Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

Never fly Rouge - I couldn't sit upright. I had to angle my legs for 3 hours because there was almost no space between seats. At check in they ding you $25 per bag so most people try to take it as hand luggage. That causes delays when loading passengers as size rules are not enforced. Plus pay for food and pay for entertainment. Nickel and diming at every turn. I am flying any other airline except this one.

Air Canada customer review

Charges for everything automated flight bookings with connections with 1 hour time mixed in with frequent delays hold shorts and breakdowns. Today I flew from Orlando first flight was Rouge with 40 minutes delay. Got to Toronto and ran for my life to get my checked bag and make my Ottawa flight staff were surprised I made it. Flight landed in Ottawa and had to change the gate first stuck In traffic for 20 mins than break problem for 30 meanwhile we had to put up with barking pets in cabin constant bilingual announcements and other annoying derails.

Air Canada customer review

We flew London to Quebec via Montreal and poor service began before we boarded the flight. We checked in online selected our seats printed our boarding passes checked our luggage in and when we got to the gate they told us we could no longer sit in our allocated seats. We specifically requested the seats as we were travelling with an infant. On the plane the seats are cramped the cabin staff generally unhelpful and rude insisting we take our full meal service even though we had an infant on our lap. As it was it didn't matter as the food was of a very poor standard. The inflight entertainment system clunky and limited choice the touch screen system not working effectively meant passengers behind constantly banging the screens and your seats trying to get the system to work. No seat belts are provided for infants either for take off or landing. This is an airline that seems to be operating a decade behind most others. I will never fly with them again. The trip from Montreal to Quebec was even worse but found out later it was not AC but Jazz.

Air Canada customer review

I fly usual once a year from Toronto via Munich to Izmir/Turkey. All flights have always been enjoyable and the Air Canada crew was just wonderful. Last August the same except: The food was lousy. I rather take my own food in the future. Returning to Toronto the crew did not have enough time to collect the trays and to hand out immigration papers. The crew make a flight a pleasure or a horror.

Air Canada customer review

AC should spend more to improve their food quality on international flights. On a recent trip to India the food served was below international standard on my trip from Germany we travelled with AC partner Lufthansa the food was good very good vs. AC bad. However the entertainment service is better with AC.

Air Canada customer review

AC Rouge to Samana (Dominican) December 8th returning the 15th 2013. I had never heard of 'Rouge' but was happy that I was flying AC with my 2 boys as they enjoy the TV's in the individual seats and AC is fairly reliable (based on about 4 decades of brand loyalty). I was disturbed to discover that they had taken all the TV's out of the individual seats and we could only access the in-flight entertainment if 1) we had known to download the app before we got on the plane as it won't download on an android phone. 2) Had an I/OS phone or Ipad or 3) rented an Ipad for $10 in flight - which would have amounted to $30 x 2 for the return flight. Staff appeared between about 20 and 25 years old and very immature and unable to make any decisions without asking the 'senior' attendant. They sounded rather robotic and lacked any sense of humour. The pilot never spoke on the way back we had some turbulence and we never heard from him. They offered us 2 free Ipads because I was unimpressed with their inability to entertain people without phones but the system was slow and unresponsive. Flight attendants disappeared for about 40 minutes off the top of the flight - nowhere to be found - very unprofessional. I paid more for my trip to Samana than virtually everyone I spoke to - and they flew other airlines that offered free meals and wine - we got nothing - and only 2 drinks on a 5 hour flight. Plane was delayed at the airport in Samana and then we had to wait about 35 minutes at our gate for a Sunwing plane to move out. I wish I had flown with Sunwing.

(Denmark)

Copenhagen-Toronto on a worn out 767-300 though slightly cleaner than the one I travelled on the other direction in May. The 767 has just become outdated cramped and too small for 8+ hrs flights. Adorable lightning in the cabin though. Barely room for carry-on luggage and the wall was freezing! My travel companions IFE did not work (decided to sleep instead). However a few pros as well: Meal was delicious! Staff was nice brought drinks several times. Flight on time excellent connection to LaGuardia (but made it only because of nice AC-staff bringing us in front of the US-immigration line. I have to say the experience on the AC 777-300ER Frankfurt- Montreal in May was somewhat nicer. Wonderful aircraft with lots of space (the "old" 3-3-3 seating in economy) and very nice interior service level fine.

Air Canada customer review

Flew Vancouver to Sydney November 2013 in a 777. What a great experience. The most space I've had on a long haul flight. Service was efficient and friendly and price was very low. Only slight criticism was the food which was pretty ordinary. All in all though I have no hesitation in recommending Air Canada.

Air Canada customer review

This was my first experience with Rouge. My biggest concern and the main reason for the low rating is the training and comportment of the cabin crew. They were all young and obviously inexperienced. The boarding through two doors was completely bungled chaotic because proper procedures were not followed. I heard "boarding completed" reported twice at separate times so obviously there was confusion. They giggled their way through the safety announcements as if they were a private joke. I was left with a very distinct feeling that in case of emergency this crew would be no help at all in evacuation or other procedures. I have never felt that way on a commercial flight before. The Rouge design seems to be on the "hipster" model with banter such as "you will get busted!" referring to smoke detectors in the washrooms. Fair enough I guess flights do not have to be sombre to be safe I know from experience. But this needs to be better delivered in the Rouge case. There needs to be an adjustment of crew conduct related a better show of competence. The presence of a more mature (but cheerful!) crew manger would be a big help. I'm sure these are nice deserving young people who work hard and they are trying to make a cramped flight feel lighter. However the balance is not there for me at this point and I just felt generally on my own in case of emergency. I have always felt good about Air Canada and recommended it highly. Rouge needs some rethinking before I can say the same.

(Sweden)

YMM-YYZ-YMM weekly. Usually A319 sometimes A320 seldom E190 high vacation traffic season A321. Check in agents unfriendly Food poor Seats cramped and its always hot on the plane in either direction! Most passengers seem to over do it when it comes to their carry on baggage. This should be policed a lot better. I always only travel with a laptop bag and often there is no room left in the overhead storage compartments. I blame AC for this as they charge for extra check in luggage forcing its passengers to bring on a second carry on. YMM airport waiting area at gates is unacceptable! Pack 125 people in to an area designed for 50 people - standing room only. I hate flying this route but its the best connection to get home. My biggest complaint has to do with the temperature on the plane it is always way to hot to be comfortable. I always ask them to turn down the heat in the cabin but it hardly changes. What could AC do better? Start by asking for feed back from its customers hand out customer review cards to be collected at the end of a flight. Change the menu to higher quality food. Turn the heat down. Charge for the bathroom (Coin Operated) this would reduce the amount of traffic up and down the aisle just after the "Fasten Seat Belt" sign goes out 10 minutes in to the flight. AC has a lot to learn about customer service!