Lufthansa Customer Reviews and Deutsche Lufthansa Passenger Trip Reports

WATCH the Lufthansa cabin service and product videos

Lufthansa Customer review :  28 March 2015 by Sviatlana Papova    (Belarus)

Rating 10/10

Travelled on March 18th from Minsk to Barcelona with a layover in Frankfurt. Both flights were perfect. Great thanks to all the crew members for excellent service and comfort. Yesterday on March 25th took the same flights back from BCN to MSQ! The first flight was rather nice but the plane from Frankfurt to Minsk experienced some technical problems and we had to fly back to Germany. But all the staff members both in the airport and on the plane acted very professionally. We got a new plane and landed safely in Minsk. Impressive.

Lufthansa Customer review :  25 March 2015 by Ian Patrick    (Kuwait)

Rating 10/10

I travelled from Kuwait to Frankfurt and back for one night on 17th/18th March. Both flights had the new Business Class seat which is excellent. On both flights the crew were attentive and smiling, and the food was very good. Check in at Kuwait was fast and efficient as was the boarding (for an early departure). The flight was short at just over 5 hours 30 minutes but the crew was relaxed and not rushed, offering drinks, a nice snack and a choice of breakfast. Returning from Frankfurt was equally pleasurable from check in to arrival with only a small delay due to congestion at Frankfurt Airport. Another good flight to Kuwait, with equally good crew and catering. Impressive.

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 March 2015 by Reinemer Peter    (Germany)

Rating 6/10

LH424 and LH425, MUC-BOS and BOS-MUC on March 9 and March 11. Very good in principle, high safety and service standards, however, planes a bit outdated more recently and poor seat comfort and space. Frequent traveler program "miles and more" was one of the best in the industry, however, recently the rules for mileage gain have been dramatically changed to the negative and former status customers are expelled by unfavourable new rules.

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 March 2015 by J Tinning    (Australia)

Rating 10/10

Between Munich and London Heathrow. The flight was on time, the aircraft (320) was clean and comfortable. The catering is good quality and staff friendly. Was good first flight with Lufthansa, and would choose again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 March 2015 by M Peretti    (Italy)

Rating 7/10

LH 414, 11/3/2015. I've been, and still am, a loyal flyer to LH for more than 10 years, but now its network of connections (LH and Star Alliance in general) is getting less competitive and forcing me to evaluate alternatives: in the US I'm forced to fly with alternative airlines. In Italy, where I live, connections to AOI airport have been cut and now I'm frequently going SkyTeam. I'm not happy with this.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Crowther Alexander    (Slovenia)

Rating 8/10

Flew from VCE to FRA and from FRA to DUB, economy class ticket. The crew on both flights were extremely polite and kind. On the VCE to FRA flight we had to wait in the aircraft for around 45 minutes due to problems with snow in Frankfurt. Some people were worried that they would miss their connecting flights but the crew and flight attendants kept us informed about all delays and changes. I got my flight to Dublin on time and it also had a slight delay. I have flown with Lufthansa most of my life and I am very satisfied with the airline. The food however is like with all other European and American airliners if you fly on an economy class ticket.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Richard Connett    (New Zealand)

Rating 7/10

LH903 - LHR/FRA - A320 - 27 Jan. The check-in service at LHR was exceptional and one of the best check-in experiences I have had. As I was a premium customer the agent gave me an exit row seat and kept the next seat to me vacant. The service changed for the worst in the departure lounge. First of all they announced boarding for business class and Star Alliance Gold customers. I skipped over to that line to board, only to be hauled up by an abrupt and loud ground crew member to be told in front of everyone that "we are only boarding business class and Gold Star Alliance customers". I had pleasure in telling her I was a Star Alliance Gold Member (actually Elite with Air New Zealand) and I then boarded. In this day and age no one should ever presume that only people wearing Savile Row suits and Italian shoes are the Premium customers. The rest of the flight was typical LH, clean plane, efficient and professional cabin crew, with pilots getting us there before time and baggage being unloaded within minutes.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Milan Grohmann    (Czech Republic)

Rating 2/10

LH 402, Mar 8 2015 from Frankfurt to Newark. There was a standard that on Star Alliance flights the gold members got following standard benefits on board. a) Priority boarding, b) personal invitation on board by the steward, c) free seat next to passenger's one to provide more comfort (if possible). On this flight everything was wrong. Boarding was chaotic, there was no priority boarding. No invitation. The flight was not overbooked but stewardess seated another person next to me so she reduced my flight comfort significantly. She could have seated that person easily somewhere else. It didn't happen for the first time. The service standard of Lufthansa has decreased a lot during last 9 months.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 March 2015 by F Biewer    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

I recently experienced a great and very comfortable Business Class flight with Lufthansa from Munich to Miami. Perfect service, very professional, helpful and friendly crew. The food was delicious and a nice variety of wines was served. Everything very clean, comfortable seat that was converted into a full flat bed. So I could get some hours of sleep. Very clean plane and technically in perfect shape as far as I a business person could see. Great service so I can highly recommend Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 March 2015 by F Biewer    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

I recently experienced a wonderful and highest comfort First Class flight with Lufthansa from Munich to Miami. Perfect service, very professional, helpful and friendly crew. The food was delicious and a phenomenal variety of wines was served. Everything very clean, comfortable seat that was converted into a bed with very comfortable sheets, where I could get some sleep for several hours. Very clean plane and technically in perfect shape as far as I a business person could see. Great service so I can highly recommend Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 March 2015 by R Thut    (Switzerland)

Rating 6/10

MUC-TLS-MUC on March 12, and return March 16. The flight was operated by Lufthansa's CITY LINE with an E195. I love this aircraft. The crew to Toulouse were very nice and happy to passengers, opposite on the way back. Presented themselves a little arrogantly. The service was a sandwich and a drink service. Fine with me. However they served the exact same sandwich on the way back. I am happy, that Swiss will fly as of May 1, 2015 directly to TLS, so I don't have to fly to MUC to change.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 March 2015 by Felicetti Riccardo    (Italy)

Rating 9/10

Out of EWR and in in FRA on time. Nice welcome on board. Fine food and huge choice of on board entertainment. Nice to wake up with a "good morning" caress and a real Espresso.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2015 by O Benyehuda    (USA)

Rating 5/10

Flew Business Class from Newark to Stockholm and return to JFK, both via Frankfurt. Outbound on 747-800. Beautiful plane and has a high tech feel. New Business Class is nice but somewhat cramped - the seats are very narrow and there is really no storage space. The angled seats puts your feet uncomfortably close to your neighbors. Service on board was very professional and attentive. The meal out of Newark was surprisingly good with an excellent fillet mignon but ground service was lacking - boarding was delayed by almost an hour after it was announced for unclear reasons and the lounge was crowded with terrible internet. Connecting flight on A321 - just economy seats for business class price. Nice service but terrible product. Return was supposed to be on United from Frankfurt but flight delayed for 7 hrs due to mechanical so switched to LH400. Again impeccable service but meal, as is standard for Lufthansa out of Frankfurt, barely edible - tough lamb with weird vegetables. Desert so small one needs a microscope to see it. The breads served were the best part of the meal. The biggest problem is Lufthansa's angled business class seat. The most uncomfortable business class seat in the air. The IFE system had very limited choices. We circled JFK due to a bad snow storm and then waited for gate forever - total delay of 2.5 hrs. but the crew kept everyone informed and were very nice. Bottom line - highly professional service with sub par cabins.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2015 by V Ladhani    (Germany)

Rating 5/10

HAM-FRA-RIX: I have travelled this sector a couple of times in past few months and service has always been consistent, although at times crew can be sour. All the flights were operated on time on standard A321, without AVOD. I am 189 cms tall and find LH seats hard but I somehow fit in, cost cutting can be clearly seen. At all flights, informative announcement from cabin. Toilets on LH can inconsistent, dirty on some segments. On both flights to RIX, crew ran out of sandwiches so we had to take leftover croissants. The crew are doing an acceptable job but they need to work on their snack service. This segment is 2 hours and has enough time to serve a decent snack and please, also consider vegetarians. Even though I pay for a premium airline, I always have to buy a salad or sandwich from the airport to eat inside the aircraft, just because sandwiches are either with chicken or eggs. No vegetarian option and one can't even book a meal for long EU flights.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2015 by V Kini    (UAE)

Rating 9/10

DXB-FRA, BUD-FRA-DXB. Usually exclusively fly with Emirates, but I'm glad I chose Lufthansa this time. Online check in worked like a charm and the bag drop counter was very fast. As the intercontinental flight was red-eye, didn't get to properly check out the IFE, but it looked very promising. Food was excellent, very good taste indeed. Cabin crew were nothing exceptional, but very good nonetheless. Seat on the A340-300 was quite comfortable, and I got some good shut eye. Seats on the A320 BUD-FRA were a bit thin, but can't complain as it's adequate for the short hop. All flights were perfectly on time, and although we had a 1 hour connection in FRA on the return trip, we had plenty of time. Overall, very good first experience on Lufthansa!

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2015 by T Eldem    (Canada)

Rating 7/10

LH475 from YUL to MUC on Airbus 333. Used the priority check-in for Star Alliance Gold and was served by a very efficient duo of agents. They moved me forward in the cabin and put me in a seat which had a good chance of having the neighbouring seat empty. It also provided extra legroom as it was in a transition row. Aircraft was spotless and bright and the pullback from the gate was on time. Service by FA's was efficient, professional and attentive. Two choices of main course was offered for dinner and the food quality was good for Economy. There were several drink rounds throughout the overnight flight and breakfast was served prior to landing. IFE was expansive and offered a great choice of recent movies and other entertainment. Bathrooms were spacious, bright and kept clean. Seats were as comfortable as one can expect in Economy and provided reasonable legroom. Flight arrived on time and we were kept informed by the captain at just the right points in the flight. Another great experience with Lufthansa, they seldom disappoint.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2015 by J Egan    (New Zealand)

Rating 7/10

LAX-MUC on an A340-600 (newly reconfigured with Premium Economy). Had the aisle bulkhead in the front of economy. LOTS of legroom, though the IFE and tray are both in the armrest (fine by me). Seat was very comfortable and I slept well. Crew were excellent, as was the food. Got to watch 2 recent Oscar winning films in the IFE. I love the A340's having the economy class toilets downstairs. Wish LH flew directly to New Zealand: they would have my money every time.

Lufthansa Customer review :  17 March 2015 by Sebastian Nossing    (Germany)

Rating 3/10

I traveled from FRA to LAX on a brand new Lufthansa Boeing 747-8i. The plane itself was in great condition with a wide selection of entertainment programmes and friendly staff providing good service. But economy seating was absolutely not acceptable in terms of seat dimensions. I am a pretty average sized male (187cm, 90kg) and my shoulder width was wider than the seat. Same goes for my seat neighbour, which meant that we had to sit uncomfortably bent and twisted or get personal. The forward distance was so narrow that my face was only 5 inches from the back of the forward seat when it was moved fully backwards. I tried to avoid the whole thing by upgrading to Premium Economy but I learned that a regular Economy ticket was not eligible for an upgrade. Only Eco Flex tickets can be upgraded, but they are so expensive that I would go straight to Business Class instead of buying one of them. Overall I am still wondering what all these bonus miles on my account are good for. Conclusion: When I have an alternative on a direct connection next time, I will give the competitor a try. Lufthansa's problem aren't overpaid crews but a lack of respect to the needs of passengers.

Lufthansa Customer review :  9 March 2015 by Glenn Standish    (Poland)

Rating 9/10

I flew from Frankfurt to Tokyo and back on am A340-300. Both flights were excellent with good, efficient service and responsive in flight entertainment. The wifi (paid service) was excellent and really helped to pass the time during the long 11-12hr flights. One passenger had an eating disorder and for some reason there had a misunderstanding and Lufthansa didn't have a meal for them. I was very impressed how the chief purser went out of her way for the passenger offering him food from business class and at one stage even her own food! The outbound flight was delayed due to a technical malfunction just as we were taxiing to the runway. However was impressed with how Lufthansa handled this. The pilot kept us informed several times and we were only delayed by an additional hour. Overall, I highly recommend Lufthansa!

Lufthansa Customer review :  9 March 2015 by K Fortwaengler    (Germany)

Rating 4/10

As large person (6ft 4in), it is almost impossible to sit in one of the standard economy class seats! I learnt that with the cheaper tickets, a seat reservation is no longer possible. So even if you check in online (24 hours prior to the flight), only middle seats are available - absolutely impossible for people like me! I had luck that one person didn't check in so one of the seats with additional leg space was available. The crew supported me in this (the woman at the check-in told me that the seat maybe would be available and I should ask at the gate, as I've arrived at the gate, they already were informed). So this time, leg space was no issue but if you don't like close contact to your neighbors, you will not stay in the seat for a long time! You can't sit erect, you have to buckle. I've spend more than 50% of the time walking around and chatting with the very friendly crew. For me (not paying an extra charge), this seat was OK. But for my neighbor, who paid extra, it was annoying - he like me was more walking around than sitting in the insufficient seat!

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2015 by S Buchholz    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

Had a 10hrs flight from LAX-FRA with this airline and the service at the airport was okay. I did online-check in 24hrs before, so I only had to go to the bag drop counter. The line was very long so I had to wait a long time. The funny thing was that the check-in line was much faster. Boarding was fast. The impression I got of the crew was that they were very unfriendly and were very stressed. The seats were comfortable for a long flight. Leg space was okay if the front seat isn't reclined. A plus was the inflight entertainment, a large selection of movies, music, TV shows and games. The food was better than average, a choice between two dishes. I had the chicken which was okay for an onboard meal. Breakfast was an omelette with spinach and hash browns, a plus is, that you have a good choice of beverages and alcoholic drinks. All in all it was a nice flight, with average food and stressed stewards. In the past service was much better.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2015 by O Hazan    (USA)

Rating 7/10

IAD-IST (via FRA) in economy on February 21, 2015. I arrived at IAD during a bad snowstorm. The gate counter showed the flight as "on time" until the 748 showed up, 60m before the scheduled departure time. Departure was then delayed by 90 minutes. The American agents at the gate weren't very polished about it, but not too bad either. They were able to give me my new arrival time in Istanbul (3.5h later than originally planned). We boarded, but needed to de-ice and it took 2.5h between boarding and taking off. I am glad I had had a snack at IAD! The captain was frustrated and very apologetic throughout. This was my 2nd flight on LH 748, and although I love the Queen of the Skies, the 748 economy cabin is not pleasant. It is very chopped up, and you don't have that Wow feel you should have in a 747. I was on the first aisle seat behind the premium economy, which means that the aisle abruptly narrowed, and I was "in the way." Dinner was fine and the choice of entertainment was great. Because of the delay, I had a rushed transfer at FRA, where the passengers needed to take a bus to board (no jetway for the IST flight). The flight to IST, on a spotless A320 was uneventful. Good lunch, but no entertainment at all. All in all, Lufthansa did well, considering the storm. But on my way back, Turkish Airlines and United were just as good if not a little better.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Arthur Mosher    (USA)

Rating 9/10

I choose Lufthansa over other transatlantic carriers because I have and continue to experience excellent service, even in the economy class. I do wish, however, that Lufthansa had not followed the lead of United in the reduction of space in regular economy class and the introduction of a "premium" economy class for an excessive amount of additional fare. The space in the "regular" economy class has become too tight. Service continues to be good, although the "snack" before landing in Chicago left much to be desired. The flight attendants on this particular flight (LH 430 on February 25) provided excellent service in a friendly and accommodating way. The interface between the Lufthansa and connecting United flight was better than I have experienced in the past, although I believe that United continues to be the weak link in the Star Alliance, particularly with regard to US-domestic flights that connect with Lufthansa international flights. United's service simply doesn't compare with Lufthansa's and their flights are frequently delayed or canceled.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Nissen Marina    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

LH 418, a very reliable airline. An improvement that they have introduced Premium Economy class. On this specific flight the crew offered water regularly. The inflight entertainment is a little outdated. A positive was the Hotspot / Internet access which allowed me to do some work.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Devottam Sengupta    (India)

Rating 6/10

Business class on BCN-FRA-DEL. BCN-FRA flight was decent (same seats as economy nothing to write home about, good breakfast, warm service) but for some reason was parked halfway down the Rhine valley when it arrived in Frankfurt. Took over 40 minutes to make my connecting flight at literally the other end of the airport. For some reason, Frankfurt airport staff thought it necessary for all buses to wait for all passengers to leave the aircraft before staring the long trek to the terminal, instead of a bus starting off when full. FRA-DEL flight was on the A380 with the old style angled flat seats. Given that both of Lufthansa's supposedly downmarket brands (Swiss and Austrian) have better long haul business seats, Lufthansa has no excuse for continuing with this substandard product. To add to the cost-cutting feel, the portions of food served on the flight seemed smaller than those I've gotten in the past on LH. At least the IFE worked fine and has good choice and the staff tried hard to keep the passengers happy. Would recommend flying Lufthansa business only if flying on an aircraft with the new business class.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2015 by D Moore    (UK)

Rating 2/10

Flew on LH 958, FRA/BHX on 22 February in business class. The cabin staff did not even bother to close the curtain separating business from economy throughout the entire flight, that tells you everything you need to know about Lufthansa's incredibly poor short haul domestic product. I had transferred from a long haul flight where I experienced the new business product which is excellent. I guess the business cabin on short European flights is used mainly by connecting long haul business class passengers - surely nobody would actually pay to fly business on only a short haul flight, at least not on LH group carriers.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Smedley Jenny    (UK)

Rating 10/10

Birmingham to Venice, 20/2/15. As a frequent traveller whose budget only stretches to economy class we were very impressed. Very efficient check in and friendly crew, really enjoyed the complimentary snacks and drinks and disagree with other reviews stating "not enough legroom" in economy. We all had a very comfortable flight and will definitely fly with Lufthansa again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2015 by D Jennings    (USA)

Rating 8/10

A380-800, FRA-MIA in coach on 3/1/2015. Flight left promptly on a dreary day in Frankfurt. Seating in row 83 was a bit tight but I had ample shoulder room at the window thanks to the curve of the plane's fuselage. Two full meals were served over the 10 hour flight and the crew was pleasant and the flight was amazingly smooth at 40,000 feet.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2015 by Etsy Tahti    (USA)

Rating 4/10

I recently flew from Mumbai (BOM) to Frankfurt (FRA) LH757 and Frankfurt (FRA) to Newark (EWR) LH402. In general, I am happy with Lufthansa service, compared to United Flights I flew earlier. However I noticed a significant difference in service for the flight leg from Mumbai (BOM) to Frankfurt (FRA) LH757 compared to Frankfurt (FRA) to Newark (EWR) LH402. On LH757, flight attendants were not very friendly, one of them was complaining that he had a tough night! As far as I am concerned, most of the passengers were ready to go to sleep as the flight was scheduled at 3am. So there was not much to do for the flight attendants. I would say it was very "light" duty for the flight attendants. In Economy class, during the food service, water was only dispensed once. Coffee was never served. When asked for water after dinner, it never was delivered! Now, notice that on this flight alcoholic drinks were not even offered! Most of the flight time flight attendants were not seen. On the leg from Frankfurt to Newark LH402, flight attendants were extra friendly, offering passengers help in finding places for luggage. Offered alcoholic beverages. Extra non alcoholic drinks. After the main dinner service, there were extra offering of beverages like tea, coffee and water! It seemed like a totally different airline! Why the difference Lufthansa?

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 March 2015 by W Veit    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

Economy FRA-ORD was ok in many ways, on time, good seats, timely departure and arrival. However, advance seat reservation (window seat at a cost of €25) did not allow do identify seats with TV boxes under the next seat, thus restricting space. This should be indicated during the booking process, like is possible with SWISS.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Dinixo Geht    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

LH475. Overall a good flight. Very full, so no free seat at all in the cabin. Staff very friendly. Cabin very modern. I had requested an Asian vegetarian menu, however it turned out as a "normal" tasteless vegetarian rice and vegetable. Staff tried and provided some veggie pasta, which was ok. Overall satisfied with the flight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Zoran Culig    (Austria)

Rating 10/10

LH 979, 13th Feb 2015. DUB-FRA in Business, Lufthansa Europe services greatly improved in 2014 and 2015. Very friendly cabin crew and the pilot provided detailed information about the flight. Optimal work conditions during the flight. For Lufthansa Business Class, three different price levels are available so that cheaper options could also be purchased.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Richard Hattemer    (Germany)

Rating 6/10

FRA-BOG-FRA on A340-600. As often with Lufthansa I found the flights satisfactory but not outstanding. Airplane looked new, the cabin was in good condition and clean (the bathroom less so, at least after a few hours into the flights). Beverages were served several times, selection and quality were good. Food was o.k. but nothing to rave about, except for the very tasty passion fruit cream for dessert on the flight back and the chocolate in between. I am glad, though, that again there was a vegetarian option. Service was quite friendly and attentive. For a tall person, though, the space in Lufthansa's Economy Class is really sub-standard: narrow seats, leg room barely alright if the person in front of you has the seat in an upright position but very uncomfortable if that is not the case. My seat neighbor, who had a center seat, could hardly get out of the row. The space on Avianca's A318 for a domestic flight before that was definitely more generous and did not feel as claustrophobic. The IFE touch- screen did hardly react on both flights. Changing the program was therefore difficult.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 February 2015 by Erksson Jens    (Sweden)

Rating 9/10

LH 457, LAX-FRA, 9th February. It was my first trip with a 747-8, and it was a great experience. I had a real good seat - 27K where I could feel comfortable and very good space to be an economy seat. Lufthansa always offers me a good service.

Lufthansa Customer review :  24 February 2015 by A Schaberg    (Germany)

Rating 3/10

LH429. The seat comfort in Economy Class is bad compared to other airlines. Even for people with a normal body height, it is not comfortable to sit for 8-9 hours. Sleeping is nearly impossible due to steep position of seat back. Due to excellent reputation of airline, I still tend to travel with LH and recommend to friends.

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 February 2015 by R Ingo    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

Trip FRA-SIN and BKK-FRA, on A380/A340 respectively. Friendly crew, good service. IFE has improved, too. New seats in economy are OK, but seem of poor quality as the recline function was already faulty after not a very long-time in service. I always notice that the crew 'vanish' after their routine service.

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 February 2015 by Ford Alexander    (Luxembourg)

Rating 9/10

We flew FRA-SIN-FRA in business class. They have really improved their service offering. Now you get slippers and socks, which does make perfect sense when you want to go to the restroom. They serve champagne in champagne glasses and finally serve espresso too. The crew to SIN was very friendly and courteous and took great care of us. On the return it was a little less overwhelming, less smiles. IFE in general great, more quality than quantity, I prefer that. On return flight our screens didn't work and they didn't do much about it apart from suggesting we should sleep. Middle eastern Airlines really made a point and now all the others must follow if they want to stay in business. Advantage goes to LH, their crews interact with customers .It's all a bit bland but what you see is what you get.

Lufthansa Customer review :  12 February 2015 by D Keipinger    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

Flight: LH430, FRA-ORD. Excellent crew, good IFE, very good food. Economy Seat could be improved.

Lufthansa Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Di Mugno Michael    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

Washington Dulles to Frankfurt. 19/1/2015. My first time in Premium Economy and it's been fantastic! Its not as cheap as Economy Plus on United, but you can't compare that! Far more leg space, fantastic seats where you can nearly lay down as in Business Class, food and drinks served with style and great taste! For my next trip I will book Premium Economy for sure. It's 100% worth it!

Lufthansa Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Krumm Christian    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

LH475, Montreal - Munich. Almost fully booked. Seats (Economy) quite comfortable, but a little more space would be great. Service nearly perfect, very friendly staff. Catering very good (dinner) except the "snack" in the morning (sweet stuff). Lufthansa is getting better and better.

Lufthansa Customer review :  12 February 2015 by Grund Thomas    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

LH434, Munich to Chicago, 26th January. Had multiple trips to the US with Lufthansa over the past couple of months and service, timing and equipment was always perfect. Could recommend it fully but Economy seats should have a little more space.

Lufthansa Customer review :  6 February 2015 by Decker Alexander    (Germany)

Rating 1/10

LH460, 22/1/15. We booked Lufthansa for our flight from Munich to Miami, a 11.5h flight. We wanted to avoid an awkward flight with no space, therefore we chose LH and paid more compared to other airlines. They say: there is no better way to fly. Honestly, this was the poorest flight over the Atlantic. Absolutely no space to sit, a domestic flight usually offers more space. The touchscreens almost were not controllable. You could touch them, but they did not react, so we could not really enjoy the inflight entertainment. The stewardess tried to help, she was nice, rebooted the system several times, but it did not really work as it was to supposed to. Will never do it again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  6 February 2015 by L Richter    (Germany)

Rating 6/10

The crew on the reviewed flight to the USA was great - very attentive and always friendly which isn't self-evident with regard to Lufthansa. The food was ok but the portion was too small for such a long flight (~11.5 hrs). The seat is very uncomfortable (hard and small cushion), my back and posterior already hurt after sitting there for 2 hours. Nevertheless it was better than a regular seat in Economy Class since I had at least a bit of legroom because I paid extra for an Emergency Exit Seat. I think it is very inappropriate to charge that much money for an Emergency Exit Seat. Overall experience was ok but not great.

Lufthansa Customer review :  30 January 2015 by Benussi Patrizio    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

LH 435 on 24th January 2015. Flight was very nice and punctual! Service very good! Business Class Lounge (of United) in Chicago is rubbish! Not really worth going there! No Flair, no real comfort - just very cold and without any expression! Biggest disappointment on this trip! Otherwise the flight was good!

Lufthansa Customer review :  28 January 2015 by Puneck Holger    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

LH 797, Hong Kong-Frankfurt, Jan 18, on B747-8. Really impressed by the new LH Premium Economy, which I could use for the very first time. Check-in friendly and quick. Boarding efficient. On board a very friendly crew. Once I had taken my seat, welcome drink was offered to all passengers in this section. Nice amenity kit at every seat. The seat is simply great, much more space than in normal Economy, big IFE-screen with huge entertainment options. This was one of the drawbacks of flying Lufthansa but they finally improved it. Meal service from a menu, 3 main dishes to chose from. Well presented on fine china. Due to departure at midnight, service very efficient but never looked stressed. Wanted to give us more time to sleep. The seat is very comfortable, good enough to sleep for 6 hours or so. Of course can't compare with their new Business seats, which are top notch. During the night staff came around with drinks and snacks. Breakfast could have been better in my opinion. But that's the only negative point. In all, Lufthansa is getting a real premium carrier. Staff excellent, efficient, friendly and professional.

Lufthansa Customer review :  28 January 2015 by R Friess    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

LH 428 flight to Charlotte/USA was the introduction of new Premium Economy at this connection. Had a chance experiencing this new offer and was satisfied. Seat very spacious in economy and service upgraded compared to standard economy. A good option for the money having more room, better service and comfort.

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 January 2015 by Michael Esser    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

LH 457, 1/15/15. My first time in Premium Economy. I will never fly business again. The leg space was great, the seat did not incline like in business but still enough to enable me to sleep. The service was ok+, of course not like in business but still very good, food and drinks were more than sufficient. I also have to mention the excellent service at the gate. I had been on the waiting list for an upgrade to business which had gone lost though. In premium economy there were only middle seats left which I didn't like. The attendant behind the desk looked into it and found a window seat for me. After some terrible experiences with other airlines (especially British Airways whose economy class has become a joke ever since they decided to divide their aircraft into five (!) different classes) this was an enjoyable experience.

Lufthansa Customer review :  23 January 2015 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Rating 2/10

Flew to and from Sao Paulo via Frankfurt. Already written about the disastrous seat reservation system, so I won't rant on about this here again. I would say though, that it took no fewer than 4 people at Frankfurt to actually resolve our seating issues. In the end only the Flight Manager was able/willing/empowered to deal with it. The crew on all flights were to be fair very good and the food was fine too. Seats however were very uncomfortable on the B747 so I got little if any sleep on the long 11 hour flights. Also, the IFE is terrible. I have a very varied and eclectic taste in TV, music and film and found little to entertain me. And to top it all off, Lufthansa left our bags in Frankfurt en route back to London and can't seem to drag themselves to get them back to us in Southampton until tomorrow, even though by their own admission, they have now arrived on a later flight. Appalling.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Grimme Franco    (Italy)

Rating 9/10

LH491, January 10 2015. I have been a senator member for many years, and since 1998 I flew practically only with this airline, to my complete satisfaction. In the years I also became an hon club member, thanks to my very frequent flight trips. Now I am retired person, I cannot afford to fly business, and I regularly fly 3-4 times a year either to Brazil or USA to visit my son and daughter. I always book well in advance my flights (the last one of December 16, 2014 was booked on June 6, 2014). To be more comfortable (I have a knee problem) I always try to book emergency seats, and this seems to be almost impossible. I would like to see the airline more sensible to this subject.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 January 2015 by B Niemeijer    (Netherlands)

Rating 3/10

LH428, 11/1/2015. Flight MUC to CLT with a small 330 / 300 Airbus. Flight was almost fully booked, but plane was not parked at the gate, but parked on the tarmac. Had to travel with busses. Plane was already delayed, and extra de frosting made the delay even bigger. Entertainment system needed re booting several times. Crew were friendly. When you fly a lot like I do, you expect a bit more variety of food - not always chicken with pasta.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 January 2015 by H Mutschler    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

Flew Cologne to Munich and back on some day. Early morning flight was on time, Crew were nice and offered chocolate cookies before take off. Flight only 50 minutes, but got a nice coffee with milk and one juice. Captain informed about flight details. In Munich gate was with jetfinger and since the plane was not full, it just took a few minutes to deplane. Love LH over Germanwings, too bad they do not fly from Cologne to Hamburg.

Lufthansa Customer review :  21 January 2015 by Ursula Bonfiglioli    (USA)

Rating 8/10

LH 428. Flight and connections were very good. I would improve entertainment on board (old movies) and food could be better! Overall they are good!

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 January 2015 by W Michael    (USA)

Rating 9/10

Munich to Boston, A330-300. New Business Class has finally arrived in most of the LH planes. In general, I like the 180d-flat seat, biggest drawback compared to other good business seats is the missing space for e.g. a laptop adjacent to the seat which superior seats from their other brands OS/LX offer you, so you always have to use the foldaway table instead. Despite a fully booked C service was very efficient, crew very attentive (and professional as always on LH). Entertainment screen is top of shelf. Plane was a little late and some people that had tight connection flights were fetched directly after arrival, which is the efficiency LH is known for.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Marcus Nyberg    (Sweden)

Rating 9/10

Stockholm - Munich - Lisbon return. Everything worked out perfectly on this trip. The planes were in good condition, the service was excellent, and the food was better than expected. The short stop in the clean and efficient Munich airport was a nice break.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Marcus Nyberg    (Sweden)

Rating 6/10

Stockholm - Frankfurt - Dallas. This time the Lufthansa experience was not as impeccable as I am used to. On the long flight during the day from Frankfurt to Dallas the IFE system never started up. This made the journey feel a bit longer than the 10 hours it actually took. Apart from that, the service, the food, and the comfort was very good. Without asking for it, I was also offered a very generous amount of frequent flyer points as compensation a few weeks afterwards.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 January 2015 by D Christian    (Switzerland)

Rating 10/10

FRA-SFO: First Class Terminal in Frankfurt is very elegant. Onboard service very good. Professional crew. Quality of food and drinks very high. The minus was the arrival at SFO: No separate lane for immigration. The bags from all passengers (it was an A380) came on one belt - totally chaotic.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 January 2015 by F Livi    (Denmark)

Rating 9/10

LAX-FRA, LH457, 7 Jan 2014 (LAX) and 8 Jan 2014 (FRA). I choose Lufthansa pretty often since I like their competence, services, flexibility regarding the luggage and their on-time flights. The aircraft's I have flown with were mostly in good to excellent conditions. There is often a good communication from the captain about the flight conditions and so on. Friendly and efficient staff. Sometimes fares could be a little expensive but it is easy to find interesting prices. I would definitely recommend this airline to everybody.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 January 2015 by Grassegger Hannes    (USA)

Rating 10/10

LH 418, 1/9/2015. Great service, a beautiful new plane, competent and friendly staff - had a wonderful experience going from FRA to IAD in the business cabin of a 747-8 on Lufthansa!

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 January 2015 by F Bertoni    (Italy)

Rating 7/10

Sao Paulo-Frankfurt in Premium Economy operated with a packed 748. Flight left late but made it perfectly on time. I always fly this route with Turkish Airlines in Comfort class (Premium Economy) but this time I decided to give Lufthansa and its new product a try. Seat: absolutely adequate and wide enough. There is plenty of room for your legs. It is ok for getting some sleep. I liked the amenity kit distributed. What I really did not like it's the absolute absence of privacy as the Premium Economy seats are actually not separated in any way from regular Economy class. Very good (and upgraded) IFE. The welcome drink, despite very basic (juice) is a nice touch. Cabin crew, as always with Lufthansa, is efficient, similing and polite. But let me spend some words on the food: almost inedible. It is actually the same food you would get in Economy class, but served in china plates. Portion are getting every time smaller and food is almost tasteless. The price paid was quite high - overall, not the best value for money. I'm afraid Lufthansa lost me on this route as I will keep flying Turkish Airlines Comfort class. Generally speaking, Lufthansa remains a reliable airline.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 January 2015 by T Persson    (Sweden)

Rating 6/10

FRA-IAD with Lufthansa. I was upgraded to "Premium Economy" due to Senator status and a full plane, so they bumped "upwards". It was a new 747-800 so the screens were OK and picture quality good. Positives: Better food than regular economy. Better legspace and seat pitch than regular economy. Negatives: Lousy headphones, same as regular economy, so could not hear the movie properly. Premium economy cabin was "messy". Strange sharing with regular economy in 4 rows before Premium, and approx 8 rows behind in mid section. So premium was in the middle of regular economy so it did not feel special in any way, it was just as flying regular economy but with better legroom. Service level was same as regular economy due to the location of the cabin. I don't think it is worth the extra cost (600 Euro more for round trip FRA-IAD) for so little extra comfort. If LH reaches Thai Airways premium levels then it is worth the extra money.

Lufthansa Customer review :  19 January 2015 by K Watzinge    (Germany)

Rating 5/10

LH460, 12/16/2014. It was very cold in the cabin during the flight. The plane was very noisy. The seats were uncomfortable - the upper part of it pushed the head uncomfortably forward. The bun offered was dry and tasteless. The cabin crew were very nice and the inflight entertainment excellent!

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 January 2015 by M Schnaufer    (Austria)

Rating 8/10

Vienna - Frankfurt - Buenos Aires (and back): Web check-in worked fine, got my reserved seat in the rear of the B747-8. The feeding flight to Frankfurt was uneventful, the small snack was okay, I also like that you can have a beer on shorthaul flights. The walk to the departure gate was very long, but that's not the fault of LH. Flight left Frankfurt on time but arrived late due to the very long flight time of 14 hours (resulting from bad weather over the Atlantic Ocean). Food was okay but less in quantity. I frankly do not understand why airlines cut costs by reducing the amount (and the quality) of food. At least you get alcoholic beverages. Entertainment is now great with a lot of movies/shows to select. I could also find some rest during this 14 hours flight. Unfortunately, flight attendants did not make their rounds with beverages that often. Breakfast was very poor! Lufthansa is a reliable and professional airline, they usually get you to your destination on time. But I am not really thrilled flying them.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 January 2015 by Ralf Bostedt    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

Basically uneventful flight. Relaxed and stress free boarding. Perfectly on time (both departure and arrival). However cabin staff (on my side of the aisle) was in training. (Hopefully). Forgot things, full command of English or German deficient. Couldn't answer question on what the food is. All acceptable, however not the lack of friendliness. That is unusual at in my experiences as frequent travelers with Lufthansa. (Senator/Gold status).

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 January 2015 by A Klick    (USA)

Rating 2/10

I have never felt more like cattle than on our trip FRA-HOUSTON on 1/6. Very crowded cabins with seats too close on the Airbus 380-800. Seats cannot be reserved ahead, tried every way possible, spent ages on it. Check-in online with actual access to seat map that allows you to chose your seat would make a lot of frequent flyers of all categories much happier. Flight attendants are overwhelmed with issues because of the random automatic system booking. Families are scattered all over the plane. Even after take off there were still people trying to reunite. This mess causes people to try frantically to reserve seats from 3 days before until past the door closures, why in the world does Lufthansa want to have their personal overwhelmed with this problem is a mystery, they lost my trust.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 January 2015 by W Staab    (USA)

Rating 3/10

JFK-Frankfurt-Budapest then Vienna-Munich-JFK. Tried to book seats online after booking flight but now Lufthansa only allows seats to be booked online by paying a fee (amount depending on the seat chosen) until 23 hours prior to the flight time when online booking of remaining seats is free. First aggravation. Start was delayed 2.5-3 hours due to late arrival of aircraft at JFK- no weather problems, all other European flights left on time only this Lufthansa flight was late. The plane was a 747-8, not full, had 3 seats for myself. Food not of high quality but the service throughout was exemplary - superb. Arriving in Frankfurt of course missing connecting flight to Budapest with a 4.5 wait for next flight. Asked Lufthansa in Frankfurt if I could have use of a lounge during the long wait and was outright denied that privilege though they gave me a 10 Euro certificate for something to eat in the meantime but as we had passed customs there were no restaurants available in that area only snack bars so had a torte. Flight to Budapest was routine, sandwich and drinks. Luggage arrived timely in Budapest. Return to JFK with short flight Vienna to Munich (drinks but no snacks) - then Airbus 330 Munich to JFK which was quite cramped as to seating even on the aisle. Food barely passed muster (metal cutlery though) as Lufthansa has declined dramatically in their culinary department, but again the Flight attendants were magnificent, many drink runs and staff courtesy and organization superior to both Swissair and Austrian flown on similar routes in the last months (Austrian has the best food of the 3 airlines but being owned now by Lufthansa that too has declined considerably from a few years ago). The new 747-8 had a quieter flight than most other planes flying transatlantically. Without the inability to book seats earlier than 23 hours before each flight and the very late departure of the flight to Frankfurt from JFK I would rank Lufthansa higher than a 3 - probably an 8 despite uninteresting bland meals.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 January 2015 by A Althani    (Qatar)

Rating 9/10

This was my return flight from Paris CDG to DOH via FRA in Business Class, the flight from CDG to FRA was on an Airbus A321 was comfortable with prompt efficient service, all on time though I was troubled that at check in although I explained to the staff that I had fragile glass ornaments but they refused to put a handle with care stickers on my bags. The portion from Frankfurt to Doha was on an Airbus A330 with the new business class which was very nice and excellent service with wonderful meal selection, I really liked the Bavarian Goose. Though the connection time was very short just one hour but all our bags made it through which was also very nice.

Lufthansa Customer review :  14 January 2015 by N Rieskamp    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

Trip from Frankfurt to Dublin in Business Class on A319 (no connecting flight). You get what you expect. The weak point is the seating of NEK, as its an Economy Class Seat with the middle-Seat blocked. Seat pitch and space are not luxury, the recline is ridiculous and it feels somewhat cheap. There is no IFE and no power socket, what was not so important on this 110 minutes flight. Nevertheless, I would spend the money again, as the rest was really ok.

Lufthansa Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Hoang Van Hiep    (Vietnam)

Rating 9/10

LH772, FRA-BKK with A340-300, window seat 23 K. Everything worked as expected. The flight was on time both for departure and landing. Check-in, security, boarding as well as disembarkation and baggage retrieval worked without a hitch. On-board service was competent and caring. No complaints at all, for Economy Class you can't do much better than that. LH seats seems to be bigger than in the past, a little bit harder but more spacious in length. The inflight entertainment is excellent with touch screen 8' monitor, quite good quality. The only complain is that it shows the program of December 2014 even we started the trip on the first 2015. The steward promised to check and answer but he never returned.

Lufthansa Customer review :  11 January 2015 by Hoang Van Hiep    (Vietnam)

Rating 10/10

LH779, SIN-FRA with A380, window seat 23 K. Everything worked as expected. The flight was on time both for departure and landing. Check-in, security, boarding as well as disembarkation and baggage retrieval worked without a hitch. On-board service was competent and caring. The C class seat near the window got extra storage on the side and is very convenience. The only problem is the remote control under your arm rest, some times you unintentionally hit the remote control and your film stops. I like the A380 very much.

Lufthansa Customer review :  11 January 2015 by M Riccardo    (Italy)

Rating 9/10

I flew Venice-Frankfurt-Delhi on December 28. Initial flight was supposed to be a day earlier so I missed my connection in FRA and was put on a Lufthansa flight to Delhi rather than Air India which was nice. VCE-FRA was delayed by 2,hours and I only managed to make it because FRA-DEL was also delayed. FRA airport, although I was there for less than an hour, was an atrocious experience. I had to speed like crazy to make the flight and still had to go through security one more time and they were extremely rude, unprofessional and in no way understanding. This is surely not Lufthansa's fault but it did ruin my trip. Flight to Delhi was on their A380, which I adore. Leg room was fair, food was decent although they only had vegetarian options. FAs were extremely polite and professional and always asked if we wanted any drinks throughout the flight. My issue was mostly related to IFE which was not what I expected from LH. Overly German focused and pretty dull overall. Regardless I surely would fly them again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  11 January 2015 by C Teed    (USA)

Rating 4/10

I flew on the new 747-8 that Lufthansa put into service from LAX to Frankfurt. The cabin was clean and the entertainment system functioned flawlessly. I was seated in coach somewhat in the middle section. The service was prompt and pleasant. Although, I don't eat airline food, the cabin crew completed service and quickly, quietly cleaned it up. The aircraft itself was quiet and the lighting system was much more pleasant (L.E.D.) than the standard type. Overall, better than many other transatlantic flights I've made.

Lufthansa Customer review :  5 January 2015 by Igor Popovic    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

FRA-DTW and DTW-FRA, LH 442 and LH 443. Food: It would be great to have the availability of both food choices when sitting at the back of the plane. I'm sure the person sitting in the first rows of economy class didn't pay more than the person in the back and should have the availability to choose between foods. Seat Comfort: The seatmap shown during the self check-in was not the same as found on the plane. In the seatmap during check-in it was shown that there was no other seat to my right. I ended up sitting in the middle seat.

Lufthansa Customer review :  5 January 2015 by C Fox    (Australia)

Rating 10/10

LH1392M Frankfurt - Prague. On time departure, bussed to aircraft on remote stand. Efficient and friendly crew, and a lovely breakfast served despite the flight being only 40 minutes.

Lufthansa Customer review :  5 January 2015 by J Tydeman    (UK)

Rating 1/10

Tried to book seats online for our impending journey to Brazil. Spent an age going through all the information and was poised to spend a small fortune on allocated seats and then found I started getting spurious (but in no way informative) error messages referring me to a (German) telephone number. I decided after several attempts to use the Lufthansa webchat and a nice but not very helpful woman took me all the way through the very laborious process, only to inform me after all that their website is not compatible with Google Chrome. So my Sister tried it for me on her PC and it failed yet again. Half the population uses Google Chrome! Lufthansa, you really need yo try harder than this. Appalling start to our first ever Lufthansa experience. I am rating the airline on the various categories listed here as it won't let me submit a review without doing so.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 December 2014 by J Harston    (Serbia)

Rating 4/10

Lufthansa is getting tired and it shows. I have flown 73 times with Lufthansa in the last 7 years. My flights BEG - FRA - ADDIS (via Jeddah) and return business class were very disappointing. Frankfurt - Addis is a long flight. Old aircraft, old tilting seats, old films old system, unimaginative food, no difference on the way back. Crew change in Jeddah, swapped one good cheery crew for another.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 December 2014 by M Tushishvili    (France)

Rating 8/10

I had the flight Paris-Tirana-Paris via Munich last month. Lufthansa offers very good European product. Both flights arrived on time and Lufthansa provides nice clean aircraft's with very friendly cabin crew. I am very much pleased with the generous leg room in comparison with low cost companies. This is very much appreciated! In terms of the food, I have only one comment since Lufthansa gives sandwiches which used to be very tasty. Now, they gave us the cheese sandwich which was full of unidentified cream and mayonnaise. It was so stodgy and unpleasant. I hope that the management will make appropriate actions to distribute healthy simple food in the future. Overall, Lufthansa is my first choice and it is recommended without hesitation for European routes.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 December 2014 by M Gal    (Switzerland)

Rating 2/10

I felt disappointed on my flight back from Toronto to Frankfurt in August. At the check-in counter I paid an extra fee since my bag was heavier, but that was no problem. I asked if I could bring another hand-baggage but the answer was no. I felt ripped off when boarding I saw people with 3-4 bags each one, when allowed is 1. And moreover I couldn't put my bag over me but 5-10 meters behind me since there was no place where it was supposed to be, because a young couple had 2 backpacks, 2 bags and 2 sleeping bags. I spent 1000$ dollars and 150$ more for the fee and I had my worst flight because I was so pissed off. And at the airport I had to take the money at the atm paying commissions because the credit card machine didn't work.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Tarun Gulati    (USA)

Rating 7/10

I like Lufthansa but increasingly flying through Frankfurt is becoming a nightmare. More often than not the plane is parked on the tarmac vs. at a gate and there are inordinate delays as the busses don't leave till they are absolutely full - if you are travelling first or business and have got off first or had priority boarding - it really makes no difference as you end up waiting in the bus. Also the amount of time that it takes to transfer gates during transit and also go through immigration make it easily one of the worse international hubs now.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 December 2014 by G Spiros    (Sweden)

Rating 7/10

ARN-MUC, 17 Dec, one-way. Full flight on a A320. Service was a bit rushed. Everything was commenced in the first 20 minutes and then nothing only if you ask for it. A small sandwich was served and drinks. Crew were friendly and nice. A standard intra-european flight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Simon Aleksander    (Poland)

Rating 10/10

Flight LH475 from Montreal to Munich on 12/12/2014. A bit delayed due to late arrival of the aircraft from Munich, however the delay was almost made up in Munich, what allowed me to catch the connecting flight. Appreciate the upgrade to Business Class, as Gold Star Alliance member - service great as usual, no any problems. Recommend LH for long haul flights - even in the Economy Class the seat is quite comfortable, and passenger safety and satisfaction is always of top priority.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 December 2014 by John Vollbrecht    (USA)

Rating 4/10

December 2, 2014 from Dulles, flight 419. Destination was Frankfurt, Germany. Upgraded on the return flight, which was Frankfurt to Dulles on Lufthansa 418, on December 13, 2014. Lufthansa has always been our preferred carrier, but the new seating in economy was on the verge of intolerable. The way the seat attaches to the floor greatly limits what you can carry on, there is no foot room. Knee room to the next row is minimal, especially if the person in the seat in front leans back. The seats are narrow and not comfortable. They are squeezed together so much that the seat pocket in front of you can barely hold one bottle of water. Food has greatly degraded over the past few years. I feel degraded by being in economy class. It is insulting to pay for such a horribly uncomfortable trip. I felt like baggage being crammed into the baggage hold, and that I had no value as a customer. Our return flight was much better as we unhappily upgraded to economy plus, but we greatly resented being forced to pay more money just to have a seat that was adequate for an overseas flight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 December 2014 by N Kohut    (USA)

Rating 9/10

Flight Munich - Washington (LH414). Great seat, big TV screen, modern and easy to use controls, nice materials everywhere. The seat was comfortable and roomy (I was in the window seat). Entertainment was good. Food was also good and a fair choice. Plenty of beverages. Crew was wonderful, flight attendants were attentive and friendly. The only thing I would recommend - some more privacy. But overall I had a very good experience.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Egbert Schroeer    (USA)

Rating 6/10

LH491, LH431. Whenever we fly between Germany and the US we fly Lufthansa. The seat comfort in Economy class seats is a pain. Business or First Class I can recommend without hesitation. The service is always excellent and I always enjoyed that! We had the seats at the emergency exit which we take if we have to fly Economy, as Senator without extra charge, as a standard passenger with extra charge. The space you have in this seat is limited, the only plus is the leg room but people who try to go to the bathroom step into it, hit your legs etc. Wondering why there is no Economy Plus as an option.

Lufthansa Customer review :  31 December 2014 by Fink Erich    (Germany)

Rating 10/10

Flight LH444 from FRA to ATL, booked in ECO because our company travel policy does not allow Business, but operational upgrade to C (based on my status as LH-Senastor) because the main cabine was full and C not even 50 % occupied. Plane was equipped with the new business class seats, I like them very much. The food was excellent and the wine selection very nice. All in all I had a very relaxed flight and arrived in Atlanta right on time.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Michael Thumm    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

LH431. Whenever I fly between Germany and the US I try to fly Lufthansa. Even if one feels that Lufthansa cuts cost it is still better than flying one of the American airlines who typically use old airplanes, don't even offer wine or beer any longer and have terrible food. Lufthansa finally uses upgraded planes between Chicago and Frankfurt which they didn't for quite a while (no idea why). However, the seat comfort (no lumbar support at all) and especially the space between Economy class seats definitely declined or respectively shrunk within the last 7 years. It's a pain to get into these Economy class seats if one is just little bit taller not to mention having a careless passenger upfront of you who rams his seat into your knees without hesitation. The service at Lufthansa is always excellent and I always enjoyed that! Also the food is good and they still offer wine and beer.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by A Althani    (Qatar)

Rating 9/10

I flew from Doha to Paris connecting in Frankfurt, the brand new product with the slightly angled flat bed seats was offered on this A330-300 on the Doha to Frankfurt sector but I was told that not all flights on this route have the new product, the seats are comfortable in the sitting and reclining position but not long enough for me when it is turned into a bed. The foot rest was very narrow, the IFE screen was big but the movie and TV selection was not too big. Food was good and the portions where generous, I enjoyed the crepe for breakfast, no amenity kit was offered. Flight attendants were professional, when needed they were present but otherwise they did not bother you when watching a TV program or a movie as does happen on other airlines. The flight from Frankfurt to Paris was on time comfortable and all our bags came through.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Jens Praet    (Italy)

Rating 2/10

Flight LH797 (Dec 11 2014) from Hong Kong to Frankfurt in economy class I don't have a frequent flyer status (yet), however I try to be loyal to one company. New Boeing 747-8 in economy - you get what you paid for I always say - but due to my unpleasant experience, below some observations that should be taken into consideration. Seats are extremely uncomfortable and the given space on the 747-8 feels incredibly cramped - Lufthansa's smaller airplanes are controversially far more spacious - I get they want to squeeze in as many passengers on the plane, but on a +12 hrs flight you don't want to feel like a sardine in a can! Hostesses not attentive in general. In the future I will rather fly with Lufthansa's sister company Swiss Airlines which I personally find of a much better service.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Weissig Thomas    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

LH 419: I really enjoy traveling with Lufthansa, for business I travel first or business class, with my family we normally travel economy class. I really must say that I get the impression that economy is getting tighter with the years. The airlines offer much more space. Business and first I can recommend without hesitation.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by R Gnanadesikan    (USA)

Rating 10/10

I flew LH 419 on Dec 4th from Washington DC to Frankfurt, Germany. The seats in the first class cabin were excellent. The service was excellent and the meal including the wine choices were superb. It is easier to get some sleep with the flat bed seats. I have traveled extensively with Lufthansa since 1991.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Fueglister Daniel    (Switzerland)

Rating 7/10

LH491. Airline and its service were very good for the price paid. Aircraft was renewed in economy (seats, TV) which was very good. Food comparable to other European carriers.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by G I Gallagher    (UK)

Rating 1/10

Paid for a full priced business flight from Frankfurt to Cairo and got stuck on a plane with economy seats, no inflight entertainment whatsoever, (I'm giving it one star because there's no option for zero, no magazines except for Newsweek and Time, no English language newspapers, in short I will be avoiding Lufthansa in the future! Even if they downsize for any particular reason on a route without giving the discount, why not have iPads with movies?

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Rating 10/10

I adore Lufthansa's short-haul business class product. On this short 90 min flight from Munich to Amsterdam onboard an Embraer E90 the service was friendly yet professional, the seat very comfortable and the food superb! The presentation is sophisticated and the quality excellent.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Bassoli Denisley    (USA)

Rating 10/10

Flight LH 490, from Frankfurt to Seattle, Dec/5th/2014. The First Class lounge was a very good, a first class service in full - reception, attendants and attention, breakfast, food, seating, space for working, Wi-Fi. Passport control was taken care and being driven to the gate was a nice touch. Inflight very relaxing, courteous attendants continued and food were really first class, quality and quantity wise. Flight entertainment could be slight better, real bed was excellent, working room as well. Maybe bigger pillows would complement. All in all, excellent first class.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Ayman Ilham    (UK)

Rating 8/10

Had 2 flights, MAN-MUC-RUH on 13th December 2014. First flight was LH-2501 from Manchester to Munich in an Airbus A321. No entertainment screens, but this was only a two hour flight so I didn't mind. However, the staff service was excellent and I got served a decent sandwich plus coffee and coke. Seats were okay for the short flight. Transferred at Munich Airport, which was very neat and clean, with a good bus ride from the plane to the terminal. The next flight, LH-608 from Munich to Riyadh in an Airbus A330 (five hours), was the real deal! Seats weren't exactly the most comfortable out of all planes I've been on, but it was good enough! Entertainment screens were quite unresponsive and not much of my interest, but I have my iPod so I didn't mind. Managed to watch 2 episodes of Big Bang Theory and my sister watched Harry Potter (she was really happy that there were 5 Harry Potter movies available on the flight). Again, excellent staff service (they smiled a lot for an added bonus) and I was surprised to get a really tasty meal (with Halal meat). Really well done for a non-middle-eastern airline! I felt completely relaxed throughout the flight!

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by Z Culig    (Austria)

Rating 9/10

LH 997, AMS-FRA, service was much better compared to other European airlines on a short flight. Snack was served and drinks offered two times. Crew very professional and helpful. Flight was on time and it seems that Lufthansa improved considerably after some criticisms published 2 years ago.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by F Heinemann    (USA)

Rating 5/10

One of the tightest seat pitches I've seen on a long-haul flight (Premium Economy not offered on this route). Cabin constantly too cold. Crew was relaxed and friendly at the beginning but less so at the end. Food a very mixed bag. No sleeping masks or any other give aways. Only upside: Entertainment system of the slightly better version without this clunky old-school remote control but a decent touch screen. On arrival we had a tarmac position (at Munich!) and had to take buses to get to the terminal, something that feels odd on a long-haul flight.

Lufthansa Customer review :  22 December 2014 by S Toljan    (USA)

Rating 7/10

I took a flight from Boston to Munich. As it is quite common with this airline, the plane was in impeccable condition and practically new, however the space - or lack thereof - in economy class is a bit extreme. I think the German engineers went overboard and squeezed a few too many rows into that bird. My inflight entertainment system worked fine, but my wife's next to me didn't. The flight attendant told her 2 or 3 times that she would look into it and reboot the system, but then she never did. Nothing major, but a little more attention would have been nice.

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 December 2014 by B Borg    (Norway)

Rating 8/10

Oslo-Munich-Berlin / Berlin-Frankfurt-Oslo. Convenient schedules, good and efficient service almost throughout. It was worth the premium over flying with another company. The boarding at Munich was the only thing that could have been better - the flight was delayed by about 30 minutes and boarding was somewhat chaotic. Definitely looking forward to my next Lufthansa flights.

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 December 2014 by R Jakab    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

LH456. Had the opportunity to fly LH456 from Frankfurt to Los Angeles in Economy (normally I fly business). Was impressed by the overall high standard (the new B-747 I guess) and inflight entertainment is top of the tops. Small disappointment in food and beverage: Food: overall quality good, chicken run out two rows before us, so pasta only choice. In addition I do not understand why proper bread is not served instead of this white thing that resembles bad quality (Germany has good bread) Beverage: fail to understand why you get 2nd rate prosecco / sparkling and wines. Furthermore non-alcoholic beer was not available on flight. That is cost-saving on the wrong level in my opinion.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Rebecca Ehrenwirth    (Germany)

Rating 3/10

Unfortunately, the crew on this flight was neither very friendly nor attentive. One of the stewards didn't want to talk, he just indicated questions by nodding. The flight was not completely full, but the crew seemed to be strained - maybe due to problems with the entertainment system - so that they only seemed to care for the guest who couldn't use the entertainment. I am used to a much better service provided by Lufthansa - my last flight to NY in September this year for example was one of the best flights I ever experienced - the crew was very attentive, the purser introduced herself to me and offered me another seat. They even brought me food from the business class. I'm not expecting this for every flight, but I expect the crew to be friendly and attentive.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by U Salwender    (USA)

Rating 2/10

LAX/FRA/LAX. 1 of 11 Lufthansa flights in the last 18 months. Some of which were affected by their relentless strikes. I found it to be hit or miss, depending on cabin crew. The planes are always clean, but never comfortable. The food is always there, but can be an insult to taste buds. My last flight was cancelled due to them having a pilot strike. Didn't get that message until a day after, which, by then was irrelevant. I went to a Lufthansa counter at Cologne airport to get help. Their helpline was hopelessly backed up. The flight crew on both legs of my trip seemed arrogant and unresponsive. I missed the beverage service, as I was looking out the window - the flight attendant was one row forward by the time I noticed her, and simply ignored my attempts to get her attention. They charge legacy rates for substandard service. I will more than likely shop for other airlines for future trips, making sure it isn't a Lufthansa code share.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Hessing Frank    (Germany)

Rating 4/10

LH 465, from Orlando to Frankfurt on Nov 9th 2014. Despite their marketing campaign on many Lufthansa flights to the US and elsewhere there are still the old business class seats installed. I was on the Orlando - Frankfurt flight. Those seats are not good. Hard, not good for sleeping, not 180 degree flat, but an inclined S form. Other airlines offer a much better business class for less money, and on my next US flight I will definitely choose another airline if I find out that the airplane has the old seats. Lufthansa tickets in business class are generally high priced. so I would expect 180 degree seats. Service staff though is very well trained, professional and food quality is good.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Epple Frank    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

STR-FRA-GIG and GRU-MUC (business) -STR. STR-FRA very long bus transport from parking area to terminal. Long walk in FRA to terminal C, nice lounge for waiting until boarding. Flight to GIG on 744, acceptable seating comfort. Food and drink offered were ok for economy. GRU-MUC on A346 in Business, good food, good service, seat not that comfortable this time - still some hours of rest. IFE some nice films but very limited selection. Final leg, MUC-STR very limited space in overhead bins - not even room for my hand luggage backpack. Luggage arrived one day later as it hadn't made connection in GRU.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Rating 8/10

The 747-800 is my favourite plane in the Lufthansa fleet for it has their new lie-flat business class seat, which was much appreciated on this 13 hour flight from Buenos Aires to Frankfurt. However, I was very angry that the IFE did not work in my seat. Despite three attempts to reset it. Kaput! Not exactly satisfying when you pay premium $$ for a seat on a long-haul flight. The onboard wifi was also broken. I do have to say though that the purser came to apologize to me and she did a great job in explaining the situation re all the technical difficulties. Was appreciated. The food presentation and choices were excellent despite the flight attendants' initial insistence on speaking German to me even when I repeatedly asked them a question in English. Liked flight info and map.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Siva Krish    (Canada)

Rating 2/10

Chennai to FRA. It was a old 747 flight, the IFE screen was very small and useless, no touch screen. There was no great selection of movies unless you know German. I wish I carried iPad. The FA's were rude, not interested in customer service. For the 10 hour flight from Chennai to Frankfurt, first 8 hours they serve nothing other then two rounds of juice. Just before landing a small light breakfast. Seats were cramped. I was disappointed with LH and will not fly again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Christian Sage    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

LH410 from Munich to JFK on October 10, 2014. Everything worked as expected. The flight was on time both for departure and landing. Check-in, security, boarding as well as disembarkation and baggage retrieval worked without a hitch. On-board service was competent and caring. No complaints at all, for Economy Class you can't do much better than that.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Denzil Bourne    (UK)

Rating 7/10

LHR-MUC-LHR. A321 both ways. LH2479 and LH2470. Outbound was very full. So much so I had to put my weekend hand luggage under the seat in front. Crew where friendly and professional. Inbound less busy. Leg room was sufficient for a short flight and the snack and drink was fresh. On time departure inbound but we were bussed from the jet to the terminal at LHR.

Lufthansa Customer review :  1 December 2014 by W Bilofsky    (USA)

Rating 2/10

SFO-FRA on 28 October on a 380 in the Business Class torture seats. Good flight otherwise, but neither my wife or I could get any sleep in these horrible seats.

Lufthansa Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Carriglio Mirco    (Italy)

Rating 2/10

Flight FRA-CAI in business class. It was the worst travel I've ever done. The airplane was a A320, but seats in business class were like economy and considering this is a 4 hours flight, this not good. No IFE on board neither shared screens or PTV. I wouldn't recommend LH for these medium haul routes.

Lufthansa Customer review :  25 November 2014 by B Baldi    (USA)

Rating 5/10

Flight from San Francisco to Frankfurt on AB A380, aircraft clean, food OK, staff OK. Seat lousy - no legroom, and uncomfortable. Armrest on aisle seat would not lower, making it hard to leave the seat. Staff didn't know how to fix the problem. In-flight entertainment system next to useless because of unresponsive touch screen, and one audio channel not working. Aircraft temperature cold to the point of requiring a jacket be worn at all times. On connecting flight to Berlin Luft. gate staff did not announce gate change in English so confusion resulted among waiting passengers who didn't speak German or missed the change on the electronic screen. Flight from Munich to San Francisco on AB A340 departed late because of baggage handling problem. Aircraft clean, but temperature again cold, and seat comfort worse than A380. In flight entertainment center barely working because of slow, finicky touch screen, and static in audio. Food OK, not good just OK. Before taking Luft. again I will be sure to shop around for a better choice even if it means paying more.

Lufthansa Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Matthew Hollingshead    (USA)

Rating 8/10

Munich to Chicago, 19 Nov 2014, flight 434. Lufthansa is efficient, and I always prefer flying Lufthansa. Airline staff are generally courteous. Seat comfort and space are excellent. Inflight movie selection was a bit uninteresting. One slight problem, I paid extra for aisle exit seats, but did not receive these on the return flight, likely because I was forced to accept a flight change after the initial ticket was bought.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Patel Niri    (UK)

Rating 8/10

Flew MAN-MUC-DEL return in Business Class. Lounge in MAN is ok - typical regional airport lounge. Warm croissants. Breakfast on flight was ok - had ordered Asian veg. Service good. The long haul was a pleasant surprise. I'm 6ft tall and managed to get zero sleep on a flight to Mumbai from Frankfurt 7 years ago and that was my last flight with LH. The new Business class was a pleasant surprise. Cabin crew were friendly and welcoming. Amenity kit is good. The seats are a huge improvement on the sloping beds. I managed to get a few hours sleep too. If you sit by the window, you may find it a bit cramped. I switched to an aisle on the way back and this wasn't so cramped. Will use them again for Delhi, especially s the flights tend to get in earlier than most other carriers. Lufthansa served 2 full meals on this flight, which is impressive. Lufthansa need to realise that paneer (Indian Cheese) covered in Indian gravy for both meals wont escape the attention of the least sober passenger. As I wasn't interested in the food, I forgive them. Will fly LH again for value and comfort.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Andrew Noble    (UK)

Rating 9/10

I have to report an excellent journey JNB-FRA-LCY. New refurbished Business cabin on the A380 is very comfortable, and a lovely decent sized pillow on which to sleep. Lie flat seat/bed is good, but could be a bit narrow at shoulder level. However, I managed 5-6 hrs sleep, which is unusual for me on a lon flight. Food delicious, especially on my outbound FRA-JNB sector, Roast Goose which was perfect! Crew on all sectors were friendly and professional, and the transit through FRA was a breeze. I would advise people to choose seats at rear of the 380 upper deck, pref. row 26/27 as LH serve their food from the rear, moving forward, so you'll always have a full menu choice if seated here. A lovely travelling experience with an airline that maintains its pedigree.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Barua Anondo    (India)

Rating 1/10

I flew Mumbai to Boston in mid October 2014. What a massive disappointment - legroom worse than Spicejet, I am over 6 Ft tall, I travelled all the way with my knees resting on the back of the seat in front. Staff not particularly friendly. They don't serve water at the seat - when I asked for water I was told to go and serve myself in the galley. In Frankfurt my flight to Boston was displaying on the screens, but no gate indicated for a long time. I approached a member of staff to ask and was told "I am not the Information counter". What kind of customer service does Lufthansa think it is providing? The return flight to India was not much different. I have vowed to never to fly this airline.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Petr    (Germany)

Rating 2/10

As LH Senator I have repeatedly booked a seat for my flights, and repeatedly the seat reservation was cancelled. The seat booking system is not working at all. Estimate 75% of cases the seat cancellation is performed without any background - it is very disappointing. Flight LH2023 is a classical example of another incomprehensible situation - nearly every day the "business class" (which in LH's case is nothing but economy divided by curtain from the rest of the plane) is extended till row 12, making 48 business seats, while occupation is 3 - 5 "business" passengers. Remaining travellers are squeezed in the back, while front section is entirely empty. Another trick is to extend the "business class" for 24 hours to row 19, remove all forward seats reservations, and then return back to the original configuration. Why they do it is a mystery to me. LH obviously don't like their status customers in the front of the aircraft.