Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

YQB-YUL-ORD on 13 March. See my United review as to how I ended up on Air Canada. What a great set of flights. Friendly ticket agents at the gate smiling welcome on both flights. DH8-100 from Quebec to Montreal - coming from Sept-Iles so people were onboard when I got on - flight was 45 minutes and drink service from a friendly attendant. Departed 15 min late and arrived 10 min late - long walk to US gates. E-190 to O'Hare - got upgraded to Biz Class. Awesome friendly attendants on the plane. Nice chicken wrap was serviced and inflight entertainment really good. Air Canada knows how to treat passengers and deliver a great product.

Air Canada customer review

YYC-NRT we were lucky to get upgraded on this near empty flight and very much enjoyed the premium perks Business Class on AC had to offer Seats were comfortable mood lighting eased jet lag and food was spectacular.

Air Canada customer review

AC 846 YYZ-MUC Mar 10. Flight delayed 5 hours due to mechanical then a string of other problems requiring change of aircraft and change in pilots. Missed connecting flight to MAD resulting in arrival 8 hours late. Air Canada provided a $10 Meal Voucher as a 'goodwill' token. Cheapest sandwich at Pearson Airport $12.99. Return flight MUC-YYZ AC 847 March 14 delayed 2.5 hours. Ground crew couldn't load a pallet properly. Delays understandable but attitude unacceptable.

Air Canada customer review

Purchased tickets in October to Mayan Riviera for trip on Feb 13 2014. Paid for extra room seats picked up tickets 2 weeks ahead of time and when checking tickets found our seats had been taken away. No explanation as to why we lost our seats and were put in the cattle car section and were told if we didn't like it we could cancel. I I am a senior and was told I should have checked ahead to see if changes were made. I guess I will try and fly with a different airline.

Air Canada customer review

LHR-YYZ. On-time departure with arrival 10 mins early in Toronto. Flight crew was friendly and generally efficient but disappeared to the galley for a long period during the middle of the flight. Food was average wine was good. Business class seat wasn't very comfortable and is oriented away from the window. IFE was OK but doesn't compare well to some other long haul carriers (although it has got slightly better).

Air Canada customer review

High Density 777-300 YYZ-YVR treated myself to an upgrade to Premium Economy and I must say I was extremely happy after seeing the cattle-car arrangement just behind me. PE is great! Seats are huge like domestic Executive Class on A320's A319's and A321's on AC but only if the upgrade is offered relatively cheap. My one complaint is that there should be a curtain divider between PE and economy and the cabin doesn't feel separated or intimate and noise and crowds spill over into PE. AC's new EnRoute system is a high upgrade over the old high-rez monitors much easier interface and improved maps. Seats are large leather arm-chairs same as Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic small footrest and small cocktail table in armrest. The economy 3-4-3 is just totally unacceptable to a North American consumer who are typically much larger than in other parts of the world. At baggage claim the complaints were loud people all around me talking of the horrid cramped conditions seats that don't breath and suffering passengers. AC get rid of this product it's horrid!! I will avoid at all costs it's no way to treat a human being. I can only imagine this product on a 13 hours HKG trip.

Air Canada customer review

I am a Million Miler who flies business on long haul with AC. The angle pod seats were a great addition some time ago and provided business passengers with a feeling of value for money-true lay flats reasonable privacy etc. I cannot understand why AC would want to screw this all up with the new high density layouts in both business and economy-the business seats are resulting in mass complaints and mass desertions to other airlines. They downgraded their product to Hong Kong (in economy there are two or three fewer washrooms for 100 more passengers line ups a mile long the toilets are backing up as they are not designed for this volume of passengers. I have never in all my years heard more angry passengers than the Honk Kong to Vancouver AC passengers in any class. For a crass money grab on these routes AC is risking a big revenue loss to Japan airlines Cathay and other Asian airlines and on Europe runs to British Air and others even Lufthansa. This high density move is a complete disaster on the 777's and AC should reconsider. For those of us in the air a lot this change of equipment downgrade is a real choice maker.

Air Canada customer review

Flew AC 883 CPH-YYZ you certainly get back what you give on AC. I always decide to treat the crew like gold smiles and thank you and you get that back. AC 883 was about half full to very lucky to have two seats aisle and window all to myself. I greeted the crew with smiles and they immediately offered my double food two desserts and about an hour later one member brought me a tray with bread and cookies I immediately went to the back and thanked them again. Flight was an ageing 767 but saviour these old birds as you'll never again get the incredibly comfy 2-3-2 configuration again on the 777's and 787's. My one complained on these old planes is the seating near the exit rows gets extremely cold colder then when these planes were new.

Air Canada customer review

Flew from YWG to OGG via YYC. Air Canada Express leg from YWG-YYC. Gate agent paged me and offered an exit row instead of my originally assigned Y class seat which was beside a mother and infant. Loved that the gate agent was so thoughtful. Last Minute upgrade purchased from YYC-OGG at an additional cost of $700. Enjoyed the flatbed for the 7 hr flight. Service was OK. Once meal service had concluded J class passengers would have to ask for whatever they wanted by accessing the forward galley were the crew congregated. No moving map on either flight however both flights operated onetime. Confirmed with crew that this may be the last season Air Canada mainline operates to Hawaii as Air Canada Rouge will take over this flying which will not offer flatbed seating. Flew back on United from HNL-YWG via ORD as AC fares for a Y class ticket one way was in excess of $700.00. Purchased a First Class ticket on United for $860.00 was served dinner and breakfast and had no charge for checked bags. Beverage glasses were never left unfilled and water glasses were even topped up while passengers slept. No need to venture to the galley to ask for anything.

Air Canada customer review

My husband and I returned to Toronto from Tokyo on Air Canada yesterday. Our trip to Southeast Asia was with Eva Air. We were fortunate enough to fly Business Class (on points) both ways. The similarity ends there. Eva Air was the height of travel luxury - Air Canada definitely was not. From the so-called Welcome Onboard we knew things were different. With the exception of 2 flight attendants on AC the others were diffident at best one of the flight directors downright rude. It seemed that they couldn't wait to get home. Our flight map didn't work. We were told "too bad'. One of the BC washrooms was out of service from the beginning of the flight. Of course it was helpful to be able to lie flat but the beds were not very comfortable the quilt looked and felt as if it came from Walmart and the travel kit was just okay. The remaining two washrooms were tiny and poorly maintained. As for the food - the lamb dinner was floating in grease the beans were overcooked and the meal was inedible. As for the so-called Business Class service it needs a major overhaul.