Wizz Air Passenger Reviews and Wizz Air Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wizz Air Customer review :  27 June 2013 by J Prust    (Germany)

HHN-TGM and return, June. Our first trip with Wizz Air and probably not our last. Flights were on time in both directions and were promptly boarded with the minimum of fuss. We found the baggage allowances adequate, and staff were not checking other than a few people who were obviously over the limit. We had paid for priority boarding which worked very well and extra legroom, although the standard legroom looked perfectly adequate. If I was travelling alone I probably wouldn't bother with either. The cabin crew were efficient and courteous. There was no hard sell as with Ryanair and some of the other low cost carriers - for that reason alone I would fly with them again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 June 2013 by M Nicolescu    (Belgium)

CRL-OTP and OTP-CRL. Very good for a low cost, decent even in terms of legacy carrier standards. Their hold luggage policy is very generous - the limit is 32kg of hold luggage, which is more than any other LCC or legacy offers nowadays. Clean airplane, perfectly on time, gracious and very nice staff in Romania.

Wizz Air Customer review :  7 June 2013 by C Holtschoppen    (UK)

W6 8002, London Luton - Vilnius, 24 May. Return, W6 8001, Vilnius - London Luton, 28 May 2013. I flew Wizz Air for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The crew were friendly and the plane was very clean. All in all I had a pleasant and safe flight - the only thing I would suggest is that they allocate seats to avoid the scrum. Would use them again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  7 June 2013 by T Cassidy    (UK)

LTN-BUD. Worst experience with any airline, 7 hours delay with no explanation, all they did was give us 2 food vouchers totalling 12 euros. We were only going for a weekend break and it was 4am Saturday morning by the time we got to our Hotel. Seats were cramped and uncomfortable and judging by the other comments here watch out for their luggage size scam.

Wizz Air Customer review :  30 May 2013 by E Davis    (UK)

After waiting at the departure gate at Prague airport for nearly 2 hours for a scheduled flight that had been delayed, we were given free meal tickets and told to return when called. However the call never came. We returned to the gate which had been closed and with a number of other disgruntled customers we were told by Prague airport staff that the airline had cancelled the flight, all Wizz Air representatives had gone and we would have to arrange our own way home. We were able to book a flight home with BA and the airport were able to find all customers free accommodation. I am grateful to Prague airport staff for their help, but Wizz airlines were abysmal.

Wizz Air Customer review :  20 May 2013 by J Bishop    (UK)

My wife is currently at Budapest airport with an unexplained 3.5 hr delay. They do not have not enough planes to cope with even the slightest problem, and their staff all go missing when angry punters are looking for them for explanations. When it comes to checking if your cabin bag is too big to take for free, they have lots of staff. When it works it's ok, but they are greedy and customer service stinks.

Wizz Air Customer review :  17 May 2013 by J Bluen    (USA)

My wife and I flew from Budapest to Frankfurt. Plane was on time. Everything else was poor. The flight cost was not the cheapest being about 130 for both, and having them charge you for every additional item. We were confused about the carry on requirement, and our one bag was too large, good on any other airline but a 30 expense on this airline, in addition to the earlier cost. They provide nothing in the 2 hr flight without you having to pay, no water, no peanuts, nothing unless you pay. The seating was the most cramped we have ever experienced, with some spacious seats in the middle, and you guessed it, you have to pay extra on the spot for those seats also. Overall a regrettable experience.

Wizz Air Customer review :  19 April 2013 by J Medve    (Poland)

I flew from Warsaw to Budapest and back. The ticket was cheap, less than 20 EUR for both ways. The attendants were friendly, and the flight was on time. Altogether good quality for a reasonable price, I felt no difference in quality compared to many legacy carriers.

Wizz Air Customer review :  17 April 2013 by Terri Leek    (UK)

Waited all day in departure airport with 'Delayed' message showing and no explanation. Then 'Cancelled'' appeared at 6pm and still no one from Wizz Air to explain. Eventually asked to pick up luggage and queue up at Menzies desk. After 1 hour queuing we were told by them to use our own phones to rebook if we wanted to get on next day's flight as their computer was 'down' No one there from Wizz Air to organise or apologise.

Wizz Air Customer review :  15 April 2013 by Emiliano Morchi    (Italy)

Regular on MXP-BUD-MXP route. All the journey apart from one leg were on time. The aircraft's are quite new and clean. If you're lucky you can get the plane with slim seats: it will entitle you to a decent legroom, otherwise with the old ones is simply inhuman. In my opinion that's the only bad point of this airline. The rules about hand luggage are not easy but, once familiar is possibly to cope with. The ground staff in this respect in MXP are very tolerant, while in BUD are strict and rude. If booked in advance the fares are really good, and the overall service is acceptable and better than Ryanair's. Let's say, if you go for a low-cost, is impossible to expect a high-class level, and Wizzair falls under this scheme.

Wizz Air Customer review :  5 April 2013 by Thor H Killi    (Norway)

Oslo (Torp) - Vilnius - Oslo (Torp). Wizz is a typical low cost. You get what you pay for, and nothing else. We chose to pay extra for XXL seat - and had lots of space. Crew was nice enough - but their English was a bit below standard.

Wizz Air Customer review :  5 March 2013 by Sander van Kan    (Netherlands)

EIN-BUD-EIN trip. Good steady flights which were on time, only the flight to Budapest was slightly delayed, because of military traffic inbound for Eindhoven. Cabin crew was good, legroom was sufficient for 2 hours, but for longer flights to cramped. We choose Wizzair because of it's good price, and for the money was worth it.

Wizz Air Customer review :  13 February 2013 by A Devane    (UK)

Luton-Gdansk. I'm 6'4'' and found that I couldn't fit in the seat as they are spaced too close together. I brought this to the cabin crew attention and paid £10 x 2 for my Girlfriend and I to move seats. On return trip I was stopped at gate by staff as my bag (cabin approved) was oversize and would have to pay £30. I explained that I had just flown out 2 days previous and had no problem with my bag size. She was rude unapologetic and robotic in her manner. After paying she handed me my receipt without so much as a thank you or sorry for any inconvenience. I sat twisted in the cramped seat with my right leg out onto the walkway. There was no way I was giving them another penny for extra leg room and to top it off the announcement at the start of the flight stated that 'our passengers comfort is our priority during this flight'. Definitely not value for money with all extras added.

Wizz Air Customer review :  8 February 2013 by A Cervov    (Ukraine)

Our first flight with Wizzair from Skopje to Memmingen and all was correct, there was no delay. Food was just for sale, but for a normal Price. Flight staff were very friendly. We can recommend.

Wizz Air Customer review :  17 January 2013 by T Ivan    (Switzerland)

BEG-BSL-BEG. At first I thought the booking is somewhat odd with all the different fees, but once you get the hang of it it's ok. The plane was 1 hour late outbound, due to very cold weather and de-icing. I didn't really mind, at the price we paid we were ready to wait. The flight back was smooth. All in all except the seat comfort, I like Wizz.

Wizz Air Customer review :  15 January 2013 by J Petersen    (UK)

LTN-BUD-LTN. Booking and web-check in were very simple, adding options such as extra legroom were easy to do, the plane looks heavily used but clean and we were early approaching Budapest and only late into Luton because of snow of which the pilot forewarned us about. Inflight service was friendly and helpful at both airports, you have to jump through more hoops than a normal carrier but pay the correct fees and you'll get an easy and trouble free flight. I'd recommend the extra legroom seats (which means automatic priority boarding) which are held by a stewardess until take off.

Wizz Air Customer review :  15 January 2013 by D Tate    (UK)

LTN-PRG-LTN return January 2013. Plane clean and tidy. Legroom very tight and I'm only 5'9" - my legs touched the seat in front so must be hell for anyone taller than me. Outward flight landed early. Experience similar to other low-cost airlines. Agree with others that hand-luggage policy is draconian. Website charged us twice for bags during check-in and it is likely to take a long time to get the money back. Staff at Luton refused to help. On-board staff OK but I'd avoid buying the Romanian wine on offer if I were you - pretty vile. Return flight fine but delayed because of weather at Luton. Not their fault and the captain provided good updates. Mixed experience overall, but I'd avoid in future as they aren't actually that cheap when you've totted up the overall cost.

Wizz Air Customer review :  7 January 2013 by I Romanenko    (France)

Beauvais - Gdansk - Beauvais. Airport is far from Paris and difficult to get to. Very strange requirement for visa check for non-EU nationals (you have to present yourself to the check-in desk). Outbound flight was an hour late with no excuse from staff, inbound flight 15 minutes late. Staff are generally rude and unfriendly. Would avoid in the future.

Wizz Air Customer review :  3 January 2013 by G Stevens    (UK)

Impeccably clean plane. Left Prague early and arrived 25 minutes early in Luton. Crew efficient but seat pitch / leg room horrendous for someone who is over six feet and luggage policy is draconian. However, excellent value for money but why can't they allocate seats to avoid the boarding scrum.

Wizz Air Customer review :  29 November 2012 by Gary Colburn    (UK)

Warsaw-Liverpool. A decent enough plane, flight took off on time and service was brisk and efficient. My only gripe was the seating which is totally inadequate for people over six foot, fortunately this was a short flight. I will pay for extra legroom next time!

Wizz Air Customer review :  29 November 2012 by M Marms    (UK)

Luton to Budapest. On the way out all was fine apart from the smallest legroom I have ever encountered on a plane. However, on the return leg things were different. All seemed to be going very well, they started checking us in an hour before the departure time and we went down to the busses for boarding (or so we thought). However, we were crammed into the bendy bus. We were crammed in like sardines with small children and parents all mixed in. It was dark and cold outside and they kept us cooped up in there for over 30 mins. Away we went without a hint of explanation let alone an apology. I can only assume the way Wizzair have got round their debacle with the airport is to use their busses as waiting areas prior to boarding. It was a shame really because the other parts of the flight were perfectly acceptable and the cabin crew fine.

Wizz Air Customer review :  26 November 2012 by T James    (UK)

LPL-VNO. Boarding was similar to Ryanair's and on time. Aircraft clean and seemed to be very new, however the seats were very thin and I could feel the tray table behind me (bit uncomfortable and irritating to be honest). Staff very professional but spoke to me first in Lithuanian on both legs, this did annoy a few English speaking passengers. Menu prices very reasonable, regular flight deck announcements and no pre recorded announcements, everything done by the crew except the audio safety demonstration. Again I had great difficulty understanding the English. Was worried about the small bag allowance, but didn't have a problem with my bag with the larger dimensions, however I was checked at Liverpool and it did fit when squashed into the stand. Both flights on time, fare reasonable and aircraft immaculate, what more could you want from a flight?

Wizz Air Customer review :  8 November 2012 by C Piper    (UK)

Sometimes cheaper than other options, but do take care, by the time you've added the extras they might not be. My flight to Barcelona was delayed 4 hours due to a fault with the plane. By the time we arrived, public transport had ended and we were stuck with either a hotel bill or hefty taxi bill. All they offered was 30€ in vouchers towards another Wizz Air flight, but you can imagine I'm not too keen on taking the risk of being dumped again! Saving probably isn't worth the hassle.

Wizz Air Customer review :  8 November 2012 by M Nomarhas    (Australia)

Larnaca to Budapest.  Our cabin bags were checked by WizzAir staff on checkin as well as check in bags.  They confirmed our cabin bags were suitable weight and size. When we're about to board they told us they weren't suitable and had to pay 60 Euro cash or we couldn't board. Emailed WizzAir to complain and they take an unacceptable amount of time to respond.  By packing so many people into the plane the legroom is uncomfortable and there isn't enough space for each persons cabin luggage to go into the overhead compartment.  Works out 5 bags for each 9 seats. A cheap flight ends up being expensive when you add in the bags for checkin and the payment charges as well as the booking charges. Save your money and go a proper airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  26 October 2012 by G Mather    (France)

Beauvais to Warsaw Modlin and 20 min before landing we were re-routed to Gdansk. The fog was not their fault. However, upon arrival there was no one to give any information. Finally they announced they were going to bus everyone to Warsaw giving no option to anyone. I was with a disabled person who could not take the bus. The plane flew back empty to Warsaw the day. I had to reschedule my flight and was charged 150 euros for a 14-min call and pay full fare for return flight. Never fly with this company. Beware.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 October 2012 by Tom Jackson    (UK)

VNO - LPL. Waited 45 minutes with 150 other people at the bottom of a flight of stairs after boarding isn't something myself or other passengers enjoy, luckily I managed to sneak in front of a few passengers upon actually boarding the A320 itself. Onboard absolutely no complaints, friendly cabin crew and a smooth flight. Would use again if going to VNO.

Wizz Air Customer review :  24 October 2012 by N Holdsworth    (UK)

Gdansk - Turku. I recognise all the comments here about the rigid enforcement of the baggage rules, but at the end of the day this is the flipside to cheap fares. Its getting worse now with fees for cabin baggage, Wizz are apparently the first European airline to do this. For this one hour flight I really couldn't fault Wizz Air, the seats were a lot more comfortable than Ryanair. It was just a regular low cost flight as far as I am concerned. My one gripe is that the online check in on their website is very confusing and the boarding pass looked rather unclear. It doesn't give you a great deal of confidence in the airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  24 October 2012 by J Leigh    (UK)

I travelled from Bourgas/Luton 2 weeks ago on what seemed like a new plane. It was the most uncomfortable ride I have had on a plane.  The seats did not recline and you were sat upright all the time.  The leg room has been cut down, they have done away with then recess to put your bits and pieces in and the food tray has no dip for a drink, consequently, drinks are sliding about all the time and you are forced to hold it in your hand. The seats were not made of fabric but some kind of leatherette material and were hard. All this I presume is to get a few more seats in and make more money.

Wizz Air Customer review :  13 October 2012 by C Forestier-Walker    (UK)

Luton to Budapest. Aware of the draconian application of the carry on dimensions I measured mine and it complied. Boarding was announced, only to be followed by ground agents walking the line and selecting many to fit their bags into the 'box'. I made it with a firm boot, but was disgusted to witness an elderly lady failing by a minimum margin. We all helped with plastic bags and someone found a bin liner. Result - lady lost her bag but the PR for Wizz was appalling. Note that they have now changed their baggage policy which is full of anomalies with different dimensions apparently qualifying as 'free' as well as a myriad of complications. Be warned- this is a money making scam. Good news is that I have booked another flight to Budapest with easyjet and it was cheaper!

Wizz Air Customer review :  9 October 2012 by M Bacon    (UK)

VNO to LTN. The flight departed 6:10am, in the cabin there several misbehaving passengers. Despite the warnings from flight attendants several men were getting drunk during the flight. They brought their own drinks onto the plane and were loud and disturbing. They verbally abused flight attendants. Sad thing is that the crew did not take it seriously and did not take it further to police in LTN. I understand that such actions would have caused delays for the airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  8 October 2012 by J Monro    (UK)

We fly often with Wizzair, and this is purely and simply on the grounds of cost - it is the cheapest currently available. As an airline, it has a truly dreadful attitude to its customers and deserves to go bust, which it no doubt will in due course. A couple of examples: 1. Wizzair has routinely texted passengers, warning them to arrive "at least three hours" before their flight "due to congestion" at the airport in question. This has always been untrue and merely a ruse for the company's convenience. My wife and children, unwise to the deception, arrived three hours before an early morning flight from Warsaw to Luton in early January, and found the airport was not even open and they had to sit outside in the freezing temperature for two hours. 2. The hand luggage rule is being applied in a manner which can only be described as inhuman. On a recent flight from Warsaw-Modlin to Luton, many passengers were forced to leave whole cases behind rather than pay the draconian penalty fee for being few centimetres oversized. The Wizzair staff were curt and rude, and entirely indifferent to their plight. As soon as a cheap alternative becomes available, we will leave this nasty little airline alone.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8