Scoot Passenger Reviews and Scoot Customer Trip Reports

Scoot Customer review :  29 January 2013 by Janet Goh    (New Zealand)

Scoot Biz

Singapore to Gold Coast. Unpleasant check in counter in Singapore.Staff was shouting at the customer "this is the business class check in counter!", without checking our tickets when we queue at business check in counter (we have purchased ScootBiz!). Seats hard, small (not like Jetstar's business class). Itinerary stated inflight entertainment, blanket, pillow eye mask, food and beverage. After take off, nothing was given. When we asked for the blanket and other stuff, was told that no longer available. We have to insist these are stated on the itinerary and was only given blanket. When we ask for water, was told to pay $3 per bottle. Sent in feedback to customer service with no reply.

Scoot Customer review :  28 January 2013 by Y Schwab    (Taiwan)

Booked flight Singapore-Sydney with seat reservation, turned up over 2 hours before departure but flight was overbooked. About 30 people couldn't get on the plane (even though most had paid for their seat reservation). Compensation? Nothing. Nobody from Scoot turned up to announce it or help out (staff of Changi airport were helpful, though). On the way back the flight was delayed by over 5 hours. Both flights were unacceptable!

Scoot Customer review :  28 January 2013 by David Whitting    (Myanmar)

Flight from Changi to Sydney now 5 hours late, and keeps being shifted backwards. Staff smug and disinterested. Will never fly Scoot again.

Scoot Customer review :  25 January 2013 by E Fogarty    (Singapore)

Pre-booked and paid for inflight entertainment but this service was not available when I asked after boarding. Now I had to find ways to entertain my kid for 7 hours. Instead of giving me a full cash refund for non- provision of service, I was offered a $20 voucher valid until July 2013 for 'additional baggage allowance and meal or to upgrade your seats for your future flight'. I have no plans to travel before then and I definitely unlikely to fly Scoot again! Throughout the 7+ hour flight, the call buttons were ringing non-stop making any sleep impossible. The call button is placed right beside the armrest and almost everyone accidentally pressed it. Seats were hard and toilets need more regular cleaning.

Scoot Customer review :  22 January 2013 by D Kim    (Australia)

Flew SIN to SYD. The only issue is with the timing of departure being so early in the morning but I compensated with the use of the transit lounge. Early Check-in was a positive. Overall, the flight was fine for the price paid, meal was adequate and seat recline good for a sleep. For price, definitely worth it if you don't mind sacrifices.

Scoot Customer review :  18 January 2013 by David Curran    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Over an hour to check-in because we were too early and had to check in at the early counter. Only about a dozen people in front of us but it took an hour to check them in. Of course no lounge but I expected that. Priority boarding was people at the back of the plane board first, oh and Business which meant a rush to the queue. The seats relined a little more than most standard seats. I asked to watch a tablet for entertainment and was told they were having technically difficulties and were not available. I since found out they haven't been available for months. Despite leaving at night and arriving in the morning, you only get 1 meal and 1 drink. A comfort pack was extra, we paid $8 for 1 blanket. We paid an extra $250 for: 1 Meal and 1 drink. Over 70% of the passengers boarded before us which meant the Gold Coast customs line was out onto the tarmac by the time we got off. They had 3 international flights arrive at once as they do most mornings. This airport can barely handle 1 international flight. Our flight arrived at 8.25am and we finally got out of customs around 9.40am.

Scoot Customer review :  9 January 2013 by R Douglass    (Australia)

SYD-SIN-SYD in Oct 2012. Surprised that for the fare we paid, we received so much. Flights were within 30 minutes of schedule at all times. The seats (Yellow seats $25AUD more) were very good. I am 6ft3, yet I fit very easily and had plenty of room to stretch my legs under the seat in front. Fully aware that there was no IFE, so we took our own. Meals were very average, but that is not too surprising. Staff were obviously young and inexperienced, however they provided all that was required and were always smiling. The price of drinks etc was not too bad. Airport check in at Sydney was quite lengthy, but at Singapore was really quick. It is important to remember that it is a low cost carrier.

Scoot Customer review :  9 January 2013 by Lee Ally    (Singapore)

Flew to Gold Coast in mid Dec. Pre-booked and paid for inflight entertainment but this service was 'pulled out due to operational constraint'. Instead of giving us a full cash refund for non-provision of service, we were offered a $20 voucher valid until 30 Jun 2013 for 'additional baggage allowance and meal or to upgrade your seats for your future flight'. In response to my request for cash refund, I was told to note that the vouchers were transferable. We have no plans to travel before 30 Jun and are definitely unlikely to fly Scoot again!

Scoot Customer review :  8 January 2013 by S Edwards    (Australia)

Flew OOL-SIN for the first time on 25 Dec 12. Very pleasantly surprised. Although the flight was full, the B777 did give the impression of spaciousness. Pleased that I had paid a little extra for an upgraded seat, though. Plenty of legroom - but the armrests are very narrow. No headrests on the seats and the installation of these would be a big plus. The in-flight meals (even the upgraded ones) are no more than snacks - but that was not a big deal. There is, of course, no IFE. However, if you are happy enough to read or use a computer, the time passes quite quickly. My only criticism is that the food service was a little chaotic. Other than that Scoot represents excellent value. I'm planning to use Scoot's OOL services in future as a 'launchpad' to the multitude of destinations available from SIN. Very good value for money.

Scoot Customer review :  30 December 2012 by H Ho    (Singapore)

Flew SIN-TPE on 21st December, the plane cabin actually looked rather old and dated. A panel at the ceiling of the cabin seemed to be loose too. Seats were hard and uncomfortable, this was made worse by the lack of a headrest. However, the recline of the seat was outstanding. Throughout the 4 hour flight, the call buttons were ringing non-stop making any sleep impossible. The call button is placed right beside the armrest so almost everyone accidentally pressed it. Cabin was also rather cold. Toilets are clean and there are drinking fountains outside toilets too. As for service, the service crew was very unprofessional, they did their work without any smiles and all seemed very cold.

Scoot Customer review :  28 December 2012 by D Dwyer    (Australia)

Badly organised boarding. Despite having on board water fountains, the staff refused to supply a plastic cup without buying outrageously expensive water. Most customers around me were expecting to have to pay for toilet paper. No inflight entertainment available unless booked with purchase of ticket. Staff are friendly but either overworked or under trained. Overall, I'll stay away from Budget airlines in the future.

Scoot Customer review :  23 December 2012 by G A Bray    (Australia)

Flew OOL-SIN and SIN-TSN return, was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the trip. It is a budget airline, so you can not expect all the bells and whistles. All aircraft's were fresh and new, with a young aircrew to boot. They seemed in good spirits and helpful. Naturally the food service was basic, but not too expensive compared to some other budget carriers I have flown with. Surprisingly I was placed in a yellow stretched seat but while the seating did have more leg room, the lack of adjustable headrest, did not make it too much better. All in all though, I would not hesitate to re-book a flight with them. No Inflight entertainment was available but I did not intend of using the pay service anyway.

Scoot Customer review :  5 December 2012 by M G Mengler    (Australia)

Scoot Business really means Premium Economy, with one spicy Asian meal and one drink included, no bread roll, salt or pepper etc - very basic food indeed. After that there is a charge for everything. Try to carry your own water as its not provided - especially on longer flights. The seats are OK, but difficult for sleeping. Our Singapore to Gold Coast flight was delayed an hour before any explanation was given to passengers. The flight eventually departed 1.5 hrs late.

Scoot Customer review :  30 November 2012 by R West    (Australia)

BKK-SIN connecting to SIN-SYD on 28/29 November. As other posters have noted, it's definitely worth paying for the extra leg room in the yellow "Stretch" seats. However, the seats themselves are very narrow (10 abreast in a 777), and are uncomfortable, with no head rest. The forward economy cabin was also very cold. I pre-paid for meals but wouldn't do so again. In future, I would bring my own food. I also pre-paid for "Scoot-thru." - the Scoot transfer facility in Singapore for Scoot-Scoot or Tiger passengers. The advantage of doing this is that it provides a similar connection facility to that of just about any legacy carrier. Not pre- paying this fee means that if I had missed the connecting flight, I would have had to pay (according to Scoot terms and conditions) a re-booking fare and the fare differential for the next available flight, even if the problem was with Scoot. Paying the "Scoot-thru" fee also meant that in Singapore I did not have to claim my bag, clear customs and check in again for the connecting flight. Instead, I was able to organise my next flight at Scoot's transfer facility within the airside departure level. Service is friendly but the staff don't seem particularly assertive. Overall, I found Scoot to be cheap and cheerful and if you're a budget traveller, I would recommend.

Scoot Customer review :  28 November 2012 by L Lim    (Singapore)

Flew SIN-SYD-SIN. Seats were really comfortable for a budget carrier. If you can, book the economy plus (yellow seats). For a bit more, you get a lot more leg space. The food and beverage bundle was worth the money. Food was nice and cabin crew was efficient. Hopefully, they can size up their fleet so that there will not be any delays.