Emirates

Emirates customer review

Economy B777-300ER from Manchester to Perth via Dubai. What a pleasant surprise when boarding at Manchester. The seat pitch was far more than I expected I am 5'8" and there was more than enough room to stretch out. Yes the seats are narrow but I personally didn't find that to be a problem. The entertainment was ICE and not wide screen which was a disappointment as there wasn't as much on offer to watch as advertised. The food was great and the crew very attentive. Upon boarding at Dubai the IFE this time was ice wide screen and what a difference - absolutely superb. There was so much to choose from! Again the seating was great and the service first class. Return leg was the same routing. Only 84 passengers from Perth to Dubai so we were All able to stretch out and have a row each to ourselves. Older entertainment system again though. Return to Manchester was packed. Even more updated entertainment which huge screens hand held touchscreen device and a brilliant selection. Tip - if you're travelling economy on this type of aircraft try and get in the first section of economy as there's less people the no one walks past and no queue for the toilet. Avoid row 21 though as that is the last row of that cabin section and you do get people waiting for the toilet there. We had row 18 and 19ABC and they were great seats. I will definitely fly Emirates again.

Emirates customer review

EK 215 and EK 823. LAX-DXB and DXB-DMM. Pleasantly surprised was dreading this flight back because of the bad experience I had during the inbound flight. It wasn't a full flight and I had all 3 seats to myself so could lie down made the 16hours leg comfortable. Plenty of drink runs and the food was very good albeit a small quantity but it was spaced well so I wasn't hungry throughout. Attendants were attentive but some seemed disinterested and cabin service can get disorganized at times. ICE was great but did not use much and noticed its the same contents as before. Seemed like catering out of DXB was of poorer quality hence the return from LAX is better. Transit at DXB was good arrived in the evening so not a lot of people. DXB-DMM was a hit and miss food was very good or a 1 hour flight but cabin crew was very disorganized and always on a rush. Landing smooth and communication from the cockpits was ok. All in all was a much better flight than the previous one I had.

Emirates customer review

EK 313 and EK 312 - 17th Feb and 22nd Feb 2014. I've done 2 flights in the last week with Emirates 1 in Business and 1 in Economy and I have to say it's been very hit and miss with the service and food served. The Economy flight DXB to Tokyo and the return was in Business. Funny thing was the Economy journey was better reasonable food and service. The seats were good for Economy class decent pitch and leg room etc. The service in Business seemed very disorganized and slow and the food was very average. The seats I found very narrow and carried the vibrations of people walking past and the person next to me moving around. We were delayed nearly 5 hours on-route because of fog in Dubai which is not the airlines fault of course but a lack of communicating left everyone wondering what was going on. I was very surprised overall by the quality of the business experience. I'll be sticking with Qantas!

Emirates customer review

My wife and I flew EK414 etd Dubai 0150 in January 2014. This is a direct flight Dubai to Sydney on the A380. The business seats on the Emirates A380 appear roomy until you actually sit in one when you realize that the arrangement of everything around you actually quite crowds you. The extension of the food and beverage tray leaves very little room to move. The bed is actually a flat bed but the shoulder room is too squashed even for the average sized person that I am. This made it difficult to get any reasonable sleep. The hostess insisted on keeping the shutters down for the full 14 hours of the flight as we travelled from night to day and then into the night. I think that this contributed to our very first experience of jet lag and we have done quite a bit of travelling. The business class bar is wasted space.

Emirates customer review

My wife and I flew on EK419 etd Sydney 1845 last September. The first leg on this B777 took us to Bangkok the second leg was to Dubai. Out of Sydney we tried to get some sleep and the hostess provided us with a thin mattress each for the flat but reclining bed. This initially seemed comfortable but we both awoke to find that we had slipped down the bed towards the footrest. On the second leg we dispensed with the mattress and we both had some good sleep. The reclining bed proved to be surprisingly comfortable and there is plenty of shoulder room to turn over in.

Emirates customer review

As we checked in at London Gatwick for Emirates flight EK0016 we were told the flight was delayed 1 hour advised that there were around '30 of us' so there would probably be ground staff waiting for us to escort us to the connecting gate. We asked whilst in the air if we would make the connecting flight and were told we would arrive at 1am and therefore would have plenty of time to make our way to the connecting gate. Arrived at the airport disembarked and were met by ground staff at 1.40am who advised us the connecting flight had already left. We were sat in the connecting flight area while our baggage claim tickets were taken from us advised that they needed to rebook our flights. When we were given meal vouchers at 2.20am I asked how long we would be waiting for they couldn't give a time. Told we would be on the 9.55am Qantas flight to Sydney QF002. Given a hotel voucher and advised we needed to be back 2 hours before the flight to check-in. 5 hours at the hotel did not seem worth the hassle and we asked if we could instead use the Emirates lounge told no to this request. We finally got to the hotel at 4.30am. When we finally arrived back at Dubai airport to check in to our rebooked flight we were told that as it was an almost full flight there were no seats next to each other left and that we would be sitting in separate aisles and middle seats. We did not pay extra money to be on a flight that arrived at a convenient time in Sydney only to have this ordeal happen to us and to be put on a full flight where we could not even sit next to the person we booked our flight with. Our dietary requirements were not carried over to the next flight we were not given an apology for this or an alternative solution. other airline would have provided.

(Denmark)

Outbound EK0062 from HAM-DXB (Aug 2nd 2013) and EK0372 from DXB-BKK (Aug 3rd 2013). Inbound EK0373 from BKK-DXB (Jan 23rd 2014) and EK0061 from DXB-HAM (Jan 24th 2014). Entertainment system is above everything else I have tried. The food and drink options are the best I have tried in Economy. They offered juice and water multiple times after food was served and if you turned on your lights the staff came right away. On my way home I had a few hours to spend in Dubai and one of the attendant took a lot of time to tell me about Dubai - what to see transportation how much money to exchange etc. Overall I more felt I was flying business than Economy.

Emirates customer review

Flew MAN-DXB-KUL and return flew on the new A380 the first leg and was very impressed with the seating meal and drink service plane only 1/2 full. Staff very friendly and efficient. The second leg was on the 777 to Melbourne Via KL. What a horrible journey seating was very tight and plane was full to capacity. Service onboard was not good at all food was bad and the drinks service only came once. Staff seemed to be more intent on chatting in the galley than actually serving the passengers. The return was no better from DXB to MAN but plane was not even half full so this made it a bit more bearable. Why does Emirates insist on over crowding the 777. Will only fly Emirates if the journey is on the A380.

Emirates customer review

Economy on EK405 (codeshare Qantas as QF8405) from Melbourne to Singapore on 19 Feb 2014. Emirates sent a B777-300 that was an older version without ICE digital but IMHO it is still much better than those found on Qantas A330-300s. The flight was operating below capacity hence most passengers had an entire row to themselves. Service staff ok dinner decent and entertainment options were very good. All in all a generally good flight to Singapore - nothing special but definitely not horrible. Worth flying again for the price paid.

(Thailand)

Flight EK 384 from Bangkok to Hong Kong on Feb 13th 2014. The flight was delayed for almost an hour. However they did arrive in Hong Kong 20 minutes late. The food and beverage was great and plentiful. The IFE good and the seat was comfortable for a short flight.