DXB during the morning departure rush between 07.30 - 10.00) but time was made up and we later landed on schedule. Someone says on earlier report that EK doesn't ask for feedback? There's a digital survey card contained within ICE or you can report your comments to one of the cabin supervisors. I did this as I wanted to comment on the fact that EK no longer offers a pre-lunch drinks service on this route instead combining the meal and cocktail service together. I understand why this is - some people want to eat as soon as they sit down - but it does make the initial part of the cabin service rather rushed, which is unnecessary on a 5.5 hour flight. In the past on this route ice cream was served about 4 hours into the flight but this has now been replaced with a sandwich and tea / coffee. Lunch, incidentally, was excellent (braised beef, gratin potatoes and the most delicious crumble for dessert), and I write that as someone who doesn't usually take the meal on this sector. Being extra picky here but it's a shame Campari is no longer offered as a cocktail in economy but good to note there was a selection of three different types of red wine. Everyone knows the ICE entertainment system is absolutely superb and caters for all nationalities / languages, I often watch Italian or French movies. This time, it even included live World Cup football. And the economy seats on EK's A380s are so comfortable and spacious. All-in-all another excellent flight on Emirates, an airline we've been flying regularly since they only had two or three planes!
RouteRome to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2018

"I am quite disappointed"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Zagreb via Dubai. I am quite disappointed with the general experience with Emirates. The taste catering is bad and the sandwiches are too dry to eat. The seat is of average space, but your space will be highly deprived when the front seat reclined. The TV appears to be too bright and it hurts the eyes. I could not watch the flight information on some of the flights. The thing that I am most furious is about the online system of Emirates. The website lags and you have very few choice in online check in as all passengers are pre-allocated a seat before check in. Finally, transit in Dubai Airport is a disaster that you could hardly find a way and it seems to be messy. Fortunately, cabin crew speak fluent English and they are international.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteHong Kong to Zagreb via Dubai
Date FlownJune 2018

"never fly with them again"

Not Verified | The booked flight was Gatwick to Wellington via Dubai and Auckland. The flight to Dubai was delayed by fog at Dubai, not Emirates fault, but no one to help us get to the right gate for the onward flight. Got on plane in time but it sat there for another 2 hours. Big rush to get from AKL intl. to domestic terminal but ongoing flight delayed for over 5 hours, no plane! The return journey was delayed at AKL by 6 hours due to tropical storm so missed connection to Gatwickat Dubai. Re routed to LHr via Rome. I have been trying to get compensation from Emirates ever since. Found out today that my airmiles for the return journey had not been credited to me either. Plane, crew, food and service is great, but their customer service is absolute rubbish, will never fly with them again.
RouteGatwick to Auckland via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2017

"over priced and over rated"

Not Verified | London to Adelaide via Dubai / Brisbane. I am very surprised that huge airlines like Emirates do not ask you to review them after your flight. Do they not want to know about problems or have feedback? Obviously not. I heard it was rated best airline but by whom? I have travelled with them and other large airlines but not been asked to vote for them good or bad. Well I review them as bad. It is not made clear during booking how much seat allocation is going to cost you until after you have paid for your flight (apparently hidden somewhere in the smallprint) You should have the opportunity DURING the booking process to add your chosen seats then you would not have to add them on extra later. I paid £180 for return flight for me and my child to sit together. That was just allocating the two cheapest seats together. The flights were £1500+. They told me I could book 2 seats together within 48 hours of flying for free if there were any left - thats if. The airport terminal in Dubai is enormous and we only just made it to the gate for the next leg on time. They need longer on the ground before next flight. Myself and my son, the people to my side that I could see clearly did not eat the food apart from scones. The green sausages looked like plasticine. The white sausages again looked and tasted of plasticine. It states clearly on the website all children travelling will be allocated child meals automatically 24 hours before travel. They do not. If I wanted my child to have child meals I had to personally phone on all 4 legs of the journey to book each one. It is not available to do this online, but meals like kosher and vegetarian are! Ridiculous. And when we boarded, after an hour of take off my son was really thirsty so pressed the bell for water - it took over 40 minutes for him to be attended and the people behind me kept pressing too but nobody came to them either. I will not choose to fly Emirates again, over priced and over rated. I've been with Malaysian Airlines and Qantas before and will go back to them next time as I never encountered one problem with either airline.
RouteLondon to Adelaide via Dubai / Brisbane
Date FlownApril 2018

"Was really impressed"

Trip Verified | Flew from Dubai to Seattle, and JFK back to Dubai. First on Boeing 777 to Seattle full flight yet comfortable. I managed to have some good sleep, food was good quality, served breakfast and pizza and lunch. Crew were friendly and very helpful and flight was smooth. Return was from JFK to Dubai another 13 hrs on A380, the space in economy is huge and comfortable lucky enough the only empty seat was the one next to me so had the space to stretch and sleep, food was very tasty and again crew were very friendly and nice. Once we arrived in Dubai since I’m a resident I was at the luggage belt in less than 5 mins and in 20 mins I was in the taxi on my way home. Was really impressed with the Emirates long haul experience since this is my very first longest flights ever and it was smooth and comfortable.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A380
RouteNew York to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2018

"Had an excellent flight"

Trip Verified | London to Jakarta via Dubai. Had an excellent flight in Economy Class. The seats on the Boeing 777 are pretty narrow but on the A380 it was comfortable. The food was delicious. Both flight has a new entertainment system which is the best entertainment I have had. The crew were great and were friendly. Overall, I recommend this flight.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteLondon to Jakarta via Dubai
Date FlownJune 2018

"perfect service, great planes"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Bahrain to London via Dubai. Our family often uses Emirates for our international flights and in the 4 years of being their customer we have never had a bad expirience. I often travel alone with 2 kids and I always find the staff to be very acomodating and helpful. Kids get their entertainment packs almost as soon as we find our seats, their meals come promptly, before other passengers and on-board nanny is always at our service. These particular flights were no different, lovely experience, perfect service, great planes and entertainment.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A380
RouteBahrain to London via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2017

"so much options for movies"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Dubai. In my opinion emirates still remains a bench mark for comfort / services and professional flight crew. The crew takes care of you and the entertainment on board (ICE) is legendary. You will never have so much options for movies, documentaries, and so one.
AircraftB777 / A380