Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

LHR to Toronto. Although I had originally seen a suitable flight schedule with Air Canada my travel agent organised for me to fly with Lufthansa as she said they were a more reputable airline. Turned out it was code share with Air Canada meaning no access to meal choice no seat selection and subsequently general anxiety about the booking. I got to the airport 3 hours before each time. At Heathrow I was patronised at the counter with 'everyone knows that showing up early does nothing anymore'. I was given a seat in the last row of the plane that only reclined slightly. No problem I am an experienced traveller and although I was on the way to give one of the most important presentations of my life I was able to relax and keep calm. At Toronto airport checking in for the Heathrow flight I had to queue a very long time and then was told there was no assigned seat for me. I went to Lufthansa to see if there was anything they could do for me. I asked why I could not check in online. They told me because the code was a Lufthansa code not recognised by Air Canada. They then told me that because I had bought a significantly cheaper fare (I hadn't) that I should expect to be treated like this. I did however notice that my class was Y which is usually on my boarding pass when I travel economy. Finally 30 minutes before the flight they called my name and had assigned my seat in the last row of the aircraft where I could not recline. This was the overnight flight from Toronto to Heathrow and I had to go back to work the next day. I was offered a choice of two meat based meals and had to refuse them as I am vegetarian. No seat choice no meal choice. My advice is to give code share a miss. Lufthansa and Air Canada may well be partners but when you travel Air Canada as a Lufthansa customer you are bottom rung nobody who somehow deserves to be patronised by all.

Air Canada customer review

Flew from Vancouver to Toronto in business class on a brand new 777-300. It had the brand new business class and it was excellent. Great staggered layout and single seats are amazing for sole travellers. Very comfortable in lie flat position and new duvet and pillows great quality. Excellent meal service and lovely staff. Would love to fly on this again.

Air Canada customer review

Air Canada used the CRJ705 for this quick 80 min trip from Ottawa to Halifax. And you know what? The first class configuration of 1-2 is perfect. Nearly feels like a private jet! Nearly. Was also surprised that we got full meal service. Well done AC.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Air Canada customer review

Air Canada used a small and (24yr) old A319 on this Vancouver to Ottawa route. The first class seats are wide however with not much legroom so you feel a bit squashed on this 4+ hour flight. The IFE kept breaking down so they had to reboot several times during the flight. The service though was good and they had a really great healthy breakfast option that I really enjoyed.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Air Canada customer review

Flew to YQR on June 20 and had a great flight throughout. Declined the lunch and the flight attendant was very attentive throughout the entire flight. Too bad my return to YYZ on flt 1116 on June 23 was not the same. None of the crew bothered to introduce themselves. Declined the lunch again due to health issues and asked for a sandwich instead. Told I would have to pay the $7.00 odd for the sandwich I was brought from economy! It was almost impossible to get a top up of my wine as the crew were safely ensconced behind the tightly closed front galley curtain and could be heard giggling away like school girls (all male crew). I have usually received excellent service in J but made to pay for a chicken roll sandwich was over the top I hope this is not going to be the norm on AC otherwise Westjet here I come.

Air Canada customer review

Flown Air Canada 100s of times and used to like them. Recently flew return Montreal to Edmonton. Paid for the flights because Aeroplan points are now essentially useless unless you book a year ahead. Also paid for extra legroom premium economy seats because of my height. On checking in discovered that we had been bumped to regular economy seats with my wife and I now on different rows! No advance notice from Air Canada regarding this. So I spent between takeoff and landing standing in the galley! Air Canada customer service - absolutely non-existent.

Air Canada customer review

Air Canada - Canada's discount airline! I fly 100+ flights on Air Canada every year and have done so for 10 yrs. It's sad to see the decline of our national carrier in recent years. Operations at most US stations are now run by outsourced contractors who poorly represent the airline and generally have no interest in providing customer service. Air Canada has relocated many of its US gates from main terminals with good services and lounge options to 2nd tier facilities serving discount or charter carriers. The mainline now operates very few flights in North America subcontracting most flights to Jazz Sky Regional and now "Rouge". The product has become so inconsistent that unless one flies AC very regularly it would be almost impossible to now what to expect when you book a flight. Hint - avoid Rouge like the plague! To offer Rouge as a low cost / low service alternative is fine - to discontinue mainline service and replace it with Rouge is not fine! It's good to see that the airline has become profitable however if the product continues to decline and competitors continue to expand their offering and provide a viable option to Air Canada's long held virtual monopoly the profitability will be short lived.

Air Canada customer review

Travelled AC 001-002 YYZ-NRT B777-300. Two class layout with the classic pods herringbone layout. Always love these layouts. Flew round trip June 5-11. Everything was excellent. Always impressed by AC service. Went to bed as soon as we took off and opted for the dine on demand service instead of the regular meal service. Crew made sure everything stayed warm until I was ready to eat. The food was great for 35000ft up. Bar service always great never have to worry about not having anything to drink. Usual breakfast before landing was so so. Only recommendation would be to time the meals for the time of day. We landed at 5PM continental breakfast at 3pm isn't exactly exciting but its better than nothing. Crew were fantastic always attentive asking if they could you anything else. Seats super comfy. Air Canada just introduced a new duvet and pillow with the launch of the 787 and they are super comfy. All in all great product.

Air Canada customer review

May 28 AC 854. June 5 AC 855. For many years I have preferred Air Canada for my several flights a year between Vancouver and London. After a trip on their newly configured 777-300 with 10 abreast economy seating never again regardless of price. The absolute worst seating ever encountered. There are options and I shall use them.

Air Canada customer review

YYZ-NRT on 77W (2-class i.e. older) AC2 on 15 June. Return leg from earlier NRT-YYZ flight on 31 May. Again another full flight so I couldn't change my seat in the rear. Thankfully for good weather in Toronto that day the flight actually departed early and landed more than 30 minutes earlier at NRT! Staff service was pleasant. Food was again above expectations: the chicken with couscous was great! Unfortunately the plane that day was out of potable water (only bottled water) hence no hot beverages or cup noodles could be served - disappointment. Thankfully in-flight entertainment was better than on NRT-YYZ: volume or sound system was still not reliable - conversation too soft but background music too loud. But the variety of movies was good managed to catch up on old movies that I've been wanting to watch but missed. Kudos also to a particular flight attendant (should have gotten her name she was also serving us on my NRT-YYZ leg) who provided me with Tylenol for my headache when I asked her at the end of my flight. By and large a good flight besides minor quibbles. I sure hope they keep up the good work.