Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

I found that the crew were courteous but busy. Service was rushed the seats too crowded and no video unless you knew enough to bring your iPad or rented one. We did not receive any notice that the flight that we originally booked from Toronto to Sarasota on Air Canada was switched to Rouge. It looks like Air Canada is down-grading its comfort items to compete with the low end "vacation" airlines.

Air Canada customer review

Frankfurt to Toronto. Positive: Customer service was efficient and courteous spacious clean and comfortable aircraft. Negatives: Horrible food - absolutely atrocious - We were served a hot meal shortly after departure and because the flight was booked they ran out of different meal options so by the time they served the back of the cabin not only was the food cold but we were not given any meal options. Apparently there was a chicken dish available but we were served a disgusting pasta Bolognese dish. The roll was stale and the side was some form of potatoes which had been reconstituted from potato flakes. Apparently others on the flight had similar issues with the chicken dish which tasted like rubber and a salad which had wilted. It was extremely disappointing and I did not eat any of it. Later on we were served Air Canada's 'signature' tortilla/wrap by Monty's which also tasted horrible and is worse than a pizza pocket. The meals and food in general were terrible and I pretty much went the entire flight without eating anything. I hope that Air Canada revamps their meals and offer healthier options instead of meals that look and taste worse than 'TV dinners' or those you would get from a can. I understand that many individuals have varying dietary requirements and allergies but perhaps Air Canada should invest in a dietician or nutritional consultant to encourage healthy eating on the go while meeting the needs of their customers.

Air Canada customer review

We flew with Rouge from Toronto to Coast Rica Liberia. We upgraded our seats for more leg room it was still very uncomfortable. Not worth the extra money! The plane seemed old and over crowded. We have used Air Canada for the last 15 year and all fights were great. Very disappointed!

Air Canada customer review

Las Vegas to Toronto flight AC1854 and from Toronto to London Heathrow AC868 on 2nd Dec 2013. Just arrived back and I am still so angry with the Canadian staff. Has not left a good impression. 1st flight was delayed which meant transit was a rush and rather than helping all the staff just shrugged their shoulders and rather than helping blamed us! We were sent in different directions and one even told us that we going the wrong way but they would not tell us where to go - just said or more shouted 'read the signs'. The first and last time I will travel with Air Canada. Inflight entertainment was temperamental as well.

Air Canada customer review

Traveled with a group from YWG-YYZ-DFW in Economy. Slight delay in YWG due to weather but they made up time and only arrived 15 mins later than scheduled. Easy connection and on to DFW with AC Express fantastic crews both ways clean and comfortable E75's. Return departed DFW early and into YWG on time. Excellent experience crew were all friendly would gladly travel with AC again.

Air Canada customer review

I was flying Business Class from Ottawa to Montreal with an onward Business Class connection to Fort Lauderdale. For the first time I downloaded my boarding passes to my iPhone. I arrived at the 'bag drop' 45 minutes prior to departure. Admittedly at the point which Air Canada operate a 'cut off' of no more luggage. I had difficulty providing the electronic boarding pass so the extremely unhelpful 'attendant' pointed out my luggage could not be 'checked in'. No attempt to locate the booking at her desk no attempt to help me. 'Shameful on Air Canada' to employ unhelpful staff who seem to get pleasure from turning customers away. Reassuring for Air Canada and their shareholders that their staff have very little consideration for passengers especially those paying premium cabin fares. I will never fly Air Canada again.

Air Canada customer review

Nov 30th YOW-YYZ. Nov 30th YYZ-SEA. Such a poor service at the check-in counter. They have a couple of staff helping folks to drop off their bags and 3 staff members checking-in passengers and 4 staff members checking-in priority passengers. The regular passenger line was the longest and they took about 15-20 mins to check-in each passenger with 2 check-in bags. I stood in line for 40 mins - I was nervous about missing the flight. I went to priority check-in staff and asked if he could help me as my flight was in 60 mins. He was hesitant but the staff member next to him said "go back to your line" in a rude tone. They should definitely learn to speed up their process better yet learn some manners along the way. We do not expect great customer service but just do the job in the right way.

Air Canada customer review

Newark-Toronto-Sao Paulo. I was impressed with how punctual Air Canada was on these two segments. In fact it was announced at EWR it would be likely we'd even leave early. Arrivals at both points right on time. Onboard cabin in the E190 felt much more comfortable than the 777-200 down to Sao Paulo. Cabin crew were efficient and polite on both sectors though not particularly warm on the longer overnight. Except for the Brazilian crew member who was all smiles and bubbly. Seat cushioning was a little hard and made it hard to sleep comfortably. Service quick meals average. Crew were present throughout the flight with water runs. I liked that there was On demand IFE even on the shorter segment but what isn't fun is how long it takes to fast forward the numerous ads to get to what you actually want to watch. Coupled with a slightly outdated interface and laggy response - you almost feel like not using the system at all after a while. However the selection was pretty good and varied. Time for an upgrade though - faster and higher res screens would be great.

Air Canada customer review

YEG-YYZ Oct 2013 and YYZ-YEG Oct 2013. Both segments were on-time and overall great experiences. The IFE is top- notch staff service was great and overall a very professional service. But a little frustrating that people that upgrade with points get service before people that pay for the ticket. When I was flying to Brazil it was not this way.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Air Canada customer review

I am currently still at the airport. We were scheduled to fly to Calgary today at 8 am. We arrived at the airport 45 minutes prior to departure. We were told that the flight was closed and that we would have to be put on a later flight. They charged us an additional $150 per person to get on the later flight. That flight was delayed 3 times. We try to find an Air Canada employee several times in order to try to change our travel arrangements but no one was interested in speaking to us. No one was able to tell us why there was a delay. We did not know whether it was weather or equipment related. The level of customer service we experienced today is brutal. Any other for-profit business would be fail if they provided this level of customer service. I will never fly with Air Canada again.