Wizz Air Passenger Reviews and Wizz Air Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wizz Air Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Cristina Stanculescu    (Romania)

Flight 3092 on 27 January 2014 from Dortmund to Bucharest. The flight was delayed but we were rushed to do the checking in and to pass through the security gate. When I asked to talk with a representative the answer was: we don't have time for that and, after passing the security I had to wait one more hour until we got onboard. The checking box for the small cabin luggage - in the airport of Dortmund - doesn't have the standard size - instead of 25x32x42, it is 24x31x41. I was charged with an extra fee.

Wizz Air Customer review :  21 January 2014 by Bajomi-Lazar David    (Hungary)

I have flown 45 segments with Wizzair since its beginning from BUD to CRL, FCO, FRL, GSE, GYD, LTN, MAD, MMX, NYO, SKG, TKU, TLV. I am very satisfied: the aircraft's are new, clean and in a good condition, the flights are almost always on time and the cabin crew is usually friendly. I always buy the extra legroom seat at the emergency exit row for a small fee (around 10 to 15 euros per flight) which also includes priority boarding - very good value, as this seat is actually more comfortable than business class seats on most intra-European flights. Food is not included but you can buy snacks on board for a reasonable price. The only thing I would like as an extra service would be the option to pre-order hot meals.

Wizz Air Customer review :  11 December 2013 by Simon Castleman    (UK)

London Luton to Warsaw Chopin and Return. December 2013. Arrived 15 minutes late outbound back on time. Staff were helpful and friendly. This is a classic Low cost carrier operation and you get what you pay for - the only problem with this kind of tarmac dash boarding is if you want to make sure you sit next to each other then you need to buy priority boarding. I had read other reports prior to the flight and wasn't looking forward to it, but the experience was much better than I thought it would be. I think the problems on these airlines are caused by people who don't abide by the rules, and expect a full service airline product on a low cost carrier. They do have two baggage sizes for cabin baggage and they do enforce it - measure your bag before you go to the airport and accept if its not "small" you will end up paying for it. I would recommend and I would use again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  9 December 2013 by F Eriksson    (Finland)

My family and I travelled Turku-Gdansk on Dec 4th and Gdansk-Turku on Dec 6th. I have only positive feedback to give to Wizzair. Cheap flights (GDN-TKU only 9.99€/passenger). FA friendly and very aware of security issues. Of course, you get what you pay for. On GDN-TKU we actually paid more for one piece of luggage (15) than the cost of one passenger ticket. Flight to GDN on time. GDN-TKU took place on the day winter storm Xavier hit Poland so we really didn't know what to expect. However the flight took off about 30min delayed and landed in TKU almost on time. We believe that our WizzAir flight must have been one of the few flight that managed to take off almost on time in Gdansk that day. No worries about security during take off either. Over all our WizzAir experience was better than we expected before our travel.

Wizz Air Customer review :  29 November 2013 by G Cattermole    (UK)

Luton-Warsaw return. Outward was OK. I'd read the cabin baggage conditions, and taken the - minute - briefcase that fitted the size regulations. The FA's were competent. But the seats are the most uncomfortable I have experienced, in 45 years of air travel. No legroom (at 1.88m, I'm not that tall), but also slippery leather surfaces, no back support, and absolutely excruciating seat cushion. I had to keep getting up and walking up and down the aisle, to relive the pain. Return was less OK. Boarding ground staff were clearly incompetent. Kept starting one thing, then stopping and doing something else. Spent 15 minutes arguing with a young mother and her baby. No information on why delayed, or for how long. finally loaded onto a bus, and left on it for 50 minutes, before finally getting to the plane. Plane was 40 minutes late; no explanation, no apology. Yes, it was cheap. Yes it was nasty. But, on the good side, we got there safely.

Wizz Air Customer review :  29 November 2013 by I Guc    (Netherlands)

My most recent trip with Wizz was yesterday and there were no delays and no problems and got to travel for a very low fare from Bucharest to Eindhoven. This is definitively the best airline in terms of value for money. It is truly a low cost airline with rates as low as 19 euros from Bucharest to Eindhoven. I'm a student and therefore, low budget. I've been flying with them for over 3 years now and never had problems. Since Wizz started operating, it definitively helped me afford more trips. Being a discount club member I always get discount and can take my friends on discounted fares as well.

Wizz Air Customer review :  21 November 2013 by Melissa Harrison    (UK)

You may think it is a cheap flight - but they rob you blind in unseen extras. We arrived at Luton - with 2 carry on bags - 3 hour delay - which was caused by Wizz Aircraft being called to do an extra flight? So we decided to check our luggage in - so we didn't have it for hours in the departure lounge - 56 per bag. The flight makes a coach on the M25 feel luxurious! Buy this, buy that. Return flight - 20 mins late. Check in via a pre desk with card machines at the ready. Did you check in on line? Yes - but it would only let 1 person check in online. Sorry - you will have to pay 30 euros per person for not checking in online. Your carry on bag is counted as large - you will have to pay 45 euros for carry on! Flight called to gate - walked miles - and then waited standing in a cold hanger to board for 40 mins!

Wizz Air Customer review :  18 November 2013 by V Riches    (UK)

I found it impossible to check in online with Wizz Air when returning from Bulgaria. I tried on two consecutive days but with no success. I arrived at the airport without web check in and had to pay 20 euros. On my return home there was also difficulty. I have travelled with Wizz Air many times in the past and find them excellent value for money - but am wondering if web check in has purposefully been made difficult recently so as to get people to phone the very expensive help line.

Wizz Air Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Richard Harris    (Hungary)

Flight from Larnaca to Budapest was diverted to Vienna because of fog. Unfortunately from 11pm to after 3am no information at all. Vienna airport were not even expecting the plane to land here. Wizz customer service rep was useless, kept saying be patient. Finally at 3.40 we learnt that buses will arrive at 5.30 am. Result we sit in Vienna airport all night with no food, drink or information.

Wizz Air Customer review :  14 November 2013 by T Hodge    (Australia)

Luton-Ljubljana and return. Booked flights 3 days before departure at very cheap rates. I read the negative reviews and was a bit nervous but everything turned out fine. You get what you pay for. Yes, there is no leg room (I'm 195cm tall), the seats aren't the greatest. We found it strange that the only way to take bags for free was if you took a small backpack, so that's what we did. If you follow their rules you'll have a no hassle experience. Outbound flight was on time and return flight landed 10 minutes ahead of schedule. FA's worked hard and responded quickly when other passengers were seeking assistance. Happy to fly again at a low price and if the flight is 2 hours or less.

Wizz Air Customer review :  14 November 2013 by D Mills    (UK)

Doncaster to Vilnius. OK it was very cheap, but turned out to be very uncomfortable before we had boarded the aircraft, (which did leave on time thank goodness). I have two main issues: We had booked priority boarding because we were a party of 5 with a baby of 1 year and wanted to sit together. We found that in practice this meant we could stand at the head of the boarding queue, with a restless baby, for about one hour. Departure gate staff made no attempt to deal with this by for example getting passengers to sit down until boarding was imminent or announcing that priority boarders could jump the queue when the gate was opened. I subsequently complained to Wizzair about this and they confirmed that priority boarding meant nothing unless present at the front of the queue at the time of boarding. It is true the flight was uneventful and extremely cheap, so I have not rubbished them completely.

Wizz Air Customer review :  13 November 2013 by R Jarvis    (UK)

I flew with Wizzair on 5 Nov from Craiova to London Luton, the girl at check in on the ground at Craiova wanted 20.00 to let me with 800grams over the 32KG allowed. She asked me to take items so that the weight was correct which I did. My company paid for my flight and I had "priority pass" which meant boarding earlier than everybody else, she refused to allow me on board until most people were boarded. I complained to Wizzair customer servvice that same evening, and the response received was appalling.

Wizz Air Customer review :  10 November 2013 by S Ilardo    (UK)

Donetsk- Luton. This flight will make me think twice, next time I may book with this airline. Once the boarding was completed, we started to see the captain and two engineers coming back and forward from the flight deck. One hour later, passengers were disembarked due to a technical problem. One hour later the flight was cancelled and an airport assistant said us that Wizz had no local assistance in the airport. However, she would have tried to provide assistance booking in a local room. I phoned to Wizz Air customer service, the phone call is chargable and four minutes cost me 4.82. The Wizz assistant said that I had two options, ask a ticket refund or wait until Wednesday (three days from the flight cancellation) for the next available flight. She said that there was no guarantee of a full hotel refund. I decided to take a train overnight and go to Kiev, where more flights were available. In spite the situation, Wizz Air in Kiev refused to bring me in the next flight Kiev-London available in 5 hours and asked me the full cost of Euro 200.00, which I refused to pay. The airline then replied to my refund request stating that they fall within the EU regulations for some passenger rights and under the Ukraine regulations for other things, like ticket refunds. So, I need to ask the refund to Wizz Ukraine, which I got two weeks later. The lesson learnt is that there are hidden costs which can surface when things get wrong. The entire return travel costs me Euro 285 more than planned.

Wizz Air Customer review :  6 November 2013 by O Borik    (UK)

I have travelled with Wizz Air a few times. I can remember only one flight which left and arrived on time. My last flight with them was a nightmare. Outbound flight one hour delayed. Return flight cancelled. Alternative offered was to re-book with them for a flight which left 3 days later. As I had to get back to work the next day I re- routed with a different airline. Wizz air refused to refund ticket. I will never use this airline again. They are not reliable and the last thing I need returning from a trip is to be stranded abroad for 3 days.

Wizz Air Customer review :  30 October 2013 by Jeremy Kuttner    (Israel)

Flew to Bucharest - despite reading a lot of bad reviews before our trip and being a little apprehensive, we had absolutely no problems. The flights left on time, the staff were courteous, the baggage processed quickly and without problem, and the planes clean even if a bit cramped. The best advice is to do your homework and thoroughly read all the explanations on their website regarding baggage sizes etc. so you know what to expect from a low-cost airline. Would definitely fly with them again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  30 October 2013 by C Botfield    (UK)

Just got back from a few days in Prague. Flew Wizzair for the first time from Luton. After all the negative comments below, what a surprise. No problems getting on/off the planes with unreserved seats. Both planes newish and clean. Cabin assistants did a great job, especially with families, politely asking singles to move in order to keep late boarding families together. Only gripe is Wizzair are inconsistent with baggage sizes. Some people being asked to pay for oversize baggage others with clearly oversize bags going through. A baguette, drink and 4 bar kit-kat costs only 5 on board. Seats are a bit close but at 50 a seat, fantastic value for money. Would definitely use again.

Wizz Air Customer review :  14 October 2013 by R Oaten    (UK)

Flew LTN to Targu Mures (TGM} for a 5 day trip. Both flights on time and in clean aircraft. Good crew, polite and reasonably attentive. Seats rather cramped but bearable for a 2.5 hour flight. Boarding is a bit of a scrum at TGM not helped by 2 large Romanian men who seemed intent on blocking the aisle so that they could sit where they wanted. Did not use refreshment facilities. Have flown this route twice and will use Wizzair again. You need to keep checking the booking process to make sure you get what you want, not what they want you to have. Baggage allowance was ok for me although I saw a man take a rucksack on board and place it in the overhead locker. The bag was bigger than my hold baggage!

Wizz Air Customer review :  8 October 2013 by R A Green    (UK)

26th Sep 2013, London Luton to Warsaw Chopin, flight W61306 and return was W61309 on 2nd Oct 2013. I had never flown with this airline before and will never fly again. The flight out was very cramped only 2hrs so put up with the discomfort however the trip back was a complete nightmare. We booked our case in and was left with just one small case and was asked to put it in the size frame - it fitted with just the handle out, this was the same case that was checked on the trip out. The case had grown in the 5 days we were away. At the pay desk we stood in a line of customers involved in the same wizz scam.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8