Wizz Air Passenger Reviews and Wizz Air Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Teixeira Vitor    (Portugal)

Budapest - Belgium - Charleroi. Normal for a low cost flight. However, and this is my main complain, Wizzair stated sizes for the free cabin baggage that were different (smaller) from any other airline in which I've traveled. In fact, when you book your flight, you have an option to add a large cabin bag for around 10€fee, but and curiously here, when you make your booking through Edreams, you aren't given the option to add the large bag. Me and my friends had to pay out at the airport 45€each for being allowed to travel with our "universal" sizes cabin bags. Shame on you Wizzair.

Wizz Air Customer review :  12 September 2013 by G Pillans    (UK)

I have flown Wizzair many times, and each time I book again only because they are generally the cheapest airline on the Luton-Warsaw route. If I could walk I would rather do that than fly with them. The seats are without a doubt the absolute worst seats of any airline I have every flown on, and I have been on a few. Occasionally I have had one of their aircraft with acceptable seat pitch but they seem to be fewer these days, and unless you are shorter than your average 9 year old you will find the legroom horrendously uncomfortable. It seems incredible to me that its actually legal to force people to sit with so little legroom. Cabin crew are not overly friendly and English is not well spoken generally. The safety announcements are almost impossible to understand in English if you are unfortunate enough to be taking your first ever flight with them. Saying all that, I have yet to be delayed on one of their flights, so can't complain about that. Just watch out for their stupid new hand baggage policy (if its larger than a postage stamp you have to buy the "large hand luggage" option - what most other airlines consider to be standard cabin luggage) and all their other fees that they try to inflict upon the unwary.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Maurizio Santagati    (Italy)

Me and my wife went from Milan (Bergamo - Orio al Serio) to Prague for a week last August, taking 2-way tickets with Wizzair. First problem: It is not true that you can add other baggage online, once you've booked online and paid for your baggage. What they declare on their website is false. We had 1 booked suitcase going to Prague and we needed to carry 2 booked suitcases to come back. We had to pay an extra 65 Euros at the airport to add 1 booked suitcase. Second problem: going to Prague the dimensions of my cabin suitcase were ok. Coming back they did not conform to the standard anymore (2 cm. higher). Will never fly Wizzair again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  10 September 2013 by C Stephenson    (UK)

This is the worst airline I have flow with, after an hours delay we were allowed to board into seats that you couldn't even put your legs straight, and had to sit for 2.5 hours with legs twisted and bent under the seat to try and get some sort of comfort. The delay was caused as explained by the pilot due to a hole found in the plane that needed patching up”- surely due to a technical fault would have done! The stewards after serving 1 drink and the usual duty free couldn't then be seen for any further drinks even though we were only half way through the flight. My advise to other travellers is pay a bit more and get a lot more.

Wizz Air Customer review :  4 September 2013 by Gabriel Mitran    (Netherlands)

September 2013. Eindhoven NL - Bucharest RO. At check-in I was told to put my hand luggage (a size accepted by all airlines as hand luggage) in the luggage sizer. I fly with that luggage once a month. Of course it did not fit so they asked me to pay another 35 euros. Onboard seats are terrible, service non existent. I am surprised there is no bathroom fee. If you have an alternative use another airline.

Wizz Air Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Rory Bellows    (UK)

We flew the first leg with EastJet (who are 1st class compared to Wizz!) As others have commented their hand luggage size is ridiculous and half the size of the standard UK one. Also as others have pointed out it would seem they are only interested in charging those with ridged suitcase style bags that would poke out of the top (I think the measurements were 40x40x40cm). I had a backpack on that was bigger than the size tester but was beckoned on through and not charged. One of the first of our party to get charged paid cash and was charged more than those paying by card, etc. The staff were thoroughly miserable and who can blame them when they are forced to charge 80% of passengers who can fly out of the UK with a certain size back but not back? I don't think I have ever heard so much shouting and swearing and quite frankly I don't blame them at all. Then we got on the plane and there was no surprise to find that I couldn't even get my legs in without having my knees on the top of the seat in front. Being 6'3" I'm used to uncomfortable travelling but this was just awful.

Wizz Air Customer review :  1 September 2013 by Mitran Gabriel    (Netherlands)

Flight from Dusseldorf DE to Bucharest RO. July 2012. One of my first experiences with Wizz Air. Passed luggage check-in and heading to passport control when I read the flight was delayed, no reason given. Waited for the next 4 hours in the airport with no explanation. People that had passed passport control were not allowed to come back to the area where food was served or toilets were available until we staged up a small protest. No explanation was given.

Wizz Air Customer review :  27 August 2013 by N Cooper    (UK)

3rd August Luton to Kiev, return Gdansk to Luton 12th August. Excellent flights, all on time, no issues with our luggage, read the small print and made sure we were prepared. Found FA's friendly on both legs, on flight to Kiev watched as FA's skilfully placed family together once airborne. As previously mentioned we did not have the interruptions that are experienced on Ryanair. Will be flying with them again. Luton airport is pleasant, but the boarding areas are something else, be prepared, take water, something to fan yourself and lots of patience, Wizz Air staff in the boarding areas were fine.

Wizz Air Customer review :  22 August 2013 by S Rad    (UK)

London Luton to Burgas, Bulgaria. I had never heard of Wizz Air before my recent holiday. Last time I'll be flying with them. Staff were rude, I didn't know such poor services existed. They have no concept of "please" or customer service. Blank expressions, not at all friendly which you'd expect goes with the territory of air crew! Certainly all others I've come across. They made us and others pay 30 for a carry on that fitted in the small container but stuck out about 2cm at the boarding gate, when others who also had small baggage allowance were not singled out. Their small baggage size is deliberately intended to catch out people who use standard suitcases for carry on. Wizz Air actually stated that their size is different to all other airlines.

Wizz Air Customer review :  2 August 2013 by S Fox    (St Maarten)

Kutaisi - Kharkiv on July 22th 2013. I have flown this airline various times, due to ease of connections in Eastern European area. I have found their staff rude in the past, but on this leg ground personal was very rude and instructed me to proof that I had purchased a ticket (they could not find me in their system) and simply sent me to an office where nobody was present. Luckily I had the reservation number with me and they admitted me to their flight without any apology for their mistake. to the contrary, I got scolded by the check-in supervisor for complaining about their service. The fact that I had bought a ticket did not automatically guarantee me to get on the flight, according to her. Apart from that, their seats are cramped and especially ground personal lacks professionalism and customer service, (uninterested impression and lack of courtesy) on all the legs I took in the past. I definitely will avoid this airline from now on.

Wizz Air Customer review :  31 July 2013 by A Kellett    (UK)

Have flown 4 times to Cluj or Targu Mures from Luton in the last two years. All flights were on time and checking in was fine. The seats are a bit tight, I am 5'11 but I have known worse. The cabin staff have always been fine if a little perfunctory. On all our flights the service was basic but reasonably efficient and cheap. Would definitely use again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 July 2013 by John D Smith    (UK)

They refused to check us in and made us buy tickets for a new flight, all because it was so crowded that their staff couldn't cope with the check in! We arrived in Luton with plenty of time to check in but we ended up standing in the queue for about an hour. 10 check in desks were open and all 10 were checking in the same 5 destinations, all leaving at the same time. Departure hall was in chaos. Lines were not moving, and there were hundreds of passengers there. Ground staff would call out a destination name and everyone would push and shove and shift forward. A staff member led us to a check in desk where she promptly turned her back on us, and we stood in the queue for another 10-15 minutes. Then told that the Skopje flight closed '8 minutes ago'. Customer services made us buy new tickets and were completely unsympathetic. They really need to sort out their check in processes. Otherwise, the cabin staff were fine. Will not be flying again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  25 July 2013 by D Cassius    (Netherlands)

Eindhoven to Budapest and back. Planes fairly new and flight itself once airborne uneventful on both legs. That is about the only positives. return leg delayed by 1 hour. Seats do not recline. Ground and inflight staff almost universally not the friendliest. For some reason, they tend to shout orders rather than talk to people. Very curious cabin luggage policy. Arrival to Budapest at a remote station and long walk to terminal. On departure, same walk to a pre-industrial hangar with zero amenities were you just stand and wait in line until they open the doors for the walk to the plane. Food and beverages for purchase, but did not try. All in all, not impressed.

Wizz Air Customer review :  24 July 2013 by J Edwards    (UK)

Travelled relatively pain free from Luton to Budapest, no extra charges. On returning we were about to board when we were summoned by a very rude member of ground staff who informed us that our carry on cases were 2cm too tall. Despite the fact that they fitted perfectly into the case measuring contraption, and despite the fact that we'd flown out with them no trouble, she insisted that we pay 40 euro per case to take them home. We asked to speak to someone in authority and she wouldn't let us. She knew our hands were tied and there was little we could do. There was no apology, no explanation, no manners.

Wizz Air Customer review :  22 July 2013 by J Warren    (UK)

LTN-OTP / TSR-LTN. LTN-OTP on new A320. However, Wizz Air urgently needs to restructure their boarding system at Luton, people were pushing and shoving and there was a lot of confusion and mis-communication as to where we were supposed to line up. I think Wizz Air would benefit from establishing a seat allocated boarding system like Easyjet, as this would put an end to the 'free for all' pushing and shoving issue. If you travel through Luton there are delays to almost every flight, there are far too many Wizz Air flights leaving and arriving at the same time and as such, this airport cannot cope with the huge surge in early morning traffic. Cabin crew were helpful as always. As usual, there is now very little seat pitch on their latest A320's, so you might want to consider paying for an extra leg room seat as there is virtually no room for your legs. TSR-LTN: Flew back to Luton on a new A320 as on outboard flight. The way boarding was handled in Timisoara was noticeably better than we experienced in Luton. Departure was on time and like before, the crew were excellent. All in all, Wizz Air is a good low cost airline, much better than the likes of Ryanair and we will definitely continue to fly with them on our future trips to Romania. It's a real shame that they have chosen London Luton Airport as their main UK base, I seriously hope that they will consider flying from Stansted Airport in future.

Wizz Air Customer review :  22 July 2013 by Jakub Zvac    (Slovakia)

BUD-VAR-BUD. Ground staff at Budapest were quite ignorant or downright rude but if everything checked out with You, You could pass them without a word. I have to say that the new cabin luggage policy is only a way to get more money out of the passengers. Once we got onto the plane it was alright. BUD-VAR was on time, the aircraft was clean and fairly new. The prices for onboard services were reasonable and I enjoyed the flight. On the way back there was a 25 minute delay and the aircraft was older with less legroom but still a nice flight. When looking for a good price for a flight always count with the larger bag and add this service when comparing prices. I would and will fly Wizzair again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 July 2013 by Matthew Pickles    (UK)

London (Luton) to Budapest on July 3rd, 2013. We were delayed for 12 hrs in London - basically waiting at the gate. No one from Wizz was there to say sorry or even offer a free bottle of water. Eventually people from the sub contractors turned up who refused to take any ownership for the delay. The airline knew there was a problem with the plane but simply lied about it at check in, presumably to avoid any requirement to give us anything in the way of compensation. On the plane the captain made a nice speech apologising for our treatment but this did not extend to giving us so much as a free drink. Bottom line is that Wizz seems to do everything so cheaply that there is no- one to help if anything goes wrong with your flight. I would try and avoid Wizz in the future. Really not worth it unless absolutely unavoidable.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8