Delta Air Lines

"request was rather rudely denied"

Trip Verified | Miami to Atlanta via Greensboro. A last minute business trip prevented my husband from using his Delta Comfort return ticket. At the gate in Miami I requested to have his seat since my husband paid for the unused non -refundable ticket. I had both boarding passes to prove it. My request was rather rudely denied because my seat was a reward ticket. Upon boarding I found a non- rev flight attendant already comfy and cozy in the seat my husband bought. There were other empty seats on the flight, Very, very bad policy and very rude cs to favor a non-rev employee over the wife of a gold medallion status customer!
RouteMiami to Atlanta via Greensboro
Date FlownMay 2018

"wait at airport for 10:30 hours"

Trip Verified | I booked from Delta's site my tickets for Sydney to Denver via LA. My flight from Denver to LA was delayed and I lost the flight back to Sydney. I was supposed to arrive at LA at 21:30 but I arrived at 00:30. Delta booked me a hotel at LA in order to get the next flight to Sydney which was planned for next day at 22:30. The problem is that I had to check out from the hotel at 12:00, which means that I had to wait at the airport for 10:30 hours. Delta also gave me one coupon to have lunch (one meal in 24 hours, thanks Delta for keeping me slim). The best part of the story, however, is that I got a seat next to a giant guy so I had to sit in half seat during my flight. I asked several times the crew to take me to another seat, but they couldn't find any, although this was not true (I spotted empty seats 3 & 5 rows in front of me).
RouteSydney to Denver via Los Angeles

"a great experience"

Not Verified | I couldn’t be more pleased with my Delta experience. I flew on Thursday May 3rd, LGA to DEN and returned on May 6th. Both flights were on time, the plane was clean, entertainment was great (TV on each seat), snacks and drinks were plenty and the flight attendants were excellent. I am a Delta sky member, which gives you a free checked bag (not many airlines havec that anymore). Overall, a great experience!
RouteNew York to Denver
Date FlownMay 2018

"will never fly Delta again!"

Not Verified | Toronto to Ft Myers via La Guardia. The airline would not send a boarding pass to my phone. When I got to the airport, the kiosk would not print a boarding pass. There was no customer service rep at the desk. Consequently, by the time I was able to connect to a rep from Dallas, I had missed my flight. She rebooked me on a later flight, with two layovers, and charged me $119.00 for increase in fare. I received an email shortly thereafter that the flight was delayed, and that I may not make my connector flight. Once again, I called a rep who verified such, and she booked me on a flight going out the next day, the same trip I had originally booked, only one day later. I am now told, that even though I didn't take the first rebooked flight, the additional fees were not refundable. It was never brought to my attention that this was the case, I never even printed a ticket for such flight, that may have disclosed this. I will never fly Delta again!
RouteToronto to Ft Myers via La Guardia
Date FlownMay 2018

"I would fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Papeete via Los Angeles, the flight to Tahiti with Air France. Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in Tahiti. We travel extensively and I submit reviews whenever possible for all types of service, whether for good or bad but with honestly. Flying out of Minneapolis on Delta we sat on the tarmac for over and hour because of mechanical/electrical issues. Even tho the issue was not fixed, de-icing proceeded and we left for take off. Our connecting flight was in LA where we actually made it to the gate with well over 45 minutes before the boarding process. Our bags however, did not make that connection which we discovered upon arrival in Papeete. Took 3 days for Air France to deliver our stuff to Bora Bora. I realize these things happen and feel that Air France was at fault. The issue was "what airline do I file a reimbursement for necessities"? Air France strung me along for 4 weeks before I finally found someone who indicated Delta would be the one to reimburse. The whole Air France filing process is a joke. So today I received my $194 check from Delta and am extremely happy that I could actually get some compensation. Trust me you do not want to shop in Tahiti on a Sunday for toothpaste/toothbrushes and swimsuits. Thank you Delta, it is much appreciated. On a side note, I would fly Delta again and also Air France where the service and food were exceptional, even back in steerage.
RouteMinneapolis to Tahiti via Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Absolutely horrible experience"

Trip Verified | San Diego to Los Angeles. Absolutely horrible experience with these guys. First and last trip with them. Put on a standby list for no apparent reason! Charged for luggage even after showing them my military identification. Was told I had to be in uniform. The desk receptionist was horrible at customer service, handed him my credentials and he placed everything on the desk instead of handing them back to me. I wouldn’t suggest this airline to anyone!
RouteSan Diego to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2018

"kindly train your staff"

Trip Verified | San Jose to Pensacola. We were told that our skymiles (3 people) would be added to our account in a week's time and guess what, after spending over 2 hours on the phone, the Supervisor in Dallas tells us, those 3 agents from Delta, (that we spent over 2 hours on the phone with), gave us the wrong information. I am writing this review for whoever flies Delta. When you find a deal on say, Expedia, for any Delta flights, before proceeding with your booking, call Delta with the details of that particular flight, ask them to match the price and ensure that the skymiles are added to your account. It seems like the Customer service department is very poorly trained and therefore every representative gives you different information. My message to Delta Airlines is, kindly train your staff well so they know what the heck is going on. Also, it is imperative that Delta customer service agents take responsibility for each other's actions and Delta Airlines as a Whole, rather than saying, its not my department or the Delta agent gave you the wrong information, they didn't know etc. Thank you.
RouteSan Jose to Pensacola
Date FlownMay 2018

"taking my business elsewhere"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to New York JFK. I don’t know what has happened to Delta. I fly them almost exclusively and have seen their service continue to decline. On this trip outbound from JFK surprising I did not get my upgrade. First problem the cabin interior was old and stodgy. The entertainment system needed to be rebooted twice and the GOGO WiFi was a NOGO. Worst of all my seat did not recline. Lovely for a transcon flight. On my return I got my upgrade but shockingly the tray table in my premium economy seat was broken. I had to eat from my lap. In all my travels never had a tray table been broken in an upgrade section of a plane. Especially on an important business route. I’m taking my business elsewhere to try someone else.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLos Angeles to New York JFK
Date FlownMay 2018

"I'll avoid it like the plague"

Trip Verified | London to Costa Rica via Atlanta. When I booked tickets on the Delta website earlier this year to fly from London to Costa Rica I got all the way to the final screen without any problems only to find that when I clicked 'Buy' a pop up screen appeared telling me that there was now a high demand for these seats and if I wanted them I'd have to pay a couple of hundred dollars more. Delta might find this to be a great way to screw extra money out of your customers (and after all, they are an American company) and it might even be legal; but it's dishonest, unethical and just plain wrong. I've never known this from any other airline in over 40 years of flying. Secondly, as we flew over the Atlantic my wife and I were on the extreme right hand side of the plane, the guy on the same row in seat A had his window open - everyone else had their windows closed as the sun was low and very bright. This caused everyone in the row to have very bright sunlight in their eyes, we all complained to the stewardess who told us that the guy needed to work on his computer and so needed the window open to see the keyboard, I have to note that the window was partially closed so there was no sunlight in his eyes, just everyone elses. No matter how many times we complained the stewardess refused to tell the guy to close the window, so this went on for several hours, it made it difficult to see the entertainment, it made it impossible to sleep and it made the whole experience very unpleasant. Given the way several US airlines have treated their passengers over the past year I doubt that I'll ever fly on an American carrier again, they obviously don't care about passengers. As a further point, Atlanta airport is the biggest dump I've ever had to spend any time in, I'll avoid it like the plague in future
RouteLondon to Costa Rica via Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2018

"never fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Dallas Ft Worth. Worst experience. Had a 8pm flight and wanted to reach back home early and so reached airport at 5.30 to see if I could into an earlier flight. It seems the flight that was to leave at 3.30pm was delayed and leaving at 6.15pm but couldn’t get a spot there and is understandable. I sat patiently to get my flight at 8 when it was announced that the flight is delayed and would go only at 10. The plane came in late and we boarded and was to leave at 10.20. But captain announced they are waiting on some equipment alignment and kept the plane oh hold without any further announcement. It’s gong to be 11pm now and the flight is still grounded. Bad day overall and never fly Delta again. I fly American most of the time and have 150,000 flying miles and have faced issues but never got this kind of pathetic service.
RouteDetroit to Dallas Ft Worth