Delta Air Lines

"almost missed our flight."

Trip Verified | Houston to Minneapolis. Everything was fine except that we almost missed our flight. The gate was changed without our knowledge and when we happened to see our flight information at a different gate, the gate agents were absolutely rude They said they had announced the gate change. We had been there for 2 hours and never heard a gate change announcement. Also, the guy at the original gate never announced anything. And the other agents couldnt be heard or understood. At least 6 seats were empty as well so I'm pretty sure others missed the gate change too.
RouteHouston to Minneapolis
Date FlownAugust 2018

"worst airline for families"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Sacramento. They are the absolute worst airline for families. They sat every single person separate in my family of five including my 3 year old and 5 year old girls. My girls were crying because they were sitting away from us. Luckily some people moved and my husband sat next to them but it’s the airlines policy to not get involved. I asked several ticketing counters to correct and and they overbooked the flight and kept passing us off to the next person even though we arrive 2.5 hours in advance. Won’t be getting my $2000 anymore for family trips.
RouteAtlanta to Sacramento
Date FlownJuly 2018

"the seats were so close"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Seattle to Amsterdam. Our flight was delayed from 5.30 to 6.20 PM, therefor we miss our luggage when arriving in Copenhagen. In the flight the seats were so close to each other - not enough space for the feet (I am 180cm tall). The crew looks very stressed - forget about smile on your journey - all the menu was sold out except from from some pasta - no choice. My boys slept, therefore they didn't get anything to eat. I can keep on, but I don't think nobody deserve to hear that much garbage.
RouteSeattle to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2018

"wide seats and adequate pitch"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Shanghai. Great flight on route just re-established by DL. Oldish 777, but wide seats and adequate pitch. IFE is dated, but seat room and genial service inflight make up for it. Delta says they are trying to make pax comfortable while other US carriers (hint AA) are only about profit. I agree based on 2 trans Pacific flights last week, one on each carrier.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteAtlanta to Shanghai

"a very personal touch"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Las Vegas return. Took my son to Las Vegas for his 21st birthday, actually leaving on his birthday. When the FA's made the rounds for drinks I made it a point to tell them make sure you check his ID. When they discovered he turned 21 on that day they served him. Then they came back later with a bag of snacks with a hand written card wishing him a happy birthday. The same thing happened on the return flight. I thought it was a very personal touch and made him feel special. Both flights were pleasant, the aircraft clean and we even arrived a little early on both flights. I would advise anyone to fly Delta as the go the extra mile. The only downside is that my son's suitcase was severely damaged when we retrieved it in Detroit. I filed a claim and am waiting to see what happens now.
RouteDetroit to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Delta needs to catch up"

Trip Verified | Avoid taking the Flat Bed Delta One from Minneapolis to London. Delta still uses older 767-300ER on this route and these flat beds are less comfortable than the new one on Delta's 777 (if you seek to fly Delta). That said, the service was good and the food was good but not competitive with the better airlines in business class. After using the route and Delta, well, next flight I will seek a better airline when booking a first class flat bed. Delta needs to catch up.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteMinneapolis to London

"Worst experience"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Haneda to Los Angeles. First of all this flight was delayed at least 4 times which caused our connection to get totally messed up many times. Because it left so late in the evening, we ate before boarding. Then within 1 hour of boarding they served dinner at 1am, which we had already eaten dinner, so we skipped it. Then we only got food again breakfast just before landing at LAX. Then it took over an hour to get through customs and then another 2 hours on top of that to get our luggage. Then we had to totally check back into the airport because we missed our flight and they made us leave. So now it's almost 8:40 and back through security, baggage and about to board connection and our tickets were invalidated and my wife's TSA wasn't applied to her ticket or app so the added pain there and landed in PHX after 11pm and all is closed in the Delta terminal. So didn't get any real food again until we left the airport after midnight which options are very limited. So that's from 9pm Tokyo time (our 5am) till 11pm to get any real food beside a breakfast snack. Worst experience I've ever had on Delta and has ruined us for all future air travel on Delta!
RouteTokyo Haneda to Los Angeles

"Terrible accountability"

Trip Verified | La Guardia to Pittsburgh. Terrible accountability. Delayed over 2 hours on way to Savanah. Now delayed 3+ hours on return. Maintenance issue supposedly. Delta reps offer no explanation or assistance when traveling with 3 small kids. As I sit here writing this, delayed once again
RouteLa Guardia to Pittsburgh
Date FlownJuly 2018

"they just cancelled our flight"

Trip Verified | Shannon to Las Vegas via New York. We get on the flight in JFK and hit bad weather. Aviation rules say they let us off after 3 hours of sitting on the tarmac. It took 4 hours. There were a lot of us traveling and my brothers San Diego flight took off within minutes of them unloading our plane. The captain said the crew on our plane would time out in the air to Las Vegas so they just cancelled our flight. My in laws on a flight to Phoenix were also brought back to the terminal because their captain timed out. The best delta could do was get us home by midnight the next night via a ton of transfers but couldn’t leave jfk until 2 the next afternoon as all flights were sold out. Then I find a San Diego flight that was supposed to leave at 7:25 but it’s delayed until 12:40 so we get that flight because it’s close enough. The soonest they can get us out of San Diego is 5 pm. I’m on the phone with delta and the lady talks to me for over 20 minutes. Most of the time on hold. I walked to the gate and asked the ticket agent about getting on the flight he gets us passes before this lady can get me off hold. Not sure what she could have possibly been doing. I decided to purchase tickets on southwest because now I’m getting home on Saturday and I leave again on Tuesday. We are returning from a 3 week trip and just want to be home. I’m also flying with children. We finally get on the San Diego flight but there’s no pilot so we don’t leave until 1:40 am. But the icing on the cake is that we are given comfort plus seats and I ask for blankets and pillows when we sit down. The flight attendant says she will check when she gets a second—she was a little frantic over whether a pilot was actually coming. No one helps me so I try to sleep. Get up to use the bathroom and see the entire coach class with blankets and pillows. When I ask again, they are all out. The in laws were loaded on a plane to Atlanta, driven out to the taxi way and then brought back to the gate because the pilot timed out. Why even put the people on the plane?? They can cry weather all they want but the flight I got on had their entire crew time out so they pulled another crew and put them on this flight so we could take off. It’s interesting how forth coming these people are with their information. This crew could have been given to the vegas flight. I can’t see how it’s cost effective to strand 100’s of people. I’m paying and extra $800 to get home because delta can’t get their act together. And then I can’t get a blanket?
RouteShannon to Las Vegas via New York
Date FlownJuly 2018

"attendants were super nice"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Austin. I was travelling alone for the first time ever, and as someone with high anxiety this was a major deal. The flight attendants were super nice. When i casually mentioned it was my first time alone and i had already gotten lost in the airport, they made sure i was okay and one gave me one of those pins with wings! I know theyre meant for little kids, but it means a lot to me and i wish i had gotten her name to properly thank her.
RouteAtlanta to Austin