Scoot Passenger Reviews and Scoot Customer Trip Reports

Scoot Customer review :  3 June 2013 by B Anderson    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Sydney to Singapore return. Outward leg May 3, return May 26. ScootBiz is a 100% premium over the economy cabin, and it just isn't worth it. Is more legroom, more incline and free meal worth double? Is priority check in a bonus when your bags are the last to be unloaded at the other end? Scoot will have to increase its 'biz' offer substantially, or lower the premium (substantially), to have me flying it again.

Scoot Customer review :  1 June 2013 by Chris Crowley    (Thailand)

BKK-SIN, out April 28th, return May 31st. Very disappointing in most ways. Poor food selection, poor, rambling, hard to understand communication, inexperienced and abrupt service from a small but significant number of the flight and ground crew. It sets out to be cool and trendy and ends up feeling shabby. Poor staff training and on the ground service levels are simply too poor to match the ideals.

Scoot Customer review :  28 May 2013 by S Max    (Australia)

Depending on whether the flight is full or not, your experience on Scoot will change dramatically. On a full flight, you will experience the worst, most uncomfortable seat in an aircraft. When the passenger in front of you decides to sleep and put their seat down low, its back will be directly in front of your face. Thin seats, extremely narrow, not recommended for medium-long hauls.

Scoot Customer review :  21 May 2013 by K Y Chua    (Singapore)

ScootBiz

Scootbiz from Singapore to Shenyang, China. Departure 20 mins late, they served us food around 2.15am. If you couldn't eat at that time, they could store your food for you and serve it to you as breakfast before arriving in Shenyang. The one hour transit in Qingdao was a tiring process - you are expected to bring along all your hand carry luggage with you. You have to clear all immigration in Qingdao. On our return flight, Scoot was on time and even arrived 30 min earlier in Singapore. Seat was quite wide and rather comfy. No food served from Shenyang to Qingdao. Luckily, we had brought enough of our own food. Both iPads and blankets could be rented and bought. We brought along our own iPads and downloaded their system before the flight. Overall, though initially we have had a nightmarish experience of trying to change our destination from Shenyang to Tokyo, everything about the Scootbiz experience was surprisingly nice for a budget airline.

Scoot Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Farouk Mogheth    (Thailand)

Flew BKK-SIN-BKK. Simply the best low-cost experience I've had. The flight was simply perfect from very clear online sales (unlike Air Asia and other airlines with unclear pricing and everything piles on at the end). Using a wide body is not an issue but the seats and the seat pitch was very generous more than legacy carriers - The seat pitch was incredible. Crew very young but professional. Good selection of food and drinks on board. Hoping they'll add frequencies to Bangkok as they currently have only 1. Recommending them for sure.

Scoot Customer review :  17 May 2013 by Roger Hancock    (Singapore)

ScootBiz

In terms of airline value for money for an 8 hour flight from Sydney to Singapore ScootBiz is about the best there is. It was certainly well worth the $139 surcharge (which I paid on check-in when offered the option) on top of the extremely low economy fare. The cabin was spacious and uncrowded, and the seats comfortable with plenty of legroom and a fully adequate recline. The food and wine was very simple but perfectly acceptable. Food and drink over and above the initial meal has to be paid for separately but prices are reasonable. Service was good. The flight was on time. Well recommended.

Scoot Customer review :  13 May 2013 by Rami Segev    (Australia)

5 hours delay due to "unknown engineering problem", no notification in advance, and during the whole 5 hours, Scoot representatives repeat helplessly, we do not know when and if the flight will resume, we'll notify you when we know. No vouchers or any compensation was offered. Terrible service, even for a budget flight. It was first and last time for me to travel with budget airline.

Scoot Customer review :  9 May 2013 by Andrew Coogans    (Scotland)

ScootBiz

SYD-SIN in ScootBiz. Booked Economy class but added all extras as Scoot were offering a possibility of being upgraded. This did not happen, but I was able to pay for an upgrade at the airport for a very reasonable price. Check in looked chaotic, but I was checked in at the sales desk after I was upgraded. Flight itself was delayed slightly at Sydney (20 mins) but on-board the crew were very genuine and friendly, and the seat was very comfortable, although there were a few issues of lights going on and off. The way some people choose to sit seems to activate the lights, which isn't really the passengers fault. The food was not particularly satisfying and because I don't have a tablet device I couldn't take advantage of the free "ScootTV". Upon arrival in Singapore I was getting slightly anxious about my connection because added to the delay was a ground delay of around 45 minutes waiting for a ground power unit after the original one (so the Captain explained) was faulty. Loved Scoot and loved the value of ScootBiz.

Scoot Customer review :  8 May 2013 by R Douglass    (Australia)

Flew ScootBiz Sydney-Singapore-Taipei-Tokyo-Singapore-Sydney. 6 flights in total. All on time, and even arriving early in most cases. Great onboard service and Scootbiz is a fantastic premium (not Business) product. We have also flown Economy with Scoot before, and we cannot speak highly enough of the benefits of this new low cost airline.

Scoot Customer review :  8 May 2013 by M Fitzgerald    (Australia)

ScootBiz

Last Sunday morning we went to Gold Coast Airport bound for Singapore. On arrival we were greeted by a cheerful woman behind a separate Biz Counter who processed our details within a couple of minutes. When boarding was called the usual crowd surged to the front. As advertised, there was a special entry aisle for Scoot Biz Class but it was hard to see because of the crowd. We were actually first on board, and our seats were as planned. As soon as we sat down we were served with cold water with a friendly greeting. A lot has been said about the Biz Class seats and some of it sadly is true but travellers must remember the fare is about a quarter of what other Australian airlines charge and half of that charged by rival Air Asia. They don't leave a lot of elbow room and don't recline to the floor, but they are, on the whole, fairly comfortable for the money we paid. The food was nothing special, it was tasty.

Scoot Customer review :  2 May 2013 by R Robertson    (Australia)

ScootBiz

I flew with Scoot last month to Singapore, we had booked into economy class and upgraded to the nicer seats. My partner and I were happy with this arrangement, knowing that it was only a 7-8 hour flight to Singapore we thought we could easily keep ourselves entertained etc. When we went to check-in on the morning of our flight we got offered to the ScootBiz for a few hundred more, we decided to go ahead with the upgrade as we had the money to do so, I think all up it cost about $550-600 each. ScootBiz was awesome, and well worth the extra. I have flown Premium Economy with JAL before and it was terrible compared to ScootBiz. ScootBiz had good leg-room and nice wide seats, you get to board first and get off first, you get served when you want it. We took our own drinks and food on the plane and we were happy. ScootBiz gives you a meal and drink of your choice as well. I had read some horror stories but I found staff to be friendly and helpful.

Scoot Customer review :  26 April 2013 by Mark Smith    (Australia)

SYD-SIN. Flight was 2 hours late leaving SYD and we arrived in SIN one hour behind scheduled time. Check in at SYD was quick, even with plenty of people waiting before me for check-in to open. Staff were attentive and smiling. I had a stretch seat (yellow) at the rear of the aircraft, cost me an additional AUD $24. Leg room was great and seat was comfy enough. I didn't eat the airline food, I took my own sandwiches. I didn't hire the inflight tablets, I read a book. Drinking water was available on the flight near the toilets in the middle of the economy section. Overall for a one-way ticket that cost $240 all up I was pleased with the value for money. I would fly Scoot again if I needed to.

Scoot Customer review :  22 April 2013 by S Andrews    (Australia)

Brisbane to Bangkok return. We paid $1430 for four of us to fly to Bangkok return. I had a couple of queries prior to flying and emails were promptly replied to and information provided. All four flights on time. The cabin staff were friendly and efficient. We did pre-order a meal Coolangatta to Singapore, which admittedly I will not be doing again - the worst airline meal I have ever had. We learnt our lesson and didn't worry with the on board food service again. I noticed a number of reviewers complained about lengthy check-in queues - perhaps we were lucky but we had no such difficulties. I should mention that between the four of us we did only have 3 small backpacks which were less then 7kg in weight and we checked them in as cabin luggage. On the way home we did arrive at both Bangkok and Singapore airports quite early (around 3.5 hours) due to an early flight from Koh Samui and an overnight in Singapore. So we were the first ones to check in. this worked in our favour as we were for some reason automatically upgraded to the yellow seats on both sectors. they are definitely more comfy and have more leg room then the blue seats. However to be honest we are not big people (average height, average build) so the blue seats were fine for us anyway, if you were taller or bigger in size it may be more uncomfortable I guess. Overall we had a great experience with Scoot. The price was incredibly cheap at just over $1400 for four of us.