Emirates

Emirates customer review

SYD-DXB-CDG and CMN-DXB. Seating is tight particularly on the 777 compared to the A380 (don't like the 10 abreast idea). Cabin staff look good and do everything expected of them but do seem a little cold and lack warmth. Was disappointed that both DXB arrivals were at remote gates which makes the arrival experience tedious. Used the Dubai Connect hotel/transfer service from Casablanca (connecting onto Qantas at DXB) which is a godsend. Was impressed how efficiently it all worked. DXB airport is huge but works reasonably well. Enjoyed using the Business Lounge possible because of my Qantas Club membership. IFE is excellent.

(South Korea)

I flew from Copenhagen to Dubai in January 2014 on the brand new 777-ER. The seats were comfortable and the service was excellent. For the entertainment you didn't need to use the corded control they supplied you with a tablet to control your entertainment. If you didn't like the screen or you wanted to play games the tablet was a great option. I had some problems with the people in front of me. It was a family of 3 the child tossed crisps onto me and the parents couldn't care less. Staff said nothing to the parents.

Emirates customer review

Flew from LAX to Dubai on 3/25/14 and back on 4/15/14. The service level was poor! The food was lousy and the bathrooms were dirty and out of stock! There were trash on the cabin floor and none of the attendants bothered to pick it up! The food trays stayed in front of passengers for at least 40 minutes before they were picked up. The internet connection was very poor and I kept being disconnected every few seconds! When passengers myself included used the button to call an attendant no one paid any attention! Mine was on for 30 minutes before an attendant turned it off while he was passing by and didn't even bother to ask me why I turned it on!

Emirates customer review

I've flown Emirates on a regular basis for 6 or 7 years and it seems the reliability is slipping. LGW-BKK-LGW - all flights were late (up to 1.5 hours) except the DXB-LGW leg. 2.5 hour connections in DXB are now becoming very tight and stressful due to lateness of flights and the inordinate amount of bussing in DXB. Check-In (online) on all flights excellent. As for the flights themselves all very full so Emirates must be doing something right. Cabin Service in Business is OK but nothing special and in Economy is very much dependent on the crew - can be highly variable. On the plus side the in flight entertainment is good the prices are competitive and frequent fliers are frequently upgraded. The bad news is that Emirates seem to be expanding faster than DXB is so I don't see the transit experience getting any better any time soon.

Emirates customer review

EK231 April 14 2014. Overall experience: unsatisfactory rude flight attendants. My first time flying economy class with Emirates and I will never use them again. Flight attendants were rude when serving meals. My wife was asked what kind of food she would like and she said chicken. In a rude tone the flight attendant said they were out of chicken and only had vegetarian while throwing the meal to my wife. When serving the second meals (breakfast) the same thing happened. Finally she came back with the food of our choice.

Emirates customer review

EK242 Toronto to Dubai 4/9/2014. EK524 Dubai to Hyderabad India 4/10/2014. It was a great experience this was my first time with this airline. Excellent customer service crew members were very helpful. The complimentary food was excellent.

Emirates customer review

April 6 to April 11. Flight 206 from New York and 205 from Milan Italy. I was very surprised to learn upon check in that the carry on requirements for economy consists of one bag that has to weigh no more than 7 kilos. In my entire life I have never had my carry on bag weighed so this was surprising. Many carry on bags can weigh up to 8 lbs for just the bag depending on the construction so 7 kilos is unreasonable to an extreme. Otherwise the flight was more enjoyable than most but given this unreasonable weight requirement I cannot fly Emirates again unfortunately. My carryon was weighed which put me into a position to have to decide if I should check an expensive camera and laptop and how to do that for which there really was no solution. A supervisor eventually came over took one fast look at the contents of my carry on without me saying anything and said it's fine but there was a good 10 minutes of discussing what to do before that.

Emirates customer review

Flew on 31/10/2013 from Dubai to New Delhi. It was a pleasant flight and luckily got upgraded to Business class at the boarding counter. Nice and pleasant cabin crew and a nice spacious seat. The food was good but the service during the meals was satisfactory. We were introduced to a variety of snacks throughout the flight. The In-Flight system was excellent and it was easy to pass the 3 hours.

Emirates customer review

Flew 27/01/14 from Glasgow to Dubai for the first time in business class and couldn't fault it! I was mesmerised with the room for a start and the service couldn't have been better. Although a bit slow on boarding the plane but didn't realise that all passengers enter via business class? Doesn't make sense to me!

Emirates customer review

April 9 2014. This is my second trip from Dubai to Toronto both trips had the same problems: Delay at Dubai airport. Rude staff. Food was bad. It was not worth the money. It's a direct flight but too many headaches involved. Unfortunately unpleasant experience.