Lufthansa Customer Reviews and Deutsche Lufthansa Passenger Trip Reports

WATCH the Lufthansa cabin service and product videos

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 December 2014 by B Borg    (Norway)

Rating 8/10

Oslo-Munich-Berlin / Berlin-Frankfurt-Oslo. Convenient schedules, good and efficient service almost throughout. It was worth the premium over flying with another company. The boarding at Munich was the only thing that could have been better - the flight was delayed by about 30 minutes and boarding was somewhat chaotic. Definitely looking forward to my next Lufthansa flights.

Lufthansa Customer review :  18 December 2014 by R Jakab    (Germany)

Rating 8/10

LH456. Had the opportunity to fly LH456 from Frankfurt to Los Angeles in Economy (normally I fly business). Was impressed by the overall high standard (the new B-747 I guess) and inflight entertainment is top of the tops. Small disappointment in food and beverage: Food: overall quality good, chicken run out two rows before us, so pasta only choice. In addition I do not understand why proper bread is not served instead of this white thing that resembles bad quality (Germany has good bread) Beverage: fail to understand why you get 2nd rate prosecco / sparkling and wines. Furthermore non-alcoholic beer was not available on flight. That is cost-saving on the wrong level in my opinion.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Rebecca Ehrenwirth    (Germany)

Rating 3/10

Unfortunately, the crew on this flight was neither very friendly nor attentive. One of the stewards didn't want to talk, he just indicated questions by nodding. The flight was not completely full, but the crew seemed to be strained - maybe due to problems with the entertainment system - so that they only seemed to care for the guest who couldn't use the entertainment. I am used to a much better service provided by Lufthansa - my last flight to NY in September this year for example was one of the best flights I ever experienced - the crew was very attentive, the purser introduced herself to me and offered me another seat. They even brought me food from the business class. I'm not expecting this for every flight, but I expect the crew to be friendly and attentive.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by U Salwender    (USA)

Rating 2/10

LAX/FRA/LAX. 1 of 11 Lufthansa flights in the last 18 months. Some of which were affected by their relentless strikes. I found it to be hit or miss, depending on cabin crew. The planes are always clean, but never comfortable. The food is always there, but can be an insult to taste buds. My last flight was cancelled due to them having a pilot strike. Didn't get that message until a day after, which, by then was irrelevant. I went to a Lufthansa counter at Cologne airport to get help. Their helpline was hopelessly backed up. The flight crew on both legs of my trip seemed arrogant and unresponsive. I missed the beverage service, as I was looking out the window - the flight attendant was one row forward by the time I noticed her, and simply ignored my attempts to get her attention. They charge legacy rates for substandard service. I will more than likely shop for other airlines for future trips, making sure it isn't a Lufthansa code share.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Hessing Frank    (Germany)

Rating 4/10

LH 465, from Orlando to Frankfurt on Nov 9th 2014. Despite their marketing campaign on many Lufthansa flights to the US and elsewhere there are still the old business class seats installed. I was on the Orlando - Frankfurt flight. Those seats are not good. Hard, not good for sleeping, not 180 degree flat, but an inclined S form. Other airlines offer a much better business class for less money, and on my next US flight I will definitely choose another airline if I find out that the airplane has the old seats. Lufthansa tickets in business class are generally high priced. so I would expect 180 degree seats. Service staff though is very well trained, professional and food quality is good.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Epple Frank    (Germany)

Rating 7/10

STR-FRA-GIG and GRU-MUC (business) -STR. STR-FRA very long bus transport from parking area to terminal. Long walk in FRA to terminal C, nice lounge for waiting until boarding. Flight to GIG on 744, acceptable seating comfort. Food and drink offered were ok for economy. GRU-MUC on A346 in Business, good food, good service, seat not that comfortable this time - still some hours of rest. IFE some nice films but very limited selection. Final leg, MUC-STR very limited space in overhead bins - not even room for my hand luggage backpack. Luggage arrived one day later as it hadn't made connection in GRU.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Tercon Bojan    (Singapore)

Rating 8/10

The 747-800 is my favourite plane in the Lufthansa fleet for it has their new lie-flat business class seat, which was much appreciated on this 13 hour flight from Buenos Aires to Frankfurt. However, I was very angry that the IFE did not work in my seat. Despite three attempts to reset it. Kaput! Not exactly satisfying when you pay premium $$ for a seat on a long-haul flight. The onboard wifi was also broken. I do have to say though that the purser came to apologize to me and she did a great job in explaining the situation re all the technical difficulties. Was appreciated. The food presentation and choices were excellent despite the flight attendants' initial insistence on speaking German to me even when I repeatedly asked them a question in English. Liked flight info and map.

Lufthansa Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Siva Krish    (Canada)

Rating 2/10

Chennai to FRA. It was a old 747 flight, the IFE screen was very small and useless, no touch screen. There was no great selection of movies unless you know German. I wish I carried iPad. The FA's were rude, not interested in customer service. For the 10 hour flight from Chennai to Frankfurt, first 8 hours they serve nothing other then two rounds of juice. Just before landing a small light breakfast. Seats were cramped. I was disappointed with LH and will not fly again.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Christian Sage    (Germany)

Rating 9/10

LH410 from Munich to JFK on October 10, 2014. Everything worked as expected. The flight was on time both for departure and landing. Check-in, security, boarding as well as disembarkation and baggage retrieval worked without a hitch. On-board service was competent and caring. No complaints at all, for Economy Class you can't do much better than that.

Lufthansa Customer review :  4 December 2014 by Denzil Bourne    (UK)

Rating 7/10

LHR-MUC-LHR. A321 both ways. LH2479 and LH2470. Outbound was very full. So much so I had to put my weekend hand luggage under the seat in front. Crew where friendly and professional. Inbound less busy. Leg room was sufficient for a short flight and the snack and drink was fresh. On time departure inbound but we were bussed from the jet to the terminal at LHR.

Lufthansa Customer review :  1 December 2014 by W Bilofsky    (USA)

Rating 2/10

SFO-FRA on 28 October on a 380 in the Business Class torture seats. Good flight otherwise, but neither my wife or I could get any sleep in these horrible seats.

Lufthansa Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Carriglio Mirco    (Italy)

Rating 2/10

Flight FRA-CAI in business class. It was the worst travel I've ever done. The airplane was a A320, but seats in business class were like economy and considering this is a 4 hours flight, this not good. No IFE on board neither shared screens or PTV. I wouldn't recommend LH for these medium haul routes.

Lufthansa Customer review :  25 November 2014 by B Baldi    (USA)

Rating 5/10

Flight from San Francisco to Frankfurt on AB A380, aircraft clean, food OK, staff OK. Seat lousy - no legroom, and uncomfortable. Armrest on aisle seat would not lower, making it hard to leave the seat. Staff didn't know how to fix the problem. In-flight entertainment system next to useless because of unresponsive touch screen, and one audio channel not working. Aircraft temperature cold to the point of requiring a jacket be worn at all times. On connecting flight to Berlin Luft. gate staff did not announce gate change in English so confusion resulted among waiting passengers who didn't speak German or missed the change on the electronic screen. Flight from Munich to San Francisco on AB A340 departed late because of baggage handling problem. Aircraft clean, but temperature again cold, and seat comfort worse than A380. In flight entertainment center barely working because of slow, finicky touch screen, and static in audio. Food OK, not good just OK. Before taking Luft. again I will be sure to shop around for a better choice even if it means paying more.

Lufthansa Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Matthew Hollingshead    (USA)

Rating 8/10

Munich to Chicago, 19 Nov 2014, flight 434. Lufthansa is efficient, and I always prefer flying Lufthansa. Airline staff are generally courteous. Seat comfort and space are excellent. Inflight movie selection was a bit uninteresting. One slight problem, I paid extra for aisle exit seats, but did not receive these on the return flight, likely because I was forced to accept a flight change after the initial ticket was bought.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Patel Niri    (UK)

Rating 8/10

Flew MAN-MUC-DEL return in Business Class. Lounge in MAN is ok - typical regional airport lounge. Warm croissants. Breakfast on flight was ok - had ordered Asian veg. Service good. The long haul was a pleasant surprise. I'm 6ft tall and managed to get zero sleep on a flight to Mumbai from Frankfurt 7 years ago and that was my last flight with LH. The new Business class was a pleasant surprise. Cabin crew were friendly and welcoming. Amenity kit is good. The seats are a huge improvement on the sloping beds. I managed to get a few hours sleep too. If you sit by the window, you may find it a bit cramped. I switched to an aisle on the way back and this wasn't so cramped. Will use them again for Delhi, especially s the flights tend to get in earlier than most other carriers. Lufthansa served 2 full meals on this flight, which is impressive. Lufthansa need to realise that paneer (Indian Cheese) covered in Indian gravy for both meals wont escape the attention of the least sober passenger. As I wasn't interested in the food, I forgive them. Will fly LH again for value and comfort.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Andrew Noble    (UK)

Rating 9/10

I have to report an excellent journey JNB-FRA-LCY. New refurbished Business cabin on the A380 is very comfortable, and a lovely decent sized pillow on which to sleep. Lie flat seat/bed is good, but could be a bit narrow at shoulder level. However, I managed 5-6 hrs sleep, which is unusual for me on a lon flight. Food delicious, especially on my outbound FRA-JNB sector, Roast Goose which was perfect! Crew on all sectors were friendly and professional, and the transit through FRA was a breeze. I would advise people to choose seats at rear of the 380 upper deck, pref. row 26/27 as LH serve their food from the rear, moving forward, so you'll always have a full menu choice if seated here. A lovely travelling experience with an airline that maintains its pedigree.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Barua Anondo    (India)

Rating 1/10

I flew Mumbai to Boston in mid October 2014. What a massive disappointment - legroom worse than Spicejet, I am over 6 Ft tall, I travelled all the way with my knees resting on the back of the seat in front. Staff not particularly friendly. They don't serve water at the seat - when I asked for water I was told to go and serve myself in the galley. In Frankfurt my flight to Boston was displaying on the screens, but no gate indicated for a long time. I approached a member of staff to ask and was told "I am not the Information counter". What kind of customer service does Lufthansa think it is providing? The return flight to India was not much different. I have vowed to never to fly this airline.

Lufthansa Customer review :  20 November 2014 by M Petr    (Germany)

Rating 2/10

As LH Senator I have repeatedly booked a seat for my flights, and repeatedly the seat reservation was cancelled. The seat booking system is not working at all. Estimate 75% of cases the seat cancellation is performed without any background - it is very disappointing. Flight LH2023 is a classical example of another incomprehensible situation - nearly every day the "business class" (which in LH's case is nothing but economy divided by curtain from the rest of the plane) is extended till row 12, making 48 business seats, while occupation is 3 - 5 "business" passengers. Remaining travellers are squeezed in the back, while front section is entirely empty. Another trick is to extend the "business class" for 24 hours to row 19, remove all forward seats reservations, and then return back to the original configuration. Why they do it is a mystery to me. LH obviously don't like their status customers in the front of the aircraft.