Emirates

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manchester via Dubai. Terrible customer service, very unhelpful and feel I was lied to and mislead by customer services! I would never use this company again due to there lack of compassion and unhelpful and very poor customer service. Tried to contact them they replied asking for details and my contact details! Still heard nothing back. Very poor and would not use this airline again!
RouteBangkok to Manchester via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2017

"really disappointed"

Trip Verified | Milan to Dubai. I usually like Emirates but this time they really disappointed. The cabin crew was careless. The meal was bad and cabin crew didn't come when I called them just to get some water. Really disappointing but of course ICE (the on-board entertainment system) was impeccable. Flight was ok but Emirates' standards are higher than that.
RouteMilan to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"customer care is poor"

Trip Verified | New York to Mumbai via Dubai. Comfortable, clean and modern aircraft. In flight entertainment excellent. Food was decent and warm. Customer care is poor. The flight crew are running around doing whatever they feel. Most of the time they are sitting in the middle talking to each other. I have been flying internationally for last 15 years and this was the first time a crew member got upset when I made a request for water. In between meals no beverage provided. Even when meal service was being done, one of the stewardess rushed past everyone so that no one could order. This airline is not worth your money. Please spend a few more bucks and go to Qatar Airways where you will be respected as a human being or go cheap on Etihad as they are worth what you pay. Emirates no longer cares about its customers. I regret spending my money and keeping my expectations high with Emirates. Never will I fly them again.
RouteNew York to Mumbai via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2017

"IFE continues to be outstanding"

Trip Verified | The chauffeur service (always a Mercedes) and lounge provided in Delhi was great. The flight from Delhi to Dubai was uneventful at 4am except that the steward was helpful and smiling most of the time. That was a delight which was dampened by a remote bay arrival into busy Dubai. The lounge in Concourse A helps you board directly from the gate which is great. It is not as good though as the lounge in Concourse B. The flight to Toronto featured a new business class cabin on the upper deck with no overhead bins on the window side. The flight was full and the flight attendant, although tired at the fag end of 14 hours could not do enough. The bar was a superb place to hang out when I was tired sitting on the seat - and this leads to being overfed on even a long haul flight - you cannot stop picking at snacks at the bar. I did feel the seat/bed was a bit too tight (even though I am a relatively smaller person). The food and IFE continues to be outstanding. Also wifi is free for business class passengers and I was connected inflight almost all along. Arrival at Toronto airport was fuss free and it is a however a bit difficult to locate the chauffeur service at exit. Would definitely recommend the glamorous experience on Emirates.
RouteDelhi to Toronto via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"crew were also very friendly"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Flew Emirates from Karachi to Jeddah via Dubai. Best airline in the world and the Gulf. Emirates offer the best cuisines onboard and have the most comfortable economy class seats. Inflight entertainment system cant be described in words, it was excellent and it had all movies of our native country. The crew were also very friendly.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER, A380-800
RouteKarachi to Jeddah via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"charge for exit row seats"

Trip Verified | I have been flying with Emirates for 6 years as they offered good customer service, and did not sell exit row seats. No longer it seems. I recently booked a flight from London to Denpasar via Dubai, only to find after paying for the flight that Emirates now charge for exit row seats, in this case an additional £150. I immediately called Emirates to discuss this to see if anything could be done. The representative said my options were to pay for the seats, pay a £100 cancellation fee or email customer services. I emailed customer services highlighting that it is poor customer service and even worse business process to not show the potential full price of the flight until after the customer has booked and requested a fair and reasonable solution. The representative said my options were to pay for the seats or pay a £100 cancellation fee. Shame Emirates. Emirates did not show the full price and are using a misleading process that sells a ticket without showing the potential full price. Even easyJet and Ryanair show users the full price of their tickets before purchase! Emirates used to be a company that put customers at the heart of the business. I guess now it is just money.
RouteLondon to Denpasar via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"extremely unfair on people like myself"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Emirates appear to be upgrading a lot of Economy passengers to Business. At check in the Business Class was only partially occupied on the Madrid-Dubai segment, indeed a few days before check in occupation was very sparse. On the day of travel it was almost full. So where did all the passengers suddenly appear from? I can only guess that they were upgrades, unless Emirates are bulk selling Business seats at lower prices through bucket shops. In either case, it seems extremely unfair on people like myself who have paid full price out of our own pocket, since the service for so many passengers is obviously not as good and why should I have to pay three times as much as my neighbour for the same seat? To add insult to injury, Madrid and Barcelona are Emirates' most expensive business class departures cities in Europe. Example Madrid Australia return is 5000 euros + from Madrid but less than 4000 euros from Paris or London. Having paid above the odds and then to see an invasion apparently from Economy Class is simply insulting.
RouteMadrid to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"an exceptional good service"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Zurich. Our flight to Zurich departed on time and we were warmly welcomed by the crew, who provided a very attentive and excellent service on a full flight. The spacious cabin and very comfortable seat made it also a very relaxed flight. The food and drinks were again of very high standard. The chauffeur service during my trip was excellent, always punctual, and the service made travelling very smooth! I was provided with an exceptional good service by very friendly and caring cabin crew. I always felt very welcomed and very well looked after. In the past I had flown Emirates in Economy (which had also been a very positive experience) and did not regret for one moment choosing them for flying business.
RouteDubai to Zurich
Date FlownNovember 2017

"ground staff kept us well informed"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Auckland Due to a medical emergency on the incoming flight from Dubai, the flight from Melbourne to Auckland was delayed by 4 hours. Emirates did sent a text message well ahead of the originally scheduled departure so there was no need to rush to the airport. I waited in the very comfortable Emirates Lounge and the ground staff kept us well informed about the new planned boarding time. Boarding processed smoothly and the crew on this flight was fantastic. They provided an exceptional service and made me feel very welcome. They were just the best! Auckland to Dubai Boarding again was smooth and the flight departed on time. I looked forward to one of the longest non-stop flights on the A380 and I was not disappointed. A very friendly crew provided a superb service from start till the end of this long journey. Dinner was served not too late after departure so that we could settle in for a good sleep. The meal options and wine offerings were again fantastic. For those still feeling hungry, there were additional options of warm and cold snacks available and prepared throughout the flight by the crew. Also, there were plenty of hors d'oeuvres on offer at the bar. The brilliant inflight entertainment system helped to ease any boredom on this long flight. Given the length of the flight, we arrived well ahead of schedule in Dubai.
RouteMelbourne to Auckland / Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Overall, I had a great flight"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Melbourne via Dubai. I was punctually picked-up by the chauffeur drive service, and had a smooth check-in and quick transfer through customs & security to the lounge. Boarding commenced on time and I was welcomed by a very friendly and helpful cabin crew. The crew was very attentive and provided excellent service throughout a full and very busy flight. My window seat was very comfortable with lots of legroom and also a small little mini bar with soft drinks, which were replenished throughout the flight. The food offered on board was excellent and Emirates' wine list is of very high quality. Both food and wine offerings were very generous. The inflight entertainment system is the best and has a fantastic selection of movies, shows and music. The A380 is a wonderful plane to fly in, very quiet, spacious and the bar of course is one of the highlights. Overall, I had a great flight. After a 3 hour break I was due to board the connecting flight to Melbourne. Fog in Dubai though caused a delay but we were kept well informed by ground staff and once boarding started it was smooth. The A380 cabin as well as the service in this very busy flight (full business class) was again fabulous. Maybe just something trivial, but I loved that one could adjust the window blinds individually by pressing the respective buttons. The free inflight wifi in business class is brilliant and I enjoyed keeping in touch with friends along the trip. I managed to sleep for most of the flight and after a light breakfast (there are various breakfast options available, I decided to choose the lightest version) we landing in Melbourne.
RouteZurich to Melbourne via Dubai