Air Canada

Air Canada customer review

Arrived at Toronto and was told onward flight to Sudbury was ok so proceeded to hand in baggage for connection. Later we found that the flight was in fact cancelled and they then refused to give our bags bag. We were told by Air Canada to go to Section N. There were people here who had been in the queue for 4 hours not having an idea what they were queuing for and later finding out it was in fact for hotels not flights. After calling redial for 2 hours we gave up got a hotel ourselves and proceeded without our bags. When I rang air Canada they told me to go back to the airport if I needed them urgently. Our return flight from Sudbury was also cancelled and flight to London delayed heavily both without any notice or customer communication from Air Canada. We had also been told that if we required a special meal there was only one meal available on the first flight. I rang once being on hold for an hour the second for two hours and both without response. When I got to Pearson airport I immediately asked if something could be done about it the Air Canada person told me it's too late it has to be 24 hours before. When I told her I had been on hold for the amount she said there was nothing she could do about it. There was not even an incline of understanding from her or an eagerness to help me in any way whatsoever. Will never travel with them again!

Air Canada customer review

YYZ-FRA and CDG-YYZ on the way back. Both flights were flawless superb entertainment choices (IMO the best I've seen so far). On the way out a new 777 was quite nice and comfortable. On the way back to Toronto the older 767 did the job quite well - a great flight nice and funny crew. Check in was fast for both flights. If you have any food allergies/preferences let them know in advance. The lactose-free meals that I received were pretty decent.

Air Canada customer review

Flight from Vancouver to Brisbane. We paid extra for exit seats to get extra legroom. At Vancouver airport we were given our boarding passes and found we were sitting nowhere near our paid seats and not even sitting together. We complained at the counter and a very rude woman behind the counter said that that was tough luck. Lots of other passengers were complaining about the same thing. I kept complaining long enough so we eventually got the seats we paid extra for. The food on the flight was just horrible and nobody could guess what it was it was just stodge. FA's were rude and unhelpful. The plane was old the seats uncomfortable for a 15 hour flight. It was however cheap. Next time I'll pay the extra to fly with a decent airline.

Air Canada customer review

Winnipeg to Vancouver to Shanghai return trip. Flew this trip numerous times before. Nothing too special until on AC026 from PVG to YVR. The crew did their best to make you feel at home. A couple of shortcomings to mention: 1) AC025 on Dec. 20 the second meal was not fully hot. 2) AC026 on Dec. 31 flight data were not available on personal screen. But all these can be forgiven because the crews were the best I have ever seen in business class.

Air Canada customer review

Took my first flight on Rouge on Dec 27: Toronto to Orlando. It was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever taken on AC. There is no room between seats - must be designed for short small people not someone who is 6 feet tall. Seemed like everyone on the flight was complaining. If this continues Rouge will be a total failure. I travel 100000+ miles on AC but will choose another airline if I have to take a Rouge flight. Very disappointing.

(Cayman Islands)

Las Vegas to Calgary and return in December. Overall excellent. Planes spotless in flight entertainment great food (taste and presentation) was the best I have experienced on North American carriers Canadian wine offered a nice touch. Captains on both directions provided updates and information. Great flights.

Air Canada customer review

Flew from Ottawa Airport today and had to endure an incredible line up at 0600 hrs because of two Sunwing flights which of course delayed the take off time. Add to this a de-icing debacle and on arrival at Toronto found my seat had been given away on my connecting flight even though I was 10 mins ahead of departure. Air Canada are buffoons and to put it short a disgrace to Canada. I will fly any other airlines before Air Canada.

Air Canada customer review

Flew on AC554 on 27 Dec. Flight was pretty good: YVR-LAX. My only complaint about this airline is the prices that are almost $1200 o/way for 2 adults / 2 children then $150 for baggage is a bit steep. Make sure your flight attendant doing PA's is able to speak clear English not broken English as it is very difficult to understand what they are saying. I would understand if we were on JAL or ANA not Air Canada. Truly disappointed.

Air Canada customer review

Flew out of Toronto on October 31 arriving in Abu Dhabi on 2nd November. Left Abu Dhabi on 23rd November and arrived 23rd November. After flying Air Canada once I can be sure I will not do it twice. The plane was far from clean at one point I lost my glasses and needed to lift the seat up to see if I had dropped my glasses under the seat I knew the dirtiness of the plane was not a fluke under the seat was filthy as well. The food was awful. Truly disappointed.

(Czech Republic)

Not entirely certain why Air Canada calls itself a legacy carrier. Flew New York Newark to Vancouver and then later on to Los Angeles. Payment for checked in luggage on an international flight is unacceptable. Offering no food (only for purchase) for a 6+ flight is unacceptable. Ground male staff in Vancouver (flight to LAX) was extremely rude and arrogant to most passengers including an elderly gentleman who was confused about payment for luggage. Planes are spotless and its a complete shame since the onboard crew were simply perfect with their service as well as attention to security (far superior to any US airline I used in the last 3 weeks on my USA/Canada tour). No value for money for sure. My future flights will be take in Asian/European carriers to ensure the full service that is expected as a standard.