Wizz Air Passenger Reviews and Wizz Air Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wizz Air Customer review :  29 November 2012 by M Marms    (UK)

Luton to Budapest. On the way out all was fine apart from the smallest legroom I have ever encountered on a plane. However, on the return leg things were different. All seemed to be going very well, they started checking us in an hour before the departure time and we went down to the busses for boarding (or so we thought). However, we were crammed into the bendy bus. We were crammed in like sardines with small children and parents all mixed in. It was dark and cold outside and they kept us cooped up in there for over 30 mins. Away we went without a hint of explanation let alone an apology. I can only assume the way Wizzair have got round their debacle with the airport is to use their busses as waiting areas prior to boarding. It was a shame really because the other parts of the flight were perfectly acceptable and the cabin crew fine.

Wizz Air Customer review :  26 November 2012 by T James    (UK)

LPL-VNO. Boarding was similar to Ryanair's and on time. Aircraft clean and seemed to be very new, however the seats were very thin and I could feel the tray table behind me (bit uncomfortable and irritating to be honest). Staff very professional but spoke to me first in Lithuanian on both legs, this did annoy a few English speaking passengers. Menu prices very reasonable, regular flight deck announcements and no pre recorded announcements, everything done by the crew except the audio safety demonstration. Again I had great difficulty understanding the English. Was worried about the small bag allowance, but didn't have a problem with my bag with the larger dimensions, however I was checked at Liverpool and it did fit when squashed into the stand. Both flights on time, fare reasonable and aircraft immaculate, what more could you want from a flight?

Wizz Air Customer review :  8 November 2012 by C Piper    (UK)

Sometimes cheaper than other options, but do take care, by the time you've added the extras they might not be. My flight to Barcelona was delayed 4 hours due to a fault with the plane. By the time we arrived, public transport had ended and we were stuck with either a hotel bill or hefty taxi bill. All they offered was 30€ in vouchers towards another Wizz Air flight, but you can imagine I'm not too keen on taking the risk of being dumped again! Saving probably isn't worth the hassle.

Wizz Air Customer review :  8 November 2012 by M Nomarhas    (Australia)

Larnaca to Budapest. Our cabin bags were checked by WizzAir staff on checkin as well as check in bags. They confirmed our cabin bags were suitable weight and size.When we're about to board they told us they weren't suitable and had to pay 60 Euro cash or we couldn't board.Emailed WizzAir to complain and they take an unacceptable amount of time to respond. By packing so many people into the plane the legroom is uncomfortable and there isn't enough space for each persons cabin luggage to go into the overhead compartment. Works out 5 bags for each 9 seats. A cheap flight ends up being expensive when you add in the bags for checkin and the payment charges as well as the booking charges.Save your money and go a proper airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  26 October 2012 by G Mather    (France)

Beauvais to Warsaw Modlin and 20 min before landing we were re-routed to Gdansk. The fog was not their fault. However, upon arrival there was no one to give any information. Finally they announced they were going to bus everyone to Warsaw giving no option to anyone. I was with a disabled person who could not take the bus. The plane flew back empty to Warsaw the day. I had to reschedule my flight and was charged 150 euros for a 14-min call and pay full fare for return flight. Never fly with this company. Beware.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 October 2012 by Tom Jackson    (UK)

VNO - LPL. Waited 45 minutes with 150 other people at the bottom of a flight of stairs after boarding isn't something myself or other passengers enjoy, luckily I managed to sneak in front of a few passengers upon actually boarding the A320 itself. Onboard absolutely no complaints, friendly cabin crew and a smooth flight. Would use again if going to VNO.

Wizz Air Customer review :  24 October 2012 by N Holdsworth    (UK)

Gdansk - Turku. I recognise all the comments here about the rigid enforcement of the baggage rules, but at the end of the day this is the flipside to cheap fares. Its getting worse now with fees for cabin baggage, Wizz are apparently the first European airline to do this. For this one hour flight I really couldn't fault Wizz Air, the seats were a lot more comfortable than Ryanair. It was just a regular low cost flight as far as I am concerned. My one gripe is that the online check in on their website is very confusing and the boarding pass looked rather unclear. It doesn't give you a great deal of confidence in the airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  24 October 2012 by J Leigh    (UK)

I travelled from Bourgas/Luton 2 weeks ago on what seemed like a new plane.It was the most uncomfortable ride I have had on a plane. The seats did not recline and you were sat upright all the time. The leg room has been cut down, they have done away with then recess to put your bits and pieces in and the food tray has no dip for a drink, consequently, drinks are sliding about all the time and you are forced to hold it in your hand. The seats were not made of fabric but some kind of leatherette material and were hard. All this I presume is to get a few more seats in and make more money.

Wizz Air Customer review :  13 October 2012 by C Forestier-Walker    (UK)

Luton to Budapest. Aware of the draconian application of the carry on dimensions I measured mine and it complied. Boarding was announced, only to be followed by ground agents walking the line and selecting many to fit their bags into the 'box'. I made it with a firm boot, but was disgusted to witness an elderly lady failing by a minimum margin. We all helped with plastic bags and someone found a bin liner. Result - lady lost her bag but the PR for Wizz was appalling. Note that they have now changed their baggage policy which is full of anomalies with different dimensions apparently qualifying as 'free' as well as a myriad of complications. Be warned- this is a money making scam. Good news is that I have booked another flight to Budapest with easyjet and it was cheaper!

Wizz Air Customer review :  9 October 2012 by M Bacon    (UK)

VNO to LTN. The flight departed 6:10am, in the cabin there several misbehaving passengers. Despite the warnings from flight attendants several men were getting drunk during the flight. They brought their own drinks onto the plane and were loud and disturbing. They verbally abused flight attendants. Sad thing is that the crew did not take it seriously and did not take it further to police in LTN. I understand that such actions would have caused delays for the airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  8 October 2012 by J Monro    (UK)

We fly often with Wizzair, and this is purely and simply on the grounds of cost - it is the cheapest currently available. As an airline, it has a truly dreadful attitude to its customers and deserves to go bust, which it no doubt will in due course. A couple of examples: 1. Wizzair has routinely texted passengers, warning them to arrive "at least three hours" before their flight "due to congestion" at the airport in question. This has always been untrue and merely a ruse for the company's convenience. My wife and children, unwise to the deception, arrived three hours before an early morning flight from Warsaw to Luton in early January, and found the airport was not even open and they had to sit outside in the freezing temperature for two hours. 2. The hand luggage rule is being applied in a manner which can only be described as inhuman. On a recent flight from Warsaw-Modlin to Luton, many passengers were forced to leave whole cases behind rather than pay the draconian penalty fee for being few centimetres oversized. The Wizzair staff were curt and rude, and entirely indifferent to their plight. As soon as a cheap alternative becomes available, we will leave this nasty little airline alone.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8